CrewTracks Reviews

5.0/5 (6 reviews)

Carrie Bayer

Growing app provides easy tracking

Reviewed 2018-12-04
Review Source: Software Advice

I highly recommend this software to all companies no matter what it is you do. It is so easy to schedule and track your day to day jobs and makes billing super easy. It makes my day go quicker because I don't have to be on a guessing game and don't have to keep going back and forth with the Supervisor or the employees as to what was done and how the property looked when they left.

Pros
Being able to enter information quickly and with only a few steps makes it easy for even the crew to pick up. The appearance and color scheme is appealing. There are a lot of features and you are given the option of selecting which features you would like to use just by a quick click. The gps and live events options make it easy to see where the crew is and what it is they are working on. By having the photo and notes capability it makes it easy for the crew to snap pics of before and after the service has been completed. Further, they can make note of concerns on the property without having to write everything up on a separate sheet of paper. The real time processing makes it easy to bill at the end of the service so there is no payment delays. The app is consistently updated with newer and better options so if you come across something that you would like to see in the software, chances are they are already working on it.

Cons
I currently haven't experienced any cons and have been using the program for over 9 months. If I do come across something that doesn't work with what I want to do, I just reach out to my rep and he lets me know how to work around it. He actually provides me with the information I need to make my request work where I wouldn't have thought I could make it work.

Response from Brett

Carrie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We love working with you, and you've described exactly the experience we strive to provide for our customers. The last few sentences of your review are particularly gratifying. No software can perfectly meet every need of every company, so we are resourceful and creative in filling in those little gaps. Your feedback has been so valuable in highlighting areas that we can focus in development. We are constantly innovating by combining our vision with customer feedback, and your grateful attitude along with interesting problems to solve have been a ray of sunshine on work we already love. Thank you for being such a joy to work with.

Nathan Lawing

This time management product has helped us find and recover cost associated with labor.

Reviewed 2017-07-04

Payroll costs are recouped. Digital documentation of job performance and machine tracking.

Pros
We incorporate this in our daily report. Not only do we track each employees time, we also manage equipment time/materials used and documentation of what has taken place on the job site.

Cons
One issue I've had is an error message that pops up stating it couldn't connect to server. I simply click close and it still works. I've brought this to the attention to the folks at CrewTracks and they are currently working on it.

Response from CrewTracks

Thanks so much for the review, Nathan! We spend a lot of time showing folks how CrewTracks will actually save money. Your endorsement means a lot.

I'll be in touch about the "can't connect to server" issue - curious if you're still seeing it.

Thanks again!

Update: Just wanted to let any readers know that we solved the "can't connect to server" issue and introduced a feature that replaces the message. Instead of an error message, any time your device loses data connection, an indicator in the app changes from green to orange, or red if something is really wrong. You can tap on the indicator to get details, but CrewTracks will not display an error message.

As always, all your updates will be stored on the device, and then data will sync with the office once the data connection is restored.

Christina Cornell

CrewTracks is a huge asset to both the office and the field!

Reviewed 2018-04-27

We utulize it mainly for scheduling and payroll purposes, but there are many capabilities we have not yet taken advantage of.

Pros
The simplicity of it is excellent! Our guys, who are a mix of english and spanish speaking, were able to have the app running smooth in just one week. Anytime we have a question or need assistance, help is a phone call, text or email away. A real person picks up the phone and helps you! The software itself has turned payroll from a nightmare to a breeze and made field ops run more smoothly and efficiently.

Cons
No complaints, it is working out great for us! We had one request, which was a clock-out confirmation warning, and the team at CrewTracks got it done; We now have that feature! I highly recommend this software and also the team who make it happen!!

Response from CrewTracks

Christina, the feeling is mutual! :) We love working with you and Pacific Masonry. Thank you so much for this review. Please continue to reach out any time we can help with anything.

Carrie Bayer

Best User Friendly Job Management Software

Reviewed 2018-02-28
Review Source: Software Advice

I have purchased and learned several software options. CrewTracks is by far the simplest and most cost effective software out there for managing your company's jobs and tracking your crew and productivity!

Pros
It is simple to use and doesn't bog you down with tons of extras that you are forced to use. It works perfectly with our landscape company and we plan on extending to our hardscape crews then moving to include our snow removal when winter comes back around.

Cons
Not waiting to complete training before starting to input customers. Crew Tracks customer service is ready to help in any one and you should take full advantage of that option.

Debbie Nowaczyk

We can finally budget project phases

Reviewed 2017-06-23

We use the software to track our crew time via project phase and build expenses based on that. It has helped us fine tune our billing on a monumental level. Really worth it. Also love the GPS tracking feature.

Pros
Easy for our crew to allocate their hours in regards to each project phase - carpentry, drive time, plumbing. Plugs directly into QB too.

Cons
The cell application has different features than the desktop interface. Most of the admin stuff comes from the admin desktop location.

Response from CrewTracks

Thanks for the review, Debbie! Glad to hear you're loving CrewTracks.

Reyna Bovee

This app is everything for for our construction crew

Reviewed 2017-06-21

We've been able to budget out how much each job task is actually taking and report and budget back appropriately.

Pros
1. Photo time card in and out 2. Job tracking 3. Work completed while on job tracking 4. Integrates directly with Quickbooks

Cons
Sometimes the software is a little too robust for us, but that's not a bad problem to have. We'll grow into it.

Response from CrewTracks

Reyna, thank you so much for the positive review! You have a great business, and we're proud to be a part of it.