Planyard

Construction budget management & job costing software

visit website

Planyard Reviews

A great construction costing solution

When I came across Planyard, I knew that this was the piece of software that I had been looking for, for some time. I use cloud accounting software Xero and Quickbooks but they don’t have specific construction-based costing tools. They have project management costing tools but they are quite basic and don't have the level of detail and functionality that construction companies need. Planyard solves...

Pros

Its automated so it significantly reduces data entry. It eliminates many potential errors, for example that you would get on Excel. The data is accessible real time to aid cost control and decision making. Expensive QS's/PM's can focus on value added activities rather than filling out spreadsheets. If a QS leaves, the data is there and it's easy for a new QS to take over. Eliminates estimating errors. Better & quicker cost control and sign off of variations from clients. It keeps being updated with new useful features.

Cons

I didn't find it sooner! Some of the terminology was confusing but this has been updated now. And there is a detailed explanation attached to every box within the software. The support team are also very willing to help if you have any queries.

Saves project managers a lot of time on data entry and reporting

Dealing with paper invoices and commitments seems like the stone age compared to Fizure. Previously, when an error slipped into the budget, it was hard work tracking it down. No matter how small the error, it meant going through a tall stack of printed invoices one by one. It also used to be hard to put together a budget review for the construction manager because the data was split between Excel and...

Pros

I finally don’t have to work in Excel anymore or do duplicate data entry. The subcontractors do the work for me when they report progress through commitments or respond to RFQs. Fizure also does budget calculations for me. Everything is kept up to date and the forecasts work in real time. I don’t have to stay up all night to do the calculations manually when the month’s end approaches and everyone wants to get paid. Commitments and invoicing work great there. In addition I save around an hour per RFQ because Fizure automates this process and makes RFQs easily comparable. That adds up to several workdays per project.

Cons

Processing consolidated invoices could be better but it seems fixing this is on their roadmap already.

Hi Martin, Thank you for the review. Yes, we can confirm that consolidated invoicing is in development already and should be released within a couple of weeks.

Planyard is a great leap forward in my everyday work

For me personally, Planyard is an elementary tool, that provides a quick and operative overview and that visualizes the importance. I can not imagine, that I still had to manually track the invoices and enter them one by one on Excel to see my committed costs. That feels like the stone age. I would probably need to have a secretary who deals with the invoices if I was working via Excel.

Pros

For those who are managing construction project budgets on Excel, Planyard is a great leap forward in terms of work comfort. You have automatically a real-time overview of the project costs. There is no need to sync invoices separately. Additionally, there is much less risk for human error. Information moves and saves automatically.

Thank you Siim!

Ditch Excel and simplify your budget management and book-keeping for construction projects

Planyard has become and invaluable tool to keep on top of budgets, book-keeping and accounting. It also has the capacity to grow with us, having plenty of features that we do not use at the moment, but will clearly be beneficial as we increase the size and scale of our operations.

Pros

Super helpful and responsive support staff who are the actual developers, not a call centre worker reading from a script. Planyard takes away a lot of the headaches from manual data entry and keeping spreadsheets up to date. Gives a clear and easy visual display of your construction budgets and links to xero so your bookkeeping is in sync with your spending and your budget.

Cons

There have been a few niggles over time with functionality and usage, but the Planyard team have been quite remarkable at listening and improving the product almost in real-time in response to feedback from myself and others. As the product evolves it becomes better and better suited to the task in hand and is now an essential part of our workflow.

Planyard makes our projects financials easy

project financials

Pros

We were looking a long time for a software that covers our complete workflow. With Planyard we found a good solution for making estimates, send bid requests, evaluate the prices, make orders and follow up progress reports. This makes our project financials easier and always up to date.

Cons

We would like to have a better tool for specification sheets. Seems like they are going to start developing this part in the near future. So fingers crossed.

User experience

Fizure will help monitoring and handling the project better than any other software I have tried

Pros

At Hitachi ABB Power Grids, my responsibility is building power grids and substations on time and budget. We use spreadsheets to manage everything from estimating through subcontractors' progress reporting and budget tracking. Updating spreadsheets is a dull task where a simple mistake could easily be very Expensive. I have been using Fizure for 6 months and managed the whole subcontractor billing process on the system, where the subcontractor submits the monthly progress reports along with the change orders for review. I don't have to do any data entry, I just review and approve, and the progress report is processed, and the budget is automatically updated. Fizure helps me to have a better overview of my project, and there is no delay in tracking the project's current status.

Cons

The numbers in the budget didn't seem to be realistic. But with the help of a Fizure consultant, we were quickly able to find the approved invoice that was causing the trouble. This invoice was approved while testing the system, and with a simple Archive, we were able to fix the numbers.

Thank you for the review Marko.

Review Hausers

Helps track and approve all budget with all costs and contracts. It´s easy to get involved with subcontractors and sendand approve commitments. This is good programm to use instead of Excel.

Pros

Itś easy to use, saves time. Easy to track costs.

Cons

It is new program and very often need to contact with developer to solve some issues.

Thank you Erki, your testimonial and feedback have been really helpful. We are focused on making the budget management job easy for the project managers, and every discussion, idea or piece of feedback is much appreciated.