InEight Reviews

4.31/5 (8 reviews)

Pros
  • Useful to construction service companies
  • Powerful tool for cost estimating projects. New format to be similar to excel makes it easier to use.
  • the free form CBS structure that allows the estimate to be re-configured easily on the fly when a scope or idea changes
  • Quote Management at Bid time it great getting the best number we can get and the easy of changing our bid in s short keys stokes
Cons
  • there are no con at this time..
  • Minimal integration to other softwares.
  • Program has so many features that learning all of them can be cumbersome.
  • There's nothing I don't like about the program. There's nothing I don't like about the program. There's.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Chad Opper

The software is capable of a lot more than we will ever use it for.

Reviewed 2018-06-12

Pros
I have been working with Hard Dollar for 10 years and it has been a very good tool to procure work in my industry. The software works great for large complicated projects, I believe we have been successful due to the Hard Dollar system. The corporation I work for is very pleased with the work we have procured using the software over the last two and a half years.

Cons
It takes a long time to learn the program and get familiar with the actions when putting an estimate together. Because of the complexity of the system our firm was hesitant about continuing to use it shortly after I started working here. Once they saw the rewards of the work we procured they have since changed their minds. I believe smaller firms would be more apt to using the software if there was a less complex version that could be offered. Last thing I would say, the customer support was lacking two and a half years ago when I purchased the product. I used you-tube videos to help get the software set up properly but some of my questions could not be answered. it took some time but I ended up figuring it out well enough to bid work. Since I came aboard, the company has grown from roughly 33 million to 45 million in gross revenue per year.

Mark Games

I have used the product for 17 years and would not consider using another estimating software.

Reviewed 2018-06-11

Consistent time savings while maintaining accuracy in bids.

Pros
The thing that I like most is the ability to utilize the bid wizard for new job setup that allows copying resources, cost breakdown, account codes, etc. from an existing job to the new job. This cuts down substantially on the time it takes to set up a new estimate. Also, love the ability to export to scheduling and accounting software. Again, it substantially cuts down on the time to do it from scratch.

Cons
I don't think that the customer support is as responsive as it was years ago. Often times the question is one that needs an immediate answer and sometimes it takes hours to get a response.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Joey Rooks

User friendly

Reviewed 2018-06-07

Pros
The whole program is user friendly. The quote module is easy to use. The new alternate scenario has been a great add-on to do value engineering options for the client.

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Michael Harvey

frustrating

Reviewed 2018-06-08

This type of software is one of the driving forces in the construction industry.

Pros

Cons
it allows modification in fields/cells that should not be able to be changed in that location. You should have to go to a setup screen to make these type modifications

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Michael Geiger

I been using this soft ware from the time its was 3 cards and Grant and Stan did the training

Reviewed 2018-06-14

Pros

Cons
there are no con at this time..

Anonymous

InEight Honest Review

Reviewed 2018-08-08

Estimate for Construction Services was the main challenge why we had to use InEight Estimates. The main benefit I had realized is that the milestones for revenue can be monitored using this software.

Pros
Useful to construction service companies

Cons
Minimal integration to other softwares.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Kyle Haake

InEight Review

Reviewed 2019-07-18

Pros

Cons
Program has so many features that learning all of them can be cumbersome.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Ron Delisi

Reviewed 2012-11-27
Review Source: Software Advice

Been using the product for 4 plus years. We measure progress, forecast and estimate all of our projects. Cash flow, Earned Value and production performance are key metrics for our company. Hard Dollar provides us reports to collaborate with owners and other EPCM's. Support is very good. Product is very straight forward, especially if you came from Excel spreadsheets. Ties nicely in from a cost model to schedule to progress and into SAP which we utilize strongly.