The ONLY Daily Reporting app to use human transcription

NoteVault Reviews

Pros

Easy to use and can be accessed from many of my devices and ability to use cell phone is a great benefit and also with PC, tablet and laptop all aids in helping me complete my assigned tasks.

Ian B.

Notevault has been great for clients and management to get daily visuals of our projects. We have recommended it to many others as it seems to be a great value for the money.

David B.

Dane B.

Cons

Product can be slow over cellular network and if any of the devices you use have poor connectively it has a negative effect on the tasks and pictures you are trying to dispatch.

Ian B.

The website is difficult to use, especially when downloading pictures, I can only download one at a time. Also, downloading reports from website is very slow and cumbersome.

Aaron L.

The access is limited to a single user and can not be shared with anyone else in the team. Had a few bugs here and there but those can be ignored and there are not much cons.

4.3

This is a great tool for documenting and sharing notes.

Pros

It's really easy to use and has great features on both computer and phone app.

Cons

It takes some time to learn but ends up being easy to use after you get the hang of it.

Windover Construction - Field Super review

At first, Notevault was accepted easily, but over the past 2 years, I have really improved on using the software daily. My biggest tip to others using in the company is setting up more Categories immediately when a job is open, use individual NOTES for each sub/trade or floor to keep clean. I do wish Notevault did have a SAFETY tab like Notes, Labor, Equipment, and Materials... would no doubt make this software AAA+, but actually missing that is opening up our company to look for a software that does include this feature.

Pros

- Well thought and layed out. - Easy to use features on both computer and phone app. - Auto-generating and distribution of report the following day. - Customer Service - any time of the day I have gotten excellent help on minor issues. - Cloud holds information for 8yrs.

Cons

- Need a tab for SAFETY like Notes, Labor, Equipment, Materials. - Categories in Settings: There should be many more pre-entered categories for Commercial Construction (all trades, inspections, weather) -

Too simple

This has an awesome feature of having real people transcribe what you say which is great and saves a ton of time, however lacking in other features. There is no good way to look through pictures without clicking on them one at a time and going back to click on the next one. This makes it super easy to make a update by speaking your 2 cents and snapping a few quick photos of whats going on, however it is not easy to quickly find a photo you to "2 or 3 months back but your not sure" without slowly searching through the filters. You also have to download pictures one at a time as well, making it an not a good choice to store many pictures on.

Pros

Voice Transcription makes it easy to report on things you would otherwise not put in the effort to type; making it easier to have more and better quality of reports.

Cons

Online interface/picture viewing/sorting capabilities.

Adaptable for Multi Small Projects

The fast past of visiting multiple small projects over a giant campus makes notetaking nearly impossible. But the voice dictation/transcription feature connected with photos is a huge help in documenting my daily work

Pros

With the "categories" I am able to customize the daily reports to manage and document multiple small projects from one single sheet

Cons

Sometime the voice dictation and sync-ing will take longer than expected.

NoteVault

For KPH Inc it is all about photos. Taking pictures of site conditions such as safety issues,site cleanliness,utility locate flags,our finished installation and changes in the scope of the job to have proof for the engineer or owner. Also excellent for making job notes during the day and at the end of day. The weather 3 times a day at each site that I am managing sometimes 5-6 per day and 50 miles apart is very beneficial. Also being able to print off all your projects at the end of year is great for bring to meeting with owner/engineers and our employees.

Pros

Easy to use. Everything quickly available to document work progress and issues. Attach photos easily.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I have had an issue with that was not quickly resolved or explained how to get what i want out of the product from customer service.

Great Trial Experience

Pros

My company currently uses CMiC for both accounting and field management. We are not very happy with CMiC's daily reporting functions. I wasn't really looking for a replacement for the daily reporting when I just happened to come across NoteVault on line. I watched a couple of videos and did a little research online...then contacted NoteVault for a demo. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from NoteVault...

Cons

I have not had any bad experiences with NoteVault. If there were any concerns, I know the customer service team at NoteVault will be on it right away.

Best Note Keeping App for Construction

Pros

Being able to write notes by talking to the phone instead of typing them makes it incredibly useful when walking big construction projects. The ability to attach pictures to notes is also quite useful.

Cons

I wish that the functionality with the other related app, "Crew!" would work better... it has been a little while since I've used the app and have heard it has been fixed, though. Can't wait to try it again!

40 Years of Daily Reports

Going on 4 years of using NoteVault for daily documentation. The ease of just describing the day and backing up with photos while out in the field is amazing. Send to Owner and Architect the day after with question or challenges identified is a gift.

Pros

Ease of use and the end product.

Cons

Cannot have more than 1 user on the subscription. A single project subscription should be able to share with foreman etc. for daily documentation.

one step closer to paperless

brings all your job info into one central location so no more "lost" reports

Pros

With voice input makes data collection so much easier. allowing the whole team to be on the same page a lot faster then submitting paper reports

Cons

My older crew embers struggled a bit to learn the process but once they got up to speed they loved it too

Great reporting tool but really only useful for field staff

Pros

Custom reports for construction teams on a daily basis but only really useful for field staff. We like that you can review from any where but a lot of newer programs have this feature built into the system

Cons

Not useful if you upgrade to a new system that has this feature built in for a lower cost associated.

Fine.

Less typing. Easier upload of photos.

Pros

Easy upload of photos. Transcription minimizes the amount of typing. Customer support is actually pretty good, problems are dealt with swiftly when they can be dealt with.

Cons

On the calendar, days with filled in with a color, makes it easy to see which days you were on a project. The color needs to change when an email has been generated and sent. Also would like to be able to access favorites when uploading photos. Certain photos are used repeatedly. App occasionally crashes at the end of a voice note just when it's time to chose photos.

NoteVault End User Functionality Review

Pros

The auto populate is very handy. Customer Support did help me in use of the auto populate from previous days work.

Cons

New info input is difficult to use immediately. What is slightly cumbersome is when a name, company, trade, or classification is added that information does not make the list as I can see it. In order to use that new information I must choose something else from the pull down, save and finish, and the edit before the new information comes in. I am happy to go over that with Customer Support because maybe I'm doing something incorrect.

NoteVault Review

Doing my dailies has never been easier. I would recommend this service to all that require daily reports.

Pros

-Being able to talk my daily reports vs. writing -Ease of attaching Pictures -Ease of editing on computer -Great Customer Service

Cons

- Occasionally pictures do not attach - Notes do not appear in order as spoken - Need note search bar to find things in past notes

Long Time User

The greatest asset of NoteVault to me is the time that it saves me in generating my safety reports. I used to dread sitting down and downloading pictures, typing my comments and corrections and then generating the report. It used to take me an hour minimal to get a single report out! With NoteVault, this morning I edited 3 different job site inspections and sent the reports to the people that needed them within 15 minutes for all of them!!

Pros

I truly enjoy the flexibility of the application, snap pictures and speak the comments and within an hour - the report is generated and ready for edit.

Cons

Being there at the start, they have worked through a lot of bugs over the past 10 years. There is really nothing that deters me from using it - I works great now and has for many years.

I can only say with NoteVault is very reassuring in capturing the day

Pros

Simple and easy to use software that allowed for multiple people in the office to be trained. It also allowed for notes to be sent to sub-contractors to show progress of workers or lack there of

Cons

There was many faults with the programs so hard to answer. But the only issue I could think was when using the vocal note taking aspect words were missing.

Note vault review

Note vault is a definite time saver... as an old timer that has progressed through the industry from the pre-cell phone days to present. Never have I thought DFR's would be so easy ... Walk around the job site, voice transcribes notes add pictures with details.. any little thing can be notated in real time. Now, I couldn't imagine doing DFR's without it....Thanks Note Vault!!!!

Pros

Cons

Finding things in past DFR's

Great service for documenting and reporting

Notevault makes it simple to document a report every time I do a site visit. I snap a couple of photos in the app of work progress or really anything I want to document, such as a punch list item, incident, photo of material I need to purchase, etc... Then write or dictate a brief (or detailed) description. Notevault does the rest! The next day I get a beautiful PDF report with all of the information, even includes weather, location, time, and name of person taking the report automatically. All images are stored on their server and I can download them to my computer or phone at any time. Overall I find this product useful in running my projects and highly recommend it to anyone looking for ways to streamline documentation and reporting.

Pros

Ease of use / automatically generated PDFs

Great Program

We had to start using Note Vault for a project we did last year. we liked it so much we continued to use it and are now using it company wide on every project we do. They have great customer service and training classes.

Pros

Very easy to use. You can customize controls and access for each individual person.

Cons

Thanks, Chris for the review and being a NoteVault customer.

We have used notevault for daily reporting.

Pros

It is relatively easy to use. It auto populates the daily reports for us. It makes it easy for superintendent to input their reports

Cons

It is a little hard to maintain the system. The setup for each project is not as automated as i think it could be.

NoteVault

The company is very helpful when you have an issue and quickly to resolve any issue. One person that is really helpful is CSR.

Pros

Very easy to use and very helpful for proof of documentation such as picture images.

Cons

The program tends to freeze quiet often.

Time Saver...Easy to use

I just click on jobsite address and i'm ready to write report. When i'm done i just click send and everybody who needs a copy receives it . It sends me a copy so billing or cross reference is simple.....All Done

Pros

Im not super tech savvy but it was simple to get up and running. Customer service is quick to help out.

Cons

I have been writing reports for a while now and have no cons.

Very straight forward and easy for all technical skill kevels to use.

Daily concise snapshots of the project shown by the integral person of the given area.

Pros

Anyone we give it to is able to use it. Even those that are less technically savvy. It does a good job of giving everyone a brief overview of the project in a concise daily snapshot.

Cons

My notes don't seem to consistently post unless I babysit them in the status window. Other than that, none.

saves a lot of time, simplifies record keeping

saves huge amount of time

Pros

Automatic transcription, tracking usage of material and equipment. Automatic delivery of report to assignees assures everyone receives the most current information

Cons

Sometimes photos have gotten lost and tech support can't retrieve them. Tech support personel not always available in a timely manner to assist with tech issues

We use NoteVault every day of the week for all 3 work shifts. It is accessible and easy to use, too.

Tracking and photo documentation.

Pros

The thing I like most about NoteVault are it's ease of use and accessibility. I also like how many different people can use it.

Cons

What I like least about the software is the fact that the least desirable aspect of NotVault is that it isn't not easy to use.

Able to work in the office and see what is the filed is doing.

bring the filed to the office staff

Pros

Ease access, crew can go in and snap a photo of site and we can send to our builder if need be, or add to our advertisement.

Cons

when setting up address there was a time delay with the state and zip. Need to block in locations (city / State) reduce time.