Quick Bid

Estimating program for construction professionals

visit website

Quick Bid Reviews

Pros

This software is a good tool to aid in estimating. Lots of useful tools and accurate, with various costs being consolidated in a timely fashion.

The ability to produce estimates much more accurately and quickly has been useful.

PB

Paul B.

Customer service is awesome. After getting the proper training it is easier to use and there are plenty of videos to help if a problem arises.

VM

Vanessa M.

Cons

You only get one license, it is very confusing if there is no training, it is not user friendly, the cost is very high and to maintain the software up to date is costly.

VM

Vanessa M.

Back up service in Australia is poor referring you to a contact in Brisbane which is pretty useless when your in Perth.

SL

Sean L.

Fairly dumb program in that to do a complete build up estimate you Either have to pay another 4K for quick bid or develop a excel spreadsheet and live link the data which is sometime temperamental.

SL

Sean L.

3.6

More powerful tools available

This software is a good tool to aid in estimating. There are more tools than we are really equipped to use.

Pros

Flexible for our needs

Cons

Getting help if something goes wrong requires putting in a help request and waiting for an appointment with a specialist.

I don't usually gush over a program, but when I do it's Quick Bid....

Wonderful. I don't priase software companies very often, or to such an extent, but OCS deserves accolades on this. Let's see if they can keep it up now that they are part of a MUCH larger company (Roper Technologies). I'm a lifer and deep into this program. I've set up 3 different companies that I've worked for. A fully portable database helps a lot...

Pros

Just about everything. Fully functional (maybe TOO functional!) and fully customizable, to a fully trained estimator this program is a pleasure! It allows me to get as granular as I need to, yet it's as easy as pulling a takeoff in OST to get a price if you have your pricing already inputted. Also service! Their service is the BEST! Great techs, great account reps, everyone is always willing and eager to help! Never had an issue they couldn't solve. Also, they are very receptive to new ideas and features and uaully try to incorporate them quickly into the software

Cons

It's getting bloated, and it's beginning to hang up on starts. Too many 'general exception faults' on startup now. I hope they get this fixed, it's time consuming and would think it embarrassing to OCS

Another let down customer

Used the program for a few years It is a good program for doing take offs .mpaid just under $4k for the licence so it is fairly pricey than similar systems on the market. Fairly dumb program in that to do a complete build up estimate you Either have to pay another 4K for quick bid or develop a excel spreadsheet and live link the data which is sometime temperamental . Back up service in Australia is...

Pros

Cons

Cost versus life span disappointing

We apologize for your negative experience. Numerous phone calls and emails regarding the change from dongles to activation codes have been attempted but it appears that the phone number we have on file is no longer in service. Please contact Crystal Barger, Client Services Manager, to update your contact information and to upgrade to your free On-Screen Takeoff version that utilizes activation codes.

It has been difficult to learn, but it is getting easier the more I play with the program.

Our company benefits with putting bids together faster and creating a proposal with the cost and scope of work there.

Pros

It calculates the amount of labor cost, payroll cost and material cost. It also has Units of Measure that comes in handy when working on a bid. I also like that I can create a proposal and send a breakdown of cost for the material for each project or field.

Cons

The codes and sections are the most difficult. I have had to create different codes for the same type of material with different styles because the cost will not adjust to the style. Although there are Units of Measure there is not one for tons. And our company works with tonnage but substitute it with EACH.

Has really speeded up our activities

Pros

Cons

Some team members found it took them a while to adapt

SHAME ON YOU - ON CENTER SOFTWARE

They will leave you hanging if you don't purchase the very expensive support. You must have a windows based computer. Also the have the ability to shut down you software and leave you high and dry. I tried my best to stick with them for over 20 years and remained frustrated the whole time.

Pros

I trained myself and never used any other programs so I cannot compare to others.

Cons

I feel like I was deceived and lied to. They contacted me with a free upgrade and then told me it would not work with my system with the new software. I had to make a report the BBB to get out of the $6000 upgrade cost.

We bought this software for estimating projects. It hasn't been the easiest for our company to use.

Pros

Customer service is awesome! After getting the proper training it is easier to use and there are plenty of videos to help if a problem arises.

It’s alright

Pros

I like that I can create my own codes and cost codes..

Cons

It can be confusing and I can’t create a tonnage cost code.. and that’s the most important one that I need..

not very user friendly

Pros

This software is a good tool to aid in estimating. lots of useful tools and accurate, with various costs being consolidated in a timely fashion

Cons

customer service is not A+. could use some work. not very user friendly. hard to train new trainees.

This reviewer only left a rating