Raken Reviews

Raken

Construction Management Software | Raken App

Raken

Great App

Not only have these daily logs saved our company money from lending legal action (we had photographic eveidence of work completed according to schedule), but some of our vendors have started using Raken for their projects as well.

Pros

We have constructions project all over the state. Raken easily allows remote foreman to update the project management teams with photos, surveys, and daily information as well as an hours worked log.

Cons

As a larger company, we currently have only been able to assign a single administrator to the system. There likely is a way to do this but we haven’t contacted support.

Thanks for your feedback, Jason! Please click ¿Team¿, select the desired team member, then click ¿Projects¿ to change someone¿s role to Account Admin. If you need help, please contact us at [email protected] Thank you!

Raken Accessibility

Pros

Very easy to teach others and ability to basically give the clients and project managers an eyes on the site and consistently be updated on the projects is a huge plus.

Cons

As the person who has access to all of the program, I should be able to translate those powers to the app as well and be able to adjust the options from my phone as well. The phone shouldn't just be for the daily report but for me, Account Admin, to adjust the projects accordingly as well that might be only available on the computer.

Thanks for your feedback, Brian! Although our mobile app has been simplified to make it as easy as possible for superintendents and foremen to create daily reports, we do have plans to also add admin type features including template customization and settings directly on the mobile app. For the meantime, feel free to use our web version or let us know if you need any settings changes, we will be more than happy to help. You can find us at [email protected] Thank you!

Easy and Reliable

It makes it a lot easier for me to keep track of manpower for certified payroll purposes. It is great for allowing others in the office to see the progress of the job on a daily or weekly basis.

Pros

It's a great way to keep track of man power and productivity. Raken is very easy to use and navigate. It keeps track of the weather to go along with the report and time stamps photos which is great for disputes down the road.

Cons

I wish there was a way to do sub categories under a job. I have a big job site with multiple buildings and wish you could set those up under the main instead of just labeling each building in the notes section every time.

Hey Charles, thank you for the review and feedback! We will definitely pass this on to our development and product team for further review.

Raken for GC Use

Pros

Input into the fields is easy and the output report looks great.

Cons

Hard to keep up with inputting subs, and then make them active or inactive. Also, it would be nice for uploading pictures to show the dates similar to the iPhone photo library.

Thanks for the review, Tory! Appreciate your feedback regarding inactivating subs. Typically, the best way to avoid this is to set an end date for their work so their inactivated automatically. If the date ends up being different, the sub can always mark days as ¿no work days¿ to keep the compliance accurate. Either, this is good feedback for us to discuss internally so thank you. Please stay tuned regarding photo management on the app, we¿ve got a feature similar to what you described in our roadmap. If you need any assistance, please reach out to us at [email protected]

Great idea but missing some key features

Pros

Easy to use and take photos for daily construction reports. App works well and didn't crash on me. Unlimited photo storage as well as nice PDF output if needed.

Cons

I really wanted to like this software. Unfortunately it is missing some key features that I needed. You are not able to customize the reports enough for our use. Most importantly you are not able to make some fields required. I need to know YES or NO if a safety walk has been completed that day. The pricing is also way too high for a daily reporting app. Customer Service was very good and they seem to really care but they are missing some basic features.

Thanks for your feedback, Noah! As Raken was built entirely around customer feedback, we really appreciate hearing what would help you with your reporting process. I¿m submitting your request to have a mandatory field inside the survey section. Hopefully that¿s something our team will be able to implement in a future release. If there¿s anything else you would like to see, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] Thanks again!

Streamlined Reporting

The Raken App has streamlined our reporting process. In the past our reporting process included taking photos and field notes. At the end of the day we would have to enter field notes into a word processor, download photos and then merge and convert to a PDF file. The Raken App completes all of these processes automatically and will additonally send the final report to email recipients. Our clients receive a clean, concise report that not only documents our daily observations, but also the progression of the project. In the event that you encounter a problem while using Raken, their customer service is outstanding. I highly recommend the Raken App.

Pros

Cons

The best plan is expensive for a smaller company.

Raymond, thank you for the review and feedback. This is what we love to hear and we appreciate you listing the many ways that Raken helps you do your job.

Saves me time

For the most part I love this app. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Pros

The ease of use. I'm not computer savvy. So this is easy for me to use day to day. Relay information to my boss right away. They can see photos without even coming to the site, especially if there is a change in conditions.

Cons

It will sometimes log ne out for no reason.

Hello Carsandra, thank you for the review and feedback on how you like the Raken app! We are excited to hear how easy it is for you to use and the communication benefit it adds for your team.

Great Daily Reporting and Easy

Experience has been great. Customer service is always really responsive. Owners love the reports

Pros

Super easy to use & explain to others for use. Owners love the Super Daily. Weekly & monthly reports are great ways to keep management involved

Cons

Occasionally email addresses for super dailies get cleaned out and no one gets the reports. which it had some more safety integration or file uploading to use fillable PDFs

Thanks for the review and feedback, Matthew! Please let us know if you ever experience emails getting removed, we have not heard of this issue and would like to help! We will be sure to pass on your feedback regarding safety functionality to our product team. You can contact us at [email protected] Thank you!

Raken Review

Pros

I personally like that it’s available on all my devices and that I get reminders to complete my daily activities.

Cons

The daily and Survey part of the application does not have the option to duplicate your daily activities everyday. As an example rebar placement activities sometimes go on for up to week and it would be great to be able to input that activity once for the remainder of the week.

Thanks for the review and feedback, Richard! We have a great feature in our app that allows you to copy your most recent work logs onto the current report. Once you enter Work Logs, please look for the circle arrow on the top right of the screen. As long as you have not entered any logs for the day, you will be able to copy your most recent logs. This is helpful when you¿re working on the same activities day after day. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions!

Great Daily Reporting Software

I am enjoying using Raken and find it a valuable tool in managing my project.

Pros

I love the easy the auto populating of weather, the ease of documenting your day to day activities, visitors, delays and safety.

Cons

I would like a easier/ more specific sort function for monthly reporting, i.e weather days, man hours per sub etc.

Thanks for your feedback! Not sure if you¿ve seen it, but we offer a monthly summary report that automatically compiles the key stats from your job. If this report doesn¿t incorporate what you need, please email us at [email protected] so we can discuss what would help you with your monthly reporting. Thanks again!

Incredible App

Raken gives you an easy way to keep historical data of jobsites. Keep track of delays, injuries, etc... Great App!

Pros

Easiest App that I've found in order to keep historical data!

Cons

That it does not work offline! We were told that is now capable of offline but it still doesn't work, unless my guys are doing something wrong...

Thanks for reaching out, Chris. Glad to hear that Raken¿s been working well for tracking your data. We do have an offline mode, which you must turn on a bit before you lose signal, so that Raken can cache your data. If you have issues with it, please reach out at [email protected] so we can assist! Thanks again!

Sooo Thankful

On a personal level I have recommended it to my spouses work and friends who also do Construction and how Raken keeps track of daily process

Pros

No more Excel Spreadsheets, the Field Employees have cut their time by over 75 %, and it's in real time. The live updates, seeing those activities make me feel like I am right there. We have multiple jobs in different areas in California and having the opportunity to see who's at the Job-site and what has been done for that day.

Cons

I really don't have a dislike, Raken is super friendly, there are some videos on how to use Raken, but I created my own SOP for my back up and training for any new field employee

Hey Maria, thank you for the review! It's awesome to hear that Raken makes a big impact for you and your team.

Tremendous Help

We were using excel spreadsheets for reporting. Raken is much more user friendly and accurate since the user can do it from their phone/iPad.

Pros

Ease of use. New users pick it up very fast.

Cons

As an admin I cannot change users passwords, I have to email Raken support.

Thanks for your review and feedback, Jason! We will be sure to pass this as a feature request to our Product team. If you need any help in the meanwhile, please contact us at [email protected] Thank you!

Field Superintendent

Pros

I like the fact that as I go throughout the day I can pull up a specific job/project and input about production or problems that arise ...

Cons

It is kind of confusing to figure out how to edit if you’ve already signed Report for that day ...at least for myself .. I’ve gotten it down now though once I figured out what need to do ..

Thank you for the review Rick! We are glad that Raken makes managing multiple projects easier for you. If you ever need support or help figuring out the best way to use the Raken app, don't hesitate to call us at 866-438-0646. We're happy to help with any issues you may have.

Raken Review 10-23-18

Pros

Its great to get updates from my superintendents daily, even if I don't speak to them directly.

Cons

This is probably a setting issue, but I can't add extra comments to the reports while I'm reviewing what the superintendent has written.

Thanks for reaching out to us, Ben! Please contact us at [email protected] It does sound like a settings or permissions issue. We will be more than happy to help!

Good for our use

Pros

It made it easy to capture daily reports for all of our projects. Tracking delays and making sure that every day had been captured.

Cons

Having to purchase multiple licenses to capture all of our projects (Superintendent log ins)

Thanks for the feedback and review, Ashley! We're glad to hear that Raken makes tracking daily information easy even across multiple projects.

Superintendent

Excellent

Pros

Very user friendly. Great support network . Been using Raken for over four years . Wish I could my new firm to use it

Cons

Hoping they will do a software for QC and punch

Thanks for your feedback, Robb! As I¿m sure you¿ve noticed over the past few years, we¿re constantly building new tools to help you with your job. I¿ll let our team know you¿re looking for tools to assist with QC and punch lists. Thanks again!

Use It Everyday To Make My Life Easier

Helps me a lot with my day to day daily logs, making them all in the same location, easy to find and easy to read. Everyone is able to use the software. It is very easy to pick up and go.

Pros

It's super easy to upload photos, even on my slow connection it handles them easily. I LOVE that you can roll-over previous days work load, since most days my subs are doing the same things.

Cons

Too many tabs to click through. It would be better if everything was all in one location.

Thank you for the awesome feedback, we appreciate it!

Documenting and professionalism

Our overall experience with Raken has been great. We have been awarded new projects because the general contractor liked receiving these reports. Also we have been able to demonstrate the work was done when going through a lawsuit.

Pros

Provides documentation for back up, shows your company is profesional, encourages accountability

Cons

Pictures are sometimes misdated, different profiles add up to the price and it can become expensive.

Thank you for your feedback! Please reach out to us at [email protected] and we will be happy to assist you with this.

Great System!

Pros

Great way to keep all our daily reports in one place, and very easy for our foremen to use.

Cons

The new update doesn't let you click on the completed daily reports from the calendar on the desktop. Attachments from the surveys don't go to the overall attachments for the day.

Thanks for your feedback! To access completed dailies from the calendar, please click on the day and then hit ¿view daily¿. As for attachments added to survey questions, please view the section ¿Survey Photos¿ on your PDF. Please let us know if we can help at [email protected] Thank you!

Well worth the money

Pros

The seamless navigation to all the features. Our project managers will use it because it's easy.

Cons

It's not a negative, but it does have some features that we simply do not use. Making it too integrated can make it a little cumbersome for some new users.

Thanks for your review and feedback, April! We appreciate it!

Team Building

We are seeing increased understanding of field related issues our teams are experienecing and implementing ways for our production team to address and improve issues.

Pros

It can be used by all team members at each members level of engagement. Quick and easy as well as longer and more detailed entries.

Cons

Slow team members delay the report being completed and sent, when the report is closed and sent new material can be overlooked.

Thank you for the review and feedback! We are glad that the insights Raken offers help develop your teams and processes.

Customer service was quick to help resolve problem when needed.

Pros

Easy to follow videos to help with use and options that are available. Reduced time filling out reports. Adaptable format to conform reports for different types of jobs.

Cons

Have not found any yet very easy to get started and use.

Thank you for the review, Eric! Happy to hear that the videos are helping out and that reporting is taking less time. If you ever have questions, always feel free to reach out to us at (866)438-0646 or [email protected]

Great software

Raken helps keeps everyone accountable for their progress because they know the owner, as well as everyone involved with the job, will receive a weekly report from us.

Pros

Raken helps provide accountability on the job and let's the customer know what is going on each week. I compile daily reports for myself and every week I email a weekly report detailing what has happened to the owner

Cons

No issues so far that I have found. The app is great.

Thank you for the review and feedback, Richard!

raken review

using raken for pictures/progress/documentation is awesome. Being able to document things in todays construction world is extremely helpful. Raken makes it easy and efficient to do so

Pros

Being able to document anything/everything daily is very useful easy to use for workers being able to do it on phone is very efficient

Cons

no cons, cant think of anything I dislike

James, we are excited to hear that feedback from you! Visual progress documentation is very important and we are glad to see that you enjoy using Raken for that. Thank you for the review.