RedTeam Reviews

4.26/5 (190 reviews)
Pros
  • Everything is in one place.
  • Integration into QBO and the tracking of job costs
  • It works well for job costing for our current needs.
  • Daily reports, ability to get lien releases and send RFI's.
Cons
  • Not always intuitive.
  • If you have slow internet it will take longer to load pages.
  • There are a few areas that could use some improvement regarding invoices.
  • I have nothing negative to say about the Red Team. Its been a wonderful process so far.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Gary Gafford

Great product and company

Reviewed 2017-03-21

We are a small company and were looking for a back office solution to help us manage the growth we were experiencing. We were frustrated with duplicating our effort and the time we wasted tracking insurance expirations, releases, duplicate invoices, etc. Most of the solutions that we found provided features that we didn't need since we use QuickBooks Online for accounting and didn't want a product that included managing that aspect of our business. I happen to come across a link to RedTeam on the QBO site and contacted them for a demonstration. It was very obvious right away that RedTeam was exactly the solution we were looking for. We could not be more pleased with our decision to go with RT. Not only do the product features fit our needs, the service and support we have received has been outstanding. This company puts forth a lot of effort providing the user with tools to get up to speed quickly and their Help Center is the best I have seen. I cannot say enough good things about RedTeam and their product and would definitely recommend it to others searching for this type of solution.

Pros
Integrates with QuickBooks Online and PlanGrid. Manages the development process from estimating to invoicing.

Terry Carrillo

Functionality

Reviewed 2019-06-10

Like stated, I love the program. The best part for me has been the easy way to get around and all of the videos available for additional training.

Pros
I love everything about the Red Team. It's easy, it's thorough, and I believe that it will lead the company to where it needs to be.

DOUG STILES

Close but Not Quite

Reviewed 2019-06-12

Very professional and helpful.

Pros
Software is very aligned with the construction industry and very much aligned with how General Contractors operate and they are working to make it more user friendly for the subcontractors of GC's.

Cons
The options for reports is a little limited when trying to run a report for looking at multiple jobs at one time. Not enough options to create single line reports - Seems like only detail is the only versions produced. They can be exported into Excel but then you have to spend time on each report every month to manipulate the information. They need a way to create a report and save it so that same report can be reproduced weekly, monthly, etc without manipulation.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Lou Ann Showers

REDTEAM Review

Reviewed 2019-06-19

Job costs

Pros
Integration into QBO and the tracking of job costs

Cons
reports - the detail of some reports is lacking. I would like to open and see a complete snapshot of money in/out including vendors and suppliers

Kerri Rossi

RedTeam software is an important part of our business

Reviewed 2017-03-20

RedTeam software has allowed us to have a place to consolidate all of our construction data and also the security to know it is backed up to the cloud. The entire team has embraced this software and can see the status of any project at any time. It has become an important part of our business for everything from bids to accounts payable to budgeting. The support team has also been really top notch. They clearly have a vested interest in their product and care about us being able to use it successfully. This support has been very much appreciated as we integrated this tool into our day to day operations

Pros
It has an easy to understand interface. This has allowed us to go paperless in our accounting process.

Cons
It is a new product that changes with updates. Although the updates are usually for the better it takes a bit of time to acclimate to the changes.

Adam Johnson

RedTeam on a Multi-Family Project

Reviewed 2019-07-01

RedTeam is a good project management tool for residential projects. It is currently being used on a multi-family project and definitely has some pros, as it keeps up with agendas, meeting minutes, submittals, and other project management items. The benefits I've come across using RedTeam is that it documents everything. If on the off chance something is deleted due to user error, their support team is fantastic and pretty responsive. They can usually rectify an issue if given some additional information (i.e. when the error occured, what was deleted, etc.).

Pros
It is cloud based that can be used via web browser or on the mobile application and can be used anywhere with an internet signal.

Cons
The user interface is not fluid and user friendly with regards to daily items (i.e. RFI's, submitting multiple submittals).

Guy DeJohn

Cloud based construction system with user friendly theme.

Reviewed 2017-03-20

We have been using Red Team for the past 5 years, we switched from another company that had more bells and whistles however the learning curve was well over a month for new users. Its critical in our industry that Project Managers can get up to speed and move forward with managing their projects quickly. Red Team is not only a user friendly system , it also has an extremely pro-active support team that are always available. In addition, they have sat with us on numerous occasions and listened to ideas of enhancement and have worked closely with us on implementation. We recommend Red Team to any company trying to get projects managed in a professional manner with minimal learning time and at a reasonable cost.

Andrew Farias

Good tool for a small business with big goals

Reviewed 2019-06-18

We are currently using RedTeam mostly for estimating and preparing proposals. Its given us the ability to centralize our estimating process such as entering inventory items and getting pricing from subs. This has saved us a good amount of time. Looking forward to a couple "

Pros
I like the fact that you can have "inventory items" saved into the system which helps a lot when putting together estimates and not having to go back and forth from word to excel when putting my estimates together anymore. Also helps a lot to be able to see the our subcontractors proposals within the same software.

Cons
It would be nice to have a bit more freedom on customizing our proposal format. I also feel that it is missing the quantities in each estimate line item. One more very helpful thing would be to have the ability to "sign" or insert a signature into the files without having to go through Docusign and in our case turning the file into a PDF signing and then having to email from another platform and not emailing through RedTeam

Della Minden

Reviewed 2017-11-17

Pros
Customer service is great. They are very friendly and want to help. If they don't know the answer they will find it for you. You can get on RedTeam from anywhere you have the internet. All your information is saved in one location. I think RedTeam will be great when it is fully implemented and all the "bugs" are worked out.

Cons
Harder for some to use that are not very knowledgeable on computers. Start up of the software needs to have more one on one help. Videos and Webinars are very helpful but it would be nice to have one customer service rep that gets to know you and your company that can help you through the whole start up and not several different reps that you have to re-explain things to.

Response from RedTeam Software

Thank you for your comments, implementation is indeed a critical aspect to successfully adopt RedTeam. We always strive to improve and appreciate your business!

Luz Adriana Collazos

A great managment software

Reviewed 2019-06-10

Integrate all Project managment and control is been great for the company here. It's easy access for all users and it's great to have it link with que accounting software.

Pros
- Project creation, status, Submitals, RFQ, daily report, all project control in one place. - Link with other software, QBs, ADP. - Easy to navigate. - Subcontractos, Vendors and Contact evaluation integrated.

Cons
It's still missing some equipment features. There is no way to have inventory of materials, all the purchases are when it's cost for the project.

Robert Remsing

My Thoughts

Reviewed 2019-06-20

Excellent customer support. They're focused on providing a great experience. It shows.

Pros
It's very well thought through. Very complete in the picture it can paint. I appreciate the fact it interfaces with GBO rather than creating a stand alone accounting engine. Now, I get the best of what's available with QBO, and RedTeam focuses on what they do best.

Cons
Identification of the various functions. Sometimes it takes a while to find a specific function. The good part, the functionality is there.

Joseph Beatty

Amazing customer service and support, a great time saving and cost tracking tool.

Reviewed 2017-03-27

Having set up several other management software systems, I was used to poor customer service upon signing the contract. Redteam's staff changed that opinion immediately and now two years in, continue to respond in less than 24 hours, have continued to improve their online issues tracking, have great webinars for learning features, and continue to improve every aspect of their product. They were hands on in the implementation, and always followed through to make sure we were pointed in the right direction or using features properly if asked. I'd love to thank all of their staff by name, but that might take too long. Other things I loved were that there has been no staff turn over, which with some of the other vendors I deal with, has been a major issue. Once implemented, and trained your staff will love this product.

Matthew Mossman

Project Management Made Easy

Reviewed 2019-06-10

I have been using RedTeam for over two years and I have seen the progression of the software through the years. The submittal process and RFI process is very clean and can be displayed to clients in an easy to read fashion. The bidding process is super helpful & intuitive and proposals look great using the RedTeam template.

Pros
I like how easy it is to organize the project from the bidding phase, to the construction phase, and to the billing/closeout phase.

Cons
If you have slow internet it will take longer to load pages.

Buzz Jones

Robust capabilities but steep learning curve

Reviewed 2019-06-28

We are still working to get it implemented, it has been a project rich environment with a thick construction schedule, leaving little time to train several of our key people. Just can't pull them off of tight schedules for now.

Pros
I liked the large feature set and the cloud based model of the product. Red Team is also fairly responsive to help requests, more so than most other platforms. The training video library is very helpful, one of the most comprehensive on the market. There is quite a lot of value for the price.

Cons
The biggest negative is the learning curve issue. There are many modules and many settings. When a user first lands in the software it's like parachuting into a jungle. The modules can be glitchy at times, requiring a tweak by a coder. There are many hours of tutorial videos and that is the saving grace of the platform, however, in a busy construction environment, it is difficult to find time to train, even with the videos. Even with negatives, I have not seen a better alternative.

Mary DeGuzman

Best software

Reviewed 2019-06-10

Pros
RedTeam really is thought out for the construction industry. Everything you need to know about your project is at your fingertips any time you want it. It tracks everything for you. You don't have your project information spread out in different folders or servers. Very user friendly. I've been using RedTeam for 9 years and can't imagine not having it.

Cons
There are a few areas that could use some improvement regarding invoices.

Gina Bowers

Program does Everything

Reviewed 2016-12-15

Although I don't use all of the available features, what I do use is good. Because of constantly updating features, when I go back into a component I don't use that often, it takes some time to figure it out. I enjoy the weekly webinars and their availability in the Help feature.

Pros
Everything is in one place.

Cons
Scrolling down on two side bars to see everything I may need. The time it takes to set up our own documents in the configuration menu. RedTeam's numbering of our projects. I want to be able to put them in my own order.

Charlene Cade

Outstanding Customer Services

Reviewed 2019-06-10

We've been able to become a better company/organization with REDTEAM through the portal that allows us to consistently view our projects progress.

Pros
The customer service team is outstanding. Its instant and always accurate to the requests our firm has for them. The ease of the product is great and it has really helped us stand out among "small" contractors giving us the appearance of a larger GC in our proposals that we write.

Cons
The least thing is that compatibility with our accounting software; however I have been told that is on the schedule to be reviewed and more than likely will become a reality.

Eileen Patten

RedTeam Review

Reviewed 2019-07-09

Customer service is great! I utilitze the 'Chat with RedTeam' option when I have a question or need a problem resolved quickely. The RedTeam group is willing to assist at anytime and are great to work with!

Pros
RedTeam software links with QuickBooks Online. The men in the field can enter their time from their cell phones into their timesheets.

Cons
Sometimes our entries made into RedTeam does not sync/link to QBO. We feel like we have to double-check our records constantly because we are afraid that our QBO will be missing information that did not transfer from RT.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

John Restrepo

Best Project Management Software

Reviewed 2019-06-10

Financial forecasting and risk management are the two most important task a project manager should keep under control, Redteam does a great job offering the tools to keep track and report at all levels.

Pros
Both financial and operational tools are combined for quick access to review, update and report project status.

Cons
Speed and intuitivity. Some applications can be more intuitive/friendly for the new user.

Kent Koch

Reviewed 2019-06-11

Pros
It works well for job costing for our current needs.

Cons
When I first started using Red Team I was able to call in and talk to customer support. That has changed and now I have to submit via online customer support. I currently have an issue and it hasn't been resolved in a week's time. Customer service responses are via email so the personal contact has been removed. I had another issue several months ago that was not resolved and just forgotten on Red Teams part. I will look for new software prior to my next renewal date.

Jim Achurch

Vanstar (Vantage)Construction Comments

Reviewed 2019-07-02

Overall good. Issues above still need to be resolved.

Pros
Prepared by construction experienced people. Good features. Good support

Cons
getting quotes from vendors did not work properly. Erin in our office had to request multiple times for help. Not sure all issues are resolved. Please call her. Also has scheduling program now updated from our comments a year ago? Than ks. Jim

Penny Seater

Habitat for Humanity Loves Red Team!

Reviewed 2017-03-20

We appreciate the in-kind donation to utilize your software. It allows us to keep a careful watch on our budget, collect our subcontractor's credentials and overall streamline the construction paperwork! Having the use of Red Team has helped our housing ministry build capacity so we can serve more families with affordable housing. Thank YOU!

Pros
Daily reports, ability to get lien releases and send RFI's.

Cons
Not always intuitive.

Evan Schinkel

RedTeam Exceptional!

Reviewed 2018-06-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Give RedTeam some serious thought as they will be the next up and coming software to compete against the big software companies.

Pros
Always developing improvements to the software. The customer service is exceptional and always respond quickly. The platform has a lot of functionalities that really start to benefit the users once you spend some time working in RedTeam. I would highly recommend RedTeam to General Contractors such as my self.

Cons
To be honest there was no major drawbacks for me. The only thing would be the estimating tab takes a couple seconds longer to load but it might just be my setup. I simply use excel and dump the estimate into RedTeam very easily

Robyn Boback

Awesome Tool

Reviewed 2019-06-11

Overall, I have enjoyed learning and using the RedTeam system. The on-line user help portal is extremely helpful. I reached out to them constantly in the beginning of our learning journey and they always help with a great attitude.

Pros
I love the single point of entry method. I also like that the entire team can use the software to make their duties and input transparent to the rest of the company via the dash board.

Cons
Sometimes the browser runs slow which is probably due to my computer so no real dislikes for the software.

Scott Millard

red team review

Reviewed 2019-06-19

I've found the system to be fairly user friendly with a few exceptions noted above.

Pros
I like the simple format and layout of the budget sheets once completed with a job set up.

Cons
when I login I'm always given the "incorrect or unknown name/password" notice to which I always just re-click and then it logs me in. This is fairly minor but a little bit of an annoyance. If you could have save or memory of based on previous use to help streamline the process that would be nice. Finally, when things need to be changed such as pay rates and descriptions of services for miscellaneous items it would be nice if that were a little simpler to adjust, especially since we often deal with different pay rates.