All categories

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate Reviews

5 year Sage User

Pros

Vendor is very responsive and customer service is knowledgeable. Also several methods available to look for answer to your questions.

Cons

Hard to figure out how to write reports to meet our business needs. Or report can't pull all the information together in one spot. Took report write courses but still had to contract with outside business intelligence service to pay them to write our custom reports and information "digestion". Also the fact that you cannot access information older than a few years is a huge drawback to a company like ours that develops land projects over 10 or 15 years. And finally I have had a lot of trouble trying to do a live a chat or even get into some of the customer service portals so there is something in Sage there that does not "talk" to our servers.

Good Program

Pros

Ease of tracking multiple jobs, certified payroll reporting.

Cons

Unable to 'drill down' when investigating why items were charged to a specific general ledger account. Payroll module is very limiting in the information that can be stored in it. Also, Sage does not intigrate easily with non-Sage products.

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping drive your continued success in construction and real estate.

Easy enough

Overall it's an easy product to pick up on. There can be a learning curve for some seasoned workers, but the software's ability to hold so much information is amazing.

Pros

This product was easy to pick up during a transition throughout the company. This is important when trying to teach an old dog new tricks.

Cons

I don't like the cap amount of users that can be in a module at once. Of course the admin can simply add more users, but it can be annoying when you want to get into something and you can't because the user number is at its cap.

Account Receivable usage

Pros

The pros I liked most about this software is that is was extremely user-friendly. It helped in the accounting world for the company i worked for at the time. Such as sending invoices, processing payments, and running statements.

Cons

From what I can remember is that there could of been several other options to help us in the AR/AP side of things. Certain reports were hard to run etc.

Powerful Software for Construction Companies

Pros

The software can pretty much handle any situation you can think of with construction accounting from certified payrolls to joint checks and lien releases. Tax updates are done timely for payroll. We also use contract billings with AIA documents.

Cons

reports are NOT user-friendly - most of the time, we must use conditions and/or ranges to get what we need - we have tried several times to get our PM's to run their own reports but they are too complicated. I bought the Report Writer - but again, not easy to use and I simply don't have time to set up new reports and teach others how to use them. Also it waste ALOT of paper - the whole report-writing functions just need to be updated - in every single module.

Liles Construction Review of Sage 300

Sage 300 aka Timberline is a very robust construction accounting software that can be configured to accommodate almost any type of construction related business. By utilizing 3rd party interfaces we are able glean critical cost management data from Sage that is used to create in-depth cost forecast and profitability reports.

Pros

Very robust . Can be configured to accommodate, pretty much, any type of construction accounting scenario .

Cons

Interface is dated. Very little change to interactive features or appearance in over 20 years. Requires extensive and in depth knowledge to initially configure and considerable user training to effectively operate and maintain.

Great product but needs some more evident enhancments

Overall I think Sage 300 is the best software in the JC accounting area that there is.

Pros

most of the time it is very self evident about how to get around the software and how to use. The menus are easy to follow and the support from the consultants, TUG and Sage is very helpful to the user.

Cons

Need so have some better enhancements to AR ( Zero Deposits) some things that are so easy in other software programs seem so hard to complete in Sage 300

Sage 300 Review

I've used this software for the past 5 years, I think it's very easy to use and very easy to understand. It's a very simple software to use, it is self explanatory when it comes to inputting data and what to input, as well as where to input.

Pros

Very easy to follow! Easy and quick to use. Self explanatory links and icons. Functionality is great! I've never had any issues with it.

Cons

You have to be looking for the information you want, you wont be able to just come across the information you need.

Bookkeeper, office manager

Pros

User friendly for new employees. Has all modules you will need for construction software. Really liked it at first.

Cons

Customer service is lacking. You pay a lot of money for something you end up looking up yourself or they look it up and read to you and could do that yourself. Having used the product I usually know more than they do on specifics. It is very frustrating. The training online is very old fashion needs to be updated.

Window based software with specialized applications

Pros

I like how the applications/modules are separate allowing for more detailed information within yet they communicate with one another. It allows to customize beyond belief from which modules post to one another (or simply tracking entries) to custom descriptions/fields. I like how the security features allow for you to grant an individual tasks or simply only reports/inquiries. I also love the built in report designer.

Cons

Often with upgrades there are features that were capable in the past but aren't available in the future. Also, some data is striped from application to application causing problems when trying to customize reports.

Five Star Program

Great. It is remarkable product for the money.

Pros

This program is amazing! 99% of the time it has just what I need. If there is a report that I need, but not there, the staff is great. They make sure I get what I need.

Cons

I can't think of anything. It has been all inclusive.

Mediocre construction software

This is not a program that is easy to learn or catch on. If you are not familiar with construction software, don't anticipate figuring out all out the right away.

Pros

The program has a lot of options and customization features. It is a great feature, but may be a little overwhelming at times.

Cons

The program is very complex and difficult at times. A lot of tasks are very tedious and things like creating a report require a lot of conditioning.

Sage 300 CRE Review

Pros

Really like the integration features and add on products that work really well with Sage 300

Cons

Lack of training for new module purchases. Maintenance fees are becoming unmanageable. Should have training videos available in the price of the annual maintenance fees.

Sage300 User

Great system... you have to have staffing to use all the features. One person may not have enough time in a day to properly use Sage300 for job costing and accounting.

Pros

I like the conditioning of items and how an individual may customize a report. It handles multi-company accounting... very helpful.

Cons

The learning curve is a little steeper and their are some "canned" reports still not available. Requires a fair amount of processing staff.

SAGE 300 CRE - For Serious Job Costing and Estimating

We have had this product since it was called Timberline (1988). It has morphed some over the years, but continues to be a benchmark for Job Costing and Estimating software. The company is innovative and produces a robust suite of software modules that integrate seamlessly and produce business intelligence that is useful, accurate and complete.

Pros

The ability to produce meaningful reports with the data entered

Cons

Slightly challenging to learn all aspects of the modules.

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate Review

This is a great Accounting software for Construction industries. We track all job costs, payroll, AP, AR and contracts with this product.

Pros

This is a great tool for a General Contractor, you can create different types of reports using Crystal reports.

Cons

Many of the data you enter you have to enter twice or more into different modules. Sometimes you may wait a very long time for Customer Service.

I have been using this product for over 20 years.

Pros

Assembly takeoffs and easy user modified databases. Easy to train new users and keep all users using the same format. Pricing updates are simple through the database inks. Easy to modify or add new items to the database, or create one time items for oddball things that are not common.

Cons

Merging estimates I lose my main estimate cover page data. Would like to be able to specify which to keep.

My experience with Sage 300 has been decent.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is the wide variety of reports and information you can access. It allows you to monitor costs on projects in several different ways.

Cons

What I like least about this software is how the user interface is setup. I feel it could be more user friendly and easier to navigate. It needs a good amount of practice and training to quickly use the full potential of the software.

Sage CRE Review

I really enjoy using Sage. Was an admin for 8 years and was excited when current Co migrated.

Pros

Integration with other modules- job costing- thorough accounting principles

Cons

Lack of certain canned reports or ability to easily obtain certain reports.

Powerful Software for Construction Accounting

After learning the product, I'm not sure I will ever choose a different accounting, PM system for my company.

Pros

Many features for construction companies big and small. There are a lot of different options for this program including accounting, project management, payroll, estimating, etc.

Cons

User interface is tedious and difficult until you learn it well. It is an expensive program to purchase but saves money in the long run.

Review of Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

Our company has been using Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate since 2000. We like that the different applications work so well together and cover the needs of our business for Job Cost, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Payroll, Inventory, Purchasing, Billing and Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger. There are other applications such as Estimating, Equipment, Contracts, Document Management,...

Pros

We really like Report Designer which allows us to modify the "canned reports" or create our own reports in a format we'd like to see.

Cons

It's expensive to purchase, but over the long run, it's been worth it. Not crazy about Desktop.

Overall this is a good software product. Just needs a little polishing...

Widely used by many construction companies.

Pros

Gets the job done. Can be customized to handle most tasks. Great ONLINE support. Very stable. Performs all general accounting and payroll functions very well.

Cons

No drill down functions. You can tell that different software groups developed various modules and NEVER went back to make them consistent. GET RID OF NEW STYLE JOB SETUP SCREEN!!!!

Great Software!

I have had a great experience throughout my career and I love that when the database is built, it is so easy to use.

Pros

I like the fact that you can build databases in it, to use for future projects. It really makes the ease of use, better! It also can talk to the accounting side if you have that option.

Cons

I thought building the data base is the hard part, however that is all.

If I had a hammer (or Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate)

Pros

In the Construction industry, we use many tools out in the field to get the job done. Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate is my tool to get the job done in the office. It is just as important to the health of our company as hammers, shovels, backhoes, and dump trucks. Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate is a very pliable software. It allows us to modify, personalize, and actually design an accounting system that works with the idiosyncrasies of our business. Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate does a superb job maintaining detailed transactions and mining that information through Report Designer and Crystal Reports. Sage is the best! Everyone who works there is accessible - from the techie on the support line to the president and CEO of Sage North America.

Cons

The only down side to the software in my mind are the consultants. They have their own agenda, and sometimes that interferes with me getting back up and going. I prefer Sage employees and engineers over consultants any day. I also prefer purchasing the software directly from Sage.

works well for our construction company Project Manager works great for our engineers

Designed for construction companies. We have been using for 10 years

Pros

entering information is user friendly, being able to perform Payroll is house is essential for our employees. General Ledger provides different type of FS/BS.

Cons

report manager requires assistance with consultants. Not easy to change without assistance. Job Cost needs more report options for unit price projects and tracking costs.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.