All categories

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate Reviews

Gets the Job done, but has some issues

From the accounting standpoint, Sage 300 offers everything you would need to get the job done at a basic level from a general contractor's standpoint. However, the adaptability of the software is very poor and there are features that have been locked in which either do not make sense or make reconciling or reviewing your work extremely difficult (more than necessary).

Pros

Has Progress Billing capabilities

Cons

Doesn't have much else

Sage 300CRE Review

We use Sage for our accounting software.

Pros

The Price! It is still license based an relatively inexpensive compared to others.

Cons

The interface isn't user-friendly. The Company hasn't invested in updating the accounting side of the software. They have invested too much into the project management side and ignored the bones of the software.

Sage CRE300 reviw

Pros

Easy to use, excellent software and customer support

Cons

There is not a cloud-based version of this. Not all modules talk to each other so there is some duplication of work

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping drive your continued success in construction and real estate.

Very capable software

Overall this software has given us everything we need.

Pros

It is very versatile. We were able to train ourselves on modules that we never used by using the knowledgebase and user group website so I would say it is fairly user friendly.

Cons

Accounts Receivable reports still need work. You can run 3 different reports and get 3 different answers.

Controller with 3 1/2 yrs exp with this product

Pros

The software is easy to learn and use. Help line is excellent. Calls are answered right away and tech help is very knowledgeable. usually issues are solved in one call. Plenty of add-ons to assist with almost any situation.

Cons

Reporting has been as issue, BUT mostly because I didn't have a report writer and was trying to use canned reports with the exception of a few custom reports that were created before I took over. With either Crystal Reports or Report Writer you can get pretty much anything you need.

Sage Review

Pros

I like how the software is integrated and very user friendly. The reports you can create that are specific to your needs are extremely helpful and useful. when talking to anyone about the software we use, I would definitely recommend anyone in construction to sue Sage Software.

Cons

The support you get when I do have to call into the support center, they refer you to the web support every time. Obviously, it's something I have already done and is why I resorted to calling in. I hate having to call for any type of support because I know more then the support people do. Frustrating! I have worked with Sage/Timberline/Medallion for over 20 years!

OK for industry

It helps us do the accounting for our company.

Pros

The software is fairly good to use and gives very good reporting data to manage a business.

Cons

It is not web-based and can be very finnicky. The PO module is ridiculously bad and has several issues that still need to be fixed. You need to buy many add-ons to make it work the way you want it to.

Have used Sage(Timberline) for 25 years and it has been great.

Pros

The ease of all the modules to use. The interaction of the modules makes costing of jobs and printing financials at month effortless. The customer support for the software is very good.

Cons

Would like to see the software update process streamlined. The process is not terrible but would like it to be simpler.

Lots of function, not user friendly

Pros

Attractive presentation, icons, etc. Not too many updates to make the software confusing, once you learn how to do things, they pretty much stay where they've always been.

Cons

Can be pricey depending on the type of package purchased, number of users or version of software. Not as user-friendly as some other software out there.

I use this daily in my profession

Pros

Very stable environment that is always striving to keep up with technology. The support staff have a vast knowledge of the construction industry and the various accounting needs that go along with that.

Cons

Can be hard to learn at first, but the support and training staff are able to bring users up to speed.

Not the best

Pros

I like that this software interfaces with other software programs like Paperless and Procore.

Cons

The reporting is terrible. Everything costs extra. It is not user friendly. The support is often unhelpful. There are too many behind the scenes settings that make tasks difficult to complete.

Thank you for submitting a product review. Your feedback is invaluable to the continued improvement of products and services from Sage.

Good Construction Software.

It presently provides enough reports for us to analyze our business and our costs.

Pros

Solid programs & periodic updates. Good customer support on basic issues. Support contracts are reasonably priced.

Cons

Needs lots of customization which requires a lot of outside vendor help. This causes the total cost of ownership to be high.

Great accounting software

No. I am very happy with Sage 300

Pros

It is very user friendly. Easy to input invoices and run reports. I've used other software before and I personally recommended Sage for my current company.

Cons

When I make changes to standard reports, my changes disappear when an update in installed and I have to redo the reports.

Overall a solid product

Pros

Lots of configuration options, very customizable to each company's process.

Cons

Some modules don't get any improvements. SM, for example, was a third party product that had some integration coded in, but it really has not gotten any improvements over the years, and it definitely could use them. Even some of the built in functionality really doesn't work as it is written now. DM is another module. We just dropped it, as they are now apparently replacing it with something else, which means it's not going to get any enhancements going forward.

Seamless accounting and reporting. Excellent customer service.

Pros

Ease of use. Excellent customer service. Flexibility with the reporting functionality. Love the ability to download reports to excel to manipulate the data to custom reports needed.

Cons

Bank reconciliation takes quite a few steps to enter bank charges and miscellaneous items to GL, Job Cost module and bank.

Sage 300 V 18.4.1

We spent $35,400 for an update for two seats March 2020. This was prior to me coming back to Templeton after 16 years in July of 2020. This was a waste of money in my opinion. I implemented this system 16 years ago and it's exactly the same other than the overlay to login to all modules at one time. It is nothing but lipstick on a pig and the worst software I have used in recent history.

Pros

Some of the financials with rolling numbers and the ability to use intercompany functions. There really isn't much I like about it though.

Cons

It's very slow and antiquated. Using modules is very old school and not being able to drill down from one module to another. The pervasive database is horrible and we need to restart the server at least once a week.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Sage products and services. We strive to deliver the best experience possible for Sage customers. We would welcome the opportunity to connect with you to better understand how we can exceed your expectations in the future.

Sage for Construction

Pros

Software is very integrated. Specifically designed for construction industry.

Cons

Service management integration has issues. Does not always work well

the useful item ever at my life

this is very good app and anyone who want to try this app,you must try it beacuse it so helful and very useful in my life...

Pros

i like most about this product is like super easy upgrade from entry level like accounting applications...I don't know this product but when i try it,it's so very nice and very helpful at my life and i share it to my friend and he tells me it's so very useful....And he thank's me for saying this application....

Cons

i like least about this product is nothing...did anyone knows why beacause i don't have bad experience at this app...And my friends that i tell this app and she said ofcourse she have not bad experience at this app beacause this very useful and friendly app...

We use SAGE for everything!

SAGE is for all your needs!

Pros

We use SAGE for everything - accounting purposes, submittals, RFI's, ASI's. Drawing Log, Meeting Minutes. Literally can handle everything!

Cons

It has a tendency to run a little slow, it needs a fast internet network to run properly. It is slow when just using Wi-Fi

Sage products are robust however the learning curve poses a barrier

Too complicated for the average staffer

Pros

Extensive features make the program a powerful tool. The useful reporting features create shareable data

Cons

The program is extremely difficult to use. The training time required to bring staff to a point where they can produce makes it a very expensive tool

Pros

Comprehensive and relatively easy to use.

Cons

Functionality in Project Management could be improved. There are not enough characters in many areas.

If you are a professional contractor, I highly recommend this product.

Pros

I love how easy and on point the setup process was. Also, I was able to figure out how to use it with very little help nor instruction. Was quite simple to navigate it and input information with no problems. Regular updates is also very attractive.

Cons

This application needs more notification in terms of licences. Support is very expensive and can be a bit annoying if you have no prior accounting experience. Great application non the less.

Sage 300

We are using it well along with the Procore integration

Pros

Sage 300 has all the basic functionality required for complete project management of construction projects

Cons

the user interface is dated and difficult to master it could benefit from an upgrade with better ui

Sage

Pros

Sage is so effective and cool and easy to use , i love sage, i have been using it for the past 3 years and i love that i have been learning new things from it Almost weekly

Cons

It updates so often sometimes i cant keep up because im not very techy.

Long time user

Is a good product, but very expensive

Pros

Easy to use, good for job costing in construction

Cons

Very expensive and updates always seem to have a bug in them

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.