Viewpoint Spectrum Logo

JT

Jason T.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Spectrum

Pros

Constantly adding new features and helpful sales team. I appreciate that the development team behind this product is never content to rest on their laurels and continue to innovate

Cons

Customer support can be hit or miss and sometimes the implementation and training can be not very helpful.

SC

Steve C.

From ComputerEase to Spectrum

My primary concerns when looking for a new ERP platform were: 1) Integration with our HCSS and Command-Alkon software 2) Web-based platform that I could access just about anywhere 3) Intuitive for our people so the learning curve would be smaller 4) Better reporting options 5) Robust Job Costing

Pros

We have only been live for a month but so far Spectrum has lived up to its billing. Our people that use it daily have already remarked about how easy it is to use and how much time it is saving.

Cons

So far none other than self inflicted ones. What I mean by this is that our older system was a mess and conversion was made more difficult by that. I would put more time on the front end than you think you will need to make sure you are brining over as clean of data that you can. Additionally, the price was a little misleading at the beginning as the implementation can be anywhere from an additional 50% - 100% of the actual software cost. I think it is worth it 100% but just something to account for in your shopping and comparison process.

SR

Sonya R.

Just my opinion

I am new to Spectrum after using Quickbooks for 30+ years, at first I was overwhelmed as this is such a huge program, but now I am able to use it with pretty much ease.

Pros

Cons

Until you understand where everything is in the program its very confusing.

GB

Gina B.

Fairly Satisfied

If they did not have new problems come up with the updates, there would probably have no faults.

Pros

I like the space in the modules for the details needed. The layout and wording keeps it pretty user friendly.

Cons

Every time they do an update, a new dilemma comes up that needs addressed and fixed.

RC

Rodger C.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 employees

Spectrum Pros & Cons

Reporting while limited is accurate and gives good information and helps to manage business

Pros

Like the fact that the software as designed without errors.

Cons

Disappointed that the focus seems to be on construction users with very little growth regarding development for Specialty Service Contractors

SD

Sara D.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Spectrum works great for our company.

Pros

I like that is is easy to use and most times easy to navigate what you are looking for. Document imaging is a huge plus.

Cons

Unfortunately it is not easy to correct errors when an error occurs. There is a lot of steps to take to correct.

EC

Emily C.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Spectrum

I am newer to the system, it does get the job done but could be a bit more advanced in functionalities from a material flow perspective.

Pros

I like the ease of entering a purchase order and attaching related documents.

Cons

The receiving functionality needs great improvement. It would be great to have an automated system (scanning) for receiving materials.

CC

Christina C.

Martik Brothers

Pros

The ease of use. The different ways to track our job progresses and billing/payables and profit.

Cons

At first we did not have a very positive experience when setting up and being trained, I believe it was the consultant we were given, because since we changed who we contact for help and training it has been 100% positive !

RN

Ricardo N.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Worst decision I've ever made

Pros

Not a single thing, this is the worst decision I've ever made for my business.

Cons

- You get billed by the thousands for support- Cumbersome- Not user friendly- Extremely expensive- This is a software made for a large construction company, not a small one, you need an accountant dedicated to operating it, no one tells you this until it's too late and you're stuck with it.

JE

Jason E.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Very poor reporting features but a nice user interface

This software failed to meet our expectations in many areas after getting an onsite demo. Features we thought would be easy to complete were not as easy as first thought. overall it is a great software package but does help that we have an onsite programmer to be able to assist in reporting.

Pros

User interface is very friendly and easy to navigate. MSSQL backbone allows for easy interaction between programs such as excel and visual studio. The SDX data import feature built into excel is a great feature.

Cons

Built in reports are not all that friendly or usable and the export to excel feature is very poor. Data is almost unusable.

BT

Brenda T.

Most of the Time I love It

Pros

I like that I can access it across many platforms, though it can be tricky from my phone.

Cons

When I am using my phone, the features are less user-friendly.

JH

Joanne H.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Complicated software; too big for its britches

For the amount of money invested; the output and support have been poor. So many things promised it could do, but in the end we need two/three more full time people to keep it fed.

Pros

Nothing we're going back to what we had before

Cons

Product was too big for what we needed; oversold and underdeveloped

AA

Angelica A.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Excellent tool for every office

Pros

It's so easy to use, and very friendly. It helps you to keep record, prepare invoices, and purchase orders as well. It is actually fantastic.

Cons

At the beginning, I thought there were too many steps for a single purchase orders, but I changed my mind. Now I am a regular user, and it is not difficult at all.

LS

Lisbet S.

Spectrum Review

Pros

I like how user-friendly it is to use this program.

Cons

There are some features that are missing such an easier way to track cash flow or any note tracking

le

leea e.

oVERALL OK

Pros

This product is very easy to use and overall is great with reporting. I really enjoy all the different report and filters.

Cons

The customer service and tech support has been quite lacking for some time now. I would love to see some improvements on that area.

CD

Chris D.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

RA Software Review

I have liked everything so far

Pros

Having a one-stop shop for all accounting needs is definitely beneficial

Cons

Not sure. We have been happy with everything so far

Thank you so much for your kind review, Chris!

AL

Aimee L.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Good software - wish it had more reporting options

Pros

data input is very user friendly; I love being able to have multiple screens open in different modules at the same time; good customer support

Cons

wish there were more reporting options available without having to "write your own" in Crystal Reports

EE

Emily E.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Not very user friendly

It works - just not well. Creates more problems than it solves.

Pros

Can handle large quantities of data. There are some options for customization.

Cons

It's not intuitive or user-friendly, and not suited to an agile business environment. For instance, you have to re-title your documents after uploading (why!?).

DR

Denise R.

Construction,

Decent construction software, but could use some work.

Pros

Spectrum did a great job with tracking our union info, as we had a few different unions, all with more than one local. The standard reports were easy to use, although could use a bit of tweaking for saved templates. Payroll was an easy step-by-step process.

Cons

We were only allowed 2 people to be authorized for support calls. We had more licenses than that, and everyone that works on the system should be allowed to call with their own issues. The report writing feature could be much more user-friendly. We had to create our custom reports directly in Crystal Reports, which takes much training. Other software I've used have used Crystal in the background, but with an intuitive, easy writer built into the software. This was a much better software before they moved from an installation to a web-based system.

MF

Marjie F.

Used other for 2+ years

Great Accounting Construction Software

Pros

Great software for analyzing data and trends while still being pretty easy to use. The ability to create custom infolink reports enable you to create virtually report using the data you have in Spectrum that will auto refresh with just one click of a button.

Cons

I wish there was a way to sort the canned Spectrum reports a bit easier. I am quite comfortable using infolink, so it is easy for me to create a quick variation of the Spectrum reports, formatted the way I want it to look. But unless you have knowledge of infolink, there is no way to easily rearrange Spectrum reports to show the data in the way you want it

BC

Bette C.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Love the ability to export out of Spectrum

Pros

The ability to export data out of the tables within Spectrum to manipulate the information is great.

Cons

Determining the tables is sometime a challenge finding the correct one with the information you are looking for,

AH

Alisa H.

Spectrum Training

We are implementing the onboarding software and there were multiple issues. I did find that the training videos online were more helpful than the training sessions with a viewpoint employee

Pros

Easy access. The dashboard is very convenient.

Cons

Getting help. When I put in a ticket, the response time is unacceptable.

Spectrum uses

Pros

The capture of information and the ability to find that information in inquiries rather than running reports

Cons

Customization of reports has to be done thru a different software. Delay in improvements to the software

MW

Melody W.

Utilities, 11-50 employees

New User

I don't have any problems to give at this time.

Pros

I am currently still learning Viewpoint.

Cons

The training with so much information and taking so long to learn the program.

JG

Janet G.

Accounting

Pros

I like that you are able to open up multiple site map tabs and it doesn't interrupt invoice entry or entering a subcontract.

Cons

I least like that I can't adjust a cost code after the invoice entry has been updated.