Viewpoint Spectrum Logo

HC

Holli C.

Used other for 1-2 years

Amazing

I love how easy this software is to use. Having the "help" at the top is so easy to use, because whatever you are in and have questions about it you just click on the help button and it takes you to exactly what you are working on and helps you through it. This has been a huge help with new employees

Pros

Ease of use, can set it up exactly they way you like

TK

Theresa K.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Spectrum has no UNDO function.

Extremely unsatisfied

Pros

I haven't found any pros. I think the software is a terrible product

Cons

It's not at all user friendly, there are twelve spectrum steps to a two step accounting process, and there is not a way to undo a faulty or incorrect entry.

SH

Sara H.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Spectrum Review

Pros

Product is easy to use and integration has been smooth.

Cons

In the short time using Spectrum, I have no cons to report.

DG

Don G.

Equipment and PM Modules

Pros

The ability to create custom reports to fit the needs of your business. They are willing to listen to what you have to say and are willing to make changes to fit your company's needs. Able to accomplish several tasks from within a company.

Cons

A lot of items have drop downs, however when creating a Work Order, you cannot have a drop down list for Mechanics that working on the equipment. Would be nice to have the Mechanics section auto fill if the mechanic is creating a work order. Help link could use a little improvement and better examples/descriptions

GP

Gary P.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are both a custom home builder and commercial developer, and have been using Spectrum (formerly Forefront) since 1987. Over the years, it has worked great for us, despite the fact that we have over 25 companies set up in it. More importantly, the customer support is second to none. We don't have many issues that arise, and when we do they are always resolved by the support team quickly. We are using the most current version, which is 14.07. All of the annual updates to new versions have been installed by Dexter + Chaney without an issue. Installing periodic service packs is quick and easy. They also have an easy to navigate and helpful website. Overall, we've been very happy with the software, and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for new software options.

AB

Amanda B.

Construction, 201-500 employees

User Friendly

Pros

I love that Spectrum is so incredibly user friendly. It's ease of access and adaptability is sensational compared to other systems I've used in the past. THe interface is simple and you can find things so easily when searching.

Cons

When you are in the same function and need to go elsewhere within that function the tab opens as tab(2).

DY

Dori Y.

Design,

Dexter & Chaney Spectrum for Construction

Pros

The product is an extremely well-thought-out and well-developed job costing and project management tool. The software development personnel were knowledgeable and thorough in their assistance.

Cons

Having lead and completed several systems conversions, I was pleased with the product. I don't recommend anyone who has no hands-on conversion experience doing this on their own. It was hard initially to speak to someone who was on the same level as I was, but once I was able to connect to a more experienced developer and customer service rep, it was a smooth and rewarding experience.

CG

Connie G.

Construction, 11-50 employees

The product works well and is easy to use.

Pros

The integration of the product is good. The modules work well together and most functions are easy to find and use.

Cons

The standard reports are not sufficient for our needs. We are going to need to have custom reports written to meet our needs. Obtaining consulting help at year end was tedious.

Frederick P.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Spectrum, not for everyone.

Financial tracking was lacking with our old software. This has all the reporting you could want. Just takes time entering in everything required to get accurate reports.

Pros

A giant leap forward in how it deals with work orders compared to our old software. Support is on the ball.

Cons

The amount of lock outs we get daily seems excessive. When this gets really bad it stops everyone from working. They have limited form control for techs. Had to go with an external software provider to bridge the gap. Expensive.

KG

Karen G.

User Friendly

Pros

It is easy to enter invoices, make payments on them and do research on vendors and accompanying jobs.

Cons

The customer service is very hard to get ahold of. Also, the software is good for small or medium sized companies but not large ones.

SS

Sally S.

This reviewer only left a rating

I really like Spectrum's software. I have used Spectrum now for over a year. I installed, set up, and used another software program for many years prior to this and when I began using Spectrum I was so excited to see they worked out all the limitations that I had been frustrated with previously. It was very easy for me to learn Spectrum. The ease of doing payroll is so great. Entering Change Orders and applying them to the draws can be tricky, but you just have to follow the great instructions they provide and it works beautifully. I love the document scanning abilities. Their help desk is always available and always so helpful. I would recommend Spectrum.

SC

Susan C.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Very Satisfied

Criteria screens when running reports can be overwhelming. Our project managers can get overwhelmed because of all the different options on how to run the reports.

Pros

User friendly! Applicable information for our project managers. Great dashboards and utilities. Very visually appealing.

NM

Nikki M.

This reviewer only left a rating

I have to say, I was really impressed at the ease of use with this product! Before the new version, it was a little difficult to find certain items - not any more! Reports are placed logically, and the customizable dashboard and favorites tab help keep the items I use most just a click away! Switching to the newest version was very easy. There is a tab that directs you to a Help page, in case you have questions! I would say the only constructive criticism I would have would be the customer support. Without being one of the selected people in the office, it is sometimes difficult to ask a question to the customer service representatives.

CW

Caleb W.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Review 1

Overall it has been great to work with.

Pros

I like how easy PO's are to type. They are easy to pick up.

Cons

I will get kicked out of PO typing or time entry often.

Thank you so much for your kind review!

TD

Tommi D.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing,

Project coordinator - daily use of this software

Pros

I like the fact that I can have many windows open at the same time. I do not work with the vendor; we only have 2 people in the office that do, and I am not one of them. however, when I have a problem and bring it to the person who does talk to them, the problem is usually fixed within a few minutes.

Cons

I would like to be able to make the screen larger without losing some of the images. I would like to be able to hit the return button (or back arrow) and get right back to where I was.

LM

Leah M.

Top of the line construction software

Pros

This is great software for the construction industry. I was very impressed. I have researched and used many accounting software. This has the functionality of much more expensive software at a lesser price. This is a software for large to mid size companies that wish to keep accurate monthly accounting records. Standard cheaper accounting software doesn't offer the same functionality.

Cons

There are no time tracking abilities. The construction company I was working for needed time tracking with GPS functions. We could use T-sheets for this but to my knowledge this doesn't integrate with Spectrum.

RM

Rochelle M.

Spectrum Software review

I recently started my position with a contracting engineering company, so I have not been using the software for very long. However during my 5 months of employment so far, I have experienced no issues. I've been very satistified with all aspects of Spectrum that I have been exposed to thus far. I have no complaints.

MJ

Mari Jo B.

Construction,

It is a good product which makes our company function at a high rate

Pros

We have used this software for over ten years. It's very user friendly with lots of features that are beneficial to running our company, like payroll, financial reports, billing, purchasing, and accounts payable. I mostly use the purchase order feature, which gathers the information that we need for our accounts payable department to use to match up to invoices.

Cons

It seems that sometimes you have to press a lot of buttons to get to the screen that you need.

TS

Tom S.

Happy with our decision.

Pros

We appreciate how responsive their help desk has been during our implementation. The software is user-friendly, and they're continuing to improve their systems.

Cons

Their documentation has not kept pace with the software improvements. Available documentation is largely for the last version and not all of the online help is up-to-date. At times it refers to an outdated manual that we need to request. This is a very minor issue within a dynamic system meant to tailor to your operations.

LT

Leah T.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing,

Spectrum for Electrical Contractor

Pros

The product is pretty straightforward. The modules are named appropriately, and individual processes within the modules are relatively easy to find. The layout is easy to read. Generally, it is easy to maneuver through the program and each process as needed.

Cons

It is not very versatile or flexible. It seems to have trouble expanding to manage an increasingly larger customer/project base. As our company has expanded, the system has struggled to keep up.

AO

Andrea O.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Viewpoint Spectrum Review

Pros

Payroll is super easy to run through Spectrum. I also like the ease of pulling reports.

Cons

Customer Service is not always very helpful.

CW

Carly W.

Newbie to Spectrum

Pros

From what I have access to in Spectrum, it's pretty easy to navigate and find my way around the site. I am new to the company, so I got a small crash course in the beginning, but other than that, I have been able to find my way around.

Cons

I feel like I'm doing a lot of my scanning twice. It takes a while to load. I also find myself wishing there was a way to save without opening up tabs and dragging. Like a quick save I guess you could call it?

MH

Marybeth H.

This reviewer only left a rating

Once you understand how Spectrum works, it is fairly easy to move around the screens and populate where required. When I build crystal reports, I am able to link data quickly using Spectrums database. I am able to alter existing reports without much difficulty. I do wish some reports had more detail. I also wish the purchase order module would link directly within the work order data entry screen, not just the purchase order tab within the work order. Overall it's a user friendly software that is easily leaned.

MQ

Meghan Q.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Great!

Pros

It’s easy to use and anyone can learn. Would recommend.

Cons

Sometimes the web browser doesn’t load quickly

DW

Derek W.

This reviewer only left a rating

Honestly, I haven't previously had the opportunity to use this kind of software, so I can't compare it to anything else. It is a good, comprehensive package, with modules to do most anything you need. The real prize is the customer support. I've never called and not had my issue resolved, and pretty quickly. I also really like that I can use Crystal Reports to both modify the included reports to suit my needs, but can also make new reports from scratch by querying the Spectrum tables (same with Excel).