Viewpoint Spectrum Reviews - Page 7

A Step Above

Pros

The ability to get exactly what I need out of the data without having to print multiple different reports and compare them manually.

Cons

It takes a bit of education and a lot of practice to get where you need to be without going thru each menu the long way.

Efficient software program

We incorporated many different processes and procedures into one program. We are now a paperless office!

Pros

Ease of navigation through the software.

Cons

Would like to see more customizable reports.

Account payable

Pros

Being able to get approvals and attach invoices

Cons

It's difficult to navigate. And invoice reversal is a mess

Newbie to Spectrum

Pros

From what I have access to in Spectrum, it's pretty easy to navigate and find my way around the site. I am new to the company, so I got a small crash course in the beginning, but other than that, I have been able to find my way around.

Cons

I feel like I'm doing a lot of my scanning twice. It takes a while to load. I also find myself wishing there was a way to save without opening up tabs and dragging. Like a quick save I guess you could call it?

Good software by be prepared to bend over

The program is GREAT. If you have tons of cash that needs to be spent because you need the write-offs, you can't go wrong with Spectrum! The rest of you need to make sure you are prepared to spend money in your first couple years!!!!!

Pros

Funny functional program that has the potential to be the last accounting platform you ever have to purchase. VERY powerful

Cons

These guys are VERY misleading about the total cost of ownership. VERY expensive program. VERY expense maintenance agreement that is required. VERY expensive implementation. VERY expensive professional services. Every little thing you need to do to get this program setup for your business is going to cost you THOUSANDS of dollars.

Top of the line construction software

Pros

This is great software for the construction industry. I was very impressed. I have researched and used many accounting software. This has the functionality of much more expensive software at a lesser price. This is a software for large to mid size companies that wish to keep accurate monthly accounting records. Standard cheaper accounting software doesn't offer the same functionality.

Cons

There are no time tracking abilities. The construction company I was working for needed time tracking with GPS functions. We could use T-sheets for this but to my knowledge this doesn't integrate with Spectrum.

Complicated software; too big for its britches

For the amount of money invested; the output and support have been poor. So many things promised it could do, but in the end we need two/three more full time people to keep it fed.

Pros

Nothing we're going back to what we had before

Cons

Product was too big for what we needed; oversold and underdeveloped

Excellent software for the construction industry

Pros

I like the powerful reporting capabilities, and the all-in-one use of the Spectrum. We are able to do AP, AR, GL management, job costing, billing, etc, all within the system. It is also easy to drill down into the menus.

Cons

Spectrum can be a little quirky with the dates, and sometimes if feels like there are too many ways to get the same information, it can be a little overwhelming.

Great Program

Pros

Spectrum makes gathering and analyzing data across the board both realistic and simple! It's a great way to improve access and communication throughout members of the office that may not always get the opportunity to see each other face to face.

Cons

The time spent waiting for reports to load can be cumbersome. Although, it is always worth the wait once we get what we are looking for!

Quick, web-based platform.

Pros

Most areas of the program is speedy in retrieving data compared to many other systems that are not web-based.

Cons

The integration options are limited in some cases and seems like some add-on modules are redundant or should be combined.

It is a good product which makes our company function at a high rate

Pros

We have used this software for over ten years. It's very user friendly with lots of features that are beneficial to running our company, like payroll, financial reports, billing, purchasing, and accounts payable. I mostly use the purchase order feature, which gathers the information that we need for our accounts payable department to use to match up to invoices.

Cons

It seems that sometimes you have to press a lot of buttons to get to the screen that you need.

Equipment and PM Modules

Pros

The ability to create custom reports to fit the needs of your business. They are willing to listen to what you have to say and are willing to make changes to fit your company's needs. Able to accomplish several tasks from within a company.

Cons

A lot of items have drop downs, however when creating a Work Order, you cannot have a drop down list for Mechanics that working on the equipment. Would be nice to have the Mechanics section auto fill if the mechanic is creating a work order. Help link could use a little improvement and better examples/descriptions

This reviewer only left a rating

We are both a custom home builder and commercial developer, and have been using Spectrum (formerly Forefront) since 1987. Over the years, it has worked great for us, despite the fact that we have over 25 companies set up in it. More importantly, the customer support is second to none. We don't have many issues that arise, and when we do they are always resolved by the support team quickly. We are using the most current version, which is 14.07. All of the annual updates to new versions have been installed by Dexter + Chaney without an issue. Installing periodic service packs is quick and easy. They also have an easy to navigate and helpful website. Overall, we've been very happy with the software, and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for new software options.

Cons

Project coordinator - daily use of this software

Pros

I like the fact that I can have many windows open at the same time. I do not work with the vendor; we only have 2 people in the office that do, and I am not one of them. however, when I have a problem and bring it to the person who does talk to them, the problem is usually fixed within a few minutes.

Cons

I would like to be able to make the screen larger without losing some of the images. I would like to be able to hit the return button (or back arrow) and get right back to where I was.

User Friendly

Pros

I love that Spectrum is so incredibly user friendly. It's ease of access and adaptability is sensational compared to other systems I've used in the past. THe interface is simple and you can find things so easily when searching.

Cons

When you are in the same function and need to go elsewhere within that function the tab opens as tab(2).

The product works well and is easy to use.

Pros

The integration of the product is good. The modules work well together and most functions are easy to find and use.

Cons

The standard reports are not sufficient for our needs. We are going to need to have custom reports written to meet our needs. Obtaining consulting help at year end was tedious.

Dexter & Chaney Spectrum Review

Pros

The fact that we can use the system to manage multiple companies. Having a dashboard that gives a summary of cash flow and invoicing. I like that once you buy a product from Dexter Chaney, you always get the updates for free.

Cons

At first, there was a steep learning curve. I don't like that it's complicated to create your own custom reports if you don't know how to use SQL.

Spectrum, not for everyone.

Financial tracking was lacking with our old software. This has all the reporting you could want. Just takes time entering in everything required to get accurate reports.

Pros

A giant leap forward in how it deals with work orders compared to our old software. Support is on the ball.

Cons

The amount of lock outs we get daily seems excessive. When this gets really bad it stops everyone from working. They have limited form control for techs. Had to go with an external software provider to bridge the gap. Expensive.

User Friendly

Pros

It is easy to enter invoices, make payments on them and do research on vendors and accompanying jobs.

Cons

The customer service is very hard to get ahold of. Also, the software is good for small or medium sized companies but not large ones.

This reviewer only left a rating

I really like Spectrum's software. I have used Spectrum now for over a year. I installed, set up, and used another software program for many years prior to this and when I began using Spectrum I was so excited to see they worked out all the limitations that I had been frustrated with previously. It was very easy for me to learn Spectrum. The ease of doing payroll is so great. Entering Change Orders and applying them to the draws can be tricky, but you just have to follow the great instructions they provide and it works beautifully. I love the document scanning abilities. Their help desk is always available and always so helpful. I would recommend Spectrum.

Very Satisfied

Criteria screens when running reports can be overwhelming. Our project managers can get overwhelmed because of all the different options on how to run the reports.

Pros

User friendly! Applicable information for our project managers. Great dashboards and utilities. Very visually appealing.

This reviewer only left a rating

I have to say, I was really impressed at the ease of use with this product! Before the new version, it was a little difficult to find certain items - not any more! Reports are placed logically, and the customizable dashboard and favorites tab help keep the items I use most just a click away! Switching to the newest version was very easy. There is a tab that directs you to a Help page, in case you have questions! I would say the only constructive criticism I would have would be the customer support. Without being one of the selected people in the office, it is sometimes difficult to ask a question to the customer service representatives.

Mostly good.

Pros

The integration of images and accounts payable invoices is fantastic. It's really easy to navigate the software and use it to work. The learning curve is also fairly easy.

Cons

Sometimes, when there are software bugs and Canada-specific issues, the vendor takes an awfully long time to resolve them. However, on the whole, they respond in a relatively timely fashion.

A powerful product for multiple company use

Pros

I like that the product is able to be used online, so I can access my data anywhere. As a company, Dexter + Chaney is very professional and responds to consumer feedback.

Cons

I don't like that the dashboard doesn't read from multiple companies at once. I don't like that it's very expensive to add on extra components.

Spectrum Software review

I recently started my position with a contracting engineering company, so I have not been using the software for very long. However during my 5 months of employment so far, I have experienced no issues. I've been very satistified with all aspects of Spectrum that I have been exposed to thus far. I have no complaints.