Viewpoint Spectrum Reviews - Page 8

Spectrum for Aggregate

Pros

User-friendly. Easy to learn and has many features. Customer Service is quick and easy to get a hold of to resolve any issues and to help with any questions.

Cons

There are too many windows to get to where you want to be. But there is the favorites option, which helps reduce the amount of windows you need to open.

Spectrum Upgrade

Pros

The product is pretty straightforward once you learn it. You can access the same item from several different locations.

Cons

Sometimes, you get locked out of functions if they have already been executed. You are unable to see attached images very well without enlarging your entire box.

This reviewer only left a rating

I've used several accounting software programs since 1986 and studied software design - authoring code for various applications. The Spectrum product has a number of design problems and lack of features for HR and PR functions. There are many glitches necessitating "work arounds" and a number of reports or reporting options are missing from the selection. The ability to correct within a payroll...

Cons

Great product and helpful service

Pros

The software is easy to use, and if I ever have any issues, I am able to get a person on the phone quickly.

Cons

In version 14.2, it can sometimes feel cumbersome to navigate through the software.

Accounting

Pros

I like being able to scan copies of invoices into the system and the approval processes, as well as being able to search account numbers by name.

Cons

I don't like the limitations of posting in A/R. Costs cannot be deducted from sales entries, causing time-consuming extra entries. We're not able to get an account balance at a specific date.

Payroll Specialist

Pros

There is so much this program can do; most any employer can make this program fit their unique circumstances and get the kinds of reports and data they need.

Cons

Because there is so much to this program, the learning curve is pretty high if you have not worked with a computer program this complex.

This reviewer only left a rating

Once you understand how Spectrum works, it is fairly easy to move around the screens and populate where required. When I build crystal reports, I am able to link data quickly using Spectrums database. I am able to alter existing reports without much difficulty. I do wish some reports had more detail. I also wish the purchase order module would link directly within the work order data entry screen, not just the purchase order tab within the work order. Overall it's a user friendly software that is easily leaned.

Great!

Pros

It’s easy to use and anyone can learn. Would recommend.

Cons

Sometimes the web browser doesn’t load quickly

This reviewer only left a rating

Honestly, I haven't previously had the opportunity to use this kind of software, so I can't compare it to anything else. It is a good, comprehensive package, with modules to do most anything you need. The real prize is the customer support. I've never called and not had my issue resolved, and pretty quickly. I also really like that I can use Crystal Reports to both modify the included reports to suit my needs, but can also make new reports from scratch by querying the Spectrum tables (same with Excel).

This reviewer only left a rating

We upgraded to Verison 14 a few months ago, and I was one of the people that really pushed for the upgrade. I have to say the training that came with the upgrade was almost nothing. The Bank Rec module is not ideal; if you try and use the down arrow it skips big groups of checks. If you use the scroll bar at the side, the same thing happens (I don't have time or patience for this). We should be able...

This reviewer only left a rating

The process of switching accounting software has been a long and enduring process. But once you get to learn everything, it gets smoother as you go along. There are good and bad points, as with any new software you start using. But all in all, I think it will be a good move in the long run. We are still learning little bits and pieces as we move along, and each update they do corrects any mistakes or problems that may occur. And they are always on top of improving with any questions we may have.

Dexter Chaney Review

Pros

There are some really good accounting tools. It's able to load quotes, subcontract agreements, and change orders.

Cons

There are too many features missing that are add-ons for more money, leaving the program incomplete. It's not very user friendly, and there's no scheduling program for project management.

Spectrum for Electrical Contractor

Pros

The product is pretty straightforward. The modules are named appropriately, and individual processes within the modules are relatively easy to find. The layout is easy to read. Generally, it is easy to maneuver through the program and each process as needed.

Cons

It is not very versatile or flexible. It seems to have trouble expanding to manage an increasingly larger customer/project base. As our company has expanded, the system has struggled to keep up.

Spectrum by Dexter Chaney - Review

There are a lot of features and different uses but it seems to be a software mostly applicable for accounting. As far as a project management tool it lacks some of the major necessities. There is no access for the guys in the field so it has some downfalls there.

Pros

- Lots of features and breakdowns as far as the money side goes.

Cons

- Needs to be more accessible to the guys in the field, that meaning foreman. - Entering names into a project can be difficult at times - The software itself is very slow

This reviewer only left a rating

I started working for my current organization shortly after Spectrum was introduced. As a result, there were a lot of unanswered questions. Dexter + Chaney's customer support line has been very helpful. We even had a representative visit our office to answer all the questions/concerns we had. Although there are still several short-cuts we have not learned, we are constantly finding new ways to make our work a little easier!

Amazing

I love how easy this software is to use. Having the "help" at the top is so easy to use, because whatever you are in and have questions about it you just click on the help button and it takes you to exactly what you are working on and helps you through it. This has been a huge help with new employees

Pros

Ease of use, can set it up exactly they way you like

Cons

The product is perfect for what we do and what our industry does

Pros

Being able to transfer from Spectrum to Excel. Easy to understand and work in all the different aspect of Spectrum.

Cons

Extra information will show up randomly on detail billings, and no one can figure out why.

Spectrum review

Pros

It helps with our job costing, payroll, and purchasing. This allows us to keep all accounting information in one area.

Cons

I wish the payroll came with the payroll tax forms rather than having to print them online.

This reviewer only left a rating

We are a manufacturer and installer who uses Spectrum V14, after converting from V13. The conversion went smoothly. The software is pretty intuitive. You can figure it out on your own fairly quickly, or, look in up on the online manual, or you can quickly speak to someone from the support staff. I have been very pleased with Dexter & Chaney, their product, and support!

Cons

Two years of working with the software so far.

Pros

The product is new technology and cloud-based. It can be accessed from any location.

Cons

Support is slow to make changes to fix obvious problems with the software.

This reviewer only left a rating

Just before Y2K we switched from the IBM System 36 to Forefront. Although not in the Construction business, we have adapted the software system for our use. They have updated the software, making improvements based on user inputs. However, in the last 14 years they have not been able produce a simple job cost report that we developed and used on the System 36 computer.

This reviewer only left a rating

I mainly use the HR function. So far, the one thing I don't like is I am unable to track changes. This is very annoying as I work in the construction industry and we have lay offs yearly. I am unable to track the original hire date. I do like the image uploading. This is easy and an excellent tool. I am still learning all the things Spectrum can do.

Spectrum

Pros

Whenever the field crew is on the job they can 'scan' a document on site

Cons

Toggling back and forth with several modules open.

Easy to use program with great accessibility to invoices and quotes.

Pros

I like the ease of seeing invoices match quotes.

Cons

I don't use the system a lot, so I don't have any complaints at this time. It's user-friendly and helpful for invoice approval.

Accounts Payable

Pros

It's possible to bounce around from section to section and keep your starting place.

Cons

We're not able to email invoices as before and we have to click the box for approvals or direct entry.