STACK Reviews

Construction takeoff & estimating software

STACK

1,047 reviews

Great Program

I have used a lot of estimating software over the years, starting in the 80's when estimating programs were in their infancy. I worked with programers in an effort to develop better, more user friendly software. After using the Stack Estimating package for a while now, I am very pleased with the ease of operation and quality of the results produced. It is very user friendly and has all of the features I need to put together a concise estimate.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Tutorials cover to much info at once, hard to remember all of the information.

Best software for takeoff, web based is the clue

The only thing is too expensive, due to this I will not renew next year

Pros

It’s web based system you can used anywhere

Cons

Easy yo use, i can access from any computer any device

It's about the Features

Pros

I like the ease in learning this. I've trained people in just a few hours and the tutorials are good

Cons

The amount of features in the takeoff section. I would love to be able to do some hatching.

Amazing Take offSoftware

Pros

Easy and organized take off System. Fast uploads

Cons

The Assemblies and items change inside a project every time you update something, losing histories price.

Use Of STACK In Estimating

It's great as you can make it as exact or as 'loose' as needed for your immediate project! The ability to create AND save for future use sub-assemblies is a neat feature to have.

Pros

Sub-Assembly capability

Cons

My inability to adapt as quickly as I felt I should... My fault, not Stack's.

Hi Robert, Thanks for your recent feedback! We love hearing from our customers and can't wait to share your comments with the team at STACK. We look forward to supporting the growth and success goals of HB Welders LLC - now and in the future. Happy New Year!

Stack

Stack has helped me to get a more accurate takeoff.

Pros

I liked the customizableness of the software and the support.

Cons

I don't like that it is completely cloud based.

Makes estimating much easier

Makes it easy to figure square footages and volume for any kind of layout. Angles and jogs are not an issue. I have called customer service and solved questions I had quickly. Training offered to familiarize new users with the software.

Pros

The program allows you to figure a majority of your materials for a job. There are plenty of assemblies and items you can use to calculate your numbers. It also give you the option to customize your own assemblies and add items that you require.

Cons

Nothing so far. All questions that I have had were answered.

Great estimating program for drywall takeoffs.

Not sure how to answer this question.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. I also like that you could be in the middle of a takeoff, get up and leave and it saves everything you've done to that point, you never have to worry about saving and closing out the program. I also like the report options and how they break down how the takeoff was done.

Cons

Great Takeoffs every day!

Pros

Ease of combining takeoffs with material needed, Scales have been correct after checking and double checking

Cons

As with any program, there is a little bit of a learning curve, also a few calculations that need to be added...please note that suggestions we have made in the past have been added, so this really is a temporary situation for sure.

Where Would I Be Without It?

Out of all the measuring software I demoed, read about, and researched, STACK was by far the best product at a fair price....and their customer service is top notch.

Pros

So easy to use. Great functionality and clear reports. Great price for everything you get....and their customer service is the best.

Cons

The inability to isolate the separate sections by item. If I define an area in a certain color then have to use the same line for another item...the colors overlap making it difficult to discern between the two...or difficult to tell whether I've actually measured it all.

Right product at the right time

Generally, Stack gives me control of drawings for measurement requirements. I have found i will use it to remotely assist the on site team when they cannot measure a required dimension physically. I have also used it to determine specification measurements on equipment in order to design or purchase attachments.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use and intuitive. Being that it is cloud based, i can use it on any platform.

Cons

I would like a little more control over the weight of some of the fonts and lines (dimension lines)

I need to famaliarize myself with some of the features, such as copying measuresments.

It's a huge toime saver!

Pros

I can print out pages with the takeoff to file away for future reviews. The calendar shows me what projects are bidding on what day. I can use the samne page to use for multiply takeoffs, such as, control joints and windows to break out the footage.

Cons

Some features that I don't use often, I can not recall how to do and need to call for assistance. When I call usually I have to wait for someone to return my call, which puts my project on hold until a receive a call back.

Okay at best

If Stack had more functions I believe this could be the #1 estimating software around

Pros

the deepzoom is great, love how you can go to reports click on an item and takes you to that item on the irrigation page it was counted on and the spot where it is

Cons

need more symbols , need to be able to click on an item in take off and continue with that item, need hot keys, need the ability for transparency on colors (on shapes and lines) on the take off tab switching form plan to plan needs to be more responsive it seems you have to click in a certain spot,

High Quality Software with a few quirks to figure out here and there

Pros

Incredible software that can get just about anything done that you need it to for a takeoff. Ultimately will be a good one stop shop from takeoff to proposal.

Cons

Sometimes plans come in faint. Items and Assemblies are an incredible feature, once up and running. But not personalized towards our industry and takes too much time to set up, therefore we haven't used it yet.

The MOST OVERPRICED Estimating Software

It's not a bad program, but I can't help to reiterate that it's not even close to what they value it at. If you're good with computers or software/apps you will master this program within a couple days.

Pros

Simple tools, easy to master, quick setup, live chat support and versatility using the same tools. Cloud Storage is convenient in lieu of physical files.

Cons

Incredibly overpriced for the simplicity of the software. Can't function without internet connection, sometimes this causes it to run very slowly regardless of how good your internet service is.

Great solution for doing takeoffs from anywhere!

Pros

We love the ability to do quick measurements without having to unroll a set of plans. Click...click and done! It's also, a great solution for going completely paperless in the office. No need to order redundant prints for the office.

Cons

Uploading documents is a bit slow. Wish there was an easier way of uploading or a least faster.

Affordable, fully featured software

We like being able to take off more projects faster, and have all of the data in one place. It is also nice that it is closed based so I can work from home if I need to.

Pros

Stack has made our estimating team much more efficient. Measure up what you are doing, and add all of the materials and equipment to the take off and it spits out numbers. Really cool system.

Cons

I wish it had an on snap feature, this would make takeoffs faster and more accurate. Most measuring programs have this feature and it is very useful.

Frustrated with the calendar load times.

Pros

The software does all that we need once we get into a plan and start the takeoff. Several items have been addressed like overlaying area layouts.

Cons

The calendar load times are ridiculous and you have to open it every time you want to search an existing or historical project. Opening the system or searching a job via phone or tablet is useless.

STACK has helped me to significantly streamline and expedite my quick take-offs and full estimates.

Would like to see more STACK Assemblies in the pre-built library, especially in the MEP divisions.

Pros

That it's cloud-based and I can work on my estimates from work, home and remote. Also the simplicity of the take-off itself.

Cons

I would really like to be able to be able to tie my self-created take-off items to industry standard CSI divisions, to provide more organization. As it is, I have to hand-key a CSI division number in the take-off description so that it sorts things the way I need it to export later.

Great Software

I actually started using Stack when it was called Cloud Takeoff. They have made some really great upgrades recently and the price stayed the same which is unheard of. If you are ever in need of Customer Support they are there. Customer Support is back East however they will answer regardless of time on their end....My rep has answered from home at his dinner table!

Pros

If job is awarded you have all counts already.....Stored in Cloud so you can save as many projects as you want.

Cons

Its slow uploading plans depending on size and is slow and stutters on occasion

Good program and getting better!

I'm not sure how long Stack Take Off has been around but when I first tried it out I noticed there were a few features that weren't very intuitive. I submitted a question or two to their support team expecting to have to wait at least 12-24hrs before hearing anything back. I was pleasantly surprised to see a response posted within 30min! I have been using their software for about 4 months now and in that time they have been actively taking customer feedback and making updates to the program that are continually making it easier and easier to use. I have no plans to look anywhere else to address my plan take off needs.

Pros

Great web based customer service Actively updating software to make take off easier and more intuitive Entirely web based so you can access it from virtually any web enabled device

Cons

Could do with fewer phone call check ups, but I'm sure some people appreciate that.

Intuitive Estimating Software

Pros

I like that this program is a cloud based take-off service and is very useful when working at different locations that I can open up working files to pick up right where i left off.

Cons

I only had problems when I uploaded a PDF and the file structure was correct. I received help from their customer service which helped me convert my file to a working file.

Solid Program

Overall I like the program. It is user friendly

Pros

Great program for blueprint takeoffs. Ease of use. Able to zoom in on areas while keeping image clear.

Cons

I would like to see and area minus feature. Example, doing parking lot area with islands. It would be nice to be able to fill in the would area and subtract out the islands.

Definitely a Time Saver

Pros

Once you understand the steps to get to it, take-offs become a breeze. Auto Take-Off is an amazing idea that is sure to be a game changer. Uploading plans is also very simple and intuitive. Overall I would certainly recommend Stack.

Cons

Auto Take-Off has a ways to go. It isn't quite fine tuned enough to accurately count marks with similar shapes or intersecting lines that tend to obscure the mark. As wrinkles get ironed out, as I'm sure they will, it will be stunning.

Instant success

I have used most of the software available and Stack is by far the most economical! Far less in cost than anything I have ever seen in the marketplace.

Pros

Its ease and accessibility. You can access all plans you download anywhere as long as you have internet access. This is a big advantage especially for site visits.

Cons

The lack of layers to determine individual quantities. In some circumstances it may be best to copy a plan page and download it to gain specific information such as phases or individual areas.