VPO

Construction management software delivered in Microsoft 365

VPO Reviews - Page 2

Growing pains

Pros

The charts and graphs give an overall good summary of current and past conditions.

Cons

Hard to navigate and jump back to a previous screen. Making a lot of changes freezes the system.

WSA VPO REview

Everything can be handled in one location and we could set it up like our current file structure.

Pros

That everything can be contained within one area and can be access by many with limits access for others.

Cons

Login options. Currently I am a user via someone elses project and also a user for our projects, so i have two different logins. Also, we have a "owner" that will need separate access to multiple projects (not all) , but they won't have the same table option as we have for our proejcts and they may have separate login per project.

Architect

For what we need ed to use it for it works well.

Pros

I think that it handles the Submittals and RFIs very well. The uploading and attachments for the submittals works well and easily understandable.

Cons

Linking who needs to see the submittals seems to be a bit cumbersome, or at least not readily apparent, particularly if it is someone outside of the team.

4/5

Really good.

Pros

Ease of navigation, speed of uploads, user friendly layout.

Cons

Not able to use special characters in folder titles.

User review

Pros

seems to work fine... not sure what else to say..

Cons

Only Con would be a bit slow some days on updating , when i write a PO or change order

Great tool for construction projects

Pros

All involved in a project can see the progression of the work, where there were problems, questions, etc. It is a very useful tool to use when many different entities are involved in the completion of a project.

Cons

Logging into it without having a "ball in your court" is a little tricky at times.

Great for Connectivity, UI Needs Work

Pros

Easy connectivity across multiple site locations

Cons

A bit cumbersome to use. It's not the most intuitive UI

Pros

Ease of use for team, Excellent e-commerce portal

Cons

The navigation links on top & side confused a bit

VPO review

Pros

VPO gives us information about progress in construction that we did not have earlier. It is easy to use.

Cons

We have come a long way. We still need some information in financial (funded, expanded, committed, balance etc.), change orders so that we can discard JOBS.

The Right-Sized Project Management Software

We use many online project management platforms in our various projects. The VPO interface was intuitive and easy to use, and the support was very helpful.

Pros

The software was easy to use and "right-sized" for the application. Many other project management platforms are enormously complex in order to cover every eventuality or project condition.

Cons

We barely scratched the surface in terms of its functionality, which had more to do with the users and the situation than it did the software itself.

VPO is great--just not on Windows 10

I haven't gone through a project close-out using VPO and I'm curious how all of this documentation will be transmitted to us (the client) for our records.

Pros

It's great to be able to look up all sorts of project documents and not to have to rely on saving attachments from emails. The ball-in-court features are helpful, as are the notifications when something is posted or changes.

Cons

It doesn't work well on Windows 10. Sometimes directories of documents get truncated to just what will fit on a single page, leaving no way to access later documents. Many of the sorting features do not appear to work in Windows 10. Clicking on them doesn't do anything. While many aspects of VPO are intuitive, I did not find editing review comments to be at all obvious. Buttons were not where I expected them to be and someone had to show me where they were so I could add comments.

VPO has potential to

For software that wants to increase efficiency, there are a lot of small bugs that make it the exact opposite. On a grand scale, I can see this being great, however after the first few interactions I was left more frustrated than impressed. After consulting with a few fellow employees, this seems to be the consensus.

Pros

The accessibility of information is very useful. Though I have not been a user for long, I can see how this would enhance efficiency (when the software is working correctly). Ultimately, it should result in a quicker turn around time.

Cons

The program thus far has not been very user friendly. I, myself, have run into various issues after only using the software for approximately a week. The customer service has been great with addressing our needs, even if not immediately. Simple tasks that would usually take only a few minutes end up taking much longer. For example, copying and pasting multiple emails should take seconds, however with VPO we are restricted to adding emails individually. Another task such as moving documents from one folder to the next was an issue, where VPO would only allow me to move the documents to folders nested within the folder I was trying to extract them from.

Summary

Quick support from staff. I am a user not one who picks actual software. My client is one who picked this software for everyone on the design team to use.

Pros

Option to have access on side or top bar. Ability to create PDF's of responses for filing.

Cons

Bit klunky to learn but once that is done goes well.

Constantly Changing

I'm not sure i'm solving any problems with it.

Pros

It's constantly reminding me to update passwords when i skip or forget.

Cons

End user, required to use it - It's constantly changing, lacking change notifications (to anticipate or expect variations with each new visit - just guess what's different). Not being able to control size of columns, etc.

Good for cost

I am generally happy with it and others can easily find and use through simple storage system.

Pros

I like the online organized storage system

Cons

It can sometimes be a little too simple for my needs.

VPO easy to use

Overall. . . . this software was pretty simple to use. May need some online videos teaching users some tips

Pros

Easy to use and simple to navigate once I played with it for a while. Would probably become very simple if I used it more.

Cons

I am just not very computer literate so I get frustrated sometimes with software programs I am unfamiliar with and do not use often enough

Amazing Value for the Features

Pros

The user interface has been the best I've used, both functionality and aesthetically.

Cons

Some menus and items take a lot of digging down and multiple clicks to navigate to.

Weekly user of VPO

Pros

It's pretty user friendly and is still a work in progress.

Cons

Partial to box but I understand why the switch was made.

VPO Feedback

Pros

That everything can be stored in one place and shared with others

Cons

Functionality and navigation aren't intuitive.

VPO Review

Pros

Website worked well when internet connection was not at a premium.

Cons

Inconvenience of having to use it. Would rather send submittals, RFI's, etc in email format.

overall an excellent product

Pros

Its strength is that its very much a focused product on the administration of CM products. we have used other similar products and we prefer VPO.

Cons

Not sure its as ideal for program management (which is why I like it but we have other clients who have chosen other software because they needed a more complicated management tool)

Quick VPO Review - Construction Management

Pros

It's very flexible, and can be modified to your needs. I have briefly used it as a CM, and I feel like the program we have is very good for what we need it for. The support team is great and they work hard to solve the issue.

Cons

I haven't used it enough to have any cons yet.

VPO Works

Nice to have all project documentation available in one spot.

Pros

Having everything on your screen at a glance allows for easy access to all project data when you need it.

Cons

Like all project management software, you have to input / upload everything you do if you want it to work best - this means someone has to input everything.......

New support ticket - very user-friendly and fast

VPO has proved to be a great team with my Project Controls team. We have developed some complicated tools that are now easy for others to use.

Pros

I liked that I could easily figure out the next step without confusion.

Cons

When it recognizes me, it should auto-fill all the data so I don't have to do it again and again.

Partially Compatible

Pros

That it is compatible with SharePoint but not all functionality of sharepoint

Cons

Cannot do some bulk changes - have to don things individually instead of all at once.