Accelevents Reviews

4.84/5 (86 reviews)
Pros
  • ease of use, price
  • Affordability Ease of use Responsiveness
  • Easy to use, intuitive interface with strong features
  • Customer service is great. Rep. and his team respond to any quieries immediately.
Cons
  • Slight lags from time to time. But nothing major.
  • wont send images or image links via sms of auction items
  • I do not have anything bad to say here! Would highly recommend this product!
  • It would be nice to have an option to do a live auction? Not sure if this is possible or not.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
JENNIFER CORBIN

Fantastic!

Reviewed 2019-09-20

This was the first time I had ever set up mobile bidding and I was anxious! Accelevents was everything I could have hoped for. It was easy for staff to use, easy for our bidders, the website created for us looked great, customer service was fast and friendly (and patient - lol), and it was inexpensive. Seriously - very impressive.

Pros
One phrase comes to mind - ease of use. My silent auction was easy to set up, easy to customize, and it was easy for our users to navigate/bid. Seriously - they thought of everything!

Cons
The only difficulty I had was in customizing emails to be sent directly from Accelevents. It was uncharacteristically complicated and difficult compared to everything else within Accelevents. I eventually gave up and sent emails through another platform. I would consider this a tiny problem in an otherwise fantastic platform.

Response from Accelevents

Hi Jennifer, thank you for the feedback! We are excited to hear that you had such as positive experience. Regarding the email sending tool, we are actually in the process of rebuilding that entire tool!

Jackie Larson

Great Product for First Timers

Reviewed 2019-06-18

Pros
As a first-time user of this software, I highly recommend anyone looking to move their auction online. This was the first time our organization moved it online and it could not have been easier!! The set up was simple and easy to comprehend, and customer service was superb! I could message them at any time and they would typically answer within minutes -- even the day of our event! I also liked how you can pick and choose which features you want to use.

Cons
My only suggestions would be: 1.) I had difficulty printing some of your how-to articles. I would suggest making them available in PDF version so they are easier to print. When I reached out for help, I received the response "they're made for online reading only" 2.) I had difficulty uploading a photo for the banner on our event page. I would suggest looking into this.

Response from Accelevents

Hi Jackie, thanks for the feedback! We use a company called intercom to host our knowledge base articles. I shared your feedback with them. Hopefully they will make it easier to print the articles. We have also enhanced the image upload capacity and added a built in cropping tool! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Fred Dahnke

We use Accelevents for our annual meetings, silent auction and online raffles

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-01-01

I highly recommend Accelevents.

Pros
First and foremost - outstanding customer service. I've been able to reach Jon and Zach at all hours and they've been exceptionally responsive. With the event module we've been able to streamline our ticketing process and are better able to monitor reservations versus attendance and give a more accurate reservation count to the event vendor and save some money. With the silent auction module we've eliminated a lot of manual processing and the texting alerts to bidders have increased our bidding. The raffle module is a big benefit to us. With our manual system involving physical tickets, manual entry and lots of mailing we could only run a few raffles a year. With Accelevents we are totally automated and can run raffles as fast as we can acquire items to raffle. The end result is greater fundraising for a reasonable cost.

Cons
The products are more designed for traditional onsite fund raising events, a mold we don't fit into. However, Jon and Zach have been very helpful in tweak their software to meet our unique needs.

Nicholas Nichols

Great software for fundraising

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Still the best software I've seen. Very easy to use to run auction event. And the customer service stands out. The team responded to every question quickly, many times within minutes of asking. The support was especially critical night of the event as we had an issue due to user error and the Accelevents team was able to help us resolve.

Pros
Easy to use, intuitive interface with strong features

Cons
Honestly do not have a CON. Perhaps the only thing to improve would to be add a few HOW TO videos to the website for quickly getting users up to speed on all of the features.

Response from Accelevents

Thanks, Nicholas! We actually just launched a full how-to video series to get new users up to speed. Feel free to check it out. Looking forward to your next event!

Selena Sheaves

Very easy to use, great look, best customer service

Reviewed 2018-04-02

We were able to raise an additional amount for our annual event, while the cost of the service was less. It was absolutely the most affordable, easiest and most enjoyable way to raise funds for student scholarships, travel fellowships and teacher grants. Our organization supports all students, but especially those with little or no means to access travel opportunities or to pay for college. Accel Events will be our go-to platform for our silent auction in the future.

Pros
Intuitive and user friendly; beautiful, clean design, extremely cost-effective for our small non-profit; and, hands-down, the best, most responsive customer service we've ever experienced.

Cons
We have nothing negative to say about the software or the support. We were so happy with the platform and the people behind it that we will use again, and will recommend to others.

Joseph Wood

Glad we stumbled across this little gem

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-08-16

It has allowed us to raise funds for our charity dinner each year where as other online bidding platforms were far too expensive. This allows you to run it yourself and avoid those costs.

Pros

Cons
Slight lags from time to time. But nothing major.

Response from Accelevents

Thanks Joseph! We're happy to hear that you had a great experience. We are currently in a software development phase focused on further increasing performance of the system! We look forward to working with you again soon.

Jessica Zalusky

Great program for any size organization!

Reviewed 2018-09-06

Accelevents exceeded my expectations! Anytime I had a question, someone would get back to me in a timely manner. It helped us raise more funds with less time and effort on our part!

Pros
I loved the intuitive nature of the software. It did not take long to learn and put it into application. It has every option I could need to run an event. I love the mobile friendly part too, it makes it so user friendly.

Cons

Response from Accelevents

Thanks, Jessica! To answer your question, we have added a new live auction functionality for your next event!

meghann henry

Great Tool for non profits

Reviewed 2019-07-25

Pros
This platform was very easy for my busy non profit team to upload silent auction items. It provided our patrons with a fun and easy way to donate to our cause.

Cons
We had a few glitches in loading on some browsers, but the support line helped us out quickly. We got feedback from participants that they wish they couldn't remember their passwords from the year before.

Response from Accelevents

Hi Meghan,

Thanks for the feedback! We are happy to hear that the platform worked well for your event! We are running some more tests across all browsers to ensure that you do not have any browser based trouble in the future!

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Andrea Rabold

Accelevants is AWESOME

Love it and them.

Pros
Highly recommend. We are small nonprofit that couldn't afford the higher cost options. Also they didn't have a text to bid option. Accelevants is both functional and affordable AND they have really awesome features.

Cons
Sometimes inputting the data can be glitchy; however, their customer service reigns supreme so we have always figured it out together and fast.

Response from Accelevents

Hi Andrea, thanks for the feedback! We are happy to hear that your event was a success. We have identified and resolved the glitch that you had while adding items! Thanks for your understanding!

Anonymous

Great value proposition

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-11-26

Instead of cancelling a time consuming, expensive in-person auction, we moved to an online solution and saw a greater profit, with less work and less expenses.

Pros
We looked at several auction systems for an annual charity auction to move it from a physical auction to a fully online auction. After looking at about 5-6 competitors, Accelevents seemed to be the most reasonably priced and easy to use software. A lot of other systems require a monthly subscription which is not reasonable for small organizations.

Cons
Some of the features are not completely obvious, and maybe the help articles could be a little more developed, but help was always available, prompt and patient.

Susan Chaityn Lebovits

Accelevents is FANTASTIC! No matter what day or time I had a question, I was answered within 5 min!

Reviewed 2018-02-19

Pros
The Accelevents back end has an easy to use interface, first-rate customer support--- no matter what time of day ( or night ) I reached out, someone answered me within 5 minutes. DO THEY EVER SLEEP? The result is a gorgeous inviting display of auction items!

Cons
It would be nice to add more than one photo to each item-- maybe you already have that option-- I will have to look into this further.

Response from Accelevents

Hi Susan, thanks for the feedback! You can actually upload an unlimited number of photos per item. You can even drag and drop to change the order of the photos associated with a particular item! We look forward to working with you again soon!

Sierra Simmons

Super affordable and effective for silent auctions.

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-06-25

Pros
The price is right! Easy to include images, easy to process payments, easy to edit and update. Overall user-friendly.

Cons
Their sales/customer reps are obnoxious! Originally, they offered me a coupon to join and then wouldn't let me use it. Now I keep getting emails from them even though I've unsubscribed.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Arthur Kaynor

Excellent for silent auctions

Reviewed 2016-01-05

Accelevents was fantastic, and it was a pleasure working with Zach and the rest of the team. We ran a successful silent/online auction to benefit the NAACP, using the Accelevents platform. We found it to be a refreshingly effective and accessible software. The texting feature seemed a little unfamiliar at first, but proved to be an excellent feature. It made our whole process much easier to organize, and it hugely facilitates real-time communications with bidders. People found it to be easy to use and understand, and much more convenient than a paper process. Supporters of our organization who couldn't attend the live event also appreciated the ability to participate fully in our auction remotely. We also very much appreciated the helpfulness of the Accelevents team. They were quick to respond to questions and requests and were supportive of our efforts on the ground. I recommend Accelevents strongly for silent/online auctions.

Response from Accelevents

Thanks for the kind words. We are very proud of the support that we offer.

Caren Venter

Helpful and accommodating. Great results!

Reviewed 2016-07-19

When hosting our South African based charity event we didn't have a lot of options. After reaching out to a number of companies we managed to find Accelevents. Jon and Zach were accommodating, open to ideas, extremely responsive and customised the system to South African currency. It is also a cost-effective solution. Our online auction netted more than 34% extra revenue compared to the previous year's paper-based auction. The company has a bright future.

Pros
Affordability Ease of use Responsiveness

Response from Accelevents

Thanks Caren! We had a blast working with the Chicken Challenge and look forward to doing the same in a few months!

Tom Horton

Accelevents for raffle fundraiser

Reviewed 2019-10-21

My overall experience with Accelevents is positive and I will recommend this to others.

Pros
The 24/7 customer support is extremely valuable for someone like me who has a real job, and has to work on the Accelevents platform only in my afterhours spare time. Additionally, it is mostly intuitive and does not require a lot of support even for someone like me who is not tech savvy.

Cons
If a purchaser of a raffle ticket makes a mistake by submitting a ticket to the wrong item, the software does not allow for a correction to be made so the ticket can be redirected to the correct item. This is a rare occurrence so not a big deal, but it would be nice to have the ability to make a correction.

Deanna E

Attendee of a charity event with over 800 guests, using Accelevent's raffle services

Reviewed 2015-08-12

I was (happily) surprised when I wasn't handed a long strand of tickets to fill out when I visited the raffle tables at the fundraising event I attended to benefit the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Instead I was simply asked to provide my credit card info and directed to send a text submitting my 'tickets' I had just purchased to the items I wished to win. The whole process was quick, simple, and fun! Throughout the night I kept a close eye on the live tracker on the projection screen to see what items were getting the least amount of submissions. I could strategically submit my tickets from anywhere in the venue :) (rather than a packed raffle table with a line of other guests...). I ended up purchasing more tickets than I originally intended because there were no lines to wait in or tickets to fill out - and plus it was all for charity! I would definitely attend another event using AccelEvents and plan on proposing to the committees I sit on for future fundraising events.

Stu Levy

Second time we've used Accelevents for our annual on-line auction. Extremely pleased.

Reviewed 2018-06-05

Pros
Appreciate the template for downloading auction items from a spreadsheet. Event view is clear and easily distinguished between the opening and current bid. On-line support was near instantaneous. Will definitely continue to use in the future.

Cons
I wish Item Code could include numbers as well as letters, to make it easier to record multiple submissions from individual artists.

Response from Accelevents

Thanks for your continued support, Stu!

Laura Talbot

AccelEvents was very easy to use both for us and the people bidding. Very happy with the experience!

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-03-08

Pros
Whenever we had a question, it was answered right away. Everything was straightforward and self-explanatory.

Cons
It was a little frustrating that there were character limits when you download the catalog but not the item sheet, so in order to do everything we had to put in all of the short catalog descriptions, download that, and then delete the short put in the long descriptions for the sheets. It would've been helpful to have two text boxes, one for item sheet and one for catalog so that we didn't have to go back and forward. Also, there was no notice of these character limits so we didn't figure it out until we asked about. Clearer descriptions and additional text boxes would really help expedite the process.

Rachel Drake

Great! Accel Events is very responsive and helpful. Customer service will keep up coming back!

Reviewed 2018-04-18

Pros
Customer Service is my favorite! Second would be the ease of bidders signing up and collecting their payments.

Cons
We sell several expierences in our auction and last year we used the ticketing option which wasn't great for us so this year we put the expierences in the auction part, worked ok but still trying to figure out the best option for our expierences.

Leo Gharapetian

Excellent product with amazing support

Reviewed 2017-04-24

We used accelevents for our silent auction and only utilized the SMS component. The system was extremely easy to use and we did not have any technical glitches. Our event was over 3 days and we needed a fair bidding system for everyone who attended. Accelerants was able to deliver and our offline (in between event days) bidding was 3x higher than during the events. It really helped boost sales. The developers are great guys and always responsive to any request or question we had, patiently walking us through steps whenever we needed guidance. I've already recommended them to several other organizations.

Pros
ease of use, price

Cons
wont send images or image links via sms of auction items

Stephanie Raines

Golf Tournament

Reviewed 2018-09-11

This is a wonderful platform, very well designed, and exceptional for the price. The customer service is also top notch.

Pros
The ease of entering my items using a csv file instead of entering each item individually and the price!

Cons
I personally had an issue at my event where the url did not work. It was partially user error as I was in the middle of an event and the last thing I thought to do was call a customer service line, sit on hold for 20 minutes, and MAYBE get an answer. HOWEVER: The next day I sent a message to the chat service and CSR personally called me within about 1 minute of my chat request for a phone call. I have never experienced customer service like this. Now knowing the high level of customer service, I very well could have contacted him during my event and fixed my problem. Thank you Accelevents, and now I know!

Laurie Medrek

Glad I Found This Website

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2018-10-07

Pros
I used Accelevents for our recent raffle fundraiser. Using their program is a fantastic alternative to asking your members to sell door to door, or to take raffle tickets with them to meetings, appointments and work. Everything is done electronically, so there is no counting or record-keeping on your part. CSR's seemed to be available 24/7 to answer questions. I am looking forward to using Accelevents for our Silent Auction in the spring.

Cons
Some of the stuff was a learning curve for me, but the Chat option is very helpful, and when I look back, it was actually very intuitive.

Amy Clary

WOW...this is awesome!

Reviewed 2017-08-28

Pros
I really like the 24/7 support. When running an auction it's nice to know that the guys are there to help you out whenever needed. I also like how cheap it is. Instead of spending thousands, I spent a certain amount to make my auction successful and fund needed. That is a steal!!!

Cons
I think that they need to add a live auction feature to the platform, but they said they are working on it.

Ariane Watkins

Worked pretty well!

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-07-22

Pros
I've used the text to give feature. Designing the set up was easy and quick. The dashboard was easy to use and intuitive. The analytics were helpful. Easy breezy.

Cons
I wish the payment part has a camera to scan feature. Inputing the credit card info at an event might discourage people to not participate, as it take a while. I do like the new venmo payment feature though.

Response from Accelevents

HI Ariane, we're excited to hear that you had a great experience. Thanks for the feedback! That is something which we are planning to add once web browsers (as opposed to mobile apps) support the ability to scan a card with the camera on your phone!

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Andrew Arrendale

Great Product!

Reviewed 2018-09-06

Customer Service was great. When I had questions on functions or how my event was going to run, I got a response quickly and they were very easy to work with. I look forward to using Accelevents for my next fundraiser.

Pros
One stop shop for your next fundraiser! I was able to do a silent auction as well as sell raffle tickets. Payments were easy and I had no complaints from my attendees to our event regarding the process. I loved I could easily share on social media to get the word out on fundraiser. I did not utilize the ticket portion but would expect that would be smooth as well. Price was comparable to other products offered so I definitely made the right choice going with Accelevents!

Cons
I do not have anything bad to say here! Would highly recommend this product!