Act! Reviews

Act!

CRM & emarketing together as one.

Act!

Used as a CRM database/leasing record tracker for office real estate t

Pros

Tracks Contacts and leasing records. Tables can be customized to needs

Cons

Clunky, slow, limited cloud compatability... (it is 2016, you should be able to operate on a cloud)

Not as good as I had hoped

Pros

I used the product at previous jobs. I like the detail of the data that can be input and the search capabillities

Cons

I hate the customer service. We still have a ticket open from last year that has never been addressed. I have spent hours on hold for support. I never got a straight answer from anyone in support for any of the issues we called in.

THE WORSE ACT EVER

DESTROYED MULTIPLE BUSINESSES ONCE MANAGED DUE TO FAILURE OF THE DATABASE PROGRAM

Pros

NONE, DOWNGRADE AND A WASTE OF MONEY AND EFFORT .. thousands of constant need to rebuild and repair, formatting issues, a downgrade to 6.0 version

Cons

THE NEWER VERSIONS OF ACT ARE A HUGE DOWNGRADE TO 6.0 OLDER VERSIONS. Disastrous results downgrading multiple businesses to the worse ACT mess!

This reviewer only left a rating

I've used Act since around 1987. I've come to the conclusion that the last good, trouble free version of this software was Act 2000. Since that time I have had numerous problems with the program (Act 2004, 2005, 2006) taking minutes to open up, freezing up and my very favorite - not being able to open up my data base that I created and have used for a year or more. This is why for several years I went back to the 2000 version until the 32 bit machines became obsolete. Out of the blue, after two years of use the 2011 version, the software won't open up my files. Frankly Act 2011 Pro will is the last program I will purchase from Sage. I wouldn't recommend it to any new users. For those with tons of patience, the dire need for strategic planning, and progress charts, have at it.

This reviewer only left a rating

Have been using ACT since V.4 I agree with others, 2000 was the last good version. But I have always up graded, and have been more frustrated and very angry with the "customer support". I purchased 2013 in May 2013. Sales people did not know that 16 was coming 3½ months later. Plus Sales did not know this version was not Excel compatible. Tech people knew. After calling their outsourced customer...

Cons

Good program to use for contact managment

I have been using Act for some time now and find it extremely helpful to track my customers. there is a lot of ways to find what I need and sometimes I am intimidated by the program as there is a large learning curve to understand it all. however, it is easy to use if you need to make it simple.

Not a fan

Pros

I like the overall idea of this software, but to be honest there are a lot more efficient CRMs on the market.

Cons

Pretty robust and confusing as compared to other CRMs. Not able to access at all times.

how act doesn't work for me

several functionalities cannot be fixed. Support has been excellent but can't fix the problems. act continually disconnects from outlook, sync doesn't work 1/2 the time, templates have formatting problems that continue to return. email doesn't copy to act... never could fix that either.

Getting Organized with ACT

Use ACT! and really enjoy how organized I am now! Easy to use and if I have questions there is a terrific technical team that is always there to help and resolve my issues.

Pros

easy to use, good tutorials and great tech help

Cons

At the moment I hate everything about their tech support, which is non-existant

It has been across the board horrible in trying to install the new version. The help line keeps saying I am not a registered user but I bought and paid for the new version and for tech support. To say this is frustrating it to be too kind! I am not getting anywhere with these people.

Cons

Great software, but I wish it wasn't as expensive

I've used ACT for years - probably 15 years now. Have used the payroll system as well, but don't have employees now. Moved my mom's estate trust books over to it as well. Great software and as to the customer support, I haven't called very often. Thank you!

Cons

Has kept up with technology while preserving ease of use.

Pros

It integrates seamlessly with Outlook and Swiftpage eMarketing.

Cons

There's not nearly enough marketing and promotion to get the word out about Act!

Falling further behind

I have been an avid user of ACT! since the early 90s and it blows my mind that they totally missed the boat on CRM / SaaS. IF ALL they would do is allow us to import out Old ACT Databases into the cloud and use it - this would be a slam dunk. but they never make it easy do they. In addition, they keep on changing ownership - I wonder if there is 1 person left in the product development team who knows the history of the product.

Cons

Hi Ben, thanks for your feedback. If you have a moment and would like to discuss how we can turn this around for you, please direct message us through Social and we will have a technician reach out. Act!

A little slow but gets the job done!

Pros

We use ACT as a organizing platform for us to have our customer contact information together and manage efficiently. For this part it has been great and very useful to us.

Cons

Once we started to move forward and move along we started bumping into limited features and didn't have what we expected on the long run with the software.

ACT thank you. But no!

Pros

i had a very bad experience with Act. They mixed the free trial acct that I had with a different data base, so every time i wanted to log in the information was not correct. After 3 monthly payment I haven't been able to use my account

Cons

The customer support, takes too long to respond and verify your account, difficult to understand. In my experience if they would have taken notes correctly the first time that i tried to tell them to correct my information... i would have started to work since day one... that was 3 month ago.

This reviewer only left a rating

I have used Act 2.0 (DOS days), Act 2000 and Act! 6. I still use Act! 6 and it does all that I need and more. It loads fast, and runs smoothly at 1650x1080 on Win XP Pro quad core 2.4 (old cpu, with 3 GB of RAM). The whole system (using Outlook 2007 and Word 2003, Outlook not linked) runs fast and smooth. Act 2013 trial was a major disappointment. Takes ages to load and has slowed my machine to a crawl. I'm just going to keep on with version 6 (hasn't needing any patching since their last patch, anyway) on an XP machine and when XP is no longer supported, I'll just trust to my appliance and software firewalls, AV etc to keep me up and running. This is a far better solution than Act 2013.

This reviewer only left a rating

I have been using ACT! since way back, since maybe version 6 I think, it's been so long. I've always liked the product and the low pricing made it affordable to use in my small business. Now Swiftpage bought ACT! and things have changed with ver. 16. Customers who were loyal to Sage deserved better.

This reviewer only left a rating

I have been using a succession of versions of ACT! software for a number of years to track my personal life. All went fairly smoothly until Sage entered the picture. Since then, the bugs have become more frequent and the accessibility and quality of technical support progressively worse. This evening I reached the end of the trail. The ACT! 2011 software refuses to open the database I've been using for over two years, and most recently three days ago, because it claims I'm not the owner. The technical support pages on the website tell me that a single-event contact with a human being will cost me $99, for software which the company will no longer support at all in another six months.

Cons

Bad CRM Software and support!

Pros

There's nothing I like about this product.

Cons

The program does not work consistently; the software deletes random data; the database just creates duplicate entries for some of the records. Although the manual seems thick, detailed, and thorough, it leaves off pieces of important instructions, and you are forced to call them. We are not trying to export all of our data, and it won't let you export the notes and history unless you pay extra for that.

This reviewer only left a rating

The program is easy to use and very affordable for what we were looking for. Our sales team was great to work with and Paul our support contact is very prompt about getting back to us, helping us work through issues, and the training was very good as well. We are very happy with the overall purchase, process, and ongoing support.

ACT - easy to use

We've been using ACT for the past 7-8 years and we love it. I dont think we will ever change systems. From the old school software to the new cloud based stuff, it fits what we need, rarely breaks and the pricing is still great.

office manager

It is easy & fast to find the persons one is looking for in ACT. Can find addresses, I use the NOTES everyday for my clients to write what they have said, so I don't have to worry about forgetting. which is very helpful to me.

Using Act! since version 5

Pros

The software is easy to use!

Cons

The annual releases seem a bit much. without compelling features.

Bill Moore Advertising

Software Crashed when transferring to my new "Christmas" computer. Received your help, (thus this e-mail request from Swiftpage.) Waiting for Data Repair to contact me. It's been a few day, now. Need my ACT ASAP. Thanks!

Tried and true software

I am in IT support and a customer of mine just went from a 10-year old version to the latest version of ACT. The techs performed the data conversion for us and there was minimal downtime. Went without a hitch,.