Ad Sales Genius

Online ad-based CRM for media companies

Ad Sales Genius Reviews - Page 2

First Time User

But overall, the software accommodates our needs with a few bumps and bruises.

Pros

I just started at this company about 6 months ago and this was my first experience with Ad Sales genius. There was some necessary training required, but over the interface and interaction has been great. The staff is available and able to video chat which is very helpful, when we need them.

Cons

I do think the email conversation could be improved. Sometimes the responses are as helpful as we would like. Perhaps we are not explaining in detail what the issue is, but the feedback can be less than stellar to try to troubleshoot how to fix the problem.

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! We're happy to see that you're satisfied with our software, and we thank you for your feedback!

Ad Sales Genius Review - OVERALL GREAT!

Pros

The most impact features are the contract creations and unity it brings as a team. This software not only helps create contracts with ease from the back end but the contracts also look clean and professional when sent to be reviewed and signed. I also feel that our team is more united or at least in the loop with one another since we have 'real time' updates on everyone's progress throughout the month!

Cons

The software overall was a bit confusing when we first transitioned and there is still a lot that I personally need and want to explore. I really only use the software to find or update advertisers and contacts and to make contracts and I feel that after some time those have become easier to navigate.

Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius. We're excited to hear that our publishing CRM software has improved your contracts process and your team's overall communication. If you're seeking personalized training on any particular area of our software, sign up for one of our free biweekly Genius University web training sessions - we're here to help!

Ad Sales Genius Review

So far it's been good. Initially, our team had a rocky start because our structure is maybe a little different than the average ASG customer but the software's customization options were part of why we chose it. Ultimately, the ASG team has worked with us to accomplish what we need and successfully transfer information over and organize it as close to correctly as possible with minimal manual work on our part.

Pros

I find it to be overall very intuitive which is often not the case for this type of software. In sales, it makes most sense for back end work to be quick, easy and efficient and I think Ad Sales Genius is all of those things.

Cons

There are a few things that seem rigid, like the process for deleting a contract. You pretty much have to just cancel the insertion for a contract. It's also not super simple to edit a contract once it's been won—and I understand why this might be more complicated, but advertisers do change their minds. I also am having issues figuring out how to copy a proposal and edit it, which is important for renewal time!

Hi, Elaina! We appreciate your feedback and comments on your experience with Ad Sales Genius. There are several business rule configuration options with regard to contracts that your Admin can change for contract edits. We reviewed your account and see that the settings are currently set to the most restrictive; we encourage you to speak with your Admin to review the settings and see if there are some business rules that can be changed to make it easier to update contracts for your customers.

ASG Review

If i ever run into a problem or have a question, I get immediate support.

Pros

Simple Web Ad Server has saved me hours of uploading ads to our website. So far great at keeping organized.

Cons

It takes a bit to get the hang of. The videos I think need to be updated.

Glad to see that our CRM software is helping you keep your online advertising organized, Christopher! Our support team appreciates the kind words, and we are working diligently to make the Ad Sales Genius training experience and documentation better than ever.

User Friendly!

10/10!!!

Pros

This software does everything you need in one place!! So user friendly as well.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this time but still using.

Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius! We appreciate your kind words, and we're happy to be your all-in-one publishing sales software!

This made selling ads fun for me again

We needed a better way to build contracts. Wanted a more modern experience for our users. Their support team is amazing. VERY responsive to feature requests.

Pros

Easy of use. Fast and intuitive GUI. Constantly improving (I thought it was perfect, but somehow these guys find ways to step it up). It's NOW fun to build contracts.

Cons

I met the owner many years back and I mistook his confidence for cockiness and this misjudgement delayed my purchase. I wish I knew then what I knew now and I would've been onboard way earlier.

Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience with Ad Sales Genius. We're thrilled that you love our product, and we look forward to continuing to serve you and your company!

Adsales Genius for Trade Show Companies

I have been using the software for under a year but my experience has been quite satisfying overall with the product. Not saying we have not run into problems, but the support team have been snappy with responses and seemed willing to help at all times.

Pros

The Software is easy to navigate and to use. The customer support is knowledgeable and punctual with responses. It is overall a friendly user-interface that most should be able to adapt to quickly.

Cons

There are small flaws that are usually easy fixes. Most of the problems we run into are how pages are formatted with the organization of information/ability to perform certain actions when pulling lists or gathering info etc. But nevertheless, issues seem to be preferable fixes for our company mostly.

Joseph, thank you for the review of Ad Sales Genius! We're happy to see you enjoy using our CRM software for trade shows and event services. Our support team appreciates your kind feedback!

All Sales Genius Is a All in One Tool

It has really helped me keep myself organized and on track with my clients. I don't know how I got along with out it. It is so user friendly and takes very little time to learn. It also helps keep client lists so everyone know who has what client. That is very helpful and I can look at the list where ever I am. I use it everyday all day in some capacity or another.

Pros

I love that this software not only keeps track of accounts but also does all the accounting. I can see client lists, invoices, agings and keep track of client emails all on the site.

Cons

There isn't much that I don't like about this system. Maybe the editing of client info is the thing I had most trouble with but it was easy once I realized I wasn't doing it right.

Thank you for the wonderful review! Our team appreciates the kind words, and we're happy that you are loving Ad Sales Genius!

One size does not fit all. For our business, ASG is a perfect fit.

Pros

We are a multimedia business with a print magazine, network of websites, trade show, newsletters and radio show, before finding ASG, we were on the largest (and most expensive) CRM in the world. We struggled with the multiple add-ons you had to purchase and customize for an advertisng based business. ASG takes care of every aspect of the CRM process for an ad based organization. Just because there's the biggest CRM available out there, one size does not fit all.

Cons

With any CRM - commit to a minimum of one year! It really takes that time to get adjusted and your team feeling comfortable using ASG.

Using ASG CRM

It has been good however I am sure there is a lot more I could learn about the software and how it works.

Pros

It's great to have ASG in my tool box for everyday use. Each email I send is stored in my client's activity records. This is extremely valuable in sales. The contact daily reminders help to stay organized and on track to meet sales goals.

Cons

I wish I could upload magazine media kits to have ready when emailing. Also, mass emailing using tags does not seem as easy as it appears.

We are thrilled to see that you are enjoying Ad Sales Genius! Stay tuned for a variety of training opportunities throughout 2021 and beyond!

ASG Review

Pros

Once you learn this software, it's easy to work your way around. Customizable templates. Prompt customer service. Consistent updates and saves, and information can be entered easily. Adaptable to multiple environments

Cons

Customer service is moving towards a self service model for an expensive product. Updates sometimes can mess up the general formats

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ad Sales Genius! We're so glad you're enjoying our software! Regarding your experience with our support and updates, we aim to keep things as smooth as possible for users as we add new functionality. You're always welcome to directly contact our support team via telephone for any urgent support requests. The reason we encourage a support ticket beforehand is to help document issues to create an even better user experience for all!

Publisher

positive and easy to use

Pros

Ease of use for all departmental personnel

Cons

It's not clear exactly how it syncs with Quickbooks, which is key to our billing operation. Difficult to get a person on the phone for support (excellent communication via email, however).

Hi John! Thank you for the great review! We've hired many more new staffers to the team in the recent year. You are welcome to call us anytime at: 855-464-3648 and press 2 for support. For QuickBooks, we might need to schedule a time with a subject matter expert for any advanced questions regarding this feature. Thank you for being a customer of Ad Sales Genius and we look forward to continuing to serve you and your company!

Could be good

Not worth investing in software that is inflexible with a support team that doesn't really care.

Pros

Its great to see a CRM focused on media sales. There is a lot that this software gets right.

Cons

The support is non existent. It is as if this company doesn't want your business. The pricing compared with industry leaders such as salesforce, Pipedrive, etc is stuck in the 1990's. Whilst many take on board feedback these guys don't . Its almost as if they built it for one publisher and are unwilling to make it flexible for other publishers.

Hi Adam, Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you were disappointed in the free trial and our pricing. We have instituted a five user minimum because of the amount of time we spend helping our customers during trained and setup. As you know, we are a niche product and not a generic solution like PipeDrive or SalesForce; our team spends a lot of time one-on-one with our clients. I know you live in Europe and have a significant time difference from our standard business hours. Our records show you have not yet setup a demo with us. If you would like to talk with one of our team members, please don¿t hesitate to reach out! I wish you all the best with your start-up publication.

ASG is Absolutely Superiorly Great

Pros

The flow of features. Keeping notes and followups are seamless with reminders. Logging insertions, invoicing, and emailing are seamless. No need to "remember" to go back and do something. All just flows and several tasks are accomplished in minimal time.

Cons

Sometimes editing is hard. There is a particular sequence of buttons to push, so the learning curve for using the software is pretty steep. In other words, it's nonfunctional until you do it right. However, once the operator learns the sequence of steps, it is easy.

We truly appreciate your review of Ad Sales Genius! We're thrilled that you are loving our publishing CRM software. Regarding your feedback, we're rolling out a variety of new tutorials and resources that are designed to help you start using our features even faster. Thank you for being an Ad Sales Genius customer!

Great products, many features, attentive to needs, customized to advertisement sales, genius!

Revenue Share Functionality Advertisement Inventory Selection Customized Contract Proposal Generation E-Sign Capability Customized Reporting Recurring Payments Capability Propescting Opportunity Creation and Tracking

Pros

Ad Sales Genius is full of beneficial features and the company continually is working to help customize and further improve the software to give added new features to our business model. ASG encompasses a large majority of functions within our sales and accounting system needed to track and monitor data for reporting within our business. Address and monitor any tickets open in a timely and efficient manner. The insertion order to invoice to cash collection process is automated and helps save time and labor by making it easy to process invoices and collect payments.

Cons

Couldn't say much about what I don't like about this software. I haven't had any issues that I can speak of.

Where have you been all my life!

From the beginning they took us step by step through the training, always answer our questions in a timely manner and always working to make the system better. They do well at keeping us informed of changes and new opportunities.

Pros

This software makes it very easy to keep track of leads & advertisers, execute contracts, work on ad production, invoicing and payments.

Cons

There are some glitches from time to time but always seem to be quickly addressed by their support team.

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! We are so happy to see that you are thrilled with our ad sales software, and we truly appreciate your business!

Intuitive Platform

ASG is one stop shop and I appreciate that concept.

Pros

ASG is a user friendly platform and most features are intuitive. I value the full integration from the lead/contact/contract points on the sales side to the invoice/payment/report/commission features on the accounting side. The "activity" feature that is seen and shared by all levels of the team is most valuable.

Cons

From an Accounting perspective I would like to see the ability to forecast true revenue potential- project cash in the bank on a per month basis. I would like more flexibiity with the report features as well. It would be nice to generate a report focusing on one field (any field I choose) for various time periods.

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius! We're grateful to have you as a customer, and our team is pleased to see that you're loving our CRM software!

Excelent Platform

Easy to use , has all the we need to operate a daily newspaper. Not only for production but accounting and so on. You dont need different programs ASG has it all built in that you only need one platform .

Pros

This is such a user friendly program that helps us put out our daily newspaper everyday. Few easy steps and you it lays out our flat plan of what will go in that daily newsprint. i love that it integrates with other systems with use as well like mail chimp and Broadcast. By far one of the easiest programs I used that is an all for one system.

Cons

It has some glitches but a quick support ticket and they have answers for you and will help you out.

Cindy, we're thrilled to see that you love using our CRM to help run your daily newspaper! We work hard to offer the best all-in-one software platform for media production, and the entire Ad Sales Genius team is encouraged by your positive feedback!

Ad Sales Genius Review

Very positive

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use everyday. I enjoy the reports it is able to create.

Cons

Tutorial videos to learn how to use. Search function.

Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius! We're happy to see that you enjoy using Ad Sales Genius every day. Stay tuned for some exciting updates we'll be rolling out for training and common processes throughout 2021!

Great software

It is very easy to learn.

Pros

This software is easy to use, very functional, and makes me very organized. We were trained and hit the ground running, Very easy to learn.

Cons

We had some trouble merging from our old CRM, but that is was an easy fix.

Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius! We're happy that you love using our advertising CRM software!

Ad Sales Genius

This CRM system if great. I believe that the company has worked hard to implement things that we have requested which is super helpful and their support team responds very quikly.

Pros

I like how bright the dashboard is. I think that there are many ways to set up reminders and log information that is vital for your team and yourself when you work with money and clients

Cons

I still don't think the flat plan has been properly fixed, I believe there is a lot of potential for this with the business I work in.

Brittni, we are thrilled that you are enjoying our product! Based on your feedback, a member of our support team will reach out to you shortly to help you configure your flat plan settings in a way that works best for your team. Thank you for being a customer!

Cheetah speed and style

Pros

The interface is very user friendly and FAST.

Cons

More training videos would be a big plus.

Our team believes cheetah-like speed is a wonderful thing when it's combined with a friendly user experience. Glad to see you agree, Nicole! Thank you for choosing Ad Sales Genius as the CRM software you use to help you run your company - stay on the lookout for new and updated training videos rolling out soon!

Excellent & Reliable Resource!

I've had a great experience with this company and the software - I would recommend it to everyone!

Pros

I love that it's very reliable - we are a fast-moving industry and we need quick organization that won't let us down.

Cons

There are so many features, I sometimes find it hard to navigate just to find the simple sales reports or a simple way to edit contracts. We only use a small percentage of the options, but I do sometimes wish it was scaled down a bit.

Thank you for the glowing review, Tracy! Your kind words mean a great deal to the entire team here at Ad Sales Genius!

Still much to learn

Positive and a great product overall.

Pros

The updates to the software make the program easier to use in regard to client management but still have a lot to learn.

Cons

It seems challenging to make any even slight changes to a contract once it's been 'won' which makes it appear a mess to clients. That might just be something to figure out with the new software updates but it's a critically important day to day resource that doesn't seem intuitive at the moment.

Thank you for your review of Ad Sales Genius! We're happy to see that you enjoy our software and would recommend it to others. Stay tuned for more exciting updates throughout 2021!

Pros

Easy to use and has great reports that are easy to understand to keep a great view of whats going on in the organization.

Cons

Took a while to get use to but the training was helpful

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Geniuswe're delighted to hear that you're enjoying our CRM software!