Bokun

Cloud-based booking management solution for tourism industry

Bokun Reviews - Page 2

The people there are great!

The customer service is good, sometimes the technical staff is really slow at figuring out things. I find that they have a great corporate culture and I like working with people like that.

Pros

You can do wonderful things with is if you know where to clic and what you are looking for.

Cons

When it is updated, sometimes the Help section is not updated. There are some features that sometimes do not work properly or we would like seeing modified e.i. adding the day (Monday...) into the Activity Calendar rather than just the date itself.

Hi Paulina, Thanks for taking the time to review Bokun. We're glad to hear that you've found our tools easy to use and our customer service has been nice to work with! We are currently reviewing our Helpdesk to improve and update articles and add new ones. We'll make sure to try to update our articles promptly with any new product releases moving forward. Thank you for the suggestion regarding adding the days in the Activity Time Selector Widget. We will pass this on to our product manager for review. Don't hesitate to reach out with any other feedback! -Bokun Support

Gamechanger for my company

I love Bokun booking system! That means, I give them 10 out of 10, and I dont give that note often :-)

Pros

I simply love Bokun booking system. It's simple to use, great possibilities, Sevice is great and they listem to their customers to improve the system

Cons

I did not find any bad sides of the software because the service team they quickly solve the few problems I had.

Super asset to TOs and TAs

Great Market place and smooth connectivty to partners

Pros

Customer service Pricing Constant development

Cons

Just need to add separate entry process for different segments

Thank you for your review and for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you have had success using the Bokun B2B Marketplace and connections to additional distribution channels. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions for suggestions. Best, Bokun Support

Great software for any size of company

Pros

Great reservation and booking system for Tours&Activities agents, suppliers... Since around 6 months I am using Bokun actively. Thanks to the colleagues of Bokun who have contacted me and offered a half hour training 6 months ago. Since that time I have increased the number of my products to more than 100 and I have also now 6 active contracts with resellers and OTAs, which were listed in the Bokun...

Cons

The system and the features are easy to use, but you need some time till you get used to them. There are really endless details in the system, which can be used according to different needs of the users. Some minor changes could be done so that it becomes more user friendly.

Bokun is the best software for the management of bookings in the travel industry

It's one of my favourite softwares. I use it on a daily basis to manage the travel business I work for and I cannot even begin to describe the amount of time and energy I save everyday by using Bokun.

Pros

Bokun is the ultimate software for travel operators and travel platforms alike. It provides 5-star service, a full on-boarding process with one of their experts. Plus, they are fully integrated with big travel platforms such as TripAdvisor and Expedia, so you get all bookings in one place and you don't need to check multiple platforms daily, which is a big time saver. Moreover, Bokun provides beautiful and customizable widgets for your products to put on your website, which increases conversion rates.

Cons

It is pretty complex to use, but that's both a strength and a weakness. They do offer professional on-boarding and a great resource library, which makes it relatively easy to learn for anyone with

Hi Paula, Thank you for your review and your kind words. At Bokun, we strive to keep improving our product and our level of service to meet our customers' needs. Please do not hesitate to reach out to support@bokun.io if you have any ideas for how we can improve the product, particularly in regards to the ease of use. Best, Bokun Support Team

Backbone of our business!

Pros

Bokun gives us a thought oversight of our operations and helps us planing our tours ahead of time. Easy access to all bookings helps us sending out invoices at the right time which at the end of the day helps us with maintaining a healthy cash flow.

Cons

I would prefer a more helpful dashboard to be really able to crunch the numbers and statistics, this year vs the next etc. needing to export a sheet to takes time and effort when it can all be easily added to the dashboard. For example we’d love to push one button to see a breakdown of nationalities compared now, compared to last month and recent years.

Hi Adalsteinn Svan, Thank you for your review and for sharing your dashboard reporting suggestions. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at support@bokun.io if you have any other product enhancement suggestions. Best, Bokun Support

Best Solution for Doing Business

Bokun team support is the best my team has ever worked with in the industry. There ability to customize a system that works for us was amazing. There system is a one stop solution with opportunities for future support as we continue to increase our business levels.

Pros

Functionally easy to navigate. Very easy for my team to customize groups or set up new products.

Cons

The software meets our requirements. I would recommend to anyone.

All in one easy and friendly to use

I'm selling my tours in several websites and agents, and Bokun was the best choice that I could have done for my company. Tried other before and this one got me to where I wanted.

Pros

When I came across with Bokun I thought it would be another headache... I was so wrong. Easy to use, friendly and suoer nice costumer support.

Cons

I would love to have more time to explore all the features more detailed. So far I haven't seen any negative points.

Great software for tour operating with online sales channel

Pros

Bokun is incredibly easy to set up and use, while offering tons of features and an incredibly helpful support team.

Cons

Some features were interlinked and required us to set up a chain of different things, which got a bit confusing at times. This has, however, been mostly resolved by recent updates.

Hi Nils, Thank you for your review. We are always updating the Bokun product based on feedback from customers like you, so we're happy to hear that recent product updates have resolved some of your concerns. Please do not hesitate to reach out to support@bokun.io if there are other enhancements you would like to see added to Bokun. Best, Bokun Support

Would 100% Recommend

Overall an amazing experience. I’m a big advocate for Bokun.

Pros

Implementing Bokun is one of the best decisions we have made. We were not using a reservation management took before. It has saved us at least 3-4 hours a day of booking management. It has enabled us to significantly scale our growth. The customer experience has vastly improved with the availability manager, booking widget and automated emails. Pricing can’t be beat.

Cons

There are some bugs that have taken long to fix, some still ongoing many months after launching. Movement seems to be a bit slow

A huge change

Pros

I joined Bokun when they got acquired by Tripadvisor. The small commission was at drove me in, but then I realized it was so much more. It was easy to use, easy to integrate on our website with the widgets and I even found a payment provider better than the one I was using that connected well with them. But I would say the best is their customer service. The whole team is just nice and I've met a few of them at Arival as well. I always tell people when they start using bokun on my team or other teams (to which I have recommended bokun to) - the chat is your best friend, backed by very good tutorials!

Cons

Initially, the fact that the bookings could not be seen in a calendar was a difficulty, but it has been fixed.

It works great for me

I'm generally happy. I was assisted with my site and setting it up. I have been able to reach out to other resellers and operators in the marketplace and have working contracts with them. Everything has been easy for the most part. The only time I had an issue was when I would make a change that would affect the other OTA's and throw it out of synchronization, but Bokun was always quick to help me.

Pros

I am a sole proprietor operating food tour experiences. When I purchased Bokun they assigned a person to help me set up my site. That person would check back with me and any questions I had I would reach out to them. This allowed me to get up and going super quickly.

Cons

I still needed some help in getting it all set up so it's still a little bit more difficult than it should be. The only problems I had were when I would make changes that would throw the synchronization between the different OTA's out of whack and it wasn't immediately evident what it was that I did at the time. However, those are operator errors (my errors). Each time it happened, Bokun would help me out by letting me know exactly where those errors were made.

A practical and effective tool

I have had a good experience with the use of the platform and the reception of executives.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use, A simple and integrated way to load products,

Cons

The classification of activities, I consider that it is more efficient to separate the activities according to the sector or product that is offered.

Hi Nicolas, Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you've had success integrating your products. You can add categories and attributes to your experiences in Bokun in the product setup settings. Don't hesitate to reach out to support@bokun.io if you need any further information or support. All the best, Bokun Support

User friendly booking widgets and marketplace

New functions are doing a good job. Some development choices didn't take into account the products that matter a lot to my organization but we are using the new Experience setup and functions that are working great. Much more understandable than before and user friendly interface.

Pros

It is mostly user friendly. One can set up multiple types of tours with the new setup very easily and post on one's own website either a booking page or a widget. Also the marketplace. Very accessible to sell and buy products from all that use bókun. We were really happy when the cost model changed into pay per sold item instead of fixed cost. That makes it easier for new buyers to join bókun and shop online.

Cons

That transportation products were left out of the development

Great Product, Bit of a learning curve

Over all, worth it.

Pros

This helps organize all of our products in one place, keeps track of our reservations and makes it easy to sell on our own website.

Cons

Takes some time to understand how to set up the products and the customer service is not very helpful in getting you through this learning process.

Amazing booking solution affordably

Bokun provides the only booking solution my business will ever need (I am hoping so:). Moreover, having the majority of OTAs and resellers synced with one booking engine makes it flawless to manage calendar and reservations.

Pros

At first, the structure and functionality of this software overwhelm but in no time the user will gradually start appreciating every little detail which makes it so easy to manage all aspects of a prospering tourism company. Bokun provides solutions for tons of different products and services. It also feels that they are always around to give you an extra tip to improve your business or use a new tool they just released.

Cons

It takes time to learn how to operate this software, but this applies to everything serious and well made.

Hi Stepan, Thank you for your kind words and for sticking with the training as you got ramped up on Bokun. As you said, it takes time to learn the entire system, but we are so happy that you have gotten so much value out of the Bokun system and are using it to connect with distribution partners, sell on your website, and manage your calendars and reservations. Best, Bokun Support

Used daily for online bookings and its perfect

Excellent. A very good move for me

Pros

The interface is clean and responsive - simple to view and use

Cons

More 3rd party payment portals would help.

Hi Tim, Thank you for your review and your feedback! Thank you for your suggestion on adding more 3rd party payment portals. We are continually adding more partners as well as overall feature updates to Bokun, and we will keep you posted with all of our updates. Best, Bokun Support

12 months of floods, bushfires and COVID and now charging for what was free

It was supposed to be a reservation system for us to use.

Pros

It was free and only charged per transaction. Initially that charge was supposed to be 1%. However, it took quite some time to iron out the bugs and get it working so we have never managed to get a single booking through it.

Cons

After 12 months of floods, bushfires and COVID, Bokun decided that everyone wanted to pay them $49 per month ($588 per year) even when there were no revenue streams to be had due to Australian borders being closed. We have spent the last 12 months setting up for new products so that we would be able to book them when borders start to open. However, we are now back to square one.

Hi Bruce, thank you for your review. We appreciate that you took the time to set up your products and were pleased with our product functionality. Regarding the pricing change, we now provide a paid plan at $49 per month with a reduced service fee from 2.9% to 1.5% only for bookings that come through the booking engine and/or booking website. There is no additional charge for OTA, offline and marketplace...

Love this software

Helping us get more business, and make it easier for customers to find us online.

Pros

How easy and effective it is at sales for my business!

Cons

Customer support is hard to communicate directly with guest.

Hi Cody, Thank you for your review and your feedback. Thank you for your comment about our customer support We are always working on improving our performance, so we appreciate this feedback! Best, Bokun Support

Product is acceptable but not exceptional

Despite the product's shortcomings, the staff are great to work with, and very committed.

Pros

Does not work with GroupOn. Works almost seamlessly with Viator, almost.

Cons

Software USER support is thin. Too many items are referred to 'specialists' who don't reply until days or weeks after the inquiry. Re-explaining the same issue to different front line support folks for 3-4 months with no complete resolution (and no demonstrated interest or sense of urgency on the part of the software supplier) can be frustrating.

Hi Ian, Thank you for your review and your feedback. We are actively working to improve our support response times, and we take your feedback very seriously. Best, Bokun Support

Great platform

Pros

It is easily compatible with our homepage. It's very easy to implement products from Bokun to any platform.

Cons

It has limited payment providers. I would love to have also Izettle as a payment provider.

Hi Robert, Thank you for your feedback! We've passed on your request for adding iZettle as an additional payment provider to the team. (Here is the latest list of payment service providers we work with: https://helpdesk.bokun.io/en/articles/2829618-payment-providers) Best, Bokun Support

Technical errors & unfriendly policies

We use bokun for booking of tour products via our website. However, after negative experiences with Bokun we are now looking for a better option - luckily there are countless better booking software products out there.

Pros

The possibility for resellers to gain access to your products.

Cons

Fairly many bugs in the system and exploitative terms & conditions. For tour operators: If a tour gets cancelled by the customer for whatever reason (sickness, travel restrictions due to covid 19, change of travel plans etc.) Bokun keeps all fees paid for the bookings if it is cancelled later than 1 month after the booking was placed by the customer. In total our company has lost about 10k NOK due...

We are sorry to hear about your poor experience. Our support team is here to help. We believe that this particular issue has been rectified, but please do not hesitate to reach out to support@bokun.io. To clarify a bit, we only charge a service fee for bookings made on your website when using our online booking engine; all bookings from other channels such as offline, from OTAs, or travel agents...

Exceptional service

This software is ideal for operators that run business on different selling channels as it connects and gathers data from all of them.

Pros

It does a huge job by connecting different selling platforms into one user friendly channel.

Cons

There is no cons till now. As it seems there will not be any in future as well.

Hi Peter, Thank you for your review! Do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or suggestions in the future. Best, Bokun Support

Lifesaver!

I use bokun as a channel manager with a direct API connection into my custom booking software. No other system was able to accomonadte this for me. The support team has been amazing along the way.

Pros

At first, Bokun may seem to lack a few features. I promise you it is there! After doing some digging and reaching out to my account manager, I was able to discover all the possibilities that Bokun can do.

Cons

Like any reservation software, there will always be some kinks or things that arent quite like you wish they were

Excellent program

Well our company needed more organization with the reservation sistem, and bokun really help to control our reservation and make it easy for everyone

Pros

It is really easy to use and really fast to find all the options

Cons

Sometimes the matching connection is wrong but support service always help us