Book Like A Boss Reviews

Book Like A Boss

Online appointment booking for service-providing businesses

Book Like A Boss

My #1 online booking recommendation

I started using an online booking form for my podcast over 5 years ago. It worked well but eventually I had to move up to a paid plan. Once I found BLAB, I switched over and never looked back. It offered more options and flexibility than my previous booking service and was less expensive. I now book podcast guests, online consultation calls, and more using the same BLAB account. And I can even take payments for paid consultations, all within the BLAB interface.

Pros

I like that I can easily connect multiple calendars and create booking options for a variety of free appointments and paid consultations without paying extra for additional booking pages. The forms are very flexible and can gather the information I need to prepare. Additionally, the reminders are great, the ability to embed a form with custom colors and branding is wonderful, and there are even additional integrations such as Zoom.us booking links and Zapier integrations.

Cons

Because BLAB offers so much, it can be hard to find a single booking page to send a direct link. And the Zapier integration with MailChimp could be a little better.

It's A Work in Progress

Overall BLAB is a good system and great for the cost. It's super easy to use and the BLAB developers are working hard to improve it all the time. Their Facebook customer support and community is invaluable for finding workarounds, discussing bugs, and talking about what we wish we had on BLAB next. The BLAB team is an active part of the community and also responds in decent time to any tech/bug queries via the website.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up and get running. On the backend, it took me almost no time to get basic functionality working. On the front end for my clients love how easy it is to use.

Cons

That I don't have enough control over how people book. I really need a product that has coded for more complex bookings. I run a spa and this system needs a TON of workarounds. I feel a lot of it is lazy coding that just wasn't thought through. For example the SMS system texts clients reminders for their appts, but it doesn't include the time in it. This just seems lazy. Also they, thankfully added...

Great service - great support - I love it

Does what it says on the tin. Easy to use. Nice personal customer service from the team that actually built it. Has never let me down.

Pros

Book Like A Boss is such a great product. The ability to set up both paid and free appointments is really handy - especially with the payment solution baked in. It connects up to lots of service direct and can also link to Zapier for other requirements. More than anything the service is excellent. I use it and I recommend it all the time.

Cons

Perhaps your main homepage gets a bit cluttered when you have lots of options for people to choose. However I normally link direct to the specific meeting choice so not really a factor.

A great calendar system for busy professionals

As a busy professional, I am always in need of having people schedule meetings and appointments with me. It's very easy for me to turn around and give my BLAB schedule link out to people and let them setup a time for us to meet - in person or on the phone/Zoom, etc. Having the BLAB program on my site, in my email signature and more allow me to do more with less of the back-and-forth of the "does this time work for you?" emails and lets me focus on the big picture. I can also use these calendars as campaign landing pages with the FB pixels integrated, I can even retarget people who see my page based on where I send them!

Pros

Ease of use Multiple calendars to allow for mutliple campaigns Easy integrations with Exchange, iCloud, Google Calendar & More Integrations with Zoom, Stripe, PayPal Hidden calendars

Cons

Creating some of the designs for the pages - limiting the number of images in the gallery and branding

Brief Review

It is very user friendly. That is what works for me. I am not so tech but have learnt a lot over the years .. still need the quick and easy tho

Pros

Generally it is pretty easy to get around and set up myself.

Cons

can't say that there is a least. I would like to have the 15 minute option in there in the time section btw

Pretty Solid Product

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my purchase. I purchased a lifetime deal for BLAB and find that there is extreme value in it. I would definitely recommend this product. However, the market is so saturated with these tools that an alternative can easily be found if someone doesn't need all of the bells and whistles of BLAB - it can be a bit too much to chew for those who need something simple.

Pros

I really like the integration with Zoom and the ability to create unique video meetings when someone books an appointment. I also like being able to take payments for any service or product I provide or sell. Generally there are trade-offs in this area when it comes to these types of features. You may get one, but not both, but with BLAB you do.

Cons

The UI could use a bit of an update and the navigation could be cleaned up a bit or consolidated. Right now it's a bit too complex to figure out which settings are in which area, so it takes some digging between the different panels in order to find the exact thing you're looking for. There's a lot of customization, but it's also hard to tell what you're doing - a preview view would be nice, other than opening an entirely different tab to do so, or at least some sort of live editing mode.

This is a great booking system - but just one thing

Good. I just personally preferred a better UI design so I'm with another scheduling software.

Pros

I have the Appsumo Venti plan and I LOVE the brand removal and 100 SMS reminders/mo add-ons! I've found this software really easy to set up and very robust. It syncs to all of your calendars and also auto-deducts your client's time zones for easy booking. Not just that, you can take payments for appointments (the system integrates with Stripe, Square, & PayPal.) Even though I won't use this feature, but I appreciate the full pages & lite pages where you get to add in an About Me section, social links, videos and testimonials.

Cons

This is just my personal preference, but user interface of the embedded calendar could use some improvement. I find it too small for my taste and not clear enough about the exact day a client is making the appointment on (the date is clear but not so much the day). This is actually why I'm still with Acuity and paying a monthly subscription. I was also dissatisfied with the load time of the calendar, though I'm not 100% sure if that has been fixed at the time of this review, which is another reason why I'm still with Acuity.

Great value that keeps getting better!

Saves me so much time, allows me to pre-screen people before booking so I can be sure that they are a fit. It helps me put boundaries around time and makes my clients aware also.

Pros

They truly listen to what customers need and they deliver. The software is easy to learn, looks professional from the end user view, and has so many options. the BLAB team takes feedback on what customers need and they keep adding functionality!

Cons

Just waiting on one function, (that may be on the horizon) so I can be 100% free of needing any other options. There are times when I manually want to schedule​ somebody at a time that I have blocked out. I want to be able to do that on my end, without them being able to choose to later reschedule​ and take a time that I don't want to allow client meetings.

Almost Perfect

Overall, I've had a positive experience using Book Like a Boss and recommend it.

Pros

I use Book Like a Boss to book demos on a daily basis. Book Like a Boss works reliably, it's flexible enough to handle most scenarios, and it takes a lot of the work out of scheduling/booking, sending reminder emails, etc. The booking flow is dead simple, and it provides a lot of flexibility in setting your availability.

Cons

My biggest gripe with Book Like a Boss is that they don't really let you customize the reminder emails. Those emails are really full of content and I think the no-show rate is higher because the pertinent information isn't easy to see. If they gave you the ability to customize these emails, they'd be the perfect booking solution as far as my needs go.

My favourite calendar booking software

This has been my favourite calendar booking software because it truly helps to reflect your brand and it is very easy for the end-user (clients).

Pros

I greatly enjoy the customization, look and feel of this software - both for the administrator and for the end-user. It allows you to fully customize everything from the URL, to adding testimonials to colours and more. It has a very professional feel for the end-user and I love that it is a calendar view format.

Cons

Although there is a lot of customization options to utilize, the one thing I don't like is how the testimonials display on the front-end (ordering of name/testimonial) and there isn't much you can do about it.

Great features and functionality but steep learning curve

I bought this tool on Appsumo and so far it has proved to be crucial to booking meetings with potential clients. It is like a landing page with a lot of features.

Pros

I love all the customizations and features you have to turn your booking calendar into basically a high-performing landing page. You can add stuff like videos, testimonials, graphics, portfolio pieces, Stripe integration, etc..

Cons

It is a bit complicated to undestand all the features and tools. There is definitely a steep learning curve initially. Also, if you embed it on your website it can slow it a little bit.

Thank you so much for your review! We do pride ourselves on being easy to use and we have over 40 videos that can walk you through every step: https://booklikeaboss.com/tutorials We do like to make it feature rich though :)

Love it

Great product, great service. Love the different options and products I can have to give my clients the best experience.

Pros

My unique page and flavour I can give the page!

Cons

I have trouble getting the calendar sync with my iPhone so I never see the appointment on my phone. Also haven’t figured out yet how to customise my calendar but I saw there is a way.

Clean, Modern Up to Date User Experience

I've had great support and quick responses and enjoy using the tool. I also really appreciate the continual new features that they release on a regular basis.

Pros

I love this software! I use it myself and I recommend it to all my clients. I appreciate how easy you can setup and configure appointments along with the details available for each appt such as availability, custom fields, reminders and more. You can even identify which calendar you want an appt to go to and which calendar a specific appt should pull availability from. This is more flexibility than most of the current tools on the market.

Cons

The only thing I wish it had that it doesn't yet have is the ability to sell packages of appointments.

Useful for many different industries

There's only a couple software options available for cleaning services to take online bookings. They are either expensive or have design issues that I didn't like. Book Like a Boss has been very simple for clients to use, and I can put enough information to basically use it as a landing page. Simple, obvious, needs like sending appointment reminders are automatic here, where other services required additional money for that option.

Pros

Easy to set up Connects with my personal calendar Clients found it very simple to use Continue to update and improve

Cons

It's not always obvious to see all options you could use. Easy to get up and running, but then months later notice other things you could have added but didn't know existed. Only real negative for a cleaning company is that our offerings have to be set as complete packages instead of allowing people to customize their service - like choosing a number of bedrooms/bathrooms and have dynamic pricing.

I run my business on Book Like A Boss

As stated above, I have a professional services business (a law firm). BLAB has allowed me to free up my time so that I am no longer manually booking appointments.

Pros

I own a law firm and I offer free consultations to potential clients. I also book appointments with my current clients. I love how BLAB helps me to completely automate the scheduling of my appointments. I also like how the BLAB team has been consistently pushing out new features, providing helpful video tutorials, and responding to feedback from users in its Facebook group.

Cons

I need to be able to customize my SMS (text message) appointment reminders. The current SMS reminders are just generic reminders.

All in One Virtual Assistant and Landing Page

My overall experience has been that it provides productive management of my time and allows me to know when I'm available to my clients and to be paid directly. Also allows for free time to be managed as well and blocks my off time from view to others. In short, I absolutely LOVE IT!

Pros

The ability to sync with other calendars and also to my mobile phone, it's a mini virtual assistant and landing page in one web page. Very affordable for all that it offers and easy to use once it's learned.

Cons

Initially had to figure out how to get it to work with a stand-alone Office 365 Outlook. Had to use Google Sync to Outlook Sync application to force the sync and then push it to BLAB. Now it works and I'm happy.

Awesome Product, Increased Professional Appearance Immediately

The two main problems Book Like A Boss helped me With was the amount of time going back and forth with clients trying to find dates and time that worked for everyone. The follow up features of sending an email then a text message are amazing too. I feel just those two features save me 15-20 minutes of back and forth communications I no longer have to do myself. So happy!

Pros

My favorite benefit is the time saving scheduling clients each day! Also love the reaction people give when you share your booking/appointment calendar. For a one person business, it truly helps me stand apart from my competitors, and gives me a great first impression professionally.

Cons

Only con, is that I’m not the best with tech and parts of the set up was cumbersome. However the customer service and FAQ videos help me get through it pretty easily and haven’t had much worries once up and running.

Book Like A Boss Makes You Feel Like A Boss

This is a really great software at a great price. When you're just starting out or in the growing stages, this pretty much does everything you need. If you need to have 100% customization, you may want to look somewhere else, but BLAB will do 95% of the work in a user-friendly way.

Pros

Quick setup and fully fleshed out introductory walk through. Easily set up different kinds of meetings for different lengths, availability, and price. You can setup Book Like A Boss to check your personal calendar for your availability, so if you have something you schedule yourself somewhere else, it will not show that time slot as available for a booking. It does this automatically and it's one less thing to worry about. They give you a booking page where you can customize what your page looks like, turning elements on or off.

Cons

The reminder emails lack customization. After someone books, they only get a thank you message that displays on screen. There is no thank you page, you have to do a custom redirect to somewhere else.

Appointment and Booking Software

My overall experience with Book Like A Boss, was simply great. It has all that you need to start a profile for booking and setting up appointments for your business, all in one set up. How great is that. It keeps you organized and on time.

Pros

A great software for freelance businesses just getting off on their feet. Great beginner software to help in keeping track of all your appointments and bookings. It helps in getting you to that next level of business without all the headache. Its easy and manageable. You can put your appointments and booking in this software. It helps you to save time and money. There is a video that helps you to understand when you first start setting up the software. There is a place for payment and messaging to your clients. There is unlimiting booking and appointments.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software. Its well put together and easy to set up. Perfect name for a perfect software. You definitely feel like a boss.

Built like genius, yet easy to use

Saves me a ton of time in appointment-making. Far more powerful than Calend.ly in terms of options.

Pros

Super-powerful; out-of-the-box it handles nearly every circumstance I could want Incredible time-saving Responsive and helpful customer support Attractive UX for me (as admin) and my clients who visit Reliable integration with Google Calendar

Cons

Really it's great. I have had virtually no complaints.

Hey Boss, thanks so much for your awesome review! So happy you are enjoying it! Still more to come!

Book Like A Boss So Simple Even Your Kids Can Do It

Book Like A Boss is a must have tool. It saves tons of time setting appointments.

Pros

Book Like A Boss, also known as, BLAB, is the ultimate tool to schedule an appointment with someone. Just send your ​link to whomever you wish to have a meeting with, and they will be able to choose​ a time slot that you define. The integration with Zoom is very convenient​.

Cons

The BLAB user interface has a steep learning curve. Each time we visit the back office of the system is the start of a new search where functionality​​ is. But once set up, there is luckily not that much time needed in the back office. We do hope some user interface or user experiences change.

Simplified my life

Setup was simple and when I had an emergency due to my own hosting server they were there to walk me through getting my work shifted to their site. Great customer service. I highly recommend.

Pros

I’m an editor and work with clients all over the world. I love how easy it is to book in the right time zone. It takes the headache out of me having to double check my calendar for possible times. You can sell your service and products right on the site or just use it to book. When I or a client has to reschedule it’s a one click and done process.

Cons

The one drawback is having to be on different plan to book multiple people into the same event.

Easy for Clients and Prospects to book me from all over the world

My clients and prospects are able to book easily with me from any time zone they're in, which saves hours of time going back and forth via email to find a good time (which is how I used to do it). This has made my work and business processes simpler and it makes me look more professional as well.

Pros

Book Like a Boss enables me to book clients in a variety of different ways, for any type of call or package, and I can customize each offering easily. I also love that I can embed the booking link on my website, which provides one less step to booking a call. I can link up as many calendars as I want, which enables BLAB to block out times that I'm already busy with work or personal matters. It's just really easy to use and with the new updates, it's easier to customize to my brand as well.

Cons

I have some trouble with the embed code not working when I update a page on my website, so I copy and paste it again each time. This is a small annoyance though and I'm sure it's more the fault of Wordpress than BLAB.

The Boss (but not the replacement)!!!

I have people scheduling time with me through my BLAB link MULTIPLE times per week. It's amazing!

Pros

BLAB (as it's known) works REALLY WELL as a personal calendar. As a CEO, my time is valuable... but for certain people, I want them to have access to me. This allows for that, very easily. I also LOVE that they give you your own mini website, that more or less acts as a personal site if you want it to.

Cons

It's not built for team scheduling, and doesn't have some of the more advanced features you'd get from other apps like Calendly or ScheduleOnce. BUT... it is really good at what it does (see 'Pros')

I run my entire business from Book Like A Boss!

I delayed expanding my business for years becuase I didn't want to have to create and maintain a whole website that I didn't really need - while my clients were begging me for "somewhere" they could send people to learn about my services. I was able to do everything I wanted on Book like a Boss and had it set up and running in one afternoon.

Pros

It is easy to use and customizable, quick to set up and maintain.

Cons

none - for my service business, it is the best blend of online scheduling and sales I have found.