BookingBug Reviews

3.06/5 (17 reviews)

Dean You Lee

Sophisticated, very customisable standard emails with reasonable support

Reviewed 2015-11-18

I have been using booking bug for the past 18 months to manage 6 mobile laser tag teams for a birthday party business. I have found the system quite easy to use to start off, and it has sufficient flexibility such that now all my emails (for confirmations, cancellations, payment reminders, follow up emails for reviews etc) are all fully customised and automated. The software allows each product or service to have its own set of questions, some of which can adjust pricing on the service - really great to give clients clear bookings of the exact options they have chosen along with pricing for the option and a total price. The system has many different e payment options (paypal, banks etc) and links into Xero. It also allows resources to be booked separately to staff. It differentiates between normal bookings and events - we use the events section for online bookings for school fetes. So there is a full online booking capability, which can be used as a widget in my website. I only take online bookings for school fetes, but the system can also take bookings for all services. It has waitlists, scheduled times etc - list is quite comprehensive. So I am pretty happy with the system. There are a few issues that could be improved. 1. The system doesn't have an option for mobile services - mainly fixed address businesses. 2. The customisation of standard emails is really good, but there is no test mode 3. Sometimes the software development process can be a bit irritating - e.g. a feature to send payment reminders to clients was recently "tightened" so that only systems configured for online payments could use the payment reminder feature (irritating because I don't take online payments) Generally I have found the email support to be quite acceptable (tho there is variation between different staff), with issues acknowledged and addressed - often there is something in the system that I needed to know about in order to get an outcome. Other times, the staff have been clear that system cannot do what I wanted, but have been happy to forward the idea to development. And I have been pleasantly surprised when the ideas were actually implemented (tho this can take quite a while!). But overall, its a pretty good system that still meets most of my business needs, so I would recommend this product.

Wesley Sanders

An incredibly flexible and useful booking system

Reviewed 2016-12-14

My business is Athena Tuition, based in London, and we use BookingBug to schedule tutor interviews which we need to do all the time. Because we deal with so many, we needed some software to make it easy to organize, and chose Bookingbug. We specify the location and timings were available on and then press "invite to interview" in our software. Our customers get a link to click and book their time from among the available slots. When they book, we all get an email, and then we have reminder emails set up too. Naturally, you can edit every type of automated email response.

Pros
How flexible and powerful it is. Responsive and effective team based in London. Low cost for small business.

Cons
that it's not cheaper, though it's still quite cheap.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anna Johnston

Glitchy and terrible customer service

Reviewed 2018-11-28

Pros
Quick to set up. This box needs me to put in more text to meet minimum characters but don't have any more good points. We are now transferring our clients to a different booking software to avoid the problems.

Cons
It doesn't have the functionality that they state, and when things go wrong the customer service is terrible.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Anonymous

Great customer service!

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Ease of business administration

Pros
Customer service and care for the client is top notch! Versatile for many different fields of business.

Cons
Product is a little complicated to use, it has quite a steep learning curve at the beginning but is well worth it!

Response from BookingBug

Thank you for the review. We are delighted that the software is adding value to your business. We¿d love to delve a little more into the detail of the cons you¿ve highlighted so we can look to simplify in the future. If you¿d be interested in taking part please email marketing@bookingbug.com. Thanks.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Brittany G.

2+ years of pain and loss of revenue...

Reviewed 2016-09-14

The absolute worst system I have worked with! So not intuitive, customers were always calling me because it is very glitchy and has constant problems. Customer service is the worst and they never fixed the problems I contacted them about repeatedly. Their system says it does things that don't actually work, so I lost money and it didn't end up saving me time.

Pros
It was the only booking system at the time that did specific things I needed for my business but it was never easy or intuitive.

Cons
Very unfriendly system all around both on the backside and customer side.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Helen Foster-Turner

I don't think any effort has gone into this app for years

Reviewed 2017-06-19

Pros
There are lots of optional settings which means you can tailor your classes and what information you can capture.

Cons
The basics are so awful. Can I let my customers see all the classes that are coming up in one place on a calendar like I can? No! Can I change dates once a course is booked or modify start times? No! And don't get me started on that waste of time app. It's pointless. There doesn't appear to have been any development in the longest time. I'm sick of it and desperate to find a decent alternative that doesn't cost the earth.

Chris Harris

Easy to use and great features booking platform

Reviewed 2018-11-01

excellent software at a low monthly price, would like to see more regular updates

Pros
How easy it is to setup and control the system

Cons
The online booking widget is not responsive and therefore the guest booking system is not as good as it could be

Likelihood to recommend: 10/10

Conrad Williams

Clients thought they had made appointments but hadn't

Reviewed 2017-11-17

Pros
Depending on your business and your needs for making appointments, it is nice to have an option to have software make your appointments. I don't have to take phone calls.

Cons
I require a fifty percent deposit to book an appointment at my business. Customers would think they had made an appointment but never made it to the screen to pay the deposit. We had people showing up thinking they had paid and not having a confined appointment.

Response from BookingBug

Hi Conrad, thanks for your message.
This functionality is currently available at our platform, please contact support@bookingbug.com and our team will help you set up your account.
Thank you!

Michael Ryder

Small businesses do not seem to be a priority for them. There are better options

Reviewed 2018-06-29

Pros
Very configurable, integration with Xero before this was widely available, wide range of payment providers

Cons
Unless you do your own customisation (which appears to be their priority) the interface is off-putting for clients, GDPR implementation is defective.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Steve Kasher

Does a lot but lacks Google Analytics integration and terrible support

Reviewed 2015-04-20

I have used this product for a few years. It has some of the best customization I've seen in the booking engine space and is so far the only one I can find that can accommodate my company's particular needs. However it does not integrate with Google Analytics so we've been flying blind forever. And the just don't respond to requests for it. Very frustrating.

Nathan Glover

Overly complex

Reviewed 2016-02-11

The customer support is the worst feature of this company, they take weeks to reply or even understand your problems. I've lost countless sales as a result. Also, their gift certificate system (which I have to pay extra for) has been broken for all of January (a busy time, as people cash in their Christmas presents). Don't be tricked by all the spangly looking features, this system is way more trouble than it's worth.

Pros
Lots of customisation

Cons
Key features break Overly complex Poor customer support Customer support is poor Low quality level of customer support Badly let down by the customer support provided Needs much better customer support Get the picture yet? ;)

Klara Vanova

Best online booking site around

Reviewed 2014-04-23

The system has everything you ever need for your online bookings. And is still improving and developing. Worth your money. And if you need anything, they are here for you. Highly recommending.

DJ Eastwood

Serious, serious, serious flaw: customer privacy at risk!

Reviewed 2015-05-03

Booking Bug has an information system to document a customers booking. At the bottom of this information in a section entitled "Note". In that Note section they PUBLISH ALL of the customer's credit card information, including their security code! IT IS ACCESSIBLE WHEN ANYONE ACCESSES THIS CUSTOMERS BOOKING! This is an incredibly serious breach of every customers privacy. Unless it is changed immediately any customer would be crazy to use this service as it puts their clients financial security at serious risk.

Nathan Glover

Poor customer service, mostly unintuitive and complex interface.

Reviewed 2015-10-09

They don't offer phone support for my account, and don't bother to properly read the emails I send them, so problems can take weeks to fix, meaning I'm losing money while my booking system is broken. I've only stayed with them as long as I have as it's too much effort changing to a new system.

Andrew Lamb

Customer support terrible

Reviewed 2015-09-28

When working on the system it takes you to a blank page asking you to logout or refresh.

Steve Gurney