BookingBug Reviews

BookingBug

Simple, secure & seamless online booking for all businesses

BookingBug

Review Summary

Pros

How flexible and powerful it is. Responsive and effective team based in London.

Wesley S.

Read the full review
Excellent software at a low monthly price, would like to see more regular updates.

Chris H.

Read the full review
Easy to use and great features booking platform.

Chris H.

Read the full review

Cons

Unless you do your own customisation (which appears to be their priority) the interface is off-putting for clients, GDPR implementation is defective.

Michael R.

DJ E.

Read the full review
Serious, serious, serious flaw: customer privacy at risk.

DJ E.

3.1

Easy to use and great features booking platform

excellent software at a low monthly price, would like to see more regular updates

Pros

How easy it is to setup and control the system

Cons

The online booking widget is not responsive and therefore the guest booking system is not as good as it could be

Sophisticated, very customisable standard emails with reasonable support

I have been using booking bug for the past 18 months to manage 6 mobile laser tag teams for a birthday party business. I have found the system quite easy to use to start off, and it has sufficient flexibility such that now all my emails (for confirmations, cancellations, payment reminders, follow up emails for reviews etc) are all fully customised and automated. The software allows each product or...

Cons

Glitchy and terrible customer service

Pros

Quick to set up. This box needs me to put in more text to meet minimum characters but don't have any more good points. We are now transferring our clients to a different booking software to avoid the problems.

Cons

It doesn't have the functionality that they state, and when things go wrong the customer service is terrible.

Great customer service!

Ease of business administration

Pros

Customer service and care for the client is top notch! Versatile for many different fields of business.

Cons

Product is a little complicated to use, it has quite a steep learning curve at the beginning but is well worth it!

Thank you for the review. We are delighted that the software is adding value to your business. We¿d love to delve a little more into the detail of the cons you¿ve highlighted so we can look to simplify in the future. If you¿d be interested in taking part please email marketing@bookingbug.com. Thanks.

2+ years of pain and loss of revenue...

The absolute worst system I have worked with! So not intuitive, customers were always calling me because it is very glitchy and has constant problems. Customer service is the worst and they never fixed the problems I contacted them about repeatedly. Their system says it does things that don't actually work, so I lost money and it didn't end up saving me time.

Pros

It was the only booking system at the time that did specific things I needed for my business but it was never easy or intuitive.

Cons

Very unfriendly system all around both on the backside and customer side.

I don't think any effort has gone into this app for years

Pros

There are lots of optional settings which means you can tailor your classes and what information you can capture.

Cons

The basics are so awful. Can I let my customers see all the classes that are coming up in one place on a calendar like I can? No! Can I change dates once a course is booked or modify start times? No! And don't get me started on that waste of time app. It's pointless. There doesn't appear to have been any development in the longest time. I'm sick of it and desperate to find a decent alternative that doesn't cost the earth.

Clients thought they had made appointments but hadn't

Pros

Depending on your business and your needs for making appointments, it is nice to have an option to have software make your appointments. I don't have to take phone calls.

Cons

I require a fifty percent deposit to book an appointment at my business. Customers would think they had made an appointment but never made it to the screen to pay the deposit. We had people showing up thinking they had paid and not having a confined appointment.

Hi Conrad, thanks for your message. This functionality is currently available at our platform, please contact support@bookingbug.com and our team will help you set up your account. Thank you!

Small businesses do not seem to be a priority for them. There are better options

Pros

Very configurable, integration with Xero before this was widely available, wide range of payment providers

Cons

Does a lot but lacks Google Analytics integration and terrible support

I have used this product for a few years. It has some of the best customization I've seen in the booking engine space and is so far the only one I can find that can accommodate my company's particular needs. However it does not integrate with Google Analytics so we've been flying blind forever. And the just don't respond to requests for it. Very frustrating.

Cons

An incredibly flexible and useful booking system

My business is Athena Tuition, based in London, and we use BookingBug to schedule tutor interviews which we need to do all the time. Because we deal with so many, we needed some software to make it easy to organize, and chose Bookingbug. We specify the location and timings were available on and then press "invite to interview" in our software. Our customers get a link to click and book their time from among the available slots. When they book, we all get an email, and then we have reminder emails set up too. Naturally, you can edit every type of automated email response.

Pros

How flexible and powerful it is. Responsive and effective team based in London. Low cost for small business.

Cons

that it's not cheaper, though it's still quite cheap.

Overly complex

The customer support is the worst feature of this company, they take weeks to reply or even understand your problems. I've lost countless sales as a result. Also, their gift certificate system (which I have to pay extra for) has been broken for all of January (a busy time, as people cash in their Christmas presents). Don't be tricked by all the spangly looking features, this system is way more trouble than it's worth.

Pros

Lots of customisation

Cons

Key features break Overly complex Poor customer support Customer support is poor Low quality level of customer support Badly let down by the customer support provided Needs much better customer support Get the picture yet? ;)

Serious, serious, serious flaw: customer privacy at risk!

Booking Bug has an information system to document a customers booking. At the bottom of this information in a section entitled "Note". In that Note section they PUBLISH ALL of the customer's credit card information, including their security code! IT IS ACCESSIBLE WHEN ANYONE ACCESSES THIS CUSTOMERS BOOKING! This is an incredibly serious breach of every customers privacy. Unless it is changed immediately any customer would be crazy to use this service as it puts their clients financial security at serious risk.

Cons

Best online booking site around

The system has everything you ever need for your online bookings. And is still improving and developing. Worth your money. And if you need anything, they are here for you. Highly recommending.

Cons

Poor customer service, mostly unintuitive and complex interface.

They don't offer phone support for my account, and don't bother to properly read the emails I send them, so problems can take weeks to fix, meaning I'm losing money while my booking system is broken. I've only stayed with them as long as I have as it's too much effort changing to a new system.

Customer support terrible

When working on the system it takes you to a blank page asking you to logout or refresh.

This reviewer only left a rating