All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Checkfront Reviews

Easy to implement, great support

I take online bookings. this has increased my sales. every time i need support, i hear back fast and get the help i need.

Pros

I like that it's easy to implement, and compatible with popular booking sites

Cons

User interface could be updated for a fresher, more streamlined, modern look.

Support is quick and helpful.

Functionality

Pros

Easy to use, functional interface, nice colors, many options for views and details, seems compatible with other systems

Cons

I probably don't use half of the features, as a non-computer guy I have a hard time knowing how to navigate adding and removing content

Easy to use booking system

Pros

It looks clean. You can customise a lot of things to suit your business. And the customer service is spot on. Very knowledgeable of the product and always ready to help

Cons

We re based in australia so we get charged international fees every month

Checkfront makes bookings so easy

Excellent to use and makes bookings very easy.

Pros

I like that you can make changes if a trip tour changes by just going to the invoice and changing the tour. The deposit will be applied to the new tour. Very simple to use and send out emails.

Cons

I have noticed some cumbersome areas where I would like more flexibility but they are small compared to my enjoyment of using the program. I am very happy overall.

Great for tour business!

From the day we started it has been a wonderful experience and it is great for our company and our customers.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly for admin and for the end user. It is clean on the user side. The report capability is great. I love the easy of moving customers from one trip to a different trip and the cancellation and rain check functions have saved our day. Customer Support is spot on! They try very hard to implement function requests quickly. We love Checkfront.

Cons

The admin side can be confusing but the support is always there to walk you through.

Simple but functional

We are maximizing revenues with regards to our various amenities. This is a practical application that gives great value to the residents and owners at our facility.

Pros

User friendly for even the non tech savvy demographics. Buttons are nicely organized to allow for ease of access. As a manager, I like the options available for reports, saving in either Excel or PDF.

Cons

It would be nice to link to other sites such as Facebook.

Don't Follower!!!

Reliable, Affordable, Profitable and Customer Service is Fantastic!

Pros

Checkfront Software is much faster, more customizable, and WAY more profitable to your company than other industry choices.

Cons

Lacks small upgrades in features than others in the market.

Booking site made easy

the help service is great, very responsive. Just what every business needs. Overall the product is user friendly.

Pros

Self booking for customers & easy for staff to make bookings & see whats available.

Cons

Bit cluck if you are setting up different prices for same item

Great product BUT

Checkfront handles my every day bookings for my tour company. It's easy interface reduces the fatigue my team faces with other engines.

Pros

Ease of use Great and available customer service Cost effective Quick Reliable

Cons

The app isn't as functional as it should be

Great for SMB

It's been great, really! But I would like to push it further with some additionneal integrations

Pros

A lot of possibilities A lot of integrations Great for tourism

Cons

I've done a lot of features request but they don't seem to be release Emails are only supported with HTML... not a lot of personnalisation. Doesn't support CSS Missing integrations like Facebook ads or complete mailchimp integration (list synching)

CheckFront Review

Easy to set up and and track inventory and daily availability. This helps me integrate with my in house walkins to make sure I don't over book.

Pros

There is a lot of functionality that allows for multiple reports, and charts to track every aspect of our reservations.

Cons

I wish that it had more options in how to track daily, monthly and annual numbers for each individual reservation type.

Easy to use portal for lodging and rental reservations.

Pros

Checkfront makes setting up custom items simple. It also allows for easy communication with customers.

Cons

We often have repeat customers at our lodge and there is not a quick way to duplicate their customer information for a new booking.

Checkfront Review

I am overall satisfied with the product. It is inexpensive, however, I do have some issues in the way the Customer Service can be lengthy in responding and often will send a video link, rather then taking 10 minutes over the phone to help-out.

Pros

That it is a Canadian led company based out of Victoria.

Cons

The Customer Service can be either super on point (major koodos to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], one of your Custom Service agent) and/or lengthy and not super helpful.

Not what i expected

Have just turned to the Soho Account after 2 times of using a free account. I had contacted one of their customers and they had clearly stated that the only issue with checkfront is handling multi day tours....i thought that it wouldn't be such a problem, but trying to configure a nine day tour (i have been on it for more than 10 days, with reasonably good support from the staff), have ended up that...

Cons

Handles the customers life cycle from bookings to payments

I have a small Hotel that needs efficient customer handling, this system gives you the flexibility to set up your customer communication and what shall happen during the time from a booking until the customers checkout both on SMS and Email... This is really flexible and can messages can be triggered easily based on your need. This gives you next to nothing of work before the customer arrives and...

Pros

Easy interface, admin from the APP on the mobile, flexible customer communication and easy integration with add ons..

Cons

Nothing at the moment

Quickly fine-tuned for our needs!

Saving time and structuring work, coordinating in between team members.

Pros

Professional software, comfortable to use and easy to set-up. We don't have IT team full-time, and it was still very easy to set up. All information is in cloud and we can use a variety of platforms (web-based, apps) to share information. Email notifications that can be tuned are great.

Cons

We are a small scale, but growing hospitality business and we're missing the feature of assigning rooms to customers and having it all visible on a dedicated dashboard.

Great system however even better customer service

We have been using Checkfront for some time now and the two main areas we consider priority, Stability and Customer Service are second to none. They are always fast to respond and support when needed. I will be continuing to use Checkfront over the coming years providing they continue developing the platform. Thank you

Pros

Customer service is fantastic Reliable platform

Cons

Missing some basic options and functionality

Happy user

Overall very good, can’t credit Checkfront more. Their support team helped me get my system operational & have even called me several times from (O/S) when I’ve had issues that I can’t fix myself & are urgent.

Pros

Easy of use once I had became familiar with the system.

Cons

Customers cant complete bookings using iPhones mobiles, as The Checkfront system keeps jumping around.

Simple to use

Pros

It’s ease of use and how fast new staff can learn how to use it.

Cons

It would be nice to have the option to ad wavers with out jumping up to the higher price point.

Professional

I have a small business and operate it myself and need to automate everything I can to have Time for other tasks and Checkfront help me with that.

Pros

It is very stable and the integration with Wordpress is fantastic. Flexible time management and email responder. I no longer need to spend time with customers in the phone because they do everything online and I get a notification when a booking is made.

Cons

I would like to see a addition where I can setup 1/2 hour booking as of now it is only possible to book whole hours

Great tool for bookings and renting out equipment

We use Checkfront to manage the sports and hiking equipment that the University lends out to students. We utilize most features of Checkfront except for the features relating to accepting payments, since we are a free service. It is a great tool for managing inventory and bookings.

Pros

Great overview of both inventory and bookings. Easily customizable. Large number of features available. Good knowledgebase available.

Cons

Some features can be hard within the menus, especially some fields for entering translations for the menu you are currently working on.

Checkfront is a great booking tool for our business (transportation company)

Overall its a great product with amazing customer service!

Pros

I like the functionality and how seamless it integrates into our website and payment gateway. Our customers find it easy to use. The reporting features are also a big plus.

Cons

I wish I could customize a couple things, but overall it works really well.

Checkfront as booking tool for start-up activity provider

Really positive - very easy to work with

Pros

Ease of use in terms of product build - very user-friendly

Cons

Back end API integrations - getting there though

Customer Support has Dropped.Off so much-extremely disappointed/frustrated

Originally Checkfront was excellent with customer support and now it's response time is 3 DAYS to get a response. There are much better biking systems available that are more user friendly and cutting edge with features. They don't answer phone calls anymore and all trouble shooting needs to be done solely thru email back & forth-give me a break there's only so much that can be don via email. They told me that I should upgrade mu plan to a higher monthly price for the phone support & "better" customer support. Had typically hibernated the account in the winter & kept account open & have been paying year round. Extremely disenchanted with the service. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE TO BLOW CUSTOMERS OFF--how UNPROFESSIONAL!!

Cons

Hi Nicole, We are so sorry to hear that you are frustrated with our Support department. We do offer different levels of support at each pricing tier, but we also do our very best to not enforce these limits while our support volumes are low, and it is not affecting our ability to serve other customers. The last thing we want is for you to feel disappointed and frustrated. We always strive to create the best possible support experience and regret we have failed you in this. Our Support Manager Chris will reach out to you to see what we can do to improve your experience!

A Lot Better Than What I used to Use!

see above.

Pros

Ease of use is probably the biggest thing for me. It is simple and for the most part intuitive.

Cons

There are some obvious lapses. For example the app is nice but it is impossible to call the client from the app? Tech Support touted this as a great idea (seemed obvious to me) and that's been weeks. A simple bit of code is all it would take but they are completely unresponsive. When you use the app to charge a credit card there is no way to tell if it actually went through. There is no way to add credit cards at the dock. These are really simple things that would make it so much better. I emphasize simple things . Overall I am quite happy with the product overall. I've written at least 3 support requests that were never responded to. Seems like telephone support is the only way to go.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.