DaySmart Appointments Logo

4.1

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.31/10

Reviews by rating

It has been a great scheduling tool for our small office. Overall we are pleased with it and the service reps have been very helpful.
I am continually impressed with the ease of use and the customer service that I receive. I don't think I have come across a better group of people to deal with in any of my business transactions.
Nice interface and a much better user experience since recent updates. The making of appointments by call center has greatly improved with regards to the process involved.
Horrible customer service response. We had to convert our system and the process was corrupted from the beginning and no real effort was made on their end to clean it up.
Coding overcharges in POS and the President refused to make right. Randomly charges clients credit cards when not supposed to (very upset clients who think you are purposely overcharging them).
Currently we are mostly frustrated with the text reminder system. It is sending out texts to deleted appointments or old clients.

RN

Robert N.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

5 Stars Plus

Pros

We’ve been using AppointmentPlus for several years now. They had a glitch in a release about a year ago, but since then the system has been outstanding. They seem to really care about their clients and about continually improving their system. Every interaction we’ve had with customer service has been pleasant and fast. We are a very happy client.

Cons

As I noted, they had a release in early 2017 that caused some slowness in the system. But they fixed the issue quickly and ever since that time, the releases have been fine.

Robert, thank you for the review and the positive kudos! Yes, we did encounter an issue with a release about a year ago. And, as a result, we really focused on improving the software release process. As you noted, I’m happy to report that we’ve received excellent feedback on our releases since that time. Thank you for also spotlighting our customer service team as being pleasant and fast. We definitely strive to provide an exceptional customer service experience for our clients. We appreciate the excellent review!

MD

Matanda D.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Best scheduler I've found

Pros

We've had trouble finding the right scheduling system. We tested a number of them, but settled on AppointmentPlus. The main reason is that it has more configurability for our complex scheduling process. They had a trainer help us get it set up. That was free, which was pretty cool. Once it was up and going, we've had very few questions. It has been very reliable. We're happy customers. The Good News: -Configurable - lots of settings and rules -Intuitive - easy to work with appointments and run reports -Training - I thought it was great that we had a real person training us

Cons

Looks - the interface looks a little dated, but it works just fine. This is why I only gave 4 stars on features.

AD

ANTHONY D.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

ONE OF MY BIGGEST MISTAKES

very dissatisfied, I'm in a tough spot as we cannot just cancel our service & move on. I now have to look for another company and transition away from this platform as they impact to our business is too much to continue this relationship.

Pros

I liked everything they told me the software would do, the customization, the sync with outlook. the email notifications

Cons

during the sales call it appeared they would provide much of the functionality we needed for scheduled our internal appointments. However, piece by piece they started to chip away at the functionality that the software could provide. Outlook integrations didn't work, Customization was limited due to how the account was setup just to name a few. They apologized... Fine, we found a work around of all...

Hi Anthony. It would be an understatement to say that it was painful to read your review. You sound very frustrated. We failed you and I apologize for that. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I appreciate it.

JH

Jennifer H.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Could Not Be Happier

Pros

The AppointmentPlus system has been a welcomed addition to our busy office. We use it for job candidate screening call scheduling. It has saved me countless hours of having to go back and forth in trying to find a time to schedule. The system is well-designed and easy to use. I also like the automated email reminders I get. Overall, I couldn’t be happier with the system.

Cons

I can’t really think of any cons. Customer service is outstanding and the system exceeds our expectations

Jennifer, we appreciate the 5-star review! Yes, having to go back-and-forth in trying to find a date and time that works is a big time-waster. I’m happy to hear that AppointmentPlus has solved this problem for your organization. It makes us happy that you couldn’t be happier!

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Great Way to Keep Track of Students

Pros

Used this software in our tutoring department at college, it was a great software that all the tutors could use to make appointments for students, it allowed us to filter tutors available by time and subject making it easy to find the best time and tutor for the students needs.

Cons

It was often a little difficult to combine appointments during the same hour time slot.

Thank you for the positive review! I see that you use AppointmentPlus for tutoring appointments. We work with both small tutoring companies and with some of the largest universities in the world. I'm happy that you like the flexibility that AppointmentPlus offers with regard to tutor schedules, subjects and student tracking!

YB

Yasmin B.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

It's just ok.

Customer service is friendly.

Pros

It allows employees to set up an appt.It allows me to go in and set up appts. from the appt. that they set up on-line.

Cons

It does not allow the appt. made in DaySmart be uploaded to your Outlook Calendar. I still have to go in and set up the appt. there. I want the appt. that the employee sets up on-line to be uploaded to my outlook calendar. This is really a pain. I've only been working for Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools for 6 m0nths.

CA

Candy A.

Needs improvement

We have to depend on it. When it goes down it cripples our day. Would like to see improvements in the areas I mention and overall quickness in saving. When we save something we have to wait for the screen to feed down, before we can use it again.

Pros

I like the layout and different options. The color coding is nice.

Cons

Just need to make it to where we can move whole days from one assessor to the next and dates from one date to the next instead of having to go into each one and wait for it to save. Also would be nice to see past, current and next month's calendars on the left instead of just the current, so we don't have to click between months before we can select a day.

TM

Thomas M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Been an admin for over 10 years

Been a user since 2010 and haven't looked back. Been very helpful with keeping appts for my clients.

Pros

Ease of use and helpful for customers accountability.

Cons

Cost going up. Wish cost could go down a bit.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Makes scheduling much more efficient!

Although I really enjoy the color-coding and ease of google calendar, AppointmentPlus' front-facing feature makes my job so much easier because clients can book and cancel their own appointments by creating a username and login. The amount of messages in our business inbox has decreased significantly since we started using AP, which has been a huge time saver.

Pros

The override feature was very useful for being able to set a front-facing max, but gave the back-end users the option to schedule additional persons when necessary.

Cons

Takes a long time to sync with google calendar if you are creating recurring sessions for several months. Does not sync with google calendar if you are creating a past event.

We agree that AppointmentPlus makes scheduling much more efficient! Thank you for the review and the kudos on the software. The override feature is a powerful way to control the availability your customers see while providing internal staff the flexibility to book as needed. You pointed out that the Google sync feature can be slow if syncing a lot of recurring sessions. You'll be happy to know that we've completely redesigned our Google sync. It's now much faster and much more powerful. Check it out when you have a moment. We think you'll like it. Thank you again for the kind words and positive review.

Tw

Trude w.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

DaySmart/Appt plus

Pros

Parents are able to easily make appts. Technicians can find and print their own appts.

Cons

Lack of printing the entire calendar for the day/week.

SG

Sara G.

I have had better experiences with other scheduling software. This software has many issues.

This has been the scheduling software since I started here, but we are strongly considering a different company.

Pros

I like that you can look at a main page to see if there is a site-wide problem and the amount of time they expect it to be resolved in, versus making a phone call for your first step.

Cons

The software just doesn't work sometimes. Trying to change provider schedules, canceling or booking appointments... it either goes through the whole process and nothing changes, or it gives a reason (that should not be a reason at all) why the software won't allow for the request. For example, when trying to open a provider's schedule last week so she can work an extra day, after pressing 'update' to the new schedule, it will tell me an entirely different day must be changed for some other purpose, when I'm not dealing with that day at all. Hard to explain without showing it. But there are a lot of bugs that need to be worked out.

Sara, thanks for sharing your thoughts. In reading your review, it sounds like you're feeling frustrated with the system. With regard to the item you noted, that indeed was a known issue and has subsequently been resolved. I see that you run a massage clinic. We have hundreds of massage clinics using AppointmentPlus. We have a lot of features that suit massage therapists quite well, from room sharing to unlimited customer notes to payment processing. Many of our massage therapy clients have been with us for years. Thank you again for submitting the review. I apologize for your frustration.

SS

Samar S.

Building Materials, 1,001-5,000 employees

Expectations are not being met

Pros

Offers easy to use online scheduling tool for customers. You are able to access from anywhere. Lots of different functions and customizing available

Cons

Every time there is an update to the system a lot of stuff goes wrong. The team responsiveness is not what it could be. A lot of times you are informed one thing, and then the opposite by support staff. It is not very easy to navigate through the system.

Samar, thank you for the review. In the past, we indeed have had some issues arise after doing software releases. When this happens, however, we always handle the issues as top priorities and generally have them resolved within minutes. We've also continued to make improvements to our software update process. We've added additional review steps and a more stringent sign-off process. You...

Excellent appointment reminder! Will help you stay organized

I got the benefit of organization and never forgetting an appointment.

Pros

I am someone who likes to stay organized. Having a great software to help me remember when to meet with students I am tutoring or when to go to business meetings for my freelance clients, when I have doctor appointments, etc. really helps me out. I have a busy schedule and can forget important appointments without this software! It is easy to use and fairly intuitive. It is also cloud-based, which helps me in case I don't have my computer or phone.

Cons

It has a bit of a learning curve. It took some trial and error to perfect use. Customer service is there to help, however.

Thank you for your review of the system. It sounds like you are a tutor. We have hundreds of tutors who use AppointmentPlus. I'm glad the software helps keep you organized with your busy schedule. And yes, the fact that it's cloud-based does make it convenient because you can access your account anywhere at any time. With regard to your comment about the learning curve, it's true. Like most software systems, it takes a little while to get the hang of using the system. But, once you are used to it, it's easy. And, as noted, our customer service team is always ready to help. Thank you again for the excellent review!

LE

Lystra E.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Don't Waste your time

Pros

they send out reminders to customers when they have an appointment.

Cons

This system was clunky when I implemented it 6 years ago but I pushed through hoping that they would have some updates instead the company has gotten worst without the features getting any better. I am currently looking for a new system. Please don't waste your time or money they charge for everything even the ability to contact customer service via phone (which sometimes they don't answer and you have to wait fir a call back) otherwise the free customer service is by email only and can take up to 4 days for a response.

Hi Lystra. I'd like to offer my sincere apologies at the difficulties you've experienced with our software. We pride ourselves on top-notch customers service and I am truly sorry that is not what you have experienced. We will continue to make improvements to avoid glitches. Thank you for you review.

VR

Valerie R.

No Response from Customer Support

A couple of months ago Appointment plus did maintenance which then stopped our paperwork from being able to be printed from the website. It took a few weeks for them to say someone was ontop of it, but then after a week more they told us the problem was resolved. Lo and behold the problem was not resolved. 18 days ago I sent them this letter: "We have been patient with the issues we've been having...

RW

Raymond W.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

It's not just about pending appointments

Prior to using AppointmentPlus, I kept my appointments in a day planner and would have to communicate those to the office via email or phone call so they could record them on their end. If I didn't do so promptly, we would end up with duplicate bookings and need to call and reschedule one of the clients. Additionally, the communication about clients' reasons for appointment changes has increased with this platform.

Pros

While the obvious scheduling features are essential, the thing I liked best was the record keeping. I am easily able to look back and see the appointment history of each individual client. All kept, missed and cancelled appointments are captured. Since I had a support staff who collaborated with me in scheduling and rescheduling, the notes that can be attached to each entry allow for clear understanding of where I stand with each client.

Cons

The mobile app was my least favorite feature. In fairness, it has been many months since I have last looked at it and newer updates might have made it more desirable. My feeling was that, even on my phone, I was better off accessing AppointmentPlus via a web browser.

MC

Meghan C.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

Adaptable, Creative, and Friendly Support Team

I work on one-off projects where I often look to A+ to be utilized slightly differently than the needs of our core business. I love working with the Appointments Plus team because of how friendly and creative their support team has been in helping me accomplish my project goals while keeping the foundation of the integration with our system. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular has been on-point, prompt, helpful, and strategic in the support he offers to our account.

Pros

Easy, seamless and intuitive to use. A+, A+.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say.

Thanks for the review, Meghan. We're proud to serve your 2000+ Firestone Complete Auto Care Centers. It has been a true partnership. Thank you for the kind words about our Support Team. We take pride in what we do and are always happy to help.

GC

Greg C.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Try something else.

See above.

Pros

The idea behind the software was great. When it works it's awesome. Too bad it's getting less and less often.

Cons

Servers are frequently overloaded and software stalls out. Bugs frequently corrupt the database. For example...we opened the software and every single clients dogs were changed to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] . We had to change EVERY SINGLE entry one at a time. That took several days. A week later it did the same thing. During peak use time, we have customers standing at the counter waiting to be checked out because the software is VERY slow to respond. Customer service leaves much to be desired. We have to call weekly for issues and are on hold for up to an hour sometimes. We are currently looking for a repkacement.

SL

Shanley L.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Apt Plus Review

We use appointment plus to schedule candidates for interviews. It would be great if this product could link in with outlook email for scheduling appointments.

Pros

The product is easy to use if you have received training.

Cons

Some features are hard to find. If someone did not receive training on the product they would not be able to figure out how to use it on their own.

Thanks for the review, Shanley. Yes, we do provide training and setup assistance to all of our clients. It's something that our clients really like about AppointmentPlus because it saves them so much time. With regard to your note on Outlook, we do provide Outlook integration. I'll have someone reach out to you to show you how it works.

Thomas S.

10,001+ employees

Appointment Plus Delivers!

The website is very powerful, so there is a bit of a learning curve, but that's a small price for the complete functionality of this powerful tool. We've used it for many different applications, and it never fails to impress and deliver. The best part is the customer service. Always warmly professional.

Pros

The MANY different functions it has. Every scenario seems to have been thought of.

Cons

The only thing that would be nice is if it weren't so complicated and had so many questions to toggle. However, that's what makes it so powerful, so I can't be too concerned. Plus, if I run into a situation I can't figure out, I just email and receive a response or call back with the answer I need.

NC

Nicole C.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Enjoy the product!

Very good. Especially the customer service - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been fantastic.

Pros

Doesn't require a lot of screens for either the student or advisor to use . Students have not complained that it is complicated.

Cons

No synching with Outlook. Requires me to look at both programs to coordinate my schedule.

Hi Nicole. Thank you for submitting a review. Yes, we've designed the system to be quick to book and quick to look up information. We actually do have an Outlook Sync. You may not be aware of it. I'll have a team member reach out to you to show you how it works. Thank you for the kind words about our customer service. :)

RS

Raylene S.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Three Year AppointmentPlus User

There was a learning curve for me using the program. I am not a "tech" person. However, I have come to depend on the program. It has saved me hours of working doing tutor scheduling by hand. It has also cut out about 90% of "no shows" and missed appointments.

Pros

Scheduling is easy and an e-mail goes directly to the tutor, the student, and the administrator.

Cons

We hire a lot of tutors each semester and it takes a lot of time to set up schedules and locations. I wish it could give me a notice when tutors have reached a maximum number of hours they can work. For example: our Federal Work Study tutors can only work 8-10 hrs. a week. I have to watch this carefully.

CT

Courtney T.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Overall a very good experience with the product.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use. I also really like the mobile capabilities so that we can all stay coordinated even when our techs are out in the field.

Cons

I think the user interface can be a little challenging. the settings can sometimes be unclear and changing the setup or technician names isn't easy.

Courtney, thank you for the review. You mentioned the excellent mobile capabilities of the system. Our iOS and Android apps provide a fast and easy view into the system. They allow staff to book, change and cancel appointments easily from their smartphones. Thanks for pointing that out, and thank you again for the review!

BV

BJ V.

Perfect

Pros

So easy to keep up with appointments for all of our different departments that we run. Great that our drivers can log into it as well and keep up with what they have for the day and even make the office notes.

Cons

I have no complaints at all with this program. We don't use it to its fullest so no complaints for what I do use.

BJ, thank you for the review. I'm happy to hear that AppointmentPlus is working so well for your business. We've designed it to make multi-department or multi-location operations more efficient. I see that you indeed have multiple departments. Thank you again for the stellar review!

CJ

Casey J.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Makes keeping up with multiple schedules so much easier.

Pros

We have multiple technicians that work in different areas and this makes it so much easier to schedule and keep up with who is doing what. And the technicians can sign in from the cell phones and make notes and see what else has been scheduled.

Cons

Casey, we appreciate the 5-star review and the 10/10 likelihood to recommend AppointmentPlus to another company. As you noted, the system works really well for businesses that have multiple calendars. We've designed it so that you can quickly and easily manage many staff schedules all at the same time. Thank you again for the excellent review!