eDirectory Logo

Directory and membership management software

eDirectory Reviews

Suggested alternatives

brilliant-directories
wild-apricot
membership-integrity-system

The impressive qualities of eDirectory are numerous. I loved the rating system, the various ways you can add value to the customer while creating multiple revenue streams.
For someone building a straight forward directory like me, with little technical experience, this is a great site to use. There aren't any great alternatives.
But I was very impressed with everything I saw in the demo, the sales person was great, and I'm excited to move forward and create my directory.
I would not waste time or money with this shady company. Very disgusted with the outcome and waste of time and resources.
If I could give them zero starts I would and next steps for me is to file with better business bureau and I am filing a complaint against the company for fraud.
I've struggled with two issues so far, both of which I knew about going in. One is the lack of documentation.

Paul N.

President

Investment Management, 1-10 employees

Great, Easy to Use Product

Transcript

Paul: Hey, my name is Paul. I'm the president of my organization. I rate eDirectory a five. And for more...

SS

Simos S.

My experience with eDirectory software

If you are seriously thinking about making some money through a directory site, then you should seriously consider using eDirectory.

Pros

I have searched a lot before deciding to choose eDirectory for cypruslikethis.com. I has proved that my choice has been spot on. This software is really more than just a directory. Implementation has been long since I have done a lot of customizations to the software, but even with this the team that has been assigned to me managed to do everything I have asked from them. People with highly technical skills indeed. Something very important: after the completion of the customizations I have had all the support I needed for fixing any bugs or making any necessary adjustments to the software.

Cons

eDirectory is a serious piece of software, packed with lots of features. It should satisfy the needs of many as is. However, if you require to customize the software, you should be very clear on what you like to change/adjust and test the results yourself as well.

JD

Jaoana D.

Excellent Directory

Look at the demo. If it's got what you want, buy it.

Pros

During the last year we have looked at, purchased or spent time working with at least a half dozen software directories. We have hired programmers in the U.S., India, Hong Kong and the Eastern Block in the hope they could make these directories work. It has been incredibly costly and time consumming. The frustration meter was perpetually in the red zone. eDirectory appeared to have most of what...

Cons

We don't have any.

JL

Jay L.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Buggy Product, Unresponsive Support

Run as far as possible if you need any assistance for the product, aka you cannot fix their bugs for them.

Pros

1. Built-in mobile apps builder. 2. Seemingly complete suite of features.* 3. Powerful search engine. *Most features look useful until you realise they are half-baked.

Cons

1. Incredibly unresponsive support that takes a day to WEEKS to reply, if they even bother to. Even when they do reply, the problem often requires dozens of correspondence before we get anywhere. Yes, that means weeks to months of communication without solving anything. 2. Insane amount of bugs and they take forever to fix. 3. Updates happen once every forever. 4. Insanely expensive for extremely poor experience. 5. Require root access and taxes server resources.

Hello Jay. I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty with the project and the communication that wasn't in the expected timely fashion. I want to let you know that most of the issues you faced are already resolved and the fix for the others will be released shortly. We stand behind our development and support services and we are very sorry you got the wrong impression about us. Feel free to reach out directly if you have any further questions or comments. Thanks for your comprehension and for staying with us. Emerson Travaglini - Marketing Manager (emerson.travaglini@eDirectory.com)

MW

Muhammad Waqar A.

A very comprehensive directory service offering

We have just purchased the license for the eDirectory taking benefit of the current tax season offer. We were evaluating business directory solutions since last few months and eDirectory seems a best fit to address our current and near future requirements. The sleek design features with modern look and feel really inspired us and user experience was a key factor for us to be considered. The most interesting features that inspired us include the backend admin functionality offered for various stakeholders. The software still needs to be installed in our hosting platform however we are very confident that it would help us to achieve all the expected business objectives.

Cons

Hi Muhammad, thank you for reviewing eDirectory. We really appreciate your honest feedback. Our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit www.support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

AM

Andrew M.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Ease of use is outstanding

It does not get any easier than this. Make a call, send an email, and get a response fast. The support at eDirectory is outstanding.

Pros

So easy to configure and use.

Cons

Have to have tech support for custom modifications.

Hey Andrew! Thanks for your honest review of eDirectory. We really appreciate your feedback and our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. And when your needs get bigger we have some awesome options in our Mod Store, check it out: edirectory.com/directory-mod-store. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

RP

Reto P.

Textiles, 11-50 employees

Looks good at first, but turns out to be VERY inflexible

Frustrating

Pros

The User Experience is simple and intuitive

Cons

Once you want to start building an actually working directory a lot of problems arise: 1. It is VERY inflexible; i cant even change font colors properly, cant force clear cache, cant display a list of all listings on the "listings" page 2. Everything is taking ages; connecting name servers, uploading SSL certificates, importing data. All of this is taking days. Their response is "due to increased...

DP

Dino P.

1-10 employees

Purchase eDirectory

Over all the sales cycle was a very good one. I have been thinking about purchasing this for about 3 years and you kept me in the loop every step of the way.

Pros

Professional, current look and feel with great admin tools.

Cons

None yet.

Hello Dino! Thanks for your honest review of eDirectory. We really appreciate your feedback and our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. And when your needs get bigger we have some awesome options in our Mod Store, check it out: edirectory.com/directory-mod-store. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

KD

Ken D.

Continual Upgrades and Improvements

I have been familiar with the e-directory software for several years. I have witnessed how the company has continually improved the software and added features and site management. We have referred many clients as well as use the software ourselves. I am most excited to see the add-on modules. The company has been proactive in listening to the feedback of it's users to develop improvements and upgrades.

Cons

Hi Ken, thanks for your honest review of Directory. We really appreciate your feedback over the years and our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit www.support.edirectory.com or e-mail us suggestions anytime at support@eDirectory.com. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

Investment Management,

Great, Easy to Use Product

Able to build a site quickly

Pros

Cons

Can't think of any serious cons. Maybe it is a little inflexible, but that's how they are able to make it easy to use.

Akash R.

Many questions answered

I'm new to this directory website business so I had many questions about how to get it started. The representative helped me with any questions that I had about their products and even made time for a phone call and demo of the product online. Now I feel confident that this product will help me grow my business.

Cons

Hey Akash, thank you for reviewing eDirectory. We really appreciate your honest feedback. Our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. To learn more about our software feel free to visit www.support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

JF

Jo F.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

All in all a rip off

Pros

I do like the fact it does what it says, it's a fairly basic directory system. Unfortunately what I liked about it, which was that the software was frequently updated and improved, I could not get. This means I am stick with an old out of date system.

Cons

The software is incredibly buggy. The custom development is of exceptionally poor quality and also the customisation team provide lazy and dishonest their quotations. They also did not provide me with the critical information that I would not be allowed upgrades if I had any custom development done. For me to get the upgrades I would need to pay more that I originally paid for my orginal customisations. They also wanted to pay AGAIN for upgrades I commissioned that were part of my orginal customisations. It is certainly not value for money. The eDirectory team care little for your actually requirements or you as an individual, they only care to make a quick buck. I would avoid where possible.

WM

Weerapat M.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

Very easy to use and powerful

I have used and play around with it now for about a week and what I've done so far is going well. I don't need to ask theme much how to do, as it's very easy to use, but there are a few things I have to modify and customize it to meet my personal requirement, and wait for their supports, so far so good!

Pros

Functional

Cons

content display in mobile version

Hey Weerapat! Thanks for your honest review of eDirectory. We really appreciate your feedback and our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

DC

David C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Easy setup - Great software!

Overall, very smooth after payment. Very professional results. So far, great experience and I highly recommend.

Pros

High quality, easy to use, responsive support

Cons

None yet, just started

Hi David! Thanks for your honest review of eDirectory. We really appreciate your feedback and our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. And when your needs get bigger we have some awesome options in our Mod Store, check it out: edirectory.com/directory-mod-store. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

TH

Tredesha H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

New Customer Review

I find that i have been able to navigate and learn how to use the software with relative ease. The support team has been great

Pros

Back end is relatively easy to use

Cons

former features missing and support site is not up to date with tutorials

Hi Tredesha! Thanks for your honest review of eDirectory. We really appreciate your feedback and our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

TF

Todd F.

Very happy to have found e Directory!

Everything I was trying to create and more is already done! I wanted not to like it, telling myself I could do better, but when its right its right. Payment gateways, SEO, client login, and customization and more! Great customer service from Daniel, and once I saw how I could customize eDirectory to suit my needs and taste, it was a no brainier. Thank you eDirectory!

Cons

Hi Todd, thank you for reviewing eDirectory. We really appreciate your honest feedback. We are really happy to know eDirectory is the perfect fit for you! Our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit www.support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. A big big big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

CW

Chris W.

Starting out

I'm not an extremely competent IT person.. I know enough to get around, and edirectory is perfect for me. Everything in the dashboard logically makes sense, and anything I'm not sure about, the support team have helped me with. We're on different timezones and they still bend over backwards for me. I'm looking forward to launching my site soon!

Cons

Hi Chris, thanks for reviewing eDirectory. We really appreciate your honest feedback. We are continuously improving our support materials and our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit www.support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

SK

Said K.

One of the best directory solutions available

I've known eDirectory since about ten years now. Even though I was reluctant to buy at first, the many options the solutions offer and the ease of administration is unmatched by other available internet directories available in my opinion. The mobile app integration is what persuaded me to give this solid solution a try.

Cons

Hi Said, thank you for reviewing eDirectory. We really appreciate your honest feedback. Our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit www.support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

CB

Chuck B.

What features most inspired you to choose eDirectory.com?

Of all the many directory solutions I've found online, I like eDirectory of their flexibility in regards to customization, the ability to have virtually any page or functionality associated with the directory customized and the long standing history that the developers have in the directory marketplace.

Cons

Hi Chuck, thank you for reviewing eDirectory. We really appreciate your honest feedback. Our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit www.support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

AV

Anthony V.

The software is very intuitive and easy to navigate.

The customer support and videos are very good. I'm looking to add many additional features from the mod store.

Cons

Hey Anthony! Thanks for your honest review of eDirectory. We really appreciate your feedback and our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. And when your needs get bigger we have some awesome options in our Mod Store, check it out: edirectory.com/directory-mod-store. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

PM

Peter M.

Software review

Easy interface and most items are straight forward, except the explanation of a few important items are missing.. For example, I didn't know what a "claim" was. Also, "deals" we're not clearly defined. A few other items as well.

Cons

Hi Peter, thank you for reviewing eDirectory. We really appreciate your honest feedback. Our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit www.support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

JL

Jon L.

Brand new customer

Impressed with the detail built into the product and flexibility it gives me for designing my website.

Cons

Hi Jon, thanks for this honest review of eDirectory. We really appreciate your feedback. Our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. For more features, check out all available Mod Items on http://www.edirectory.com/directory-mod-store/ and feel free to visit www.support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

EB

Edward B.

Great looking software

I have.not had the directory software long enough to review. I initially chose this product because of the search box ease of use. I also like the phone app feature.

Cons

Hi Edward, thank you for reviewing eDirectory. We really appreciate your honest feedback. Our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit www.support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

SC

Simon C.

Professional eDirectory

We bought the enterprise plan recently. So far, the customers service is really good. They reply to all out inquiries very fast.

Cons

Hi Simon, thank you for reviewing eDirectory. We really appreciate your honest feedback and our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit www.support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

CA

Chinedu A.

Overall usage.

Though am still very new with the software, but the support is helping me a lot to cope.

Cons

Hi Chinedu, thank you for reviewing eDirectory. We really appreciate your honest feedback and our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit www.support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.

CR

Cesar R.

Great Platform

I highly recommend this platform, price vs features it really make sense.

Cons

Hi Cesar, thank you for reviewing eDirectory. We really appreciate your honest feedback. Our team is always ready to help you achieve your online goals with eDirectory.com. Feel free to visit www.support.edirectory.com or e-mail us anytime at support@eDirectory.com. A big thank you from the eDirectory.com team.