Event Tech Suite Reviews

Event Tech Suite

Online platform for content management & event registration

Event Tech Suite

Review Summary

Pros

I can tell he has a genuine appreciation for the product and is hands down an excellent asset My Custom Event.

Peyton R.

Enjoyed working with staff as customer service with everyone I came into contact with was over the top. Was so exciting to see very professional software/website on my small company budget.

William M.

Very creative and willing to add any feature you need. Overall great product, good value and ease of use for registration, crm, and overall excellent management tool.

Robin R.

Cons

If you are seeking a registration program to simplify your life, don't hesitate. There is no intimidation factor here, as the staff will walk you through everything and support you all the way.

Jenny S.

We had many obstacles to overcome and customization that was required to meet our needs. Configio was able to do just that.

Cecelia W.

4.7

Love this product - no other system gives you the flexibility and control

Pros

Super easy to use, tutorial videos are great. Live support is unmatched.

Cons

After one year of use, we have nothing we would change at this point

'All-in-One' robust platform with responsive customer service

Configio has allowed our young organization to both streamline basic functions (such as email communications, event management, and webstore), as well as begin to grow into other functions and processes (such as learning management systems) within the same webspace. Customer service is very responsive and friendly, and development required for customized functions has been very detailed, straightforward, responsive to sprint changes, and delivered on time (if not sooner) than promised. I typically hesitate to give any company top ratings in all categories, but Configio is head of the class in every case.

Pros

- Responsive and Friendly Customer Service - Price - Obvious desire and strive at all levels of the company to know and meet the customer's needs - Customization ability to brand and structure your products and processes as you see fit - Regular updates with new features that incorporate customer feedback

Cons

- The learning curve for Configio is daunting at first, but you soon realize that each different piece functions similarly in process to the others. Most everything, once learned, can be applied to other features. After the initial training session and some time spent on your own, this 'con' is non-existent. - At times it's difficult to know where to look for certain options, but that's only because of how robust the system is; regardless, options are laid out as straightforward as possible, with minimal 'clicks' to get to what you need. Additionally, the knowledge base is extensive and customer service is always happy to direct you to what you need if/when you're unable to find what's needed in the help documentation.

Lots of features but customizing beyond that is difficult

We're using Configio as a portal to allow easy signup for classes and events at our company.

Pros

It allows us to a lot of valuable things with handling event details and customizing the user and admin experience, but integrating with our services has been a pain

Cons

If their out-of-the-box solution works for you, then you'll have a great time. But if you want them to add features or even if you want to use features (for example the Configio API) extensively that they apparently don't get much use from, then you'll have lots of trouble. It takes months to get any contracting work done from them, and they miss basic considerations that we were upfront about when we signed on with this product. Most of the UI customization is available just through hundreds of checkboxes - not an ideal interface.

Stellar Service, Above and Beyond Product Experience, Amazing Solutions, Great Price

When we decided to update and redo our website several months ago we had no idea what a mess it was going to become. We started with a well-branded website company and after investing more than a month of design/build time we realized that we had been misleading by the firm and that they could not provide the outcome, functionality, or support we required for our new site. We had to start completely...

Pros

Everything! The ability to have everything I need to run my business in one place. Order and Event tracking, big data, CRM, Email marketing, analytics, you name it.

Cons

It was a bit overwhelming when I first started learning it, but you soon realize that it is set up to be user-friendly and after a few days it all starts to make sense. I find my self-navigating so easily now and everything makes sense.

They had a great solution for our complex class registration needs

My organization, a large community hospital, had a need to provide online registration for all kinds of classes, seminars, screenings, and continuing education events. Some of these are ongoing, such as monthly childbirth classes. Others are one-day events, such as heart screenings. These events draw people of all ages, including a significant population of people who don't use email. Figuring out...

Pros

It has a way to manage every registration "curve" we've thrown at it.

Cons

This is not a "con," but be aware that it does take some time to learn the software, although with terrific training and support.

One Stop Software!

After an extensive 5 year search I was introduced to Configio. It's a one stop shop for companies that are looking to consolidate various business software programs into one robust system. One of the best aspects of Configio is their customer and technical support team! Unlike some software companies, Configio is always available and open to suggestions on how to make improvements. I couldn't recommend a better software program for your business!

Pros

One stop shop to address all my company's software needs.

Cons

I would like to see improvements to make the software more user friendly. The challenge of being able to tackle so many software components is a task within itself. However the design elements of creating product forms / lists / etc. have to be more straight forward so that a 5 year old could figure it out. My suggestions would be a step by step method on building products and addressing various features.

Lots of options

Their customer support is top notch and willing to help, walk you through, and assist in setting things up. The Unfortunate part is that they are needed to do these things, because the system is hard to navigate.

Pros

The software has a lot offered, can be customized for your company, and it’s nice having everything in one system.

Cons

It is hard to navigate, reports are not available to show everything needed or impossible to build without a Computer Engineering degree.

Very easy to use and Great customer service

You get to create a website for whatever you need and it is reliable and very nice. I love the customer service and they helped a lot.

Pros

I like how simple it is to use and that whenever I need a question the customer service is right there available.

Cons

It takes a while to customize whatever you need to do. There are a lot of options so it is a lot to process.

Great product. All in one system. Easy to use right of the box.

We purchased the product to use for an extensive email campaign but we wanted a complete solution that included CRM. After comparing the options it became apparent that My Custom Event was the best fit for us, particularly when you factor in the system allows us to expand our options down the road with a shopping cart, product videos, etc. After our first email campaign we hit a snag and the the team at My Custom Event was there to walk us through the process and get us back on track. Their customer service from the initial demo to the help with the email campaign was top notch.

Cons

Hard to learn, but worth it

Pros

- Able to reach numerous users that stray from what is normally recognized as our target market - Helpful customer service

Cons

- Not initially user friendly - No free trial

Excellent LMS software

Configio has been extraordinary in answering my questions and addressing all of my concerns with my non traditional, challenge oriented training website. If they didn't know the answer to a question, they would tell me and would get back with me. There have been several serious concerns that Teri has responded to that have convinced me without any doubt that I have made the right choice. She definitely has my respect and our business.

Pros

It does everything I want it to do. We sell online training for moving company employees and management through a monthly subscription.

Cons

It requires a learning the software which I have little time to do but then again, any software programs will require time.

MCE created a bespoke on line registration, e-commerce, CRM program for our sports company.

The team at MCE were selected to create an e commerce platform for Challenger Sports that would allow hundreds of thousands of customers each year to search, register and pay for one of our 5,000+ soccer coaching programs throughout North America. They also created an on line shop that acted both as a stand alone store and as an additional revenue source during the registration process. Following the...

Fantastic Service, Great Company

Configio provided me with a professional platform that is easy-to-use and allows me to run my business. I use the platform as a learning management system in which my customers can create account profiles, purchase products, and complete courses. There are multiple ways that I can communicate with my customers through Configio including email campaigns, social media posts, and certificate downloads. Configio stayed true to its name in that the platform has been configured to meet my company's and customer's specific needs. I highly recommend Configio as it is a wonderful value with truly helpful and personal customer service. I love interacting with the employees of Configio...they really care.

Pros

It is easy to use and fully adaptable to my needs. I love that I can see both the administrator and customer perspectives. The menus are intuitive and the training is extremely helpful.

Cons

I still have a lot to learn as my business grows and needs change, but I know that Configio customer service is only a call, email, or chat away.

Configio - Excellent Product - Outstanding Staff

The team at Configio has been an exceptional business partner! We needed to shift our manual registration procedure to an online tool that would simplify and streamline our entire registration process. We had many obstacles to overcome and customization that was required to meet our needs. Configio was able to do just that! Joe, our rep, always provides us with exemplary customer service! He is quick to respond and is creative in finding solutions.

Pros

Highly customizable.

Cons

Steep learning curve. Configio is a robust, in-depth registration management system so it takes time to learn, but it is worth the time invested.

Configio Review

I find the cloning of items with variations still involves too much work in terms of having to set up all of the dates info for each session three times if you have three variations. Also, I find the newsletter creation to be to cumbersome and prone to formatting gaffes when inserting and copying info from prior newsletters.

Configio: Our New Registration System

Last fall, our parent company notified our department we would be getting a great, new class registration system. We were so very pleased because the system we were currently using was old, slow, and did not allow for online registration. At first glance, we were impressed with this new system as it is well organized, visually appealing, and responds quickly. Over the past several months, we have input...

Pros

Online registration capability.

Cons

We have so many event product variations so even simple changes can be tricky and tedious.

Great Hearts PM Experience

As being tasked by my organization to deploy and train all schools on their database; Initially it was a lot to understand how to work the system. However with the amazing customer service I am able to learn quickly and efficiently regarding questions I have. Configio does so much and I learn new things every time I call in.

Pros

Once trained, easy to understand the flow of how work gets done in the system.

Cons

The recurring set up is confusing and doesn't seem to offer every possible solution.

Software that catered to my needs with excellent customer service!

I decided to move all of our camp registrations (about 650) to MCE in 2013 to help with the organization of information, and to streamline a class scheduling option that is specific to our camp. Initially hesitant to make the switch, I was adamant that MCE provide me with assistance in setting up our software, creating schedule templates, and helping our camp go 'paperless' with medical forms and HR...

ProjectFUN

Configio has really helped to create an easy streamlined registration process. Our staff love how simple and intuitive the system is to use. It has really been a great asset to how our program manages student enrollment.

Pros

A lot of customizable options. Easy to use.

Cons

Can be overwhelming with a lot of options sometimes. Some random bugs that pop up. Can't delete products or archive in an organized way.

Great Customer Support!

I am not the most tech savvy person but the support staff at Configio made me feel comfortable and capable right away. They helped me through all of my questions and got me up and running in no time.

Pros

I like that I can make changes in real time and do not have to wait for someone at Configio to do it for me although the support staff is more than willing to help me through it!

Cons

Outrageously Model Product by an Outrageously Model Company !

Model Company: Since the beginning of computers and computer support, without ANY doubt I have NEVER experienced ANYTHING like I have with My Custom Event the last 9 months! Every single call I have ever made to MCE has been taken by a "real live person" who listened and assessed my need (s), and worked efficiently beyond my expectations. The communication skills demonstrated by this team have...

Large BANG medium buck.

Best customer support I have EVER experienced bar none! Configio formerly MyCustomEvents is a sometimes overwhelming solution which once learned can kill 50 birds with just one stone. Would I buy it knowing everything i know today? Yes. I find myself wanting to play with it even if I have nothing scheduled to use it for. Every time I log back in I discover some feature that I didn't know exists. As...

Configio LMS System

My company was looking for an LMS system that would allow greater control and flexibility when handling employee training and the Configio system was the perfect fit. It has given us the ability to assign, review and control all levels of course training that we do within the company.

Pros

Ease of use once the administrator becomes familiar with the system and the company provides top notch support. They are always happy to answer a question or assist in any way possible. The Cost for the system is extremely reasonable.

Cons

The LMS system could use more capability in making charts and graphs for utilization with upper management reporting.

seasoned planners love this product!

Tired of the 'big boys' and ever-diminishing customer support? We were. Based on the ratings on this site and initial interactions with the My Custom Event team, my organization uses this software exclusively for event registration and management, and couldn't be happier. The flexibility, reliability, customization features and stability of their product is matched by their superior customer support....

Cons

Powerful System - Great Customer Support!

We are an event-based franchise organization and we found My Custom Event after having worked with several other CRM/registration systems in the past that were very limiting. We love the customization options available and their development team regularly releases impactful updates to the system. We have also worked in collaboration with their development team to build a number of custom features...