All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Eventbrite Reviews

2,873 reviews

Top Notch Customer Service!

Pros

The ease of use right from the very start. It's so easy to get your event up and running with minimal steps. They also make it easy to customize your event to stand out. We use Eventbrite for all our events. We recently had an event get postponed two hours before the event because of a sudden, unexpected snow storm. It became a complicated situation to resolve, but eventbrite quickly stepped in to help us get it sorted for the rescheduled date. Their team truly went above and beyond

Cons

That I can't add a sub user that already has account to my event. It means my team has to create multiple accounts to run different events for our clients.

Excellent registration process for our events.

Free registration tracking program with little or not cost. Historic tracking of member engagement with our events. Ability to do credit card processing for paid events, while still getting free access for events with no ticket costs.

Pros

Eventbrite doesn't charge for events that don't have a registration fee. It gives me a full-featured registration program for my non-profit's events so I can track flow of communication, know who signed up and track event participation across the year. We only pay fees for the events that have an associated cost for attendance.

Cons

The software is so robust, there is a significant learning curve and it can be easy to miss one of the fields for communication that goes to attendees. Recently, there was a poorly worded addition to the Terms of Service that caused a bit of a flareup....claiming IP rights to things way out of line!....but management rolled that back pretty quickly. (If staff have a desire to write ToS that is out of line, will it happen again after this flareup settles down?? Be vigilant...)

I'm grateful we discovered Eventbrite!

Eventbrite has facilitated my business life so much that I've even persuaded my coworkers from other departments to start using it! The feature I love the most from Eventbrite is that it provides the option to create access codes in order for our attendees to redeem our previous offers or rates. We've had other scenarios where they purchased a registration but ask for the previous rate so we had to refund, and it't very easy to locate their registration and proceed with the partial refund. This makes my job lot faster!

Pros

It offers the option to create access codes and promo codes that can be given to specific customers by sharing the URL/link for them to redeem

Cons

When transferring the ticket to another attendee through "edit", I loose track of the origin of were the ticket came from since the initial name disappears at all.

I use Eventbrite for collecting event registrations.

Pros

I use Eventbrite a LOT, for a lot of different types of events. I love that Eventbrite can be molded to match a lot of the events I'm doing. Some are free events where I need to collect user information, others are paid events where I have to collect dietary information for meals, and other events could just be a place for me to collect payment for a collective order. No matter the event, I've found a way to use Eventbrite and save myself so much time! I use to use internal spreadsheets for everything, and accept mailed payments. Thanks to Eventbrite, I can share a link and move on to the next task on my list!

Cons

Eventbrite can do so much, it's really irreplaceable. I think something that could take Eventbrite to the next level is a seating arrangement function. I think they have the ability to allow buyers to select their seats, but I have some events where I assign seating. It'd be great to take the registration list and assign them a seat, all on Eventbrite.

We use Eventbrite for all our events!

Pros

I love Eventbrite because they have top notch customer service. They always are quick to solve any issues I may have. It is a breeze to set up events, even multiple date events. I love how the back end makes it easy to see how many tickets were sold, how much net/gross, and linked pixels. All our team can use it and understand how to make changes which says a lot because we have quite a few that wouldn't consider themselves tech savvy.

Cons

There are actions that I wish I could complete like hiding certain dates that are linked to other dates. It isn't possible, but the customer service helped me find a workaround.

Eventbrite - Best in Class for Networking Events

Pros

The online registration, ticketing, and social sharing aspects have led to Eventbrite becoming an industry standard. As industries, and institutions have continued to adopt it, and global penetration expands it's reach, the ability to identify events based on topical relevance anywhere can facilitate the orchestration of communities and help them grow. It not only helps get the word out, but it increases effectiveness of collaborations across institutional silos or barriers to facilitate learning, and participation. The ability to monetize on a tiered basis (even offering free access), manage levels of participation and customize, share content, and find similar events, all contribute to the value and enable participants to become more involved to achieve shared goals.

Cons

The ability to create microsites for events that could be linked to a sponsors website where dynamic and interactive content could be updated may enhance future versions.

Fantastic Event and Ticketing Platform

I decided to use Eventbrite for a ticketed event and didn't realize how their fee structure worked and how expensive it was. If I had known that sooner and done my research, I probably would've gone with an alternative like Ticketspice. Yes, I've used Ticketspice for nonprofit events and it's much more customizable and offers the option to track a portion of a ticket as tax deductible.

Pros

Eventbrite delivers a world-class event registration landing pages and overall management. Their UI is incredibly easy to navigate and so straightforward to setup a page quickly. They also offer free events so you can use Eventbrite for free if you're not charging for tickets. They also have a great community forum for every city where people can search for Eventbrite events happening near them and also receive email updates on these local events.

Cons

Eventbrite's landing pages are pretty hard-coded where there isn't a ton of flexibility to the design and overall branding. The system also isn't designed that great for nonprofits. Often for nonprofit events, a donor may buy a ticket where part of their transaction is tax deductible but another part is not. Eventbrite doesn't have a field to capture the tax deductible amount per ticket, so the nonprofit has to manually go in and calculate that amount per ticket when they're generating tax summaries to send at the end of the year.

Simple, easy and great.

Eventbrite has helped me not only by facilitating event creation, but also by helping me find events around me. I think that even if you do not need to create an event, you should totally try it out if you are the kind of person always looking to do something new and exciting.

Pros

Eventbrite is a simple, functional and reliable for both event makers and users. Creating an event is as simple as creating a social media post, you can even organize free local events around your area, manage ticketing , reserved seating among others. The Interface is very straightforward and supply many options in how to create or search for an event. Is the source to many cultural phenomenoms happening around the world. Evenbrite has hosted in their website/app some of the most important events regarding culture, arts and music in my homeland, and I've seen this happening all over the world, it probably hosts some of the most meaningful recreational activities. It has a large catalogue of things to do, both free and paid ones.

Cons

Getting a hold of Customer support is nearly to impossible. This is the only downside I can really think of when speaking of Eventbrite.

Solid Platform; Lacking Some Features

My organization hosts events all over the world and Eventbrite has been a life saver. It helps us both get the word out and track trends over time.

Pros

It's free, to start at least, and just an amazing way to track and analyze attendance at a wide variety of events. It's easy to create events and share them across multiple platforms.

Cons

The fees start to add up if you are charging for the event and paying to use Eventbrite. The credit card fee of 3.5% seems particularly high to me. Also, the emails and event pages are not very customizable. I think there are only a couple email templates, so some variety there would be nice.

FREE & EASY TO USE event planner during COVID

Overall, Eventbrite gave us an easy, user friendly way to create "tickets" or RSVP's to manage our reduced seating capacity due to COVID.

Pros

Eventbrite has been a great platform that helped us manage our reduced seating due to COVID. The product is easy to use for our community. The ability to create custom questions is very helpful in capturing necessary info for our specific context. Other helpful features are the ability to link to Zoom for virtual events and the ability to create customized emails to our attendees. It's also very easy to create and share event links on other platforms.

Cons

I wish there was an easy way to view all of the responses, including custom answers, on one screen without having to scroll so much. It's easy to lose track.

Successful Event organizing

Pros

What i like about Eventbrite is that you can find all event help and right people you need in order to make an event purpose happen. Every event has its purpose or goal and the right performer, speaker, audience and tools will make it a successful one. You can find performers, magicians, speakers, entertainer where profile, reviews are available. Book them easily with the messaging or communication feature of Event Brite. Event brite also notifies you through email on every inquiry or reply you get. You can not find any application or software that would match How Event Brite is performing and all members are satisfied and happy with it.

Cons

I am satisfied with its performance, features and events all over the world can be accessed. I just hope that Eventbrite can think of exploring more features taking each event to the next level. Maybe someday it would have this feature where regardless of what location or country you are, you can also have the feature of making international talents perform in a different country. Through sponsors i think its possible.

Great Product. If you're simple.

The company has clearly focused on destroying the eco system that Ticketmaster had cornered. They've done it. The platform they provide is great and I hope to see them develop even more modules for event planners to use and grow their event. I DO wish that they would offer some of the abilities that their RFID products have into eTickets as well and that they would offer that functionality at my current tier.

Pros

- ease of use - visibility to consumers via their consumer facing product - flexibility in payment for customers - how quickly you can get an event up and running - lots of plugins for your site/mobile/affiliates

Cons

- No cross selling opportunities (would love to sell tickets for additional attractions when they buy admission) - Doesn't allow for complicated packages (at least at our tier) - to upgrade costs more than we've ever spent on ticketing system and requires a pretty solid contract - More complicated packaging of tickets -- ie: ticket to enter, plus beer token, plus parking, plus etc. etc. with the ability to add money on demand

The best event software is getting better

Fantastic, I will be using this software for years to come.

Pros

Eventbrite is already the cleanest most professional event registration system out there, and they are still making it better. They just released "add-ons" for event tickets. We are currently looking into working that into our current registration. What else can I say? Simplicity is the name of the game with eventbrite. Also, their customer care is great. We are currently still getting pricing from 3 years ago, which is why I can't imagine ever letting this software go. You just can't beat the price and care for customers!

Cons

Eventbrites simplicity can be it's weakness sometimes. More options in the registration form could be beneficial in the future.

It is like the "easy button" for event-planning

Pros

Eventbrite is simple, intuitive, and makes event-planning incredibly easy. This application allows you to create both free and paid-events. If you are enrolled in a subscription for a paid-event, you can choose to opt-out at any time with no additional fees attached, etc. Because of the increase in visibility, this application provides, we have received more registrants for our events through organic...

Cons

The free version does not provide you with the option to ask registrants questions when they are in the process of purchasing their tickets. The ability to ask questions was beneficial to our company because it helped us gage our registrants’ level of experience and/or areas of interest, to better understand how to engage with them during events, etc.

Best place to expand your knowledge + network!

Eventbrite is such a great platform and has really helped me learn more virtually during this pandemic! When the pandemic is over, I know I will be using Eventbrite even more to find in-person events/talks/lectures.

Pros

I love eventbrite specifically to get virtual tickets to talks/lectures I want to attend. Since everything has gone virtual with COVID-19, I find myself looking for virtual events more frequently, and a large portion of the time I have to go through eventbrite to get tickets/RSVP for things. I love how easy it is to search for events, how easy it is to RSVP, and how everything is visible in your account (and is also sent to your email for extra ease).

Cons

The only con I can think of is that there are SO MANY EVENTS that sometimes it is hard to weed out what is going to be worth your time or not. I love how sometimes I find events on other platforms, then those lead me to eventbrite. That is also a con - it's not all in one place.

Godsend for small scale event planners

I used Eventbrite to help plan (50-200 people) events for my Highschool and University. It was perfect. I made collecting money, ticket numbers, and names very easy. It allowed guests to see how popular the events are, how fast tickets are selling and how many tickets are left. And at the end of it, I had excel sheets and data to help show how my ticket selling went. Honestly, the few times I didn't use Eventbright for events, I wholly regretted that decision and paid for it by having to do personal work that eventbright would do instead.

Pros

Its easy to use, it provides all the necessary logistical tools an event planner will need and its very cheap/ reasonably priced for the service it provides (mainly reducing the headache and stress of planning an event)

Cons

It doesn't allow a lot of aesthetic customization. I cant make my event stand out with a customizable Eventbrite page.

Fantastic way to setup a ticketed event FAST!

I have used Eventbrite to manage RSVPs for very small, free events up to multi-thousand dollar galas. It makes the processes of ticketing, collecting information, and checking in guests at an event incredibly easy.

Pros

Like the headline says, the best part of Eventbrite is that you can go from sign-in to selling tickets in minutes. The workflow is solid and easy to use for a simple event, but allows a ton of customization for advanced users.

Cons

As amazing as the feature set is, it takes quite a long time for pages to load on the backend and I hoping that gets improved at some point. The multi-user system also needs a bit more work--it looks like it hasn't been updated since I started using the software back in 2012.

Eventbrite is great for planning events

Pros

I have used Eventbrite to plan 8 events for 500+ people at each event. It really is very nice to use when you need your guests to fill out specific fields in order to make your event successful. We hosted an event where we needed 800 guests to be seated at 90 specific tables. Eventbrite did very much help us to be able to sell tickets to a broader audience and organize them as best we could. The Facebook integration is very helpful to sell tickets through our Facebook event, and the check-in through the app at the event from our iPad helped us to get 800 people through the door much faster!

Cons

It is getting increasingly expensive. I feel like the cost is becoming prohibitive to it being beneficial.

Get the best of your city

Overall, I really like this application. Its great to look around if you are new to the city and make connections. They can improve a bit in notifying about the events, else the application is great to use.

Pros

I was new to the city of Boston. I didn't know many people but I wanted to be a part of this educational hub. The best thing I liked about this application was the filters. I could easily apply the free events filter, for a casual day. I went to 3 MIT tech events for free and in turn ended up meeting new friends, getting a free tour and of course getting MIT merch. I never thought I could meet professors would be at this ease. Thanks to Eventbrite. Also, buying tickets is very easy. It has such amazing reminders set to remind you of the bought ticket also. Scan option is good to use.

Cons

The one thing I disliked is that I cannot apply a specific price, place filter. Also, another thing about filters is that they are not that wide. There are many cybersecurity-related events going on overall in the application, but when I search for that option under tech events, only 3 to 4 show up. I need to search throughout all events. Also, specific places filter is not available. For example: "Security event in MIT".

Exciting Online Event Creator/Registrar

I used to run a small charity and have posted many events for it through Eventbrite. I love that your events will be posted all over the web, on other entities event calenders, etc., shortly after publishing on Eventbrite.

Pros

Eventbrite is intuitive and fun to use. When you are geared up to post your event, Evenbrite won't disappoint you. It has all of the lights, bells and whistles needed to effectively manage, post, register, handle sales for and publish your event online yet the GUI is easy to work with for a newbie.

Cons

I wish it presented more choices for color themes for your events webpage.

Probably the best system for event management

We started using this software since 2010 with our free events. The fact that they would let you use the features for free it's just amazing. We knew that when we started charging we just had to stay with Evenbrite and we have stayed with them for all these 9 years. Not once we switched or even tried another service because it is just a very easy to use and friendly system.

Pros

The features that are offered are great. The possibility to offer the tickets in different languages and the extra tools that come with making the whole system one of the best ticket management out there. Also worth mentioning that you can alway use this software, with all its features for free!

Cons

There are some features that are falling a bit behind in terms of keeping up with the ease of use and feel of modern websites. It is something that it can be updated any time so definitely not a major turn off.

Nice but expensive

It is easy to navigate. Nice looking site with most tools needed to sell event tickets. If the costs weren't so high, I would utilize it more. It is great for free events.

Pros

Nice user interface. Easy to navigate, strait forward. Most clients are familiar with the product which is a plus.

Cons

The fees are just too high. The fees jump up significantly when selling two types of tickets. I also find it expensive for $5 tickets and under. Ticketleap is a better option for $5 tickets.

ideal for events registration

Pros

eventbrite without a doubt has made our events so easy to organize. The platform gives the planner an clear view of how many people to expect, and its really easy to set up. for the client is really easy to choose the event and RSVP and even get their tickets all in one platform which is so useful now a days.

Cons

The customer service isnt that great for a website that in fact is great, I wish they could step up their game in that department. Because sometimes things dont go as planned and an a person with expertise could be useful.

Standout Option in Event Management

Pros

Eventbrite continues to produce results as the highest ranking site for 'local business networking events' searches. Its intuitive user interface and integrated marketing tools make it a standout for event planners like me who plan hundreds of events.

Cons

Because it offers so much, some of its tools are lower priority for its developers and do not work as expected. The pricing structure makes more sense for large high ticket-price events than small ones, making it difficult to justify as a long term solution for growing monthly events.

Good, but could be better for large-scale events

Having used several ticketing services for consumer events Eventbrite is by far the best.

Pros

The back office system is great. I especially like how you can quickly pull code to embed ticket sales in different ways onto your website. The reoprting is excellent and it's great for problem solving when a buyer contacts you with a question about their order.

Cons

Having used Eventbrite for a large-scale event and being on their top-tier product, I'd like a dedicated account manager to be able to call rather than having to use the generic contact us.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.