All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Eventbrite Reviews

2,873 reviews

Does what it needs to, but could do more

Pros

Effective way of managing lots of events; integrates with automation tools (Workato, Zapier, etc.). Clean interface for users

Cons

Refunds! Can only do 1 refund at a time. Integration isn't as customizable. New format for event creation doesn't allow for HTML editing and restricts photo size to be same width of text block (meaning images come out humongous).

Makes it easy for guests to register for events.

Pros

Eventbrite automates the process of inviting guests to events.Saves paper ,and removes the cost of printing invitation cards ; making it easy for guests to simply register for the event and get an automatic invite email,which they can download as a .pdf file or simply save it on their Eventbrite app.

Cons

Free events created on Eventbrite have very little security as random strangers can easily register and get an invitation for the event.As free events are displayed on the Eventbrite website,with no barrier for strangers to register.

Beware of all the Email Spam

Good for it's primary purpose, but it could use some tweaking to stay out of people's inboxes.

Pros

I like that this software allows you to share events very easily on social media or via email. It is helpful that eventbrite has an option to list the event as a paid event or a free event. It will also allow you to pay through eventbrite for the event. After paying, it will allow you to upload the ticket to your event to your iphone's wallet.

Cons

They send a ton of spam emails not having to do with any events you signed up for through them. I feel like every other day I get an email about other events in my area or events they think I may like. I do not like getting an inbox full of events I am not interested or unable to attend.

The leader of the pack

Im trying to bring customers together and get them excited about what we have to offer. Marketing sales as events with Eventbrite makes it a little less intimidating for the customer to make a purchase as it makes them feel apart of something and it makes them feel welcome.

Pros

I used to use other social media platforms to invite customers to events or special sales and promotions that I was having to increase sales and also ultimately traffic to my website. I was a littlw hesitant to use Eventbrite at first because it would take thw customer away from my webpage but the customisation options allowed me to really focus on making my events personal to my busibess. I would get updates the instant someone signed up for an event or a sale that I promoted with EventBrite. They offer an outstanding product and will use them again in the near future

Cons

I do not have too much bad to say about EventBrite other then the customer has to leave my page in order to go to the event page. I wish there was an integrated wigit I could use to bring Eventbrite to my social media platforms

Excellent events and easy to track as administrator and consumer

I have used this to schedule events and then track registrations as well as sign up for and attend events. It is great for both sides.

Pros

It is easy to keep track of events, connect to Google Calendar, and access complete details about each event.

Cons

The search feature doesn't narrow down very well and returns an overwhelming number of events that are not relevant or of interest.

Easy to promote your event

One of the benefits of using Eventbrite is that I can easily promote events through many social platforms such as e-mail, text messaging, etc. And it is also easy for the guests to confirm attendance.

Pros

One of the things l like the most about this software is how easy is to create your event and customize it at the same time. Whenever I have to create an event I can customize however I want therefore it doesn’t look repetitive and boring. I also like how people are able to register for the event which gives the and idea of how many attendees I will have at my event.

Cons

One of the least things I like about this software is that it can be a little intimidating when you first start using it. You will need to play around with it in order to create striking events.

Loved for organizing my conference attendance

I used Eventbrite as a conference attendee the last few years, and I've found it to be super helpful in both marking my attendance to limited seating events, as well as keeping my conference schedule. Very useful for presentations and networking events. Cannot stress enough how much I love having a map attached to the app -- I could get lost in a paper bag, and it's really helped me get the most out of conferences.

Pros

-Free, easy to download and set up -All the right details can be added in one place -- Time, date, RSVP, about, and a map is included. -I really like that it shows additional events in your location -Users can add profiles, so I had the option of following or contacting the organizer about any future events they may host.

Cons

I can't say that I've come across any particular reason for not using Eventbrite in the future. The only thing someone might not be a fan of, is that you do have to download the app onto your phone for the best experience using it.

Worry Free Ticket Keeper

I no longer worry about finding my ticket with Eventbrite and so I highly recommend using such service. If you are planning an event or fundraiser, it would be wise to partner with eventbrite in order to keep all accounts of the people that attended.

Pros

What I like about Eventbrite is the fact that whenever I purchase tickets, register for trainings, or receive complimentary passes, I can manage all my tickets through the Eventbrite app or add it to my wallet on my iPhone. Instead of worrying about actually having a physical ticket, I can show the ticket on my phone and be secured that my seat or . place is reserved. Whenever I register, an email is sent to me and I know that I have registered myself successfully for whatever venue. There is no worry and it is completely free.

Cons

Eventbrite serves its purpose in storing your registration for whatever event you have planned. I cannot think of any cons other than the fact that its not a physical ticket; however, you can still print it out if you desire. I don't know if all events partner with Eventbrite but they should

Great for promoting your business!

I have not used Eventbrite for my bar business; however, when I managed a tutoring company it was a great site to post our proctored SAT/ACT tests and other events. I loved how professional it was and the tracking system of attendees. It is great you can reach an audience that you otherwise wouldn't have a contact to.

Pros

I love that it is free to post a local event if you are not charging your guests, selling tickets, etc. I know in Santa Barbara, people love to search and stumble upon events in the area they otherwise would not have heard of and this is the place to do just that.

Cons

It can get very pricey if you are selling tickets at a high cost and have a lot of people attending the event which is a bummer. I feel like it should be a flat rate price.

Great way to share what's happening

Overall the experience with Eventbrite is great. It's an easy platform to work on and maneuver. they offer quite a bit for the non-tech savvy person to navigate easily enough, including my wife, who is not savvy at all!

Pros

I host numerous events and courses and Eventbrite is great for not just sharing the information about each event, but tracking all the necessary information related to my clients, friends and guests. I am able to have exact recording of all necessary information for management of the event and beyond.

Cons

I would like to see more integration with other software and apps. I know that this is an area the developers are working on, but it's something that is needed now in order to better promote the events.

The best marketplace for finding and hosting events

Eventbrite is an absolutely amazing platform. I have discovered so many great events on this platform and I am truly thankful for all the experiences that it has brought for me.

Pros

Eventbrite is a wonderful marketplace for events. I use it all to time to find and host events. I love the simple and beautiful interface. It is very user friendly and welcoming. The booking process is seamless and they have a secure payment system. On top of that, I really love their API that you can use to integrate with your own application.

Cons

I wish they did some sort of integration with Facebook Groups because there are also a lot of events on Facebook. However it is understandable because they are two different companies.

I would not recommend Eventbrite

My experience of Eventbrite has been very poor. It adds a great deal of time and worry to my working day whenever I have to use Eventbrite and follow up on it. Whenever possible, I avoid Eventbrite, and I have found that with some events and venues, while Eventbrite claims there is no availability, if one is able to circumvent Eventbrite and book directly, there is availability, so Eventbrite often seems a useless, even frustrating and counterproductive, unnecessary 'middle man.' I have had so many variedly negative experiences with Eventbrite, that recently, I decided for events that only book through it, if the event can be missed, it is more productive to not attend the event than deal with Eventbrite.

Pros

While I do not actually like anything about this software itself, I do like that, although with considerable difficulty, it enables me to book online for events. I simply wish that events would use different software in order to achieve the same end result of allowing booking online.

Cons

I find this software unwelcoming and overly complicated to achieve a seemingly simplistic task. It is even difficult to sign in, and I am rarely sure, even after receiving a confirmation e-mail if I have booked correctly. As a result, I regularly waste time calling the event venue the next day, if a number is provided, to check that all details have been accurately received, and often (not always,...

The One stop shop for Local and International Events

I've had a great experience overall, and never had the choice of switching to another software.

Pros

Eventbrite provides event planners with a platform that helps them reach out to local and international participants for their events. The software also makes it easy for users to search and book events of their choice and providing them with the opportunity to pay for paid events and tickets sent to their email or within the software. Overall, trust Eventbrite for everything Events.

Cons

My personal experience using Eventbrite has been pleasant thus far. I've never had any issue with the use of the software. I haven't attended an event I booked on Eventbrite and was denied entry because I had the wrong ticket. So, it's all good.

Always Something To Do

My overall experience with this software is great and cool to know if there a crofare is great.

Pros

Eventbrite is a great software when looking for things in your area and other areas too. They're always some events in the area.

Cons

So far I can't say anything bad. I love this software there's always something in my area to attend food or music too

Great product

Fantastic program for advertising my local events and getting great turnouts.

Pros

Eventbrite is a fantastic product to use to get the word out on events we are holding. Our events would not be as successful without eventbrite.

Cons

It seems like eventbrite doesn’t always put my events in chronological order for some reason. Otherwise it’s great.

A good option for hosting events

I have only used Eventbrite as an attendee, and the process was smooth. I haven't used it as an organizer, although I did help someone who set up an event on the platform.

Pros

I have used Eventbrite several times to register for events. It is easy to use and I've never had a problem with it.

Cons

The fees have always seemed a bit high to me as an attendee, because most people organizing events I have gone to have chosen to have the fees passed on to the attendee. That's kind of like a business quoting a price and then when you go to pay it, they tack on processing/merchant fees. I think it would be better for Eventbrite to suggest that the organizer charge a fee that takes into account the processing fee so that it can be paid for out of the ticket fee.

Eventbrite has been a definite must in planning and ticketing events.

This product has been used to hold and schedule online events. It has made things more seamless, error free, and creates a workflow of follow through automatically.

Pros

I have loved being able to cap the seats available and ask specific questions about the purchase right in the buying cycle. Being able to post the event all over the place with a link has been really very helpful! There are so many features available that some of them probably don't even get used very often. Great event planning and marketing tool.

Cons

So far I don't really have any cons for this software. It has delivered on what it says it will do. Easily integrates into a webpage or social media profile posts. And there are several ways you can do each of those.

Great for coordinating smaller / community events

Go-to platform for small-mid sized events. Pricing for the most part is reasonable and offsets the tangible real-world costs.

Pros

We use eventbrite to manage registrations for trainings and other online events. It's very simple to organize an event and even easier to consume. For us it's critical to maintain the list of registrations for future reference and Eventbrite makes this readily available. Cross promotion on social media is a breeze. Payment processing is directly handled by Eventbrite, but if your event is free, organizing the event is also free. They also provide a mobile app which improves the mobile experience.

Cons

Credit card processing fee is 2.5%, which is higher than usual. They do have a handy calculator that helps you estimate approximate fees. More variation in custom templates for email marketing would be nice.

Eventbrite is great for SXSW activities

Overall this is a great app

Pros

Eventbrite is a great application. It is easy to use, Helps sponsors build their email lists and predict who's going to their events. Gathers all (or most) of my event information in one place, and sends reminders.

Cons

How much information does each sponsor need? It would be great if it could remember all my data and pre ovulate/ save me time.

Using Eventbrite for our upcoming techers conference!

I highly recommend eventbrite for any nonprofit event!

Pros

We used to use cvent, which was very expensive. Eventbrite is giving us almost all of the same features without the huge price tag. We can customize the questions so we can easily gather all of the information we need from each attendee. We can schedule reminders to attendees and those who still need to register. We can have all the information we need about attendees and track any changes they make to their registrations in one place. We also used eventbrite to sell tickets for a concert we held last year and it was fantastic. Easy for ticket buyers and we were able to pull lists for the concert that made guest check- in a snap.

Cons

If your event is not a ticketed event it does require more thought and planning to make eventbrite work. That said, it is doable bacuse the pages are flexible, they can be customized.

Easy Event Prep

Great for events of all sizes especially when the RSVP requires the guest to make choices. Whether it is a large charity gala or an office Christmas party, Eventbrite is easy to use and makes organizing very simple when accommodating guest preferences.

Pros

There are a number of options you can include when sending out event invitations. Minimal hassle for set up. You are able to track ticket sales in real time. It eliminates manual tracking. For participants, all the information they need is ready in one location and tickets are distributed right to their email.

Cons

The app is great. However, when using the computer you need to sign in for every event email you receive and multiple accounts can't be linked. One email address per account and you need to sign in every time.

More expensive, but a reliable, honest product

Their customer service is awful, but their platform is reliable and transparent.

Pros

Eventbrite attracts other customers through their large database of users

Cons

They are very expensive for small ticket items. They don't allow you to customize discount codes for single time use, etc.

Easy to sign up for continuing education class

Good- I will continue to use it as long as there are more continuing education classes for my dental license.

Pros

I have used eventbrite in the past to buy tickets to 5k runs , dental continuing education, and also a makeup event in New York city. It was pretty easy to navigate and straightforward. I like that you can go to their website and see what kind of events are coming up, wether they are in person or remote. The events are pretty straightforward with a description and the price, some are even free. Overall, the concept and website is easy to follow and helpful.

Cons

One even apparently had a "no refund" policy, instead they should given some type of credit on their site towards future class/event.

Perfect for Planning Events

Pros

Our company is constantly holding events for all our distributors around the US. There are a LOT of great features but the cost absolutely can't be beat. Other apps/programs/software have so many added fees for random features that it becomes an expensive hassle to even hold a single event. Not so with Eventbrite. We'd been burnt before with all the little hidden fees that it took some convincing...

Cons

I don't like fishing for cons when there aren't any readily apparent, but if I had to say one negative thing about Eventbrite, it would be the customer service. You'll rarely have need to get in contact with them, but when you do it'll be a struggle. A few more reps, some more training, and an overall cheerier disposition would do them wonders.

Practical Tool For Events, Not Without Flaws But Worth It

When it comes to the simple process of creating a ticketed and/or registered event, it can be done simply and quickly with Eventbrite. Customer service is quick to answer questions via chat or email. It does have limitations; however, without paying a subscription cost, it is still an industry leading tool.

Pros

Eventbrite makes setting up event invitations and ticket sales seamless for even an inexperienced user. Their template works for almost an function and navigating is fairly intuitive. Many people are familiar with Eventbrite so they're willing to go through the step of clicking into an additional link after reading about the event via social media or email.

Cons

The customizations options are limited. There are not enough options to ask additional questions or gain event related information from the user. The backend data is not easy to access, use or transfer into other applications. While they are cost effective for small organizations, don't be fooled. The fees add up quick. Their per ticket cost is reasonable, but their credit card processing fees are high per industry average.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.