All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Eventbrite Reviews

2,873 reviews

A great tool to sell tickets to your event and to promote it

I used Eventbrite when working on content migration for a big university's alumni clubs. We were creating all the clubs' events and membership subscriptions there as a temporary solution before witching to a new platform that had events integrated. The process of event creations was smooth, effective, and intuitive.

Pros

Evenbrite has a lot to offer to event organizers: a way to build an event page, a way to set up multiple tiers of tickets and discounts, to provide attendees with address and event summary, to add images and logos, and much more, and it they way of assembling all these is pretty straightforward and easy to master.

Cons

The event templates do not allow a lot of customization. Also, it takes some time how to add additional admins too the events and how to setup discount codes. But these all is more about the learning curve for the advanced features.

User Friendly

I really enjoy this app. It has been ingrowing for the last few years and it has became into something really great. Everything is organized and put into whichever topic you may enjoy. Only downfall is that not all events happening in the town are on there but it is what it is. I highly recommend using this app for fun stuff. I have purchased many tickets off from it and everything is secure and easy to use.

Pros

This is one of the most easy to use apps around. Everything is self explanatory. There are lots of great events to pick from. Everything is organized and location is automatically set from your phone

Cons

What I enjoy least about this app is that not all events happening in the area are on here. That is about the only thing

Eventbrite Review

The biggest solution that Evenbrite has provided is that it has allowed me to limit the number of attendees for events at my work. We have several large-scale events that need to have a cap on the number of people who can register and this software has allowed me to do this easily. It has allowed us to manage events and communicate with attendees very easily!

Pros

Eventbrite is really intuitive and easy to use as an administrator setting up an event or as someone who is registering for an event. The software makes it easy to limit the number of attendees for an event, gather RSVP's, communicate to attends, and it is free!

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about Evenbrite. It is a great software solution to manage large scale events and registrations!

THe best way to create an event

Pros

I use for a long time Eventbrite for creating some events. Is very easy to use, export and manage all the things that you need. With some clicks, you can create tickets and control your visitors.

Cons

To be honest, I love Eventbrite. Maybe that you can have more control about RRSS and the users that comment about your event

Good solution for events, but room for improvement

Pros

I have used Eventbrite for a variety of events now and I'm impressed by how easy it is to use, along with some great features like their built-in affiliate program and tracking capabilities.

Cons

The fees are fairly high, so especially for larger and higher priced events, this cost ends up being significant. I also wish it would integrate better with other mainstream software, like Hubspot - although you can create smart lists, you still need Zapier to transfer over attendee information.

Great software, at a price

Overall we are extremely satisfied with Eventbrite. Yes, I think their fees are too high, but in terms of actual functionality, Eventbrite pretty much does everything we need it to do extremely well.

Pros

Everything Eventbrite does is spectacular. They make it beyond simple to create, manage, take payment, check-in attendees in their app, and receive payment. Even things that seem tricky like adding waivers to tickets and adding custom fields for additional data are extremely simple to use and access. Basically, everything just works as expected.

Cons

Now, with great software, I understand does come a price. However while their fee structure has changed over the years, I still maintain they are taking too large a cut of ticket sales. While the exact percentage does change based on your plan and the price of the ticket you're selling, we consistently see 30% or more of our ticket sales revenue go to to Eventbrite. Again I do understand that you do need to pay for great software, I just wish Eventbrite either took a lower percentage or offered a flat fee option.

Difficulty accessing event info for remote events

Overall experience is mixed. I have definitely had seamless interactions on Eventbright. The ability to not select "notify me of similar events" has improved and I don't get flooded like I used to. Only complaint is the difficulty in accessing the Join Event for remote events

Pros

Very easy to post graphics, professional display for registration, and ability to add donation functionality

Cons

In the everything's remote phase - I have received numerous registrations that the Zoom (or other platform) was not accessible from the confirmation. Great reminders, but useless if you can't access the event. Even if user error on the setup - guide may need to be improved to assist users. You want people to attend.

Eventbrite has been sent to me for small and large scale event ticket purchases.

The app tracks my events that I have purchased virtually. This is helpful to keep track of events that where not solicited by the user but rather by invitation.

Pros

The link to eventbrite is easy and user friendly. I like most that it saves your ticket information in a virtual wallet. It also tracks all your purchases. It has been a while since I acquired the app from the apple app store, but I believe it was suggested to download the app to mobile devise to have access to all the cool features.

Cons

The software always asks to use your current location. I have found that allowing access to current location can trigger the app to run in the background of you mobile device. This can also ping you for advertisements that are not wanted.

Event Scheduling Made Easy

eventbrite allows me to easily join local and virtual events by scheduling them, receiving automatic email registration, and allowing me to add these events to my calendar so that I don't forget about them.

Pros

I like the ease of use of eventbrite, specifically that I am sent an email after I register for an event and from that email, I can add the vent to a calendar of my choice for easy scheduling. I also like that I am able to easily create events that will be posted on eventbrite for others to join.

Cons

I don't have many things that I've found difficult about eventbrite. If I had to pick, I'd say that tickets could be easier to download or access on the desktop version.

Have been using this software for years.

easy to use ticketing software with html links.

Pros

Ability to sell tickets over a wide audience. Easy to upload mailing list. Helps maintain a customer database.

Cons

Fee structure and processing. Fees for events never remain consistent. And there should be a way for fees to be deducted at time of purchase as opposed to later via invoice.

Handles registration without fuss

Pros

Eventbrite is very easy to set up and help organize registration for a meeting or conference. It has lots of functionality and control. For example, you can set special ticket type, make tickets available or unavailable at specific times/dates, set promo codes for speakers or discounts (e.g. for students). Payment processing is done by Eventbrite and then transferred electronically to an account you indicate. Fees are quite low and easily incorporated into ticket price (which you can choose to be visible or not to the end user). Very intuitive. You can be up and running in no time.

Cons

Eventbrite usually only pays out after your event. So if you are counting on the money from pre-ticket sales to be in your account prior to event - this is not the right option. Reduced pricing for non-profits not available outside USA.

Eventbrite: More than Just Events.. Explore A World of Interesting Things going on

It's a great way to organize discussion groups with others in our field, keep up to date on new tech updates and network with others.

Pros

It's very user friendly. Easy to navigate, explore, buy tickets to online/virtual events and well as a whole array of free talks, crafts, and interesting discussions to join. During this time where we are all home MUCH more than ever, this provides a great link to the world to learn and explore new and interesting things.

Cons

I haven't noticed anything glaring that I DON'T like about this software. I really love it! I can jump on Eventbrite to learn and stay connected to the world, as well as create my own events and invite others to join me. Very easy to use.

Eventbrite-Entrepreneur Perspective

With the use of evenbrite I am able to seek out events that I would like to attend. As I look at different events I love the option of being able to like an event, which then saves it to my likes. This helps me remember what I viewed and interests me. I also like that I am able to contact the hosts and toggle through different options. This helps me network with more individuals of the same interests.

Pros

Eventbrite is a website that provides service that's easy to use and most importantly user friendly. There are many categories and locations which I truly appreciate the versatility.

Cons

It seems at times when it is trying to locate my location, it is inaccurate at times. Other than inaccuracy it is a great service.

Because a party without people is just sad

Pros

When you have an event or a cause and you need to get people's attention, you need to get people to come and participate, then Eventbrite is one of the easiest platforms you can use. Not only will your event be posted online, but it will also be easily searchable by google so that if people search for something that your event covers on google then your event can pop up. Better yet, people often go to eventbrite just looking for events to participate in, and when they see your event, they may decide to attend even if they were never even looking for your event.

Cons

Eventbrite has access to your contact list, and some people may not be comfortable registering with eventbrite because they don't want their information being too publicly available. In that case you can probably provide multiple options for registering for your event.

Eventbrite

My overall experience with Eventbrite has been good. It is perfect for and easy to use when managing smaller simple events. It also looks professional. The only downside that I experienced was your event accessibility to general public. Whenever you create your event, other people (from outside of your organization) have access to it and are able to RSVP. So going through a list of those RSVP'ed to make sure there are no external people is important (and depending on how long the list is, going through it may also be time consuming).

Pros

- easy to use - support for beginners (those who are using the software for the first time) - free (if you have no event registration fees) - great tool to have if managing simple events

Cons

- as soon as you create the event, it becomes public. I once had a speaker event created for my students (and it was a free event); and I had 3 external to school people signing up for it. Took me some time to go over the RSVP list to make sure nobody else external was there. - not a very helpful tool if you event has multiple sessions/registration tracks/etc. - very limited customization options

Most Trusted Sales Platform

Eventbrite has become a highly trusted software and is an industry standard. Eventbrite fulfills the needs of small and large hosts alike and offers a robust way of managing ticket sales and customer information. The platform falls a bit flat on the customer service front as Eventbrite is now one of the largest ticket-selling programs out there. I hope they will be able to build on their customer support for hosts as there is no real way to reach the company and/or ask for help.

Pros

Very centralized and all-encompassing for selling tickets and hosting events. Fees are higher than usual but may be passed onto buyers. Company/software is trusted and reliable.

Cons

There is almost no direct customer service; you cannot reach a person at Eventbrite and must rely on FAQ pages. There is limited customer support for paying customers, but none for admins and hosts. We also occasionally encounter technical difficulties that can only be funneled through an Eventbrite support ticket rather than addressed over the phone or e-mail. We've also heard stories about Eventbrite losing critical data.

have only used as a comsumer, not an event promoter yet

so far, I have only purchased tickets through this technology, but I intend to utilize its awesome potential on future sales events of my artwork and writing. It is clearly the dominant choice for ticket sales and event promo.

Pros

It is everywhere--everyone knows what it is and what it does, and most events that sell tickets use evertbrite to sell and promote their ticket sales. IT is easy, straightforward, and very accessible. The best feature is it is all online, instead of requiring one to leave home or stand in a line to purchase event tickets.

Cons

I can't think of anything negative. I would like to utilize the software at some point for an event of my own, but I will have to study up on how to schedule and promote through them.

Easiest way to get me to attend an event.

Nothing ,it ticks all of my expectation and has never failed me at anytime. I feel it is the way to go for event organizers ,personally.

Pros

I am one who is a bit disorganized ,thus on so many occasions ; I have been invited to events and I end up misplacing my invitation card and find it difficult asking the organizer for another. Eventbrite has basically come handy for me. With Eventbrite ,I am able to register for events and get sent an invite to my mail. Since it isn't possible to lose my email account ,I never get to bother about loosing my invitation.As I am able to print it at anytime and as many times as possible.

Really can't be equalled

Overall Eventbrite is a fantastic system - I used it for about two years to take bookings for a college training restaurant, and the free account did everything we needed, including customised forms for food choices, allergies etc and producing nice readable reports for our chefs and front of house. Only frustration is the inability to modify number of people in a booking without deleting it and starting again.

Pros

Easy to use, with generous free functionality.

Cons

Slightly limited functions from app, inability to modify number of people in a booking.

Slick Ticketing Platform

Pros

Eventbrite is a great solution for easy ticket management. They do an incredible job tracking data and generating reports to help you really dig in to your event.

Cons

There are some annoying pieces of functionality with this software like administrative management that aren't incredibly intuitive.

Event Management Made Easy

Overall, we have been very happy with the Eventbrite platform and will continue using it for our event ticketing and advertising needs.

Pros

I love using Eventbrite to manage ticketing for my events. It has a user friendly platform, handles all payments/refunds, and has reasonable fees. Eventbrite has also become a go to destination for finding events to attend in my area.

Cons

It would always be nice to have no fees, but we understand that this is a necessary part of business and the longevity of the program. One time we had a problem with transferring of funds to our account after the event was over as they have set times they do this. It was semi-inconvenient but not a deal breaker.

SO GREAT

Pros

Eventbrite is so easy to use. I've never actually posted on Eventbrite, but I use it regularly. It's the best events site I've ever used. It's super easy to navigate and find cool events happening in my area. I've visited other event sites, but none of them are as user-friendly as Eventbrite. With other sites, my ticket always gets lost and it's SO hard to find it, but with Eventbrite it's always really easy to find. If I see venues/performers/events using Eventbrite as their platform to sell tickets, I'm always more inclined to go because I know that purchasing tickets will be easy and hassle-free.

Cons

Honestly nothing, it's so easy to use and convenient.

Best Event Software

I enjoyed my experience.

Pros

I really enjoyed how easy it was to use this software. I have used this many times during my time as a college student at Cal. Most events hosted by student groups at Cal use Eventbrite for ticketing. Our organization used Eventbrite to host multiple clubbing events in SF and to collect ticket sales. I enjoyed how there are referral links/codes to help track ticket sales from other organizations helping us sell tickets.

Cons

I did not really have a problem with the software. I do wish that there was more customizability for event pages though so it can really pop and stand out.

Better than all the rest

Pros

I think Eventbrite is better than all other event softwares online. It’s super easy, it integrates perfectly with Facebook and mail chimp. I use it will every event I create. The app for scanning tickets and payment is great. I can edit and create events with the mobile app which isn’t great for on the go, plus it’s practically free to use.

Cons

The only con I can across was Recently when I tried to update my tickets start and end date. I opened the Eventbrite app and was unable to edit ticket info, so I logging on directly to site from my phone and then I was able to make changes. Maybe there’s a glitch or I don’t know where to look

The Ultimate Event/Ticketing Site

Overall, Eventbrite makes it easy to house tickets and organize plans for trips and local excursions.

Pros

Easy search features and location and description filters make Eventbrite my go-to for all local events. It's also what is most predominantly used by small businesses.

Cons

I have never had an issue with Eventbrite overall. There have been occasional event hiccups, but those were always remedied by both eventbrite and the specific vendor.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.