FiveStars Logo

1.2K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.73/10

Reviews by rating

It's easy to use and our customers like the system. They enjoy knowing they are getting a reward for being loyal to us.
I enjoy how easy it is to have multiple businesses stored in the app for loyalty reward tracking.
My overall experience is pleasant, I think Five stars is great because it helps the business owners to gain more attraction/ traffic and the customers point of view is receiving discounts/ bonuses.
They didn’t wanted to to anything about their mistake!, they told me that’s what it was showing on their computer and that’s what it was, I had to call my bank to dispute the transaction.
And as users, they don’t notify us to use our points before the company opts out. Resulting in waste of points and eventually loss of customers.
It's hard to remember which places use five stars and in the app it's annoying to have to press the bubble again to get out of the business rather than just pressing out (it won't let you).

1,284 reviews

MO

Michael O.

President

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Fivestars works sometimes

Transcript

Michael: Hi, this is Michael I'm president of a tour company, I give FiveStars four stars. For more reviews...

Stefania M.

Second Grade Teacher

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Not Suitable for My Yoga Business

Transcript

Stefania M.: Hi. My name is Stefania, I am a yoga studio owner and a yoga teacher, and my rating for...

Jeremy C.

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Integration Breeze

Definitely recommend for business owners looking for retention in today's society.

Pros

As a consumer, this product is very easy to use. You enter your favorite 10 digit number (your phone) and that's virtually it. Sit back and start getting rewarded for your loyalty.

Cons

As an employer, it does come with a solid price tag and some of the integration setting up was a pain. Other than that, it seems to be doing it's job!

Nipuna R.

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

Customer loyalty with STARS

Fivestar is an user friendly program which helps to keep update with customers. Help to build loyal customers by sending them messages to inform about new promotion and keep updated them with the deals.

Pros

This is simple and user-friendly as well as it is customizable. Super customer service. It helps to get critical customer data.

Cons

Its SOMETIMES hard to reach customer support quickly.

MM

Mark M.

Good but not great

Been with Five Stars for a few years now. Just recently found out that if the customers don't "reply with Y,' they are not even getting our texts or emails. This was not always the case. I realize there is a law on the books now that requires this, but someone at Fivestars, should have reached out to us to alert us. I feel like the last year of sign ups, was a complete waste of time. My scanner...

Pros

I used to like the data and it was easy to use.

Cons

The equipment and console.

Jessica B.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Pretty Standard, Nothing to Sneeze at.

Fivestar picks pretty good companies, or vise versa. That gives me the impression there is a good level of trust there, and Vendors that I speak to about it out of curiosity. This is encouraging when giving this sort of feedback. As a consumer/customer, I find it pretty easy to use and easy to navigate!

Pros

This is a pretty neat idea to have as an extra little something when you visit a favorite business of yours or to try something new. I have personally noticed that some “perks” are offered by the business pretty casually, but nice to have them all in one place. I will say that it is a neat and accurate feature to try out what is in the area. Not ideal too much if you don’t live in an area should you never have a chance to use it continuously, but great for local places.

Cons

This app works rather accurately with what it claims, so no real complaints. I cannot wait to see more places that will jump on and use it.

Ashley W.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

5 stars for Fivestars

I have saved so much money with fivestars. I get discounts every time I use it at participating retailers. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Pros

What I LOVE most about this is how easy it is to use. Whenever I am checking out at the store I use fivestars with all I have to do is type in my phone number and boom instant discount from the rewards program.

Cons

There’s literally nothing I don’t like about this software it’s great in all aspects and never once have had an issue

Tuyen V.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Easy and Fun to Use

Pros

It's very flexible. I get info by text. I can use the app for convenience and the website for a more comprehensive look. Fivestars improves my dining out experience by providing great incentives.

Cons

It would be nice for me to get an email or text confirmation once I've visited the restaurant in order to let me know that the points were applied appropriately.

Kara F.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Fivestars is useful for local businesses

Overall, I would say my experience with Fivestars is great. I have earned rewards for visiting various restaurants and learned more about other places.

Pros

Since moving to a new city, Fivestars seems to be a useful tool in finding new businesses to try out. The rewards that they offer allow me to continue to want to come back as a customer.

Cons

I cannot think of a con of this software- it's user friendly, my rewards are always updating. Sometimes the random texts they send are a bit bothersome but other than that it is good software!

Ricky C.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Fivestars Review

Pros

This software has improved our customer relationships by simplifying out loyalty program.

Cons

What I like least is rewards must be entered manually.

April S.

Used other for 2+ years

Easy and accessible

Pros

Very user friendly and easy to input information as a customer! Great way to know about upcoming events or deals.

Cons

Not really any cons, it could be updated to work faster.

Aline N.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

My memory in the palm of my hand

Pros

With Fiverstars completely changed my daily life as a businesswoman, because I manage everything through fiverstars, payroll, accounts payable and receivable, contracts, rents and all things related to the financial life of a company, fiverstars is simple to use and makes it much easier as it can be used on the smartphone.

Cons

I have no criticisms to make as it meets my needs.

PS

Pam S.

Five Stars Loyalty simplified our loyalty program while improving our customer relations

can't say that there is anything I don't like about the program. I was able to schedule announcements in advance which saved time. My customers appreciated not having to carry around a plastic or paper punch card. The tablets were easy to set up. Customers responded so well with the program. I am very happy we decided to use FiveStars

Pros

FiveStars not only helped create and maintain our loyalty program, but they also monitor customer interactions to turn a one time shopper in to a loyal customer. It is very user friendly. Customers use a tablet to enter their information and once they're in the system, we can reward them with coupons and incentives to come back to shop. FiveStars monitors how long a customer has been away from the...

Cons

I

Amanda R.

Worth The Investment!

As a family owned business, we know the importance of customer loyalty. FiveStars allows us to see what motivates our return customers, and to keep track of the customers who are less regular. The set-up was easy. As soon as we received our tablets, a Customer Service person walked us through step-by-step. The software is user friendly, so we were able to implement FiveStars immediately. Their marketing specialists have helped us establish effective rewards and promotions. Technical support has been great too! In addition to their support phone number, FiveStars also has chat and e-mail contacts, which means we can always get an answer to any question we may run into.

Pros

Very user friendly software - Customer support is super! We run 5 registers at one time, and we are easily able to identify customers at the front counter. After a customer has been in once, we can call them by name as soon as they enter their phone number.

Cons

We have had multiple customers log in with both their home phone and their cell phone numbers, and it would be nice if there was a way for us to merge those two numbers together into one account without having to contact FiveStars each time this happens. It would also be great if their information could communicate directly with our order entry. It isn't a big inconvenience, but that would remove one extra step at the front counter if we didn't have to make entries manually.

The good and the bad.

Pros

Fivestars is an excellent software that is easy to use and is great for rewarding current clients. You can customize the rewards you give to current clients very easily. The text out feature is also nice to get your current promotions out.

Cons

When you sign up for the program they sell you on the business matching (marketing) for people that are on the app and near your business. You can create specials that pop up when people that use the app are near by. The problem is they don't switch on business matching for you unless you sign up 20 new fivestars members a week. I operate a spa that sees a lot of repeat clients and we don't always have 20 new clients a week which makes it very hard to be able to utilize this part of the service. I think smaller businesses should know this before they pay the big price tag for the hardware and service. Or they should find a way to include smaller businesses more effectively.

JR

J Robin E.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

easy to use...

see previous entry. most experiences have been positive. unexpected loss of accumulated points is almost deceitful.

Pros

from a consumer standpoint, very easy to use. tracks points flawlessly.

Cons

wasted points. when someone drops out of the program & you've been accumulating points towards a special reward, it is beyond frustrating when they drop the program without notice, leaving the consumer without recourse. providers should provide those with accumulated points sufficient notice to use their points (30 days) before the program is dropped from that location. Supercuts left my spouse & myself...

CM

Carlos M.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

1200 dolls s rip off

I was with this company for around a year, it didn’t work for me, the equipment was never working, always turning off by itself, I had only one tablet, they sent me another tablet to replace the first one, it didn’t worked for me, So i canceled, I didn’t had a contract at that time already, then, a month later I get hit with a 1200 hundred dollars, So I called to ask why , they told me I had 5!! Tablets!, wich was not true at all!! They didn’t wanted to to anything about their mistake!, they told me that’s what it was showing on their computer and that’s what it was, I had to call my bank to dispute the transaction!! I would never recommend this company to anyone!!

Pros

None, it wasn’t even working , i had it for like a year and it never worked properly, so I have no pros for this company, equipment

Cons

No idea, I didn’t like anything about it

KF

Kesari F.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Deals made convenient

Pros

It's always fun walking into an establishment and seeing the FiveStar console, knowing that I am either going to see a new deal and save money, or I am going to contribute to a future deal. I even like the encouragement it gives me to try something new when, say, the deal is "free dessert" and I've never had the dessert at that cafe before! The whole system in general is a really great way to buy and consume products with a little more mental comfort about my wallet and a little more excitement about the fun deals and discounts I'm about to receive!

Cons

My least favorite thing is that the cashier and I see two different screens. I'll see a deal and sometimes they don't acknowledge it and finish my order before I can add it, or add a deal before I've confirmed I want to use it. This mostly depends on the cashier and not the software itself, but it can be frustrating trying to communicate to cashiers that aren't present or listening to my desires when it comes to using my FiveStar points!

KB

Kyle B.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Easy interaction

I like the paperless idea for the rewards. Saves me time and money dealing with people who lose thier cards and coupons. I also like that i am able to send different offers to customers who have not been back to our restaurant over a period of time. It gives me the ability go offer these customers whatever i choose and also lets me offer all my customers some offers. The only thing i dislike is when the network isnt strong the tablets lose connection

Pros

Paperless. The offers i can extend to lost customers. And how i can track thier points and visits very easily. They are easy to get ahold of to resolve problems

Cons

The network connection and how it goes down. The charge of the tablets doesnt last very long. Sometimes to many points get added to peoples accounts and i which it had a button asking if ur sure before u add those points. Some people are old and technology is hard for them.

cm

courtney m.

Tobacco, 1-10 employees

This loyalty service has been awesome for our company, brings back tons of repeat customers.

Repeat customers, new customers, happy customers!

Pros

That it keeps encouraging repeat customers to come back. You can provide any type of reward for your customers and all the points/ redemptions are customizable. They come out with software updates and those are automatically installed.

Cons

Sometimes it can be slow, even when it seems that our internet has good connection. However it's hard to be certain if that's their system or ours.

AG

Amrinder G.

Internet, 1-10 employees

It's ok Not that great. Sometimes pretty useless.

Always Frustrating !!!!

Pros

Sometimes you get discounts like $5 OFF or free entree or something. so basically you get like 6-8% back on your actual spend depending on store but since the store owners don't know how to credit it so it's mostly like 1-3% back on your actual spend at store Which is still better than getting back anything but I would suggest they need a better message and training to actually make it work.

Cons

Most store owners cashier don't know how to credit points. Confusing App and Confusing in-store experience. Store Kiosk logs out in 4-5 seconds if you press skip. Most people don't know how to use it and very frustrating experience. Their Advertising and design needs new people!

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Take your customer loyalty to new heights

Pros

This product is amazing, it is not available everywhere but will definitely become widely used across all major cities. It makes your business look professional and passionate. They provide the sleek looking tech that customers use to enter their phone number and help is always around the corner when needed. Well worth the money! Social media is a crowded market place and using this to send customers rewards is a great way to add a personal touch. Sure there are other reward platforms out there, but from my experience this is the best yet. It is so simple to keep track, change rewards, upload data and contact your consumer base. If you are still thinking about it, this is me telling you to do it.

Cons

Not available everywhere and the only people you are reaching are the ones that are already customers. There is a feature in the app that you can search other fivestars businesses in the area but since it is still new, this feature is not useful in attracting new customers. Also in order to send SMS it is an extra cost.

TH

Tiffany H.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Great for bringing back customers

My experience has been extremely pleasant. I definitely recommend this company. They are on top of their software game.

Pros

This software is the best. I like that it's easy to use for the company and the customers. This reward program brings customers back.

Cons

I really like everything about this software. No problems in 2 years

NM

Nadjaliette M.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

Props

I used Fivestar years ago when I worked at metro pcs and went to college back in 2012. I always told people to download it and it was a great app. I’m glad you guys did a great come back. I love it! Getting more involved! I would love to work as a sponsor.!

Pros

I love that it helps find nearby places that are a part of five star.

Cons

More offers and deals within companies. Maybe a rewards within fivestar.

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Fivestars Review

Overall, I'd say I've had a satisfactory experience with the product. Loyalty levels and retention shot up after adopting the system for 6 months, which is something to note, something like loyalty needs long cycles to study improvements, so don't be in a hurry to get results.

Pros

- Super intuitive interface, low learning curve for getting up to speed for new users - It offers great segmentation and unique targeting of customers based on when last they came visiting. Which comes in very handy for retargeting efforts of customers gone cold.

Cons

- Handling cases of duplicate entries could be smoother, such as multiple unique identifiers (such as a phone number) being inputed for the same customer. perhaps a merge feature to take care of such would be great. - It is a bit pricey, but I'd say it's worth the penny, when considering the extra value created for customers after a long time of use.

SY

Shelby Y.

Law Practice, 501-1,000 employees

Great way to produce loyalty

Pros

This software encouraged me to continue to come back to get rewards, the rewards seemed like a bonus!

Cons

Sometimes I would get too many text notifications, but I was able to easily opt out and this varied on the business.

Great Loyalty Program

Improved Loyalty program over the paper punch cards. Improved conversion and customer satisfaction. Saved time and frustration over lost paper cards and missing rewards.

Pros

The dashboard design is easy to use and customizable. The autopilot functions show the results in an easy to read format that makes it so nice in seeing what works and what doesn't.

Cons

For a while the customers name showed up on the admin page and you knew exactly who received the points. The latest updates removed the name from that screen - you can still look up the customer by clicking on the link, but its a step I wish they hadn't removed.