FiveStars Reviews

4.13/5 (118 reviews)

alex Rangel

We been with five stars for over four years now. Minus a few quirks, we'd do it all over again!

Reviewed 2018-07-17

I cannot stress how valuable a solid email list is. Combine that with selective marketing and Five Stars continues to strive for my business.It has been so long that I am really not sure but I think, the box doesn't even come with instructions. It's one of those things that really is that simple. When we first subscribed to the service I was like, what's up with the cost? I love being wrong, I was way wrong. This does the job of three employees and doesn't have "a family emergency" every Sunday. It gets down to the core of marketing. Gather your data base and learn from your customers. We really enjoy being able target specific emails or sms to your allocated groups. If someone hasn't been through your doors in a while. The dang computer sends them a sweet old "come back and see us message on it's own!" Come on!

Landon Rowley

Software - lacking

Reviewed 2016-11-15

I want to be able to link to my POS system to automatically redeem points. I am not a fan of entering the rewards into two systems or having to manually enter it into the POS I would prefer it do it automatically or be able to click to redeem them and it syncs to the POS and eliminates the human error of entering the discount wrong. I also would like more options for sending out notifications to people. There are 6-8 template options but I would like a variety of more or the ability to create my own. I wish I could post more often as well; once a week sometimes isn't enough for our store. I don't like being restricted at being locked out so I can't push a promo for X days till it opens up again. It forces me to be more strategic hold all my cards for the big event/promo and if it flops than I can't do another push till it clears out... All in all helps to maintain loyal customers - it doesn't do much to bring in more people and extend your reach but does well and keeping our base. its ability to program and push promos to a wide base of people. I like using phone numbers to keep track of points cause then people don't loose them but it also makes you give away more discounts cause no points are lost. Its easy to sign up and people are more willing to participate in the rewards because it is so simple to do

Pam Sc

Five Stars Loyalty simplified our loyalty program while improving our customer relations

Reviewed 2018-03-12

can't say that there is anything I don't like about the program. I was able to schedule announcements in advance which saved time. My customers appreciated not having to carry around a plastic or paper punch card. The tablets were easy to set up. Customers responded so well with the program. I am very happy we decided to use FiveStarsFiveStars not only helped create and maintain our loyalty program, but they also monitor customer interactions to turn a one time shopper in to a loyal customer. It is very user friendly. Customers use a tablet to enter their information and once they're in the system, we can reward them with coupons and incentives to come back to shop. FiveStars monitors how long a customer has been away from the store and allowed us to target certain messages to those customers who hadn't been in the store in a while. We were able to make our customer count stronger and created a sense of urgency with coupons and promotions. It was also beneficial that we could let customers know about upcoming events. I love that FiveStars wants you to be successful. They would call to check in and give useful advice and tips to continue to grow our business through the loyalty program.

Amanda Rossell

Worth The Investment!

Reviewed 2016-11-03

As a family owned business, we know the importance of customer loyalty. FiveStars allows us to see what motivates our return customers, and to keep track of the customers who are less regular. The set-up was easy. As soon as we received our tablets, a Customer Service person walked us through step-by-step. The software is user friendly, so we were able to implement FiveStars immediately. Their marketing specialists have helped us establish effective rewards and promotions. Technical support has been great too! In addition to their support phone number, FiveStars also has chat and e-mail contacts, which means we can always get an answer to any question we may run into. Very user friendly software - Customer support is super! We run 5 registers at one time, and we are easily able to identify customers at the front counter. After a customer has been in once, we can call them by name as soon as they enter their phone number.

Trey Rhodes

Excellent Loyalty Rewards Program for Small Businesses

Reviewed 2016-12-01

The pros: We are a large consignment clothing store and are fairly new to formal loyalty programs. The Fivestars program has been immensely popular and has definitely resulted in revenue increases. Out flash sales have transformed into buzz-worthy events where, before, they were hardly noticed. We strongly recommend Fivestars if you are looking into a rewards/loyalty program for your small biz. Retention has been very high as reward points/spiffs have become a valuable commodity for our shoppers. Now for the (minor) cons: There does not seem to be much crossover between our business and others that use Fivestars based upon our anecdotal eveidence. I wish it was more of a local movement. Maybe one day it will be. Also, as far as the technical underpinnings, the API should be exposed to worthy customers (or those willing to pay a modest fee) so that they might integrate it with lesser-known point-of-sale platforms or databases; the company essentially refuses to do this, even though it would benefit both parties. Also, the tablets provided are nice but not without the difficulties associated with wi-fi enabled Android devices. Sometimes they go haywire and we are shut down inexplicably. Let's hope hardware improvements come. ( i'd bet Apple iPads, for instance, would probably provide a huge boost to the overall system reliability.)See review.

The good and the bad.

Reviewed 2018-12-12

Fivestars is an excellent software that is easy to use and is great for rewarding current clients. You can customize the rewards you give to current clients very easily. The text out feature is also nice to get your current promotions out.

Faye Yang

loyalty, simple

Reviewed 2018-06-05

Sending messages to customers to inform them our new promotion, which greatly attracts customers coming back and keep updated with the deals.Basically, it works as a loyalty program and at the same time, it offers the function of sending out the message to customers (who joined the FiveStar loyalty program). So we can directly send out the promotion info/deals to the customers and it's no limit of the messages' numbers under the subscription plan. Customers can check their fivestar point and receive the updates from different stores via the fivestar app.

Marcus King

We have increased our customer satisfaction greatly, and easu/

Reviewed 2018-07-24

customer frequency has increased greatly. Quarterly customers become monthly, and monthly customers become weekly. It adds up quickly. Customers enjoy the rewards programs, because it requires no membership card, and it is easy to redeem rewards. Ease of use. My staff required nearly zero training on this product, and the down time for the hardware is less than 1% of our operational time.

Kyle Bullock

Easy interaction

Reviewed 2016-11-15

I like the paperless idea for the rewards. Saves me time and money dealing with people who lose thier cards and coupons. I also like that i am able to send different offers to customers who have not been back to our restaurant over a period of time. It gives me the ability go offer these customers whatever i choose and also lets me offer all my customers some offers. The only thing i dislike is when the network isnt strong the tablets lose connectionPaperless. The offers i can extend to lost customers. And how i can track thier points and visits very easily. They are easy to get ahold of to resolve problems

Susie Meacham

Loyalty Program

Reviewed 2016-10-25

I signed up with 5 stars to help with repeat traffic in my resale store. It started out pretty good until we needed to make changes to customers accounts. Phone numbers could not be changed by us. Customers were frustrated because some people do change numbers. They ask me to give them name and numbers to be changed and they would do it on their end. Once i gave them the numbers they said it was too many to change. The system would go down or Freeze on several occasions and every time they would call it was hard to get through and when we did they said the would look in to it and call us back. Most of the time they would never call back. We would type in a customers phone number and someone else name would come up. Causing confusion. I have customers complain including my self (business owner) that could not receive emails or text messages. They said they would look in to it. I ended up giving them another email because they didn't know why. It began to get hard for my employees to call for support because they would be on the phone a very long time for Fivestars to say the cant fix our problem but will look in to it and call back. They would not call back and we would have to start over calling. This was suppose to help my business, but when customers can not receive the emails, text or change phone numbers, they get mad. After 2 years of trying to make this work with them i told them i wanted to cancel my service. They ask why i told them to look at my file and see all the problems i have had that they couldn't fix. He looked and said yes he understood. A few days later i got a call from Fivestars saying they think they have fixed most of my problems and they would drop my monthly fee by about $75. At this point i told them i do not trust them and wouldn't use them if it was FREE.

courtney mcelligott

This loyalty service has been awesome for our company, brings back tons of repeat customers.

Reviewed 2018-07-13

Repeat customers, new customers, happy customers! That it keeps encouraging repeat customers to come back. You can provide any type of reward for your customers and all the points/ redemptions are customizable. They come out with software updates and those are automatically installed.

Anonymous

Take your customer loyalty to new heights

Reviewed 2018-08-15

This product is amazing, it is not available everywhere but will definitely become widely used across all major cities. It makes your business look professional and passionate. They provide the sleek looking tech that customers use to enter their phone number and help is always around the corner when needed. Well worth the money! Social media is a crowded market place and using this to send customers rewards is a great way to add a personal touch. Sure there are other reward platforms out there, but from my experience this is the best yet. It is so simple to keep track, change rewards, upload data and contact your consumer base. If you are still thinking about it, this is me telling you to do it.

Jonathan Ison

Best rewards program out there

Reviewed 2018-04-04

Rewards programs are an ingenious marketing tool and I think no one does it better than FiveStars. The way users can conveniently "check-in" with their phone number, receive text messages with new offers from FiveStars and earn rewards with points. I really like how mostly local, small business are have offers from FiveStars. It makes it even easier to support them over the large corporate chains, which I enjoy doing.

Josh Stigal

Great Loyalty Software

Reviewed 2018-11-30

We used to use paper loyalty cards and clients were losing those all the time, so they could never redeem their loyalty points. Also, I was spending a lot of money in new cards because when a client lost a card, they got a new one. This has saved me time and allows the clients to actually get their reward points, which is great! It's offered at a reasonable price as well. I've seen an influx in customer engagement with my loyalty program since I started using fivestarsFivestars is an easy to use, great customer loyalty software. Clients can earn reward points each time they come to my business. It gives them an incentive to keep coming back! The promotions you can create are really easy to set up.

Carla Landeros

FiveStars at Gelato Paradiso

Reviewed 2016-10-27

We've been using FS for about 10 months now, at first some our customers complained about giving out their phone number and they refused to do so until they realized we weren't going to bombard them with info and that it was totally worth it to receive deals in addition to the point rewards. My only complaint is that the tablets haven't been very reliable for us. They constantly disconnect from the internet or stop communicating with each other and we have to troubleshoot them AT LEAST once a day. The chargers are flimsy as well. We've had to order new ones and we're going to be ordering more here soon because one of them broke again already. I do not know if we will be renewing after a year. When it works, it is easy to use.

EDDIE ESCOBAR

FiveStars Reward Program

Reviewed 2016-11-16

One of the best decisions that we made at Gauchos Gourmet Market was implementing the FiveStar rewards program. Its a great tool in retaining your clientele and keep them informed of specials that you may have and also a great to communicate any event that you may have. Our clients a very much into the program and they love the discounts that they received with their purchases.Its pretty self explanatory and easy to use.

Great Loyalty Program

Reviewed 2018-07-20

Improved Loyalty program over the paper punch cards. Improved conversion and customer satisfaction. Saved time and frustration over lost paper cards and missing rewards. The dashboard design is easy to use and customizable. The autopilot functions show the results in an easy to read format that makes it so nice in seeing what works and what doesn't.

Richard D'Alessio

Kinda worth the money

Reviewed 2016-10-27

It's a pretty turn key loyalty system and there is well thought out support behind it. But to be fair, we do a lot of work pushing the 5 star brand too, so it feels like we're paying for a service, but also paying to promote you. We pay for lots of apps and 5 star is the most expensive so therefore the least ROI. Every month, I reconsider if it's really worth it. A monthly fee of about $100-$150 seems a better value that I wouldn't question.It works, no glitches.

Shannon Hanz

Custom program

Reviewed 2016-11-29

We really appreciate that Five Stars tweeked the "1 point per dollar spent" feature to our specific store needs which is "1 point per $25 dollars spent". Our customers are loving the FiveStar option and look forward to the little bonuses we are able to send out. A feature that our paper card can not offer. We are very pleased to be FiveStar affiliates.Anytime there is any problem...the customer service team walks us thru the quickest way to fix it.

Holly Furdo

Great value for the price, easy to use and consumer friendly!

Reviewed 2016-11-29

We love that our customers get texts. It has increased sales and awareness about our store! Great way to grab their attention. I've had customers say they turned the car around to come shop due to the coupon I had just sent out!Immediate response

Andrew Spaulding

Golf Course Review of FiveStars

Reviewed 2016-10-27

We have only used FiveStars for one season so far. It gives us great and immediate access to our best and most loyal customers. The automated system does a great job of creating return business. The ability to create custom promotions pays for the monthly fee. The most important thing is to give your staff training and incentive to sign up your customers to the Five Stars Program. My only complaint is with the birthday promotion. It needs to be more flexible and allow for more detailed offers. Seamless integration with POS system.

Mark Miller

Good but not great

Reviewed 2016-10-27

Been with Five Stars for a few years now. Just recently found out that if the customers don't "reply with Y,' they are not even getting our texts or emails. This was not always the case. I realize there is a law on the books now that requires this, but someone at Fivestars, should have reached out to us to alert us. I feel like the last year of sign ups, was a complete waste of time. My scanner never works. I got tired of calling in all of the time to fix it or get a new one. Now, we don't offer the cards anymore since the scanner never works. In the console it used to say, Text or Email. Now, it says, "Announcements or Promotions." I not sure who came up with that one. Text and email, is pretty cut and dry. Your retailers know exactly what those are and what they do. However, every time one of our stores goes to send something out, we have to back and look what Announcement is, and what Promotion is. Its like you are purposely trying to not be user friendly.I used to like the data and it was easy to use.

Deb Stull

Awesome Rewards System

Reviewed 2018-03-13

It really does create repeat customers!Our customers love it! It is easy to customize your own rewards and it does not spam our customers which they appreciate.

Liz Rosenbaum

Best reward program ever!

Reviewed 2016-10-27

We added Five Stars about 6 months ago and our customers LOVE it and so do we! It gives me the freedom and creativity of rewards for my loyal customers when I use # hashtags. I highly recommend using this for your business!I have 2 tablets to use, and they both have locks for security purposes. I like how easy it is to sign people up and instantly reward them for being great customers.

Carlos Luque

Awesome program

Reviewed 2016-11-29

Five stars is easy to use, and has many tools to help track customers and help growth. Customer service is top notch.Ease of use