FiveStars Logo

User ratings

4.6

1.2K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.73/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It's easy to use and our customers like the system. They enjoy knowing they are getting a reward for being loyal to us.

LR

LYNN R.

I enjoy how easy it is to have multiple businesses stored in the app for loyalty reward tracking.

SM

Stacey M.

My overall experience is pleasant, I think Five stars is great because it helps the business owners to gain more attraction/ traffic and the customers point of view is receiving discounts/ bonuses.

MP

Melissa P.

They didn’t wanted to to anything about their mistake!, they told me that’s what it was showing on their computer and that’s what it was, I had to call my bank to dispute the transaction.

CM

Carlos M.

And as users, they don’t notify us to use our points before the company opts out. Resulting in waste of points and eventually loss of customers.

Colin A.

It's hard to remember which places use five stars and in the app it's annoying to have to press the bubble again to get out of the business rather than just pressing out (it won't let you).

Adam R.

FiveStars users...

Perkville-logocaret
listing-logo

Perkville

Compare both
How would you rate FiveStars?

1,227 reviews

Stefania M.

Owner and Teacher

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Not Suitable for My Yoga Business

Transcript

Stefania M.: Hi. My name is Stefania, I am a yoga studio owner and a yoga teacher, and my rating for...

Fivestars

Transcript

Melissa O.: I'm Melissa. I am an owner. I give Fivestars a four out of five review. For more reviews...

Not just for your normal businesses.

As I mentioned before, Fivestars has enabled me to engage with my clients and their parents without having to make them spend a lot of money for other tutors and learning academies. They are able to enjoy the coupons and rewards while having the feeling that they can trust my abilities in teaching and tutoring. Fivestars has been easy to use and very important to my business.

Pros

I like being able to implement rewards for students that I work with to encourage them to keep on attending tutoring sessions while saving a significant amount of money compared to other starting prices for other private tutors. It is also an incentive for parents or students to push their kids to keep on developing their skills while supporting my own tutoring business.

Cons

There is nothing wrong with this software. I have enjoyed every feature and I am excited for new updates and ways to engage with my clients.

Great for bringing back customers

My experience has been extremely pleasant. I definitely recommend this company. They are on top of their software game.

Pros

This software is the best. I like that it's easy to use for the company and the customers. This reward program brings customers back.

Cons

I really like everything about this software. No problems in 2 years

Helps increase traffic to your business

As I mentioned above, I co-own an auto detailing business and a customer recommended Five Stars to us. In the few months we've been using Five Stars, we've noticed a slight increase in business. I actually use it myself too and it's a fun way to find deals in your own community and when you're traveling..

Pros

I like how Five Stars is pretty straight forward and easy to use. I co-own an auto detailing company and a customer actually recommended Five Stars to us. Since then we have definitely noticed a slight increase in business based on that alone.

Cons

It would be great if more businesses participated in this, and also it does take quite a while to earn enough points for any significant discounts or coupons.

Great!

Pros

I like that i'm able to see all the rewards in one spot and am also able to see where you can use your rewards. I will recommend this app to all my friends needing to use this software for similar occasions.

Cons

I wish they provided consumers and restaurants with more opportunities to advertise their specials.

Get Rewards Easy!

Pros

I love how this application helps me to gain points at my local favorite places so easily! Keeps me going back to the same businesses more frequently!

Cons

I honestly don't have anything negative to say. The software/application works really well!

Rewarded at my Favorite Stores

One of my favorite features that stores offers, feels great getting discounts and points!

Pros

Getting rewarded and points at places I frequently visit

Cons

Every time I join at a new store, it sends me a text and will sometimes add me to that retailer's mailing list.

Great customer incentive

Pros

I've used FiveStar as a customer for several years and like the incentives I'm given to return to a store, as well as the rewards. It's easy to connect your purchase to your account (just type in your number at checkout) and you can view your points and rewards with the app.

Cons

No dislikes, other than my favorite retailer discontinued using FiveStars.

Loyalty Reward Platform!!!

Overall It's A Useful Platform For Businesses That know How To Use it To their Advantage.

Pros

It's Easy To Have Multiple Businesses Stored On The App For Loyalty Reward Tracking Which Is Awesome. Customers Love The Platform. They Enjoy knowing That They Are Getting Rewarded For Staying Loyal To Our Team.

Cons

The Customer Service Needs Some Work!!! But it's ok As a User They Don't Notify You to Use Your Points Before the Company opts Out . Which Wastes Points & After Some Time The Customer Will Not Return.

Well worth using FiveStars

I’ve enjoyed using it and the $ savings accumulated while using it.

Pros

I like the ease of use and visibility to look up rewards.

Cons

No dislikes about this particular program.

FiveStars

It is easy to use, reliable, trackable, and understandable.

Pros

The ability to see places reviewed and decide where to go next...

Cons

I wish there was a way to get Five-star rewards and discounts

We been with five stars for over four years now. Minus a few quirks, we'd do it all over again!

I cannot stress how valuable a solid email list is. Combine that with selective marketing and Five Stars continues to strive for my business.

Pros

It has been so long that I am really not sure but I think, the box doesn't even come with instructions. It's one of those things that really is that simple. When we first subscribed to the service I was like, what's up with the cost? I love being wrong, I was way wrong. This does the job of three employees and doesn't have "a family emergency" every Sunday. It gets down to the core of marketing. Gather your data base and learn from your customers. We really enjoy being able target specific emails or sms to your allocated groups. If someone hasn't been through your doors in a while. The dang computer sends them a sweet old "come back and see us message on it's own!" Come on!

Cons

Okay, let's talk about it. It's more expensive than some of it's competitors. (After having s few, I'd rather pay the extra.) And dang it guys. Please someone in the IT department schedule updates during non-business hours. Pretty, pretty please.

Software - lacking

I want to be able to link to my POS system to automatically redeem points. I am not a fan of entering the rewards into two systems or having to manually enter it into the POS I would prefer it do it automatically or be able to click to redeem them and it syncs to the POS and eliminates the human error of entering the discount wrong. I also would like more options for sending out notifications to...

Pros

its ability to program and push promos to a wide base of people. I like using phone numbers to keep track of points cause then people don't loose them but it also makes you give away more discounts cause no points are lost. Its easy to sign up and people are more willing to participate in the rewards because it is so simple to do

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't sync with my POS and all the rewards have to be entered manually.

Five Stars Loyalty simplified our loyalty program while improving our customer relations

can't say that there is anything I don't like about the program. I was able to schedule announcements in advance which saved time. My customers appreciated not having to carry around a plastic or paper punch card. The tablets were easy to set up. Customers responded so well with the program. I am very happy we decided to use FiveStars

Pros

FiveStars not only helped create and maintain our loyalty program, but they also monitor customer interactions to turn a one time shopper in to a loyal customer. It is very user friendly. Customers use a tablet to enter their information and once they're in the system, we can reward them with coupons and incentives to come back to shop. FiveStars monitors how long a customer has been away from the...

Cons

I

Love local fivestar drive my business

I use Fivestars at Hideout, for calculating daily sales, use it as a tool for marketing and drive the sales thought multiple dimensions.

Pros

Loyalty program, low cost and convenience

Cons

No yet has the customer pay by phone option.

Fivestars Review

Fivestars have really given me no issues that have needed any customer service to resolve. Therefore I can’t give any useful info to anyone who possibly had issues with this app over all. All I can say is that if all apps worked this well I would have apps loaded in my phone like I have rounds loaded in my shotgun. May not ever need them but they aren’t hurting anyone by being there, but when u need it, you know it’s going to do what it’s supposed too. Overall best app on my phone yet. In fact just got my first $5.00 savings this Saturday. Let’s keep up the great work guys. Enter your number earn points and get free discounts, no reason for any negativity. Love you guys..

Pros

I like being able to just type in my number and be able to see what my balance is and what promotions are available immediately for use. I also like being texted with all specials and deals that are available at the store with the dates and times that these deals are available. And as long as u click to agree to use those points once texted they are automatically applied to your account at checkout time with no additional info required. It’s like it’s all been saved in there for you, and ready to be used immediately.

Cons

Really there isn’t much I don’t like about the app other than that cloudscape is a ways away from my house. So sometimes these sales are a little far from my home especially during the weekdays when I’m at work. Like they are Monday through Wednesday sales and I’m a plumber and very tired when I get home so to drive all the way there is really quit a drive. Especially the 405 freeway between 3 and...

Worth The Investment!

As a family owned business, we know the importance of customer loyalty. FiveStars allows us to see what motivates our return customers, and to keep track of the customers who are less regular. The set-up was easy. As soon as we received our tablets, a Customer Service person walked us through step-by-step. The software is user friendly, so we were able to implement FiveStars immediately. Their marketing specialists have helped us establish effective rewards and promotions. Technical support has been great too! In addition to their support phone number, FiveStars also has chat and e-mail contacts, which means we can always get an answer to any question we may run into.

Pros

Very user friendly software - Customer support is super! We run 5 registers at one time, and we are easily able to identify customers at the front counter. After a customer has been in once, we can call them by name as soon as they enter their phone number.

Cons

We have had multiple customers log in with both their home phone and their cell phone numbers, and it would be nice if there was a way for us to merge those two numbers together into one account without having to contact FiveStars each time this happens. It would also be great if their information could communicate directly with our order entry. It isn't a big inconvenience, but that would remove one extra step at the front counter if we didn't have to make entries manually.

Great paperless platform for rewards

Fivestars gets rid of the hassle of bringing my rewards cards to the vendor/small business each time I order something. Usually I forget to bring my physical reward card, or lose it. It'd be cool if users could transfer their stars/rewards to other users through the software (from user to user, not just from company to customer).

Pros

I like that I can easily gain rewards from multiple small businesses that I frequent through the same platform. All of my credit cards and information are tied to the same account, so that if I happen to use a different card, I still will accumulate benefits from the business.

Cons

The layout of the FiveStar software is a bit different at Urban Ritual compared to what I'm used to at other businesses. Finding how many stars I have is more difficult at Urban Ritual, since the screen is crowded with other information such as how many stars it takes to get 'x' reward vs. 'y' reward. It would be nice to highlight how many stars you have vs. how many stars you need for rewards on a uniform graph, such as a progress bar of sorts.

Excellent Loyalty Rewards Program for Small Businesses

The pros: We are a large consignment clothing store and are fairly new to formal loyalty programs. The Fivestars program has been immensely popular and has definitely resulted in revenue increases. Out flash sales have transformed into buzz-worthy events where, before, they were hardly noticed. We strongly recommend Fivestars if you are looking into a rewards/loyalty program for your small biz. Retention...

Pros

See review.

Cons

See review.

The good and the bad.

Pros

Fivestars is an excellent software that is easy to use and is great for rewarding current clients. You can customize the rewards you give to current clients very easily. The text out feature is also nice to get your current promotions out.

Cons

When you sign up for the program they sell you on the business matching (marketing) for people that are on the app and near your business. You can create specials that pop up when people that use the app are near by. The problem is they don't switch on business matching for you unless you sign up 20 new fivestars members a week. I operate a spa that sees a lot of repeat clients and we don't always have 20 new clients a week which makes it very hard to be able to utilize this part of the service. I think smaller businesses should know this before they pay the big price tag for the hardware and service. Or they should find a way to include smaller businesses more effectively.

easy to use...

see previous entry. most experiences have been positive. unexpected loss of accumulated points is almost deceitful.

Pros

from a consumer standpoint, very easy to use. tracks points flawlessly.

Cons

wasted points. when someone drops out of the program & you've been accumulating points towards a special reward, it is beyond frustrating when they drop the program without notice, leaving the consumer without recourse. providers should provide those with accumulated points sufficient notice to use their points (30 days) before the program is dropped from that location. Supercuts left my spouse & myself...

loyalty, simple

Sending messages to customers to inform them our new promotion, which greatly attracts customers coming back and keep updated with the deals.

Pros

Basically, it works as a loyalty program and at the same time, it offers the function of sending out the message to customers (who joined the FiveStar loyalty program). So we can directly send out the promotion info/deals to the customers and it's no limit of the messages' numbers under the subscription plan. Customers can check their fivestar point and receive the updates from different stores via the fivestar app.

Cons

You are not only paying per month for the subscription plan but also paying extra for every customer FiveStar help you attract them back to your store. Plus, the app and the software sometimes will down due to the technical issue, for example, the free drink voucher cannot be redeemed via the platform.

Customer loyalty with STARS

Fivestar is an user friendly program which helps to keep update with customers. Help to build loyal customers by sending them messages to inform about new promotion and keep updated them with the deals.

Pros

This is simple and user-friendly as well as it is customizable. Super customer service. It helps to get critical customer data.

Cons

Its SOMETIMES hard to reach customer support quickly.

Lies and then more lies

Horrible Their rep made promises and now that he is gone they will not honor anything or even acknowledge my issues

Pros

It is super easy to use, anyone can figure out how to use it from the front or back end

Cons

The representative who signed us up told us it was a year contract. At the end of that year we could cancel, he promised there would be no new charges after the prepaid year. He no longer works for them. Shortly before payroll was due Fivestars pulled $2400 from our account. We had no warning. I called them, they set up a phone appointment. They never showed for two of those phone appointments....

Great way to engage customers and get detailed behavior metrics

Overall great for consumers and very valuable data for the restaurants to understand the customer.

Pros

Fivestars is a quick way to setup a loyalty program if you don't already have one. You don't need to be the size of a chain store to provide one and this has better customer marketing than the traditional punch card / stamps. Set your loyalty reward (i.e. 10 trips = 1 free item) and start seeing the repeat business. It's very frictionless to setup and in most cases, the customer just needs to quickly key in their phone number to log a visit. The real key is understanding the pattern of customers and being able to tweak loyalty rewards to increase business. The mobile app is great for consumers to track their trips and points.

Cons

Pricing is subscription based, per month pricing. It's not inexpensive but they do provide the install kit. It may take some time at first to see real benefits if you are not aggressive with promotions.

Five stars system review

My overall experience with Fivestar has been amazing. At Christmas I found myself going to stores I knew had Fivestar, so I could earn check-ins and points for my purchases. I now have a text from one of my favorite stores on their upcoming big sale, AND a $5 off that I can use on my next visit - just for shopping at a place I was going to most likely go to no matter what, but with this system they can have the reassurance I will be back :) It’s a win win in my book. Great idea, and all businesses should have a Fivestar machine at checkout.

Pros

I love that I can go into one of my favorite stores, be able to type my phone number in, and earn points for shopping at a place I was going to anyways. Earning points and check-ins that reward me in time with money will make anyone smile.

Cons

I honestly can’t say I have found anything wrong so far with this software itself. I do wish sometimes I would be reminded to make sure I put my phone number in by the store clerk themselves, but that is in no way the fault of the Fivestar service system.