FiveStars Reviews

FiveStars

Providing Loyalty and Marketing for 15,000 Local Businesses

4.59/5 (1,182 reviews)

Pros
  • This program is super easy to use. I love being able to keep track of my customers purchases, and reward them for their loyalty.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • What I like most about Fivestars is the ease to which I can get loyalty bonuses and connect to different stores that I may not have known about previously.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • My overall experience with Fivestars has been amazing. I love that products give me the opportunity to save money at places that I frequent often.Miracalle T.Read the full review
Cons
  • Keeping bad reviews and unsatisfied customers from Trip Advisor.Michael O.Read the full review
  • It's hard to remember which places use five stars and in the app it's annoying to have to press the bubble again to get out of the business rather than just pressing out (it won't let you).Adam R.Read the full review
  • Worthless, lying salesperson & worst customer service.Natalija N.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Marcus King

We have increased our customer satisfaction greatly, and easu/

Reviewed 2018-07-24

customer frequency has increased greatly. Quarterly customers become monthly, and monthly customers become weekly. It adds up quickly. Customers enjoy the rewards programs, because it requires no membership card, and it is easy to redeem rewards.

Pros
Ease of use. My staff required nearly zero training on this product, and the down time for the hardware is less than 1% of our operational time.

Cons
It is a little pricey. That is why I rated it 4 stars for value at cost. But, it is very worth the expense. The question about how often do we use the software does not allow for our actual frequency of use which is closer to "every 5 minutes" than Daily, which was the most frequent response allowed.

Nipuna Rangika

Customer loyalty with STARS

Reviewed 2019-08-27

Fivestar is an user friendly program which helps to keep update with customers. Help to build loyal customers by sending them messages to inform about new promotion and keep updated them with the deals.

Pros
This is simple and user-friendly as well as it is customizable. Super customer service. It helps to get critical customer data.

Cons
Its SOMETIMES hard to reach customer support quickly.

Willie Valead

Higher points earned per purchase over other reward apps

Reviewed 2020-04-16

Overall great app for anybody wanting to save a buck or be rewarded for their purchase. It's great that customers are being rewarded for being loyal

Pros
Points actually accumulated fairly quick and the program is so user-friendly anybody from a child to a senior citizen can use it with ease

Cons
In my opinion the only downfall is I can't go back and review what I purchased for what I'm getting points for only the amount spent

Tara Nagelhout

Lies and then more lies

Reviewed 2019-02-25

Horrible Their rep made promises and now that he is gone they will not honor anything or even acknowledge my issues

Pros
It is super easy to use, anyone can figure out how to use it from the front or back end

Cons
The representative who signed us up told us it was a year contract. At the end of that year we could cancel, he promised there would be no new charges after the prepaid year. He no longer works for them. Shortly before payroll was due Fivestars pulled $2400 from our account. We had no warning. I called them, they set up a phone appointment. They never showed for two of those phone appointments. I finally spoke with Silvana who told me they would refund the $2400 if and only if I signed a new contract promising to pay them monthly for the next year We did not want to continue the service, but if i didn't sign that, they would not give me the $2400 back. Even after I signed it, it took them over a week to give the money back. It has been 10 months and we received an email stating that we needed to let the know if we don't want to renew next year. We never received that email the first year, but all the same I clicked on the link to let them know there was no way we were renewing. Guess what? They set up a phone interview, you can't cancel on their website. I got the call from them today and I was able to terminate the contract for two months from now, when the 12 month contract i signed under duress expires. But then, she told me we have to mail back the two tablets. I was quite sure we paid for those becuase that's what their rep who signed us up told me. So now we were told we paid for those up front, but we have to send them back, we even have to pay for t

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Adam Rosasco

Good app, but sometimes difficult to find deals

Reviewed 2020-02-25

Overall it's a good app, but it would be better to have some way to remember and know when to use your five stars account at a place. Lots of the time I've only noticed places take five stars after I've already paid.

Pros
I love these rewards programs and it's really fast and easy to accumulate points quite fast to get a free or discounted item.

Humberto Acuña

It's always great to receive an added bonus

Reviewed 2019-08-11

Pros
The software is easy to use for customers. You just use your phone number and create an account. So many companies use them for added bonuses when you buy something using their membership. I've gotten discounts, free meals, and even gotten recommendations for new places because of Fivestar.

Cons
Honestly, I haven't had any issues with Fivestar at all as a customer. The only time I've gotten frustrated with it has been because the store or restaurant that uses Fivestar has had internet issues and I don't get my points.

Anonymous

Customer impact has been amazing

Reviewed 2020-03-23

I would highly recommend using this product for promotional/marketing campaigns, notices, and general communication.

Pros
Fivestars makes contacting, promoting, and engaging our customers extremely easy. We send out weekly promotional emails to clients through their messaging platform and we have proved out noticeable engagement increases for our key clients and target markets.

Cons
The only con I can really think of is that sometimes trying to contact customer/user support can be difficult when issues or bugs arise. I have only come across a few negligible bugs, so not a huge deal, but it would be great if they built our a support chat bot function to address these concerns.

Rachel Cohen-Ford

Great Incentive System

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-03-30

Pros
I am writing this as a customer, not as a business that utilizes the software. On the user-side, it is easy to use, tracks items for you, and sends notifications when businesses have specials or events. I appreciate the "set it and forget it" usage of this app, and find myself going to businesses that have Fivestars in order to use their coupons or to earn rewards. In other words, this type of system works for me!

Cons
The only minor annoyance that I have with Fivestars is that you do get automatically added to notification lists if you visit a business once. This is the dark side to the easiness of the app, and it is easy to unsubscribe or it would be a bigger issue.

Colin Andres

5/5 Stars

Reviewed 2020-02-25

Fivestars is good when you want to check out deals nearby. Helped to get a lot more for a lot less

Pros
This software is great for getting the most bang for your buck. Companies that use Fivestars really help to reel in customers to take advantage of all they have to offer.

Cons
Sometimes companies opt out of using fivestars. And as users, they don’t notify us to use our points before the company opts out. Resulting in waste of points and eventually loss of customers.

Alexis Rau

Fivestars gets Five Stars from me!

Reviewed 2020-02-21

Fivestars App has been beneficial in experience. The app makes it easier to remember to get your points so that you can redeem them for rewards and discounts.

Pros
With Fivestars, customers can get rid of the paper rewards program that stores use to keep track of how many points they have. With the points the customers can receive discounts on certain purchases.

Cons
I dont like that there isnt a way to search by your first and last name. You have to know the phone number for the account you wish to look up your account.

alex Rangel

We been with five stars for over four years now. Minus a few quirks, we'd do it all over again!

Reviewed 2018-07-17

I cannot stress how valuable a solid email list is. Combine that with selective marketing and Five Stars continues to strive for my business.

Pros
It has been so long that I am really not sure but I think, the box doesn't even come with instructions. It's one of those things that really is that simple. When we first subscribed to the service I was like, what's up with the cost? I love being wrong, I was way wrong. This does the job of three employees and doesn't have "a family emergency" every Sunday. It gets down to the core of marketing. Gather your data base and learn from your customers. We really enjoy being able target specific emails or sms to your allocated groups. If someone hasn't been through your doors in a while. The dang computer sends them a sweet old "come back and see us message on it's own!" Come on!

Cons
Okay, let's talk about it. It's more expensive than some of it's competitors. (After having s few, I'd rather pay the extra.) And dang it guys. Please someone in the IT department schedule updates during non-business hours. Pretty, pretty please.

Landon Rowley

Software - lacking

Reviewed 2016-11-15

I want to be able to link to my POS system to automatically redeem points. I am not a fan of entering the rewards into two systems or having to manually enter it into the POS I would prefer it do it automatically or be able to click to redeem them and it syncs to the POS and eliminates the human error of entering the discount wrong. I also would like more options for sending out notifications to people. There are 6-8 template options but I would like a variety of more or the ability to create my own. I wish I could post more often as well; once a week sometimes isn't enough for our store. I don't like being restricted at being locked out so I can't push a promo for X days till it opens up again. It forces me to be more strategic hold all my cards for the big event/promo and if it flops than I can't do another push till it clears out... All in all helps to maintain loyal customers - it doesn't do much to bring in more people and extend your reach but does well and keeping our base.

Pros
its ability to program and push promos to a wide base of people. I like using phone numbers to keep track of points cause then people don't loose them but it also makes you give away more discounts cause no points are lost. Its easy to sign up and people are more willing to participate in the rewards because it is so simple to do

Cons
I don't like that it doesn't sync with my POS and all the rewards have to be entered manually.

Pam Sc

Five Stars Loyalty simplified our loyalty program while improving our customer relations

Reviewed 2018-03-12

can't say that there is anything I don't like about the program. I was able to schedule announcements in advance which saved time. My customers appreciated not having to carry around a plastic or paper punch card. The tablets were easy to set up. Customers responded so well with the program. I am very happy we decided to use FiveStars

Pros
FiveStars not only helped create and maintain our loyalty program, but they also monitor customer interactions to turn a one time shopper in to a loyal customer. It is very user friendly. Customers use a tablet to enter their information and once they're in the system, we can reward them with coupons and incentives to come back to shop. FiveStars monitors how long a customer has been away from the store and allowed us to target certain messages to those customers who hadn't been in the store in a while. We were able to make our customer count stronger and created a sense of urgency with coupons and promotions. It was also beneficial that we could let customers know about upcoming events. I love that FiveStars wants you to be successful. They would call to check in and give useful advice and tips to continue to grow our business through the loyalty program.

Cons
I

Mohamed Buhary

Love local fivestar drive my business

Reviewed 2019-08-09

I use Fivestars at Hideout, for calculating daily sales, use it as a tool for marketing and drive the sales thought multiple dimensions.

Pros
Loyalty program, low cost and convenience

Cons
No yet has the customer pay by phone option.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Randell Quenett

Fivestars Review

Reviewed 2019-02-24

Fivestars have really given me no issues that have needed any customer service to resolve. Therefore I can’t give any useful info to anyone who possibly had issues with this app over all. All I can say is that if all apps worked this well I would have apps loaded in my phone like I have rounds loaded in my shotgun. May not ever need them but they aren’t hurting anyone by being there, but when u need it, you know it’s going to do what it’s supposed too. Overall best app on my phone yet. In fact just got my first $5.00 savings this Saturday. Let’s keep up the great work guys. Enter your number earn points and get free discounts, no reason for any negativity. Love you guys..

Pros
I like being able to just type in my number and be able to see what my balance is and what promotions are available immediately for use. I also like being texted with all specials and deals that are available at the store with the dates and times that these deals are available. And as long as u click to agree to use those points once texted they are automatically applied to your account at checkout time with no additional info required. It’s like it’s all been saved in there for you, and ready to be used immediately.

Cons
Really there isn’t much I don’t like about the app other than that cloudscape is a ways away from my house. So sometimes these sales are a little far from my home especially during the weekdays when I’m at work. Like they are Monday through Wednesday sales and I’m a plumber and very tired when I get home so to drive all the way there is really quit a drive. Especially the 405 freeway between 3 and 8 pm. So I have no choice but to stay home. I wake up at 3:00 am everyday and I’m bed by 6:30 pm everyday. So I can only go on weekends. Sometimes it sucks that I have to go somewhere else that this cost more to buy, but I’m so tired when I get home, that I have no choice but to go spend my money somewhere closer. I love this cloudscape shop and they have always been very honest, helpful and kind to both my wife and I. Especially since we r new to this whole vaping thing. So that’s all I have negative to say

Amanda Rossell

Worth The Investment!

Reviewed 2016-11-03

As a family owned business, we know the importance of customer loyalty. FiveStars allows us to see what motivates our return customers, and to keep track of the customers who are less regular. The set-up was easy. As soon as we received our tablets, a Customer Service person walked us through step-by-step. The software is user friendly, so we were able to implement FiveStars immediately. Their marketing specialists have helped us establish effective rewards and promotions. Technical support has been great too! In addition to their support phone number, FiveStars also has chat and e-mail contacts, which means we can always get an answer to any question we may run into.

Pros
Very user friendly software - Customer support is super! We run 5 registers at one time, and we are easily able to identify customers at the front counter. After a customer has been in once, we can call them by name as soon as they enter their phone number.

Cons
We have had multiple customers log in with both their home phone and their cell phone numbers, and it would be nice if there was a way for us to merge those two numbers together into one account without having to contact FiveStars each time this happens. It would also be great if their information could communicate directly with our order entry. It isn't a big inconvenience, but that would remove one extra step at the front counter if we didn't have to make entries manually.

Anonymous

Great paperless platform for rewards

Reviewed 2019-03-04

Fivestars gets rid of the hassle of bringing my rewards cards to the vendor/small business each time I order something. Usually I forget to bring my physical reward card, or lose it. It'd be cool if users could transfer their stars/rewards to other users through the software (from user to user, not just from company to customer).

Pros
I like that I can easily gain rewards from multiple small businesses that I frequent through the same platform. All of my credit cards and information are tied to the same account, so that if I happen to use a different card, I still will accumulate benefits from the business.

Cons
The layout of the FiveStar software is a bit different at Urban Ritual compared to what I'm used to at other businesses. Finding how many stars I have is more difficult at Urban Ritual, since the screen is crowded with other information such as how many stars it takes to get 'x' reward vs. 'y' reward. It would be nice to highlight how many stars you have vs. how many stars you need for rewards on a uniform graph, such as a progress bar of sorts.

Trey Rhodes

Excellent Loyalty Rewards Program for Small Businesses

Reviewed 2016-12-01

The pros: We are a large consignment clothing store and are fairly new to formal loyalty programs. The Fivestars program has been immensely popular and has definitely resulted in revenue increases. Out flash sales have transformed into buzz-worthy events where, before, they were hardly noticed. We strongly recommend Fivestars if you are looking into a rewards/loyalty program for your small biz. Retention has been very high as reward points/spiffs have become a valuable commodity for our shoppers. Now for the (minor) cons: There does not seem to be much crossover between our business and others that use Fivestars based upon our anecdotal eveidence. I wish it was more of a local movement. Maybe one day it will be. Also, as far as the technical underpinnings, the API should be exposed to worthy customers (or those willing to pay a modest fee) so that they might integrate it with lesser-known point-of-sale platforms or databases; the company essentially refuses to do this, even though it would benefit both parties. Also, the tablets provided are nice but not without the difficulties associated with wi-fi enabled Android devices. Sometimes they go haywire and we are shut down inexplicably. Let's hope hardware improvements come. ( i'd bet Apple iPads, for instance, would probably provide a huge boost to the overall system reliability.)

Pros
See review.

Cons
See review.

The good and the bad.

Reviewed 2018-12-12

Pros
Fivestars is an excellent software that is easy to use and is great for rewarding current clients. You can customize the rewards you give to current clients very easily. The text out feature is also nice to get your current promotions out.

Cons
When you sign up for the program they sell you on the business matching (marketing) for people that are on the app and near your business. You can create specials that pop up when people that use the app are near by. The problem is they don't switch on business matching for you unless you sign up 20 new fivestars members a week. I operate a spa that sees a lot of repeat clients and we don't always have 20 new clients a week which makes it very hard to be able to utilize this part of the service. I think smaller businesses should know this before they pay the big price tag for the hardware and service. Or they should find a way to include smaller businesses more effectively.

J Robin Estrella

easy to use...

Reviewed 2019-03-28

see previous entry. most experiences have been positive. unexpected loss of accumulated points is almost deceitful.

Pros
from a consumer standpoint, very easy to use. tracks points flawlessly.

Cons
wasted points. when someone drops out of the program & you've been accumulating points towards a special reward, it is beyond frustrating when they drop the program without notice, leaving the consumer without recourse. providers should provide those with accumulated points sufficient notice to use their points (30 days) before the program is dropped from that location. Supercuts left my spouse & myself with enough points amassed for "free" services when they suddenly (and without notice) no longer had a terminal. when you usually get your hair cut every 6 weeks, notifying customers at the terminal would be pointless, advance notification to customers via email or app when a provider like Supercuts is about to drop, allows us enough time to utilize our points. we spent a lot of money getting to that reward level. we should have a chance to use them instead of having them disappear.

Faye Yang

loyalty, simple

Reviewed 2018-06-05

Sending messages to customers to inform them our new promotion, which greatly attracts customers coming back and keep updated with the deals.

Pros
Basically, it works as a loyalty program and at the same time, it offers the function of sending out the message to customers (who joined the FiveStar loyalty program). So we can directly send out the promotion info/deals to the customers and it's no limit of the messages' numbers under the subscription plan. Customers can check their fivestar point and receive the updates from different stores via the fivestar app.

Cons
You are not only paying per month for the subscription plan but also paying extra for every customer FiveStar help you attract them back to your store. Plus, the app and the software sometimes will down due to the technical issue, for example, the free drink voucher cannot be redeemed via the platform.

Stephanie Ford

Five stars system review

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-01-10

My overall experience with Fivestar has been amazing. At Christmas I found myself going to stores I knew had Fivestar, so I could earn check-ins and points for my purchases. I now have a text from one of my favorite stores on their upcoming big sale, AND a $5 off that I can use on my next visit - just for shopping at a place I was going to most likely go to no matter what, but with this system they can have the reassurance I will be back :) It’s a win win in my book. Great idea, and all businesses should have a Fivestar machine at checkout.

Pros
I love that I can go into one of my favorite stores, be able to type my phone number in, and earn points for shopping at a place I was going to anyways. Earning points and check-ins that reward me in time with money will make anyone smile.

Cons
I honestly can’t say I have found anything wrong so far with this software itself. I do wish sometimes I would be reminded to make sure I put my phone number in by the store clerk themselves, but that is in no way the fault of the Fivestar service system.

Jessica Broesche

Pretty Standard, Nothing to Sneeze at.

Reviewed 2019-07-17

Fivestar picks pretty good companies, or vise versa. That gives me the impression there is a good level of trust there, and Vendors that I speak to about it out of curiosity. This is encouraging when giving this sort of feedback. As a consumer/customer, I find it pretty easy to use and easy to navigate!

Pros
This is a pretty neat idea to have as an extra little something when you visit a favorite business of yours or to try something new. I have personally noticed that some “perks” are offered by the business pretty casually, but nice to have them all in one place. I will say that it is a neat and accurate feature to try out what is in the area. Not ideal too much if you don’t live in an area should you never have a chance to use it continuously, but great for local places.

Cons
This app works rather accurately with what it claims, so no real complaints. I cannot wait to see more places that will jump on and use it.

Kesari Fleury

Deals made convenient

Reviewed 2019-03-05

Pros
It's always fun walking into an establishment and seeing the FiveStar console, knowing that I am either going to see a new deal and save money, or I am going to contribute to a future deal. I even like the encouragement it gives me to try something new when, say, the deal is "free dessert" and I've never had the dessert at that cafe before! The whole system in general is a really great way to buy and consume products with a little more mental comfort about my wallet and a little more excitement about the fun deals and discounts I'm about to receive!

Cons
My least favorite thing is that the cashier and I see two different screens. I'll see a deal and sometimes they don't acknowledge it and finish my order before I can add it, or add a deal before I've confirmed I want to use it. This mostly depends on the cashier and not the software itself, but it can be frustrating trying to communicate to cashiers that aren't present or listening to my desires when it comes to using my FiveStar points!

Kyle Bullock

Easy interaction

Reviewed 2016-11-15

I like the paperless idea for the rewards. Saves me time and money dealing with people who lose thier cards and coupons. I also like that i am able to send different offers to customers who have not been back to our restaurant over a period of time. It gives me the ability go offer these customers whatever i choose and also lets me offer all my customers some offers. The only thing i dislike is when the network isnt strong the tablets lose connection

Pros
Paperless. The offers i can extend to lost customers. And how i can track thier points and visits very easily. They are easy to get ahold of to resolve problems

Cons
The network connection and how it goes down. The charge of the tablets doesnt last very long. Sometimes to many points get added to peoples accounts and i which it had a button asking if ur sure before u add those points. Some people are old and technology is hard for them.