All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Glue Up Reviews

Pros

Excellent user support and customer service- EventBank team members supported throughout the process of setting up the event, polite and helpful. Can't wait to use it again.

Petros D.

Read the full review
I am very pleased with the experience with Eventbank. From Willis, their representative in Indonesia, to the support team, the service is very strong.

Nick B.

Read the full review
In addition, the event pages look great which really helps for an organization like ours that doesn't have a website yet.

Stewart P.

Read the full review

Cons

Really fuzzy servers: editing and creating things on the platform is painstakingly slow and often the user can lose all the work done. Newsletter editing features are very, very terrible.

Alberto S.

Read the full review
There are too many notifications sending out when adjustment/update has been made. We prefer to disturb our members as little as possible.

Papatsorn K.

Read the full review
I ran in to an issue where I needed to pay my instructors, venue and other staff but didn't have the funds available, so I had to front the money out of my own pocket.

4.5

Simply idiot proof and ready to deploy without too much hassle

We are very pleased with simplicity of it. We rarely spend time training as most users simply "get it". Its simple and fast out-of-the-box solution . We now have 4 accounts running this software

Pros

I can create an event in 10 minutes , have the webpage out and create collateral. I can update anything all the way to the delegate app onsite in a few simple steps. We moved a few hundred members into the cloud which was relatively simple, and memebrs love the ease with the member app and the profile. Payment option are localized based on country I can assign navigation languages etc. I can assign a client to administer a section of the membership or a specific event.

Cons

Multi currency management is not very friendly. During setup. I cannot correct some historical items Some limitations with regards to registration setup for multiple events segments such as dinners post tours that needs to be overcome

Modern Cloud Software for Membership Driven Organizations

My overall experience has been extremely pleasing and time saving. Time is of the essence and we need to work fast in today's business environment, Eventbank allows me to save time and get things done much quicker due to the fact that many features of running a day-to-day business are built into one portal.

Pros

Many great features under one umbrella. From CRM, Event Management, Social Engagement, Email Marketing Campaigns, Invoicing, Membership Management & Financing, this software enables you run your business effectively and efficiently. Additionally, Eventbank designs and maintains our primary website which provides members and users with a high end look and feel.

Cons

My dislikes are minor (i.e. more member to member engagement features)

SwissCham Southern Africa

GlueUp has changed our life and assisted in keeping our image professional and fresh looking, Great support from the GlueUp team too.

Pros

Through EventBank (now GlueUp) we professionalised our database as well as our event management, which includes invitations, RSVP tracking, payments, etc. Mailings are quick & easy, Membership renewal process in GlueUp is streamlined, and with limited resources the the most efficient way. Strong protection of Members' data.

Cons

Some bugs are still in the system; templates often change colours, payment option via USA not a good solution for South Africa; need local payment option. Interface to SAGE would be brilliant.

Very Poor Core Functionalities - Much better out there for cheaper/free

Overall it's been troublesome. Our sales cycle was hurried through, and the company pushed a sale through before the product could have been properly assessed by our new digital team. Unfortunately, we've been unable to cancel our contract - which is somewhat understandable. However, we've found the company to be extremely dismissive and condescending when faced with legitimate product concerns. This is not a product for any organisation that is looking for VFM.

Pros

Given that none of the core features service our organisation's needs, we cannot speak to this.

Cons

From the implementation widget to the lack of membership-gating for content, there is a lot to not like about this product. The low send volumes for email newsletters, coupled with the high cost and poor email builder (white-labeled SendGrid) are extremely annoying. The email costs alone make this more expensive than either MailChimp or Squarespace's native mailer feature. If you have the budget, you should stretch to Hubspot, which integrates seamlessly with Eventbrite. We are limited by the number of custom fields we can add to entries/applications. The end user experience is cumbersome and somewhat meaningless. It's essentially just a payment portal with an events widget and a mailer - neither of which work particularly well, or are any better than the free options.

Dear Ashwin, We are sorry you feel that our products are not a good fit for your organization. The sales cycle was initiated on January 11th and resulted in the signed contract on February 26th. During that time, we ensured a demo was provided, examples were shown, took the time to clearly and accurately answer the numerous questions that were presented, and waited for board approval as well prior...

Supporting our business well overall

Pros

GlueUp is supporting us in the growth of our business, through its integrated CRM solutions. The event management software facilitates end-to-end management of our events and workshops and gives us the ability to offer our members tailored and interactive user functions. As a small and growing business, we also appreciate the one-on-one service offered by our account manager – as personalised service is what we’re all about.

Cons

Automated email functionality could be improved, for example: emails welcoming new members.

Hub for all Membership, Events and CRM needs

The CRM, event customization and marketing features + after service are our top key considerations.

Pros

Keeping the contacts in the database is crucial in the Chamber's operations. We have taken advantage of the events management features that are synchronized with the CRM. We are able to monitor and track the activities of our members and partners.

Cons

The automated campaign platforms is outstanding however, we hope that the next version will include some more flexibility in the elements, layout, and template.

All-in-one Membership/ CRM/ Event Management Platform

That's seamless. The automation programme helps to save paper, and can enable the system to send auto-email to the members/ attendees with customisation function. Love the convenient set up a professional webpage in 10 mins.

Pros

Integration with Membership, CRM, Events, Marketing and Finance altogether, and it could be the only platform to support the organization's operations. Value for money and great customer success team to answer any kind of questions to accommodate our business needs.

Cons

It can beef up a little bit of the campaign module to have more targeting and re-targeting functions to leverage the all-rounded marketing efforts.

Best on the market

Pros

I have demoed over 20 similar solutions. The software has all our required functionalities. The UX/UI is clean and elegant. The customer service is exceptional (special thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). The value for money is unparalleled.

Cons

There are a few functionalities that could be made more user friendly. For instance, it would be great to have more options to customize the invoices or automatic emails sent. The system sometimes lags a little; it could be faster. These are all minor details. The software is overall very good.

Excellent All-in-One Platform to manage Events, Memberships, CRM, Email Marketing and Finance

Pros

As an active Chamber of Commerce, we were looking for something that would enable us (and improve) to manage our events, members, email campaigns, CRM, collect payments and be user-friendly at the same time. We wanted to replace several out-dated technologies and instead use one software for our internal operations. It also happened that at the same time we were looking for a new website solution...

Cons

EventBank's all-in-one platform has few shortcomings that I can think about and it has meet our expectations. We are looking forward to the new products features that are being released in the (near) future.

Great tool for Chambers of Commerce

Our Chamber has been using Eventbank for almost 2 years now and we are able to provide a much more professional service to our Members and to keep better track of new leads and our guests. We are overall very satisfied with the service.

Pros

It is an all-in-one software: Events Management, Membership Management, Database recording

Cons

Automatic messaging should be more customizable.

Solid Chamber Management Software

Overall, the experience with EventBank has been largely positive and we hope that EventBank continues to listen to customer feedback and comments in order to facilitate continuous product development.

Pros

The software focuses on providing many of the functions that a chamber of commerce requires, especially for events management and CRM.

Cons

While EventBank provides for many of the chamber's needs, one of the challenges has been certain levels of customization, such as for the finance module, in order to comply with local laws.

I got through my first event and realized I needed a different platform once completed

My overall experience was much better than my previous with using other softwares my only gripe was what i mentioned above. If those 4 issues can be fixed then I'd say it's a great platform but for now I'm going to be finding another option.

Pros

It was easy to set up the registration page and ticket options. Somewhat customizable. Check in was standard. Reporting is descent, can download excel spreadsheets for specific ticket types.

Cons

1. The top con on my list would be the payout process. Being that my events function based on ticket sales it's important that I have access to funds more frequently then twice per month. Other ticketing systems will pay you out every few days. I ran in to an issue where I needed to pay my instructors, venue and other staff but didn't have the funds available, so I had to front the money out of my...

Thank you for your review and honest feedback. Customer satisfaction is our highest priority at EventBank, and we are taking your review with the utmost seriousness and have already put in future updates and plan to improve customer experience with the product and services we provide. You'll be pleased to find that we do have an option available to create temporary profiles so that volunteers...

User-Friendly

I am very happy as it functions as one stop centre for both event and membership management.

Pros

I have been using the EventBank software for almost 1 year above. At first, to be honest, I hesitated to switch to EventBank from the previous software (the feel to stay in the comfort zone even though it wasn't). Reluctantly, I chose EventBank due to recommendations from my employer and they proved I was wrong. EventBank made my life easier. There few points I would like to state here to justify...

Cons

The least that I liked about this software is there should be linked with the respective organization's banks.

Has a lot of potential once improvements are made.

In terms of event management, we find it easier to track, manage, and promote all our events. We no longer have to use separate programs to create events and send out campaigns or invites to our members and subscribers. Payments are now easier to track and count. As we are still generally new in using the software, I believe that an in-depth orientation and training is needed. Customer service can also be improved. There is room for improvement in terms of customization and report generation for clients. We have been approached by other companies offering customizable report generation services that is fitted to our organizations needs.

Pros

- Event management features. - Event page design templates.

Cons

- We cannot use HTML to personalize campaigns unless we create a new template. - The organization's logo is very small when it shown on the event page. - No way to customize logo placement. - The campaigns get cut-off in Gmail when it reaches a certain length. - Navigating, categorizing, and customizing the membership listing to fit our needs is hard to do. - Event Calendar Campaign layout is not customizable - Limited Email and Contact allowances.

Eventbank were our ticketing partner for the 2018 St Patrick's Day Irish Ball

The software made the sale and management of tickets and financial reporting incredibly easy and straightforward.

Pros

The software was easy to use, provided up to date information, allowed for the creation of reports with detailed information and the Customer Support provided by Eventbank was great, all queries were dealt with in a timely and professional manner.

Cons

The only con was the inability to create tickets for a full table as a back end user. This is an event specific con as creation of individual tickets is a very easy process

Thank you for such a nice review, Martina! We are so proud to be working with you for 3 years already. And as a valued customer, I have some good news to share with you - I have talked to our Product Team about your feedback and we are going to develop a feature to add group (table) registrations, so we can save you even more time when you organize the next Irish Ball!

Getting better each day

Helping me by a click of a button to reach my members

Pros

- I love this product's interface that's much easy to use by novices - I like the customization options, especially the drag-n-drop - The product is quite easy to move around - I love the versatility of the product - I love the tracking ability of emails

Cons

- Am not able to send email to a member through right-clicking - Improve customizable payment options to allow a primary registrant to pay less for a secondary registrant - Limited RTF options when composing

Putting the service in 'Platform as a Service'

I've been working on implementing EventBank as the primary platform to organize, manage, and execute group exercise events for FitFam Shanghai - we're a very active and consistent fitness community and volunteer organization based in shanghai that organizes and runs completely free outdoor and some indoor workouts. The volume of workout 'events' that we do per week has increased drastically, and with...

Pros

It's functions are very apt to fulfill many needs of our organization, and the team responsiveness is great.

Cons

There are minor issues with some of the registration functions.

Very effective platform, with more to come

EventBank has some excellent features that make the chamber's work much easier. Their background is with events, and their platform provides a lot of features to help make the set-up, promotion and registration easier for us and the participants. For me, the e-newsletter system stands out - it used to take us weeks to put together a new email newsletter, but now we can do it in an afternoon. It also...

Pros

The look and feel, and the potential to manipulate the data.

Cons

It has been a struggle to iron out the complications in the CRM, but it gets better all the time.

Good vision, good care of customers, good product

I have been using EventBank for over 1 year. I appreciate that they listen to customers and release updates in line with suggestions they have received. Their support team has an incredibly fast response time, and always has a great answer or solution to my problem. UX is great - very simple interface and easy to understand. Love that it's trilingual. There are a lot of great little features you...

Pros

UX, Ease of use

Cons

No HTML functions

A happy upgrade - an even better improvement

Pros

One of the most refreshing elements of Eventbank is its interface. A large step up from our previous CRM and Event Management systems, Eventbank has a user-friendly interface that is easy to use and navigate - either through exploring by yourself or through the help of their tutorial videos. Furthermore, in the CRM module, individual contacts and companies are seperated for easy access, and the Member...

Cons

Some of the features unfortunately we have been unable to use due to legal requirements in our jurisdiction - including to our chagrin, the invoicing feature. While it is near impossible to find software that is going to meet exactly every need of every organisation without creating a custom-made solution, Eventbank is open to suggestions and their team have been very supportive and happy to take on board any suggestions or needs that we have had.

All in One Event management system for our community

Pros

We use the platform for 35+ events a week across 2 cities and at present we manage over 4000+ members. In the last year we created over 1000+ workouts/ meetings/ social gatherings for FitFam, we would not be able to manage our community effectively without this platform. We are able to easily set up events for our community to access and register for, regardless of indoor or outdoor sessions and numbers allowed. Easy administration for efficient review, publishing, check in process. EventBank works seamlessly along side our other information platforms, giving us more visibility.

Cons

We created a 'how - to - use' PDF for our community to easily use the platform as we had users downloading the managers app instead of the users app.

Good all-in-one platform for social organization

Pros

She Loves Tech is a global platform committed to empower women in tech. We were looking for a software that would help use manage our events, CRM and mail marketing. Thanks to our partnership with Event Bank, we benefit from an easy to use all-in-one platform. The events module and the mail marketing are very straightforward which enabled us to be more efficient in our work. That’s something that matters a lot for us! As a small team, we couldn't afford to waste time working with out-dated technologies and Event Bank provided what we needed. We would also like to highlight the great job done by the support team that demonstrated its fast responsiveness to satisfy our queries. We are looking to collaborate more with EventBank soon.

Cons

We encountered minor bugs while using the registration and mail marketing functions.

Productive now that we have Eventbank

We have tried many "popular" services in China to sell tickets to our events and it is clear that they don't know their industry. Eventbank clearly made the effort to think from an organiser's perspective rather than click bait standpoint (or least effort required). With Eventbank, I can onboard new organisers smoothly and delegate them exactly the rights I want. It's simple to create personalised...

Pros

With Eventbank, I can onboard new organisers smoothly and delegate them exactly the rights I want. It's simple to create personalised and professional designs for our event pages. Sharing on social media and their payment methods are all smooth and straightforward.

Cons

They could provide more analytics, drive some traffic from their own audience and offer more features to design their event pages.

Ideal for Chambers and membership organisations

Took a while to get used to all the controls and features. Once familiar, is rather intuitive. Customer support has been very helpful throughout.

Pros

EventBank has most of all the features that you'd need, and even the features you never thought you'd need. A good all in one CRM, event and comms platform.

Cons

Automated emails or notices being sent to our members without our control / ability to customise or prevent. Eg. When importing new members to company memberships. We need to be able to control this urgently.

EventBank as a great software for event management

We didn't use it as Membership Management Software

Pros

Very intuitive to use. Offers many automatic functions like ticket sale, payment and confirmation, as well as email reminders to participants. Offers diverse design templates and functionalities that can be customised. Great customer service. Served us not only for organising the event but also for promoting the event through detailed event descriptions, speaker bios, sponsor page. Offers an app for both event managers as well as participants. Very easy to track and manage ticket sales and registration lists.

Cons

We used EventBank with an umbrella page for a complex series of 11 events in 8 days and 8 different venues. The complexity tested the limits of the software in terms of flexibility and customization. Not possible to show more than one venue. Also, not possible to link iCalendar to specific event but only to entire 8 days nor to disable this function. However, this degree of complexity is certainly an exception for events managed by EventBank software.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.