Goody Reviews

Goody

Customer Loyalty, Marketing and CRM solution

4.42/5 (74 reviews)

Pros
  • It was easy to get up and running with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] talking me through the process. It is proving good to have a loyalty program that ties in with other small businesses in our town.Brenda H.Read the full review
  • Good, relatively easy to learn. Good instructions and very helpful customer service from Goody which makes the overall experience fantastic.Kathy-Lee M.Read the full review
  • We are new to Goody and it is a learning exercise for staff and customers. Hopefully the ease of operation for both will improve in time.Brenda H.Read the full review
Cons
  • Our machine occasionally is telling people they need to verify their email before redeeming however they have already done this, also when it freezes it is frustrating for customers.Adirah C.Read the full review
  • Difficult to work with and hard to get problems resolved quickly.Gabby H.Read the full review
  • This prgram was forced on us while staying in resort in FIJI now I get coninuous emails despite unchecking all options. Absolute waste of time signing us up for a two day stay and never to use again.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Che Comrie

A Simple, flexible CRM system for Point of Sale

Reviewed 2018-10-10

Goody is easy to install and administer. If ever there is or was a problem I know I can talk to someone on the phone or via chat immediately. I've never been treated like a 'stupid user'. Love goody.

Pros
We liked that our loyalty scheme was able to go fully digital.

Cons
Of course it could always be cheaper, but the price as it stands is completely reasonable for the product.

Shannay Henning

Customer Service is appalling. Out of 3 questions in 12 months, I've had 1 answer.

Reviewed 2018-05-09

Hopefully more customers passing through the store

Pros
Ability to provide loyalty points to our customers. Has the functionality to do reports on the computer.

Cons
Unless you know how it works, it's not that user-friendly to the staff who have no tech savvy. Changes to the tablet confuse the older generation customers.

Response from Goodycard

Hi Shannay, thanks so much for your response.

We take your comments extremely seriously, and we're committed to ensuring each and every customer has a positive experience. We've taken your support comments on board, and we're looking to improve this area of our business over the next two months, including hiring more staff to ensure our customers are well looked after. I¿ll be taking a look at past support queries to better understand why it took so long to reply to your support ticket. Yet again, thanks so much for taking the time to submit this review, as we'd love to turn this back into a 10/10!

Rory Moss,

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Shannay Henning

Goody review 2019

Reviewed 2019-03-12

Customer service can most definitely be improved considering the cost. Overall customers are happy when they are able to redeem their points and since it's managed by an app as opposed to being done manually by myself it's a good thing to have.

Pros
Relatively easy for customers to navigate in store on the tablet

Cons
Not as easy on the app for smart phones - not even I use the phone app

Response from Goodycard

Hi Shannay,

We're deeply sorry you haven't had the most positive experience with our support services. We immediately arranged for a support contact to touch base and address any concerns you had.

Regarding the app, it's in use by over 100k people, so we feel it's a fairly important part to sign up and point balance reminders.

Thanks for the review, and we'll be making sure you have the necessary support services you need, as clearly based on the review, there are things we can improve.

Appreciate the feedback.

General Manager

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Jusmena Kumar

Consistent

Reviewed 2018-05-09

Pros
That's its easy to use, and you only need one card for many site, therefore more people are inclined to use it because it doesn't feel like another card

Cons
Doesn't link yet to the pos but this could change in the future. No one comes to see us at the cafe so the customer service could improve

Response from Goodycard

Hi Jusmena,
Firstly, thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate this.
Looking at your account you currently operate the check-in model. If you¿d like to start incentivising customers for dollars spent, we can totally do this! We do have a number of POS integrations, but it depends on what you currently operate.
We also have a check-in version which should work on your POS device, pending your PC is above windows XP.
Unfortunately, we don¿t do on-site visits any more, as the system has become very simple to operate. It¿s much easier to call you at a time that suits if you prefer?
Yet again, thanks for taking the time to review us, and do let us know if you like to whitelabel (customise) your apps or investigate POS options.

Laurie Ruttersmith

An all-in-one loyalty card in app form and on your Smartphone!

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Working at a cafe, I help customers to sign up and teach them how to use the app so they can start earning points and earn freebies. I tell them of it's other uses and familiar places I have seen Goody Card stations being used.

Pros
Free Goodies! From cafes to hairdressers, pharmacies and more this app acts as a loyalty card to returning customers at all sorts of stores nationwide. Gone are the days of holding on to dozens of stamp cards or coupons - having the QR code card and/or app on your phone allows free rewards just from reoccuring visits to stores.

Cons
With the app being free and easy to use and getting rewards at literally no cost to me there is nothing wrong with Goody. However I can see how some are skeptical to getting it - "Oh I don't have the time to get this app and do my initial sign up" or "it's one more thing to keep track of" - To me, once you sign up, that's it, there's nothing else to think about or information to put in. A mere scan of the code upon each visit to your favourite places can add up to get you free goodies.

Gaylene Weaver

Fresh fish tinwald

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Customers love having goody n not having to find an actual card in tbeir purses or wallets. We can find every customer using out front till when they are pmacing anmorder

Pros
Ease of use and can be connected to our tills

Cons
We love everything about it, thank you for the option to gve feedbank

Response from Goodycard

Thanks for your 5 star review Gaylene. As you're one of our best customers, you're always going to be biased :). We can only wish for all customers that use the system as well as you do.

For readers out there, this customer has a local population of 3500 people, and has registered 2,000 to their rewards program. It's used every single day, and the staff have made the programme incredibly engaging. Good job!

Brian Riches

Goody is Great

Reviewed 2019-01-20

we are really happy with it, happier still with the support and easy interfaces to our business and our customers

Pros
It has enabled us to find a new level of Customer loyalty rewards that is easy to manage and even easier to interface with our customers - i wish i could have found this years ago

Cons
i don't really have anything at this time to complain or comment on

Response from Goodycard

Thanks for your positive review Brian.

We really value you taking the time to provide this, and we'll be sharing it with the team.

All the best,

Monica Barkman

Useful for collecting rewards

Reviewed 2020-02-18

Fine. Collected some rewards.

Pros
Nice and easy to use, plenty of options for collecting points, i.e. card, phone app or type in email address. can use same card at different shops easily.

Cons
Little bit wary of anything that collects information about where I go to shop

Billy Emeny

Goody is everything you need

Reviewed 2020-01-30

I had a customer service person [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] that was amazing. I would employ her if I could. Took time to help me through every single step. Wants to help me grow my business, she seems to love her job. I feel I can email or call and things get done straight away. Happy to help me to understand campaigns and all the features Goody has.

Pros
I love the product. I am growing in loyalty and already seeing bounce back from customers. Has the ability to target customers on time since last visit. Has the option to target quiet nights. Really happy so far.

Cons
I would love to see push notifications instead of email, and the ability to leave offers on the app at all times to entice people browsing the app.

Vanessa Neighbours

Goody's worth it

Reviewed 2020-01-14

Great notifications through email which tie in when your card is swiped. Really easy.

Pros
That it is a national customer rewards scheme rather than just local.

Cons
There is nothing that I don't like about Goody.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Brenda Hawley

New users

Reviewed 2019-01-18

I think a small printed brochure about Goody and outlining benefits of completing registration and installing the app etc would be good. We don't always have time to talk it through completely with customers if there are others waiting to make a purchase. We are new to Goody and it is a learning exercise for staff and customers. Hopefully the ease of operation for both will improve in time.

Pros

Cons
My staff are not finding it particularly easy sometimes, especially when customers have not registered online themselves and don't carry their card which makes it time consuming at POS. It would be good if the problems with xtra email addresses could be sorted. It is a nuisance having to remember to click between POS and Goody windows but as we get used to it hopefully this will come routine.

Response from Goodycard

Thanks for your feedback Brenda, this will be shared directly with our product team.

Unfortunately, xtra.co.nz issues persist across all New Zealand businesses, and we've tried our best to ensure deliver ability to this email provider. We will keep working with them on this, but the issue does exist for all xtra users and email providers here in NZ.

Thanks for your feedback and let us know if we can do anything else to help.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Angie Scott

Goody

Reviewed 2018-09-20

Mediocre. Easy for the customer, not user friendly for me

Pros
All in one, multi location, easy for customer

Cons
Hard to make special offers / one off opportunities for our customers. Ask for support via chat or email, get no reply

Response from Goodycard

Thanks for your honest review Angie. I can appreciate where you're coming from and agree we can do more to make our software more user friendly. We'll be making significant changes over the next 12 months to work on this. I've notified our support team to get in touch, should you wish to attend any free software training.

Yet again, thanks for your review and we've taken your feedback on board.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Adirah Coulter-Jeffrey

Goody review

Good

Pros
Quick easy use. saves multiple rewards cards.

Cons
our machine occasionally is telling people they need to verify their email before redeeming however they have already done this, also when it freezes it is frustrating for customers. Will not let me see customer feedback online anymore.

Response from Goodycard

Thanks for the positive review Adirah. We're glad you are enjoying the use of the system. In terms of the verification issue, please be sure to lodge this with our support team at support@goodycard.co.nz and we will get this resolved. The feedback issue might just be as simple as a setting change. Either way, feel free to call us and we'll do everything to get these issues fixed! Thanks so much for your continued support down there in Dunedin. Regards, Rory Moss, GM

Brian Small

Great Promotional Programme

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Customers particularly enjoy getting a birthday present.

Pros
It is an easy to use and relatively cheap way of encouraging customers to return.

Cons
Sometimes "customers" walk past our shop and flash their card to gain points without purchasing. When we catch them we often wipe all their points as it is a form of theft.

Response from Goodycard

Thanks for your feedback Brian. While I totally understand your "cons" section. I'm glad to say we're integrated now with Kounta and working with your sites to rollover to the integrated version which will prevent this :). Rory Moss, GM

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Nik Le Fevre

Good software

Reviewed 2019-01-24

Pros
easy to use, and help customers with , ordering new goody cards as well

Cons
the tablets when they would not charge correctly, or the wifi crashed

Response from Goodycard

Thanks for the positive review Nik. We really value your feedback. We agree, tablets can be a pain especially with WiFi. Unfortunately, like most things nowadays, once WiFi fails or goes down, there will always be issues with hardware. The charging issues are usually related to charging via USB port through you POS. Please make sure this is plugged into the wall using the recommended charger.

Sheryll Bow

Goody Card Newbies

Reviewed 2018-09-17

Looking forward to being more proactive with contacting customers with email marketing etc, and segmenting our customer base using Goody Card.

Pros
Very easy to set up and use, we have just started using it so still in the early stages. We are looking forward to contacting our customers with specific deals that will appeal to them. The over the phone customer support from Goody has been really great, very friendly (& tolerant..!. Like that customers can use just the one card for multiple merchants.

Cons
Would like to be able to put in customers name when signing up, feel it is just a bit too impersonal not to!

Response from Goodycard

Thanks Sheryll, we'll be sure to pass this feedback to our onboarding and support team.

One of the reasons why we don't ask for first and last name is that this is customer initiated on sign up. This typically occurs when registering their account. Whilst I think it makes sense to help customers enter their details, staff often enter these details incorrectly.

We're developing new ways to help guide customers through this, including our new Goody Enroll app, which is available in the app store.

We hope you and your customers enjoy using it, and see the results!

Eddie Xu

useful & helpful. not just a reward programme but a channel to customers' voice

Reviewed 2019-02-28

very useful & smart. it does its job by itself, does not need too much care.

Pros
customers' feedback function let me know if they are happy with our service.

Cons
none so far. i was trying to change the rewards but could not access, web page says loading forever.

Response from Goodycard

Thanks so much for your continued support Eddie. We're glad you're still enjoying the use of the programme. The pages you're referring are most likely user privileges which head office had set up.

Liz Young

Hassle-free loyalty card

Reviewed 2018-09-25

Goody card takes care of all my loyalty card customers and is recognizable to people

Pros
Easy to use for the customer, lots of functionality for the retailer

Cons
I don't have time to use all of the great functions and ideas that it comes with

Response from Goodycard

Thanks Liz! You've been an avid user and we're glad you've been with us since the start. Thanks for the positive review!

Anonymous

Goody review

Reviewed 2019-04-27

Goody has making my business vast by attracting more people to my blog.

Pros
Campaigns made here are good to attract the customers to your program. You can also give loyalty points to any customer for his loyalty.

Cons
Thus software was a bit complex to understood by me for the first time. Later I learned how to use it. But they should give a basic description about each and everything in the software.

Response from Goodycard

We / the Goody team, really appreciate the positive review. I agree we could do more to make the software a bit easier to use.

As loyalty programs and crm's can become rather complex, it's important we provide you with support guidance or support resources.

Unlike other platforms, we do possess a lot more functionality than a typical SME programme.

As we're continuously growing, I have no doubt we will continue to build up resources to address your query.

Kind regards

General Manager

Pania Ryan

Dermalogica Goody programme

Reviewed 2019-02-28

Pros
no lagging in the application, simplified by being able to edit the history of previous processors.

Cons
How you have to scan the card to redeem then re scan to add points

Response from Goodycard

Thanks Pania.

We're glad you're enjoying the use of services. We agree it's a bit cumbersome in your instance as it's manual, however we're always integrating with POS providers. If you're currently using Timely, we're working on a solution there - and hope to have something within the next few months.

Amber McBeth

Good for the win

Reviewed 2019-01-24

Pros
The thing I love most about the software is how simple it is to use. There are no big forms for the customer to fill out, they literally enter their email address and it's done.

Cons
I have had previous issues with the tablets themselves (Not turning on) , but this was quickly replaced by the customer service team.

Response from Goodycard

Thanks for the positive review Amber - we really appreciate your feedback. Regarding the tablet devices, we can replace these if required. Unfortunately with hardware, there will always be some technical issues at some point. That said, we' do have a POS solution variant, should you wish to try this?

Chris Smith

Very happy

Reviewed 2019-01-18

It is helping us to communicate regularly with our customers

Pros
It is very easy for the customer and our sales team to us it

Cons
You get the most out of it your team puts 100% into it

Response from Goodycard

Thanks for your review Chris, we really value this feedback and we'll be sharing it with the team.

Like you say, "you get the most out of it when your team places a 100% into it".

Good retailers as yourself understand the importance of customer loyalty and staff training certainly helps.

Thanks for your support and we'll be making progress to make the product better for you over the next year.

Marcelo Gonzalez

Great customer support and extensive knowledge of the hair industry, couldn't be happier

Reviewed 2018-02-13

Pros
the best about Gooody Card is how it interacts with our clients and the response it has from the clients, develop a great credibility among the clients

Vishal Kumar

Value of product

Reviewed 2019-01-31

Pros
It's easy to use and helps to retain the customer database.

Cons
Would be more efficient if connect to till.

Response from Goodycard

Hi Vishal, thanks so much for your positive review. We're actively working on our POS integrations. Unfortunately, legacy POS systems are harder for us to integrate with, but as we say, we're working on solutions.

Aimee Kay

Amaaazing support

Reviewed 2018-09-18

everything is automated so little time spent on it. support is always happy to answer even the most basic questions and sort anything fast. very friendly and user friendly

Pros
I like that once it is set up there really isn't anything else that I have to do. the customer representative even called and did all my set up for me. the hardest part is thinking about what I want my rewards to be but she even helped me with that. Any questions have always been answered within a day.

Cons
I havent come across anything I dont like yet..maybe and editing function when i make a mistake with peoples email addresses

Response from Goodycard

Thanks for your review Aimee. We're glad to hear you're getting the support you need for your rewards programme. Do let us know if there is anything else we can improve on.

All the best