Groove Reviews

4.51/5 (57 reviews)

Mayra Perez

Groove Email Software + Knowledge Base

Reviewed 2019-02-27

The ability to add notes, tags, snooze conversations, and create rules and folders has made my emails more organized than ever before. Managing 9 accounts used to be daunting and virtually impossible - and it had a negative impact on our customers because I would be too overwhelmed to respond and sort through my emails. Conversations would be forgotten, lost, or delayed. Now, I can power through emails with significantly less frustration and time, which has allowed me to focus my time and attention on other projects. This is further aided by our Knowledge Base, which has helped so many customers be more self-sufficient and find detailed answers to their questions without having to email staff and cut in to our already jam-packed schedules. Groove has helped us turn one of our most tedious and time consuming major project into a streamlined, easy to manage task.

Pros
In terms of the Email Software: You can have multiple inboxes in one single account, which is just absolutely amazing. You have the option of viewing emails as separate inboxes/categories (within the same homepage), or listing them as one streamlined inbox. The latter has boosted my email productivity significantly across multiple work emails, freelance emails, and personal emails. In terms of the Knowledge Base: It is so simple to add an article and organize it accordingly! It's super user-friendly and easy to navigate. Set up is easy. If you don't have coding experience, there's nothing to worry about! The software is intuitive and you won't need any coding at all. For those of us that have dabbled with coding—well, it's incredibly refreshing to not worry about fumbling with the bells and whistles to create something easy to navigate, sleek, and stylish. Less time focusing on the "busy" work, more time focusing on what's important: the content.

Cons
The ability to log phone calls through Groove has be revolutionary to me. It's changed the way I work. However, the functionality of logging phone calls is a bit behind all other features of Groove; it still needs some work. But, considering that's the only downside (and, admittedly, not a huge deal), it's definitely not something to worry about or a deciding factor.

Response from Groove Networks

Hi Mayra, thanks for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review on Capterra. Your feedback is very valuable and I was wondering if you would be potentially interested in publishing a customer story with Groove on our website?

Lo Marino

Great look, needs some work on search and reporting

Reviewed 2017-01-05

We initially chose Groove because we found it really easy to use, it didn't feel robotic and clunky from to our customers, you guys offered simple and easy tagging, and the promise of the added snooze feature. Those things have been great for us and I think has made our move to Groove a step above email. There is a lot of room for improvement in a couple of areas I can see. First would be search - I find Groove's search functionality slow and clunky. Almost every time I need to search for something, I find myself going back to Gmail and since this is something I do daily, I always need to have the account open in Groove and in Gmail. Our hope in this switch was to completely get out of email and the search functionality has made that impossible. I love being able to use the search operators Google has and if they're available in Groove as well I have not figured out how to get them to work. Additionally, the time frames I can search are very limiting. I have also found the reporting to be lackluster. We want to use this to help make our product better and we use tags on our messages to help keep track of what our customers are writing in about. It is helpful to see how many times each tag has been added to a message but that doesn't really give me the whole picture. I need to be able to see the messages themselves, which leads me back to the search function, and because the tags don't translate back into Gmail I'm stuck with the search available. If all I wanted to do was answer customer emails quickly in a pretty environment, Groove will get the job done without an issue. Because we're trying to use customer support to make our product better, I think there is a bit of a disconnect. There are a couple smaller bugs I see regularly but haven't been bothersome enough to write into support. For example, if I make a typo when I'm typing a tag in and backspace, then I am no longer able to use my arrow keys to navigate up and down the auto-complete list.

Pros
Pretty, easy to get new people on and teach them how to use the basic functions, tagging is super easy

Cons
Search, snooze options are limiting and need to be available when I'm composing a message, reporting

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Eric Greenspan

Groove Works, It's Easy to Use, and I LOVE IT!

Reviewed 2019-02-26

I use Groove integrated with Wordpress on several sites, live chat with Olark, Slack and my favorite is capturing social media all in one place. The tight integration between the knowledge base feature and the ticketing system is also a favorite of mine. They've taken the complexity of other systems out and left in all the features. I have tried them all, and as a consultant at 74 Systems helping accounting and other professional services companies with marketing, technology, workflow and automation, I've recommended and implemented the other "big industry names" in many different circumstances. Not anymore! Since I've been a Groove user, I've never had to look elsewhere and my time to delivery is a fraction of what it once was and my clients LOVE the simplicity and power of the product. Win, win, win.

Pros
Groove is really easy to use and does the job that far more complex systems do, better. It really makes the process of building and managing a ticketing system and a knowledge base easy. The integrations with Wordpress are really slick and the add on integrations with Slack and live chat support are just awesome. It's the ideal blend of performance, capability, integration, and function. It just works and it's a pleasure to use.

Cons
Mobile can be a bit challenging but it's gotten better over time.

Ling Ling Lu

Groove keeps both the customer and the employee in mind

Reviewed 2017-04-20

Groove is an excellent customer service support platform because it makes sharing and discussing cases much easier in a convenient manner. Groove allows for internal notes, auto-fills in emails if you've emailed that specific individual before, allows for merging cases, alarms, different statuses, different mailboxes within the same interface, and much more. Groove also makes use of color coding for the different features available, such as yellow for internal notes. Groove also allows for multiple users to be logged on Groove at the same time, which allows multiple users to view the same ticket -- a feature that was missing from a different support platform I've tried previously. Groove's own customer support is also extremely friendly and responsive, and they're great at keeping you updated. I especially enjoy reading the articles from their blog!

Pros
* Multiple users able to be logged in at the same time * Notes feature * Merging ability * Customizable settings by user * Multiple mailboxes * Tracker * App integration * Friendly and very responsive support team (quick to fix bugs)

Cons
* It'd be nice if the Notes feature also had the rich text formatting options available (you can use them if you copy/paste though). * It'd be nice if we could minimize past emails in a thread so we don't have to scroll through them all each time.

Kirsten Parke

Fueled by Happiness Rating

Reviewed 2019-02-28

Pros
What I like most about Groove is the ability to integrate so many things into it. For instance, when a customer reaches out to us I am able to see all of their account information right in groove.

Cons
The thing I like the least about Groove is being unable to set tickets to pending. This is a functionality that was replaced by a "Snooze" feature in Groove 2.0. I think it says a lot about a product that the thing I like the least was replaced by a potentially better feature that I just need to get used to and determine how to make work for my needs.

Response from Groove Networks

Hi Kirsten,

we really appreciate your positive feedback. Thank you for sharing it! Regarding replacement of "pending" with "snooze", we know that it's not easy to get used to a change especially if you were using specific feature on a daily basis. We hope that, in a long-term, you will see the benefit of snooze which gives you more flexibility than pending. Did you get a chance to try the new "indefinite snooze" feature? When you snooze a conversation indefinitely, no re-open time is set, and it will stay snoozed until a user ¿unsnoozes¿ manually or changes the status back to open/close. It serves the same purpose as the "pending" status.

Nathan Murray

Merchline.com - Nate Murray review

Reviewed 2017-01-04

Hey guys, really enjoy the product. Keep up the great work. Here is some feedback from using the app for over a year now: The search function has become better than what it used to be, but it still has a long way to go. We have all of our tickets synched to a webhook we set up in our Slack account, and we find ourselves searching within Slack to find details/tickets/customers within that channel with far greater effect than searching natively within Groove. The relevancy of searches doesn't make sense most of the time, and searching for the details that we need just takes too much time sifting through when searching within Groove. There needs to be a way to effectively view/sort Labels. I can see the list of Labels we've created by going to Settings > Ticketing > Labels, but I have no way to view the tickets that have been assigned those Labels. Doing a search for the text string of the Label within the Search field doesn't always produce results. The ability to label tickets and then be able to categorize them and efficiently reference them is a bit imperative. Overall, pleased with the ease of use of the app, and overall interface. These features above will only enhance and make it better from our opinion.

Pros
(see my review on previous page)

Cons
(see my review on previous page)

Mark Morgan

Great for multiple projects

Reviewed 2019-02-27

Pros
The ability to support multiple projects within the same subscriptions is great. Since the recent revamp, the only thing that didn't support multiple projects, the knowledge base, now supports this. We manage a few completely different projects so its great that they are all supported under the same account.

Cons
Since the revamp, not much... I wish the small side navigation menu had a pull out version that actually had text for the navigation... on a large monitor i don't need to save the screen real estate and the icons are not the most intuitive. Not sure if there are hover over tool tips but if there are they don't seem to work for me so I find myself clicking through a few icons until I find what I want. If I was being really picky, a mobile app for the inbox would be useful so I can respond to questions even if Im out and about, but it isn't a deal-breaker for us.

Response from Groove Networks

Hi Mark,

thanks for your feedback! We are happy that Groove helps you to work with multiple projects. Regarding the icons, we have recently added a tooltip text. If you mouse over any of the icons now, you should be able to see it. We hope that it will help to resolve some of the confusion. For the mobile app, this is already on our roadmap and will be coming later this year.

Cheers,

Agata from Groove

Luca Steeb

The best customer helpdesk

Reviewed 2019-03-01

I like the simple, beautiful dashboard. There are many features such as tagging, folders, and all that kind of stuff, but I rarely use them. They also have a knowledge base which looks good and can be set up in less than a minute.

Pros
Especially after Groove published their new, intuitive dashboard, Groove is the most simple and beautiful solution, while also affordable especially for small to medium teams.

Cons
There are a few minor bugs, but you almost never notice them. Plus, their support team is super helpful with those, and they let you know as soon as it's fixed. Also, invoices can't be sent per email which is cumbersome for tax purposes.

Response from Groove Networks

Thank you for your review, Luca! We really appreciate your feedback and are glad that you like the new Groove 2.0!

Maxwel Bettendorf

Best way to manage your customer support network

Reviewed 2019-10-10

Pros
My favorite feature in Groove is the canned replies. If you get frequent support tickets and need an easy answer for them, you can write them early and pull them out to answer the same question over and over again. I use Canned replies for our Proactive Support. We let our clients know the issues they are having before they even know they are having them.

Cons
Frequent updates move features around and sometimes makes it difficult to find something that you use every day. Also they have a feature in which you can halt a reply for sending up to 30 seconds after hitting send, though it does not work for emails you start. Only ones you reply to.

Anonymous

Great for customer support

Reviewed 2018-12-05

Groove helps us keep on top of our customers' needs and gives us lots of options as a support team.

Pros
Groove works really well for our ticketing system. We can assign customer support tickets to various groups and people and we can track how they have moved throughout the system. Groove offers helpful stats and integrations and even has the option to house multiple knowledge bases through the same place.

Cons
The only thing I haven't liked is that the auto-refresh function didn't seem consistent so there were times when multiple people responded to the same ticket because they didn't see that it had been closed. This has probably been updated with their new Beta.

Tomasz Muszyński

Could be better

Reviewed 2019-03-01

I use groove for support requests for my software.

Pros
I like emails organized as tasks/support requests. This was major feature why I moved from emails.

Cons
Emails are always expanded. If there is long discussion emails are getting longer and longer and then they are unreadable. Another very missing feature is ability to split emails into new ticket - users very often send new email using "Reply" on very old email and removing original content, event replying to email half year old, so this reopens old ticket instead of creating new one . Maybe there should be time limit when email reopens old ticket or creates new one.

Response from Groove Networks

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions, Tomasz!

Ronald Pruitt

Love the company and the product

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Great blog and support from Groove. I've learned a lot about providing great customer service to my clients.

Pros
It is easy to use and fits my need as a small company. It just fits that we can use email for support and use Groove as a way to manage that interaction. The knowledgeable is very helpful for us.

Cons
There are features I don't use but no complaints.

Response from Groove Networks

Thanks for your Capterra review, Ronald! We are happy to hear that you found not only the product helpful but also the blog :)

Josh Taylor

Useful and easy to use!

Reviewed 2018-04-30

We are helping to solve the issues that clients get when using their websites. It's been a great way to keep on top of problems that are being reported.

Pros
It is good to keep track of all the support requests that we get in. It's a great way to keep on top of issues reported by clients.

Cons
The user interface can be slow sometimes to use, but I think they are doing a refresh soon so hopefully that will solve it.

Anonymous

Helps keep support and sales on track

Reviewed 2018-09-19

We have been using groove to ensure timely communication with new clients and that check-ins with clients are performed at the correct intervals. For sales we use it to ensure that no one gets missed in the follow up process after demos or leading up to a demo.

Pros
I like the automatic reminders about what needs to be done each day. It takes the guess work out of what you should be doing first or next when you sit down to start your day. It is easy to use when setting up flows and integrates well with salesforce.

Cons
There are some things that would be great if you could automate, like adding people into flows when specific actions happen. I have tried to make some of this work but ended up being more trouble than it was worth.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Eric Stoddard

Best Customer Support Service for Startups

Reviewed 2017-01-10

We've been using Groove for 2 years, and it has never disappointed. From answering our very first customer support questions before our product launched, to a full team of 8 reps actively using, it has all of the features and simplicity to meet you wherever your organization is.

Pros
The company lives and breathes customer support. You can see it in their product, but the blog and product support are amazing extensions.

Cons
No mobile app yet..

Brendon Brown

Simplified ticketing for small teams

Reviewed 2018-07-16

Pros
Groove has some great features: Mailboxes (with assigned teams) with incoming email addresses for different topics, canned replies, tagging, assignment, email notifications. The interface is intuitive even for my veteran staff, and the Zapier integration is a bonus!

Cons
Groove lacks customizable embeddable web forms, so you are stuck with their big green "?" or a workaround via email Zapier. Reporting could be better - more details helps managers make better-informed judgements about staff performance.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Laurens Maarschalkerweerd

Easy and affordable

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Their support is AMAZING. They always respond quickly and friendly. Problems are quickly fixed. Suggestions are always considered. I often receive updates on my feature requests.

Pros
Groove is great value for money. Functionality is updated all the time. The new 2.0 software looks awesome and is easy to use.

Cons
It's still a bit limited in functionality, but that's nitpicking.

Ashlie Pappas

Great Support Software - Especially if You Use Infusionsoft

Reviewed 2018-01-13
Review Source: Software Advice

This is definitely a powerful and reliable helpdesk software!

Pros
It integrates with AccessAlly and Infusionsoft, is reliable, easy to set up and use, and has the ability to customize with your branding. It isn't very expensive and does what it is supposed to. It has the Knowledge Base and widget ability which is a huge plus. It doesn't make customers log in which makes it easier for them.

Cons
I'd like to see even more of an ability to customize the appearance of the widget and knowledge base.

Jacki Giardina

Best Tool I use!

Reviewed 2018-05-17

Pros
Easy to navigate and organize messages, love the accuracy when dealing with customer and that it integrates to my Slack

Cons
Wish it was easier to toggle between assigned users, now it is difficult to respond then have to go back in to reassign.

Sarah Bird

We use this product to track incoming projects

Reviewed 2017-09-18

This product on a daily bases has helped me organize the request that come into our department, respond, and delegate them. I love this product.

Pros
I love this software because the ease of use and how helpful it is. We wanted to gather some analytics on how many request we get. This is the perfect product to use. It also helps use keep organize and able to assign different tasks to different people. Live changer.

Daniel Frost

Excellent Software Integrates with Salesforce

Reviewed 2018-06-18

Saves loads of time

Pros
I like that it automatically logs my gmail straight into salesforce quickly and easily. The calendar booking system is really useful for customers wanting to book a time to call.

Cons
Rarely doesn't find a record however is very easily fixed by manually searching and logging. Sometimes the logging bar gets in the way of the other gmail icons.

Michael Zeng

Perfect Tool For CRM

Reviewed 2019-04-18

Great customer service and product.

Pros
Simple and easy-to-use interface. Offers advanced rules to automate.

Cons
Nothing. Groove team has been constantly improving the system.

Ash Keene

Longing for more features and better metrics

Reviewed 2018-01-11

Much better than simply using e-mail for support. It allows us to track some basic metrics and keeps things orderly.

Pros
Groove is easy to use and has a clean interface. It's quite simple to make additions to both canned responses and your knowledge base. You can make rules to send things to various folders, which is nice. It has integration with our NPS software (Delighted).

Cons
Groove lacks a significant amount of features. You can only view metrics based on pre-determined periods of time and you cannot adjust on a custom range. You have no easy way to view how many tickets an agent answered in the prior day. You can't pull random tickets for QC. You can't add tags to your knowledge base articles. Agent collision happens regularly and there is no "play" button to automatically go from ticket to ticket. There isn't an easy way to prioritize customers by spend. You can't set "office hours" so that you'll automatically send a different auto-reply based on whether you're in the office or not.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Elissa Bernstein

Simple ticket management & knowledge base

Reviewed 2018-05-04

Pros
As a very small team that didn't need tons of bells and whistles, Groove is a great way to manage support tickets and a knowledge base. It's easy for team members to assign/collaborate on tickets, leave notes for other agents or for their own internal reference, merge multiple tickets, tag tickets, etc. Customer service is very good -- they're quick to respond and very friendly.

Cons
The reporting is not as robust as more expensive competitors, though this should be expected at the price range. This might have only been a minor use case issue for us, but we didn't like that we couldn't send internal emails from one Groove mailbox to another. Also, you need another email address or integration with something like Slack to be notified when you're tagged in a note.

Lana Douglas

Great Software!

Reviewed 2017-01-04

Love Groove! It's made it much more simple to set up and operate our customer service emails! Love love love!

Pros
It's easy to use! Doesn't have hard to operate features and systems like Desk.com did.

Cons
There are still some features that could use some tweaking. (It would be nice to undo a merge.)