KnowledgeOwl Logo

KnowledgeOwl

Knowledge base and documentation software

KnowledgeOwl Reviews - Page 9

Simple yet robust and OUTSTANDING Customer Service

When looking to replace our current customer support portal, we looked at several options. Knowing that we wanted a self service platform to maintain documentation, videos, demos, etc., Knowledge Owl (KO) came out on top. Their out of the box solution had much more functionality for the money and was solid. Once we started uploading content, we had several questions as new users typically do, but...

Pros

- Robust - Easy to use - Customer Service (top notch!)

Cons

None that I can think of right now. This company is really doing a great job and from our standpoint is a leader in the knowledge base space.

Thank you so much, Kristen! We super appreciate the awesome review! -Marybeth

KnowledgeOwl wins on customer responsiveness & functionality implementation

As someone coming from the high-end CMS authoring tools of Madcap Flare, RoboHelp, and HelpStudio, KnowledgeOwl has a lot more of the features that I expect to see from a CMS system with the additional bonus of having a team willing to go the extra mile to implement tweaks for their customers. It's a perk, especially compared to the stand-alone systems, where "can I do this?" usually returns a...

Cons

Great customer service, wish there were more capabilities

Overall, the software does what it says. It's a great start to get your product's documentation out there. But some basic wiki capabilities are missing. Tags are still new and have a sort of "Phase 1" usefulness about them right now. There is no way to organize the image library, but I see on their product roadmap that this is on their radar. I'm also looking forward to the Glossary feature that is...

Cons

One of the best and most seamless solutions we've implemented

We looked at many vendors before we evaluated Knowledge Owl, and I can't say enough about our experience working with the Knowledge Owl Team. From day one, the team continues to amaze me with the level of service they provide. They worked closely with us throughout the setup and implementation phase of our Help Center launch and continue to assist with our very custom and individual needs. Kudos to the entire team for always being responsive and helpful, but special thanks to the Knowledge Goddess / Chief Executive Owl, for leading the team.

Pros

Software out of the box is easy to use and customize and Knowledge Owl's documentation is thorough and nicely organized.

Cons

I can't think of anything that stands out as a con.

Yay! Thanks so much for the awesome review! - Knowledge Goddess / Chief Executive Owl

HelpGizmo is a great product with a great team at a great price.

We were using Zendesk for our knowledge base because they were also our ticketing system, but I got frustrated with slow development timelines for some features core to our organization. We reached a tipping point and needed an alternative solution. After looking into over a dozen options, I discovered HelpGizmo. Not only did they already have the core features we needed, they were genuinely interested...

Pros

Permissioning by article level Great article WYSIWYG editor Outstanding customer service Variety of layouts Fantastic price Integrates with Zendesk ticketing Fully customizable with a little CSS

Cons

Truly can't think of any

HelpGizmo helped me to create the documentation I always envisioned

HelpGizmo is super easy. The switch over to HelpGizmo is FAST! Organizing all my content using the drag and drop table of contents was a snap. Depending on your content you should be able to go live with a public site in a day, two tops. HelpGizmo's table of contents organization allows editors and customers to see the "big picture" of documentation. This not only makes documentation management...

Pros

-Easy to use -Fast -Excellent support -Customer-driven development

Cons

Easy to use, stellar customer support

Pros

We kicked the tires on 5 knowledge base platforms before selecting KnowledgeOwl. The selection was driven by two must-haves: 1) open APIs, and 2) ability to customize the CSS to meet our brand guidelines. After we made the leap, we were pleasantly surprised by the exceptional customer service. (Thank you!)

Cons

HelpGizmo is great and easy to use

Using Helpgizmo for our company's knowledge base is the best decision we made. The pages are easy to edit and manage. I was able to add pages at my first login! It really makes it easier for users to access the data they need, so you won't have to go over and over the same set of instructions to different sets of customers daily.

Pros

Excellent customer support: Quick to reply on any issue and are very enthusiastic to help you. If you need guidance or have a suggestion for a feature, Marybeth got you covered! If the top score for support is 5, these guys deserve a 10!