High Trek POS Logo
High Trek POS

Point of sale & booking software for the hospitality sector

visit website

High Trek POS Reviews

4.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.88/10

Reviews by rating

Initially it was confusing and a bit intimidating doing the initial set-up.

Jenny L.

unique entertainment biz

We have really loved having high trek the team is great and it is not crazy expensive like others as well as you don't need to sign and forever long contract.

Pros

Hight Trek was easy to implement. They walked you through the process as well as the customer service is top notch. It is easy to try employees on how to use. We love that it has a crm in it and you can assign people tasks.

Cons

The event management side is a work in progress so we use google doc to make our event sheets with all the details for the day of event.

SO

Shannon O.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Solid booking software that handles all of our needs.

We are very happy with the value we get from the software and all of the ways the software helps us merchandise our products, upsell to our customers, and track our conversions and online marketing spend so we can grow our business. The company is also always helping with free consulting as to how we can make our business better and grow faster.

Pros

I appreciate the integrated waivers that generate tickets for our guests and a process for us to make sure that every guest that participates is waivered. There are many ways to configure products to handle our complex capacity constraints for our ropes course. The software also handles admission tickets for our mini-golf and lane rentals for our Axe throwing. Having one system to handle all of our...

Cons

The system doesn't integrate with a card system like embed yet.

ET

Eileen T.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Seeking to switch to a new operating system? Consider HT POS.

We've relied on HT to support our business operations, and it's been an invaluable asset every step of the way. Despite our customer service team being small in numbers, they're dedicated to being there when we need help/assistance. They're always ready to jump into action, promptly scheduling calls to address our inquiries and discuss our evolving business requirements. One of the standout qualities...

Pros

Cons

see overall experience below in box three

CJ

Christiana J.

Farming, 11-50 employees

High Trek Revolutionized Our Business

In the tumultuous business world of 2020, we needed to quickly adopt a reservation model for our business to succeed. High Trek was the perfect choice to help us make this big leap. They have been extremely supportive getting us started and very responsive in helping us increase our product offerings. They listen to feedback, have made helpful modifications, and respond promptly to our queries. It has been a positive collaboration.

Pros

The High Trek system has allowed us to very efficiently and reliably check in large numbers of guests. Our staff and our customers give it very favorable feedback. As a robust reservation software program, it provides a wide range of reports and features, including a variety of reservation reports, customer email lists by date of their reservations, and customized order email confirmations. When our guests are onsite, the ease of adding on to their order has increased our sales. Our business offers guests a variety of experiences and products; it has been great to have a software system that can handle all of the variables.

Cons

It has a many capabilities, so there is a learning curve to understand all its features. We have made suggestions for modifications; some were addressed immediately and others are on the list for future updates.

LF

Lorrie F.

All-In-One Software with Specialized Software Functionality

Alpha Goat has been available 24/7 to help. In addition to working through minor bumps that come along with any implementation, they have listened to all of our feedback and have made many system enhancements based on that feedback. In the past, with larger companies, I was told that they would put a request in to fix a bug or make an enhancement. However, given all of the competing priorities, I never felt that our needs were addressed. With High Trek POS, I feel like we are all on the same team, with the end goal to be the best all in one system satisfying the needs for aerial parks, water parks, and laser tag facilities.

Pros

After having worked with several reservation software programs in the past, the best part of this software is the fact that I don't need to integrate with any other programs. This all-in-one solution has allowed for a much easier customer experience for group waiver management, reduced labor hours for our office staff, and a quicker check-in process. I cannot stress enough that the waiver system...

Cons

The website checkout process still needs work from a presentation standpoint. The ability to sell add-ons has been great, increasing our average ticket. My issue is simply that the text needs to be lined up better, but my understanding is that it will be shortly. A phone app will also be helpful, but again, in the works.

SG

Sierra G.

High Trek POS - crucial to our company

We use High Trek as the reservation system for our facilities. It is crucial to our company. Many of our employees interact with it on the daily. It's packed with features that are easy to use (and train on) and if we ever have any questions, [sensitive content hidden] has been there as a constant support and huge help!

Pros

High Trek as a whole is great. I find lots of use out of POS and transactions (we use this to check guests into our facility, attach their waivers, add merch, etc.). We use leads for the majority of our group bookings. I also dabble in product setup from time to time. And find the voucher system to be very handy and easy to use.

Cons

There are so many features, it can get a bit confusing. This is my biggest "con" but still consider it a "pro" because we use so many of these features in our day-to-day operations. Particular product setup and schedules can get a little tricky if you don't know what you're doing. Email and SMS is one we've also had to troubleshoot a bit but has ultimately made a huge positive impact for us.

RB

Robert B.

Used other for 2+ years

Affordable all-in-one POS

Before we switched to High Trek POS (HTP) we were using 4 different programs/systems to fulfill our needs and every time we went to the market looking to make the switch to an all-in-one POS we were faced with choosing between outrageous annual fees or crippling setup costs. HTP gave us the option to switch to an affordable cloud based option that would work with our existing hardware. Streamlining ticketing, season passes, online sales, retail, Food & Beverage, rentals, waivers and bookings in one system has revolutionized our ability to serve our customers and improve our Team Member experience!

Pros

The 3 best things about High Trek POS are; 1. Ease of use. In minutes my young staff can be off and running completing simple transactions. 2. Cost. As a seasonal, small business located in a tourist town we couldn't afford or risk taking on an expensive POS system. 3. Partnership. High Trek desires to always improve and values our input and feedback. The dedication of their customer service and developers is incredible.

Cons

My top feedback to the developers-that is still being worked out-is the need for a merge tool for our customer data base.

DC

Danny C.

I love it

Waiver, reservations, POS - all streamlined and in one super easy to use solution. I love it. If I were to start all over HTPOS would be the first thing I would setup without a doubt.

Pros

It has streamlined out business. Things are much easier, and it all works seamlessly for us. As with anything, it has taken some time to migrate fully to their system, but I am very happy with the change. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been awesome and is very responsive when I do need help.

Cons

Nothing specifically comes to mind. I don't like that I have to set it up, no that would be true with any software like this. The only real issues I have had was because I set up something on the backend incorrectly, but those were easily caught, fixed, and made to function correctly moving forward.

KB

Kate B.

Entertainment, self-employed

Best Support

Overall experience has been nothing short of amazing and supportive. I have appreciated the support they offered both relative to the functionality of the POS system as well as the business knowledge, ideas, and overall encouragement they give us as new business owners.

Pros

The availability and support that has been offered by the High Trek Team while we grow and customize further our POS platform.

Cons

Initially it was confusing and a bit intimidating doing the initial set-up. But, I will say working with them to do some of the basic actions needed helped greatly in building confidence to complete the rest of the project.

CC

Chad C.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

LaserMaxx Spokane Review

Great and easy to use. Love High Trek POS

Pros

How easy it is to use. How High Trek will work with us to do updates. If anything, ever goes wrong, they work on fixing it immediately no matter what time or day of the week it is.

Cons

Was a little complicated to use at first but we picked up on it quickly.

CW

Connor W.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Gamechanger in the recreation field!!

Pros

High Trek allows for smooth interaction for both guests and employees alike. The waiver system acts as a one-stop shop for the completion, attachment, and storage of valuable customer profiles and associated files. Various reports are available at your fingertips and the crew is so receptive to feedback and questions about the system itself.

Cons

As with any POS system, there are some bugs that we have run into, but as mentioned above, the team is more than receptive to feedback and always resolves the issue or provides insights on a solution in a timely manner. Amazing staff with impeccable communication means that it is difficult to provide cons for this product.

BD

Brian D.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

High Trek has been a great company to work with!

I've honestly really enjoyed working with them. Incredibly responsive support and it gets the job done.

Pros

They are tackling unique problems that the location based entertainment industry faces and they are incredibly responsive when new features are needed or issues are identified. POS' for this type of business generally just dont do the things we need them to and they have done a great job!

Cons

There are a few features that we are waiting on but the pros outweigh the cons so we are OK waiting.

AS

Ashley S.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

The best software for the best price

I love this company. We have been through several software companies and this is by far the best. I did a lot of research and trials with other companies and was never satisfied. This is the first company we have used that is user friendly and I can easily receive help when I need it. Don't waste time with research I already did, this is the best company with the best price.

Pros

It is extremely affordable compared to other companies. High Trek cares about the success of your company because the success of your company means success for their company. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been available whenever I needed him and has even helped me with other projects that were not related to the POS system. I love this small business and supporting an American made product. I love that when I need help I talk to the people at built this product and not a call center in India.

Cons

I wish it had a report writer. Everything is in excel.

HC

Hugh C.

Outdoor Adventure and Tour Operator All in one Booking Software

High Trek team was easy to work with. They were very open to new ideas and making their product work for your venue. Great idea sharing.

Pros

High Trek POS offers an all in one solution to online booking, POS and back end accounting. The system has great functionality and makes life easy for tour operators. The all in one system was created by people who work in in the industry that understand what tour operators need on a daily basis and how to streamline the entire process so you can focus on your customer experience.

Cons

Was a little hard to schedule individual events. This has been fixed.

JF

Jeremy F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

A Great Switch

We are able to migrate multiple ends of our business operations into one modular software. It is easy to use and has saved us time and energy.

Pros

The ease of use with HighTrek is such a terrific feature. Also, the number of features that it carries with it, and still excels in, is remarkable. Also, the integration into QuickBooks is very helpful for our accounting.

Cons

As with all newer software that is constantly updated, we do sometimes find bugs, but the team is so responsive to make changes that it is hardly a con.

CC

Cameron C.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Highly recommend

We are able to take online orders with ease. Customers love it and constantly tell us how easy it was to book their party and event.

Pros

User friendly. Easy to set up and easy to learn.

Cons

Cant think of one, everything has been exceptional.