Insightly Reviews

Insightly

CRM for lifelong customer relationships.

Insightly

A great tool for task management and storing client information.

Pros

It's easy to create and manage tasks for each client and you can assign them to different team members. Being able to add tags for the category of the task (marketing, sales, content, etc) make it to sort through tasks and prioritize.

Cons

Since this software can also be used to track progress in the sales funnel there are multiple places to store company information. This can get confusing when incomplete information is saved in different areas.

Simple CRM - but a little confusing

I like the product, been using it for 3 years, but dislike the search interface and functionality and lack of phone support.

Pros

Cloud based so it’s available everywhere, Insightly nicely tracks your sales efforts. Use the google chrome extension or better yet - bcc - your Insightly internal email and all of your correspondence send up in the system creating new contacts and organizations automatically. Pretty slick. Go back in and add notes and schedule follow up tasks.

Cons

Searching is confusing. If I search for a phone number to see if I have already contacted this person and the phone. Number is not found, a list of all contacts is returned instead is a not found message. Seems that whenever our team tries to see if that contact is in our database already we don’t get acccurate results. Maybe it’s us but this is 3 people that are relatively intelligent and all having the same frustration. I looked for a support number to speak with someone to see what we are doing wrong - doesnt exist.

Great alternative to Salesforce

Pros

Email transparency, Google Mail/Apps integration, easy project management, great data structure (people, accounts, opportunities, etc), and a very non-invasive interface have had an incredible impact on our business. The constant updates and new features have further improved our capabilities over time. Also, the pricing is amazing.

Cons

Reporting is currently focused primarily on the sales/opportunity side of the product, with the project management functionality having minimal reporting capabilities (for now).

Useful tool with a few quirks

Pros

The searching is pretty simple, it's very easy to search across different fields (search for tasks, contacts, organizations, notes, etc. all at once).

Cons

Sorting your tasks by different filters is a little clunky. There are also places where they missed an opportunity to link to a higher level, like if you're looking at the notes to a task it can be hard to get to the main page for that contact without losing were you were in the task.

Easy to use software!

Pros

Recently we switched from Salesforce to Insightly. This is a perfect software for a smaller, growing company. It's extremely easy to use. The cost was much lower than previous softwares we used and it has all the same features we were utilizing.

Cons

When you sign up you only get two trainings where they walk you through the platform and teach you what features you have and how to set them up. If you need anymore you have to pay which I don't agree with. However, as I mentioned before it's extremely easy to use and when I have had questions in the past they have responded right away.

Handles Our Highest Priority Needs Expediently

Pros

We use currently use Insightly to manage our contacts, notes and tasks. We consider these our basic, high priority items. Insightly handles these in a straightforward, easy to use and easy to implement manner. We also believe the learning curve is manageable and that Insightly is a cost effective choice for basic CRM. We use both the desktop and mobile applications of Insightly. We recognize that Insightly has additional functionality that we may decide to begin using in the future as our CRM efforts mature.

Cons

We investigated a number of CRM applications in our process of choosing Insightly. We did not find any glaring omissions or show stoppers with the Insightly application.

Insightly is a great, lightweight tool for CRM

Pros

I like that most of the features are relatively easy to use and customize. Our organization uses this software for both CRM and project management.

Cons

The reporting capabilities are a challenge to use sometimes, but it's my understanding that they are actively working to improve these features.

Best CRM for a small business

It helps keep everything super organized. I love that.

Pros

I love how user friendly and intuitive it is - works really well for a team of people, assigning projects, etc.

Cons

On occasion there are glitches with assigning tasks (it doesn't save them to the company you've assigned them to).

Simple CRM software with a lot of features!

It is help me to organize my work flow.

Pros

Free version and reasonable price for other plans. A lot of free integration, include for free version.

Cons

No two way G Suite (Gmail) integration - only throw PieSync, but PieSync is very expensive for me. And limited records for each plan too.

It's just more PC than Mac...

Pros

Seems to be plenty of functionality. There is a lot of reporting features, you can find any name any time, whether it's a Lead or Contact.

Cons

I would like to see it pop up a calendar when I add a task to see if I'm colliding with another appt. Also, the app is not totally useless, but almost. I cannot send formatted emails from the mobile app. What good is it to get a lead when out of the office when you cannot send the proper response from your mobile device? Terrible. I know there are valued differences between Leads and Contacts, but to be honest I think it confuses the operator, me.

Great Small Medium Sized Business CRM

Pros

This was a great tool for me to use while working with my consulting company. I was able to quickly log potential customers in the system and determine what actions I wanted to take on an automated follow-up schedule. The app was very helpful and thoughtfully designed!

Cons

The pricing structure was not really good for me to work my business model into. While a great product, it wasn't a great product for me.

Simplicity and Power in one CRM Solution

Pros

Super intuitive to navigate, operate, and optimize. Everything just makes sense. I have worked with other more expensive systems before but none of them can beat the simplicity and functionality that Insightly offers.

Cons

The product continues to improve over time. Most of the things that I didn't like about the system are no longer an issue. For example, Insightly now offers great customizable dashboards.

Insightly keeps me on track

For a small operation like mine, this is an outstanding CRM tool that does what I need.

Pros

I love the way I can access my emails, events and notes by multiple channels including opportunities, projects, contacts or companies. As a company with two principals, this has everything we need in a CRM to share information.

Cons

Linking my calendar is the most difficult part of this software but even that is not that big of deal.

Excellent CRM for the money.

Great for client management and task management.

Pros

I like the ability to customize the text fields to my needs and the task management function is hard to beat.

Cons

Could have better social media integration as well as better automated marketing to prospects and clients.

Excellent Option

Insightly is very flexible and very intelligently designed. They are very stable and have only gotten better and better over the 3.5 years we have used them.

Pros

Very logical layout, very stable, and they are always improving.

Cons

There is nothing that I would change about this product.

Great small business CRM tool

I run a small consulting firm in Washington, DC that handles general management, communications and event services for nonprofit clients. I use every CRM imaginable for my clients including Salesforce, Abila, etc. but when looking for a CRM for my own small business, Insightly has it covered. It's a month to month service that integrates with both QuickBooks and MailChimp - two of my most used apps - and allows me the space to cultivate a small business customer list with all the convenience of more expensive and comprehensive tools.

Pros

No long term commitment or contract Lots of useful APIs Very intuitive for even novice users Offers project tracking Reports available for each module

Cons

Might be helpful to have a better idea of their partners and what APIs are available, like how Salesforce has its own app section.

Solid entry-level CRM

It's a specialized tool, so I wouldn't recommend it unless I have the time to sit down and show someone how to set it up. But overall, the platform is robust and scales well as your needs evolve.

Pros

Setting up the product is straightforward Logging sales activities, leads, etc. is easy Collaborating with a team is easy, and the internal task management flow is solid Email logging is very nice and effective

Cons

The UI is very dated, and feels like a step up from Microsoft Access The visuals in general are lacking -- I'd like to see better reporting No email tracking (i.e. tracking opens), so we have to use hubspot sales for that

Strong features for managing history, but lacking in email integration

I would recommend it for people who are not concerned about gmail integration.

Pros

Full featured CRM with a great custom visual pipeline creator. Easy to use Support team is responsive.

Cons

Linking emails to customer/event records is time consuming. When I used this software there was gmail plugin, so every time I got an email from a customer/prospect I would have to manually link it in order for it to be part of the records.

Robust tool, easy to use

Pros

The interface is really very nice. It's well designed which makes it easy to use the software. I like the availability of lots of videos that helps to train users on how to use the product. There are lots of integration options with third party tools. I also like the ability to easily customize the products to suit one's needs.

Cons

The android app appears buggy and tends to freeze intermittently. I think tasks management has to be improved so that it's easy to enter a task. I also wish the steps required to create reports aren't as many as they are now.

Amazingly Good with Great Features and Low Cost

We finally have a CRM that fits our budget, is easy to use, integrates with our other company software, and has all the features we need.

Pros

I love the simplicity of the user interface, user experience, administrator experience, and company setup. I can't say enough how easy it is to use Insightly and how powerful its features are. It is very easy to integrate with other software such as Xero and Mailchimp. Don't let the ease of use fool you, there is a ton of functionality under the hood.

Cons

I wish I could customize the user interface more than just putting in a company logo. Being able to select the main color instead of orange is the feature I want the most. Considering I have very little criticism about this product should speak to it's quality.

Great Basic CRM!

I really quite enjoyed it. This was definitely better than my Rolodex.

Pros

This product was definitely easy to use. All of the documents are saved online, so it was helpful for both of our offices to access all the documents and client information.

Cons

It was definitely basic CRM. I did not like that in order to edit a document, we would download the document, save it, and re-upload it.

Strong reporting for a fraction of cost!

Solid overall experience. Great-loooking user interface, and easy-to-use.

Pros

Perhaps Insightly doesn't have a more visual workflow management like other software of its kind has, but the reporting feature is, in my opinion, the strongest feature, it has! You can really get granular with customization of reports, which is hard to find in CRMs of its kind.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is it does show a bit of a lag when it processes large amounts of data. Other than that it, serves great for small businesses. Perhaps I would make it a bit cheaper in the starting plus plan.

Great Tool, Needs Updating

Pros

Has awesome functionality. I am able to house everything in my insightly account. All of my current clients and potential clients. I am able to house login information, notes, phone numbers, addresses, everything! I can also use this to assign tasks to other employees.

Cons

Great tool, has decent UX design, but needs to get updated. It feel a little old school.

Easy to Use CRM Option

Overall, my experience with Insightly has been positive. I don't mind working with it and have added a ton of contacts into our database using it.

Pros

I like that it is easy to add contacts-whether doing it one by one or uploading an excel spreadsheet with a bunch of contacts. There are a ton of fields that can be populated for each contact, including social media links. You can also create some of your own custom fields. Another feature I like is that you can "tag" your contacts so that you can easily search for contacts with those tags.

Cons

Like most CRM platforms this one isn't perfect for what we use it for. There are fields we don't use, and things that we could use for each contact. (That's why the custom fields come in handy)

Easy to use CRM for small to medium businesses

Pros

Easy to setup. Free tier gives you great tools and could be great for small businesses and entrepreneurs.

Cons

User Interface could be improved. You’ll need to complement it with other tools to automate all the process.