iZettle

Accept credit card payments with a smartphone or tablet

iZettle Reviews

Pros

My overall experience has been positive being able to take all manner of payments has been great for my customers and the fees have not been a concern.

shawn s.

It has an attractive discount rate too, and hardware options are beautiful.

Warren T.

Great app for newco companies setting up on a budget but robust enough to support a mid-size organization. Simple programmable interface with a high degree of functionality.

Anthony N.

Cons

My only complaint is the time it takes for funds to appear in my bank account average of 4 working days.

shawn s.

Really I did not have any situations which I don’t like in this product.

Kirill K.

Don't use it often enough to really find something i don't like.

Sara O.

4.6

Flexible and functional POS system

Pros

Cons

It has a daily/monthly overview of sales but lacks a weekly view which is a shame as this would be highly useful.

Best program for the payment operations

Pros

We use this program to take payments from our guests (I am the manager of a small Apart Hotel). It was really easy to order all the equipment. And also easy to configure and use. You can make as many options of the service as you need, group them into the folders and also make a special button for the discounts. It’s a really good program, because you can set also the different taxes for each position. The sales reports are also very convenient and visual. Money transfers to the bank account very quick (about 1-2 work days). We enjoy this program and don’t want to change it for anything.

Cons

For our company everything is good. It could be wonderful if you add an option to charge guests be credit cards before the check-in as a prepayment.

Excellent merchant & card facilities

It’s been brilliant and I would highly recommend

Pros

The options with this are endless. You can take payments with all cards (including AMEX), you can also take payment by Apple Pay! It’s quick easy to use and it’s aesthetcially pleasing to work with also. Battery lasts forever.

Cons

It would also be good to have a slightly more substantial unit for those of us that would like to use the device at a stationary location.

5 Years later and still loving

I have a photography Buisness and we setup in public spaces and charge customers to have their portraits printed.

Pros

iZettle is very easy to setup. It works across my iPad, iPhone and android phone. The latest card reader handles contactless payments and the transactions are very fast. All you need is a tablet/phone with a data/wifi connection and the card reader to start taking payments

Cons

There is very little I dislike about the software other than It would be great if you could create accounts for staff and block them doing functions like applying discounts/refunds. Other than that the system is pretty fool proof

Makes taking card payments on the go EASY

Now that we can take card payments for our small retail outlet we have noticed a distinct increase in our takings, people are happy to spend more when they don't worry about carrying cash it seems. iZettle has also been very easy to use and therefore train staff who were dubious about using contactless card machines.

Pros

Very easy to down load the app to a mobile phone and to set the card reader up. A neat, compact bit of kit, fairly basic but it does all the functions of taking payments. Works equally well at taking contactless payments as chip & pin methods.

Cons

There isn't actually anything about iZettle that I didn't like. I suppose the inclusion of a receipt printer would have been good, but for us not necessary.

A delightful replacement

For years we have had a traditional setup with the standard looking cash registry connected to a card reader. This setup required us to control the transactions and verify it physically on paper before scanning it and sending it to our bookkeeper. Today we are enjoying our new iZettle card reader with the optional receipt printer and cash drawer. All of this is running through our iPad. Installing it was a breeze. The software (application) on the iPad is intuitive and easy to understand - and compared to our previous system - all the transactions and summaries are saved and accessible by anyone you decide (like our bookkeeper).

Pros

Intuitive. Easy to understand. Cheap. Flexible.

Cons

Needs more options in the app to customize. A bit high starting fees.

Really changed my business

Pros

Easy to use, the machine is robust, the app is easy to instal and the signing up process was straight forward.

Simple & Portable

Pros

I use iZettle to take card payments whenever needed. There is no fixed fee which makes it worthwhile if you only need to use it once in a while.

Cons

The thing i think that can be added/improved is a printer on the card machine.

Quick & Easy

Pros

Great for those once in a while clients that want to pay by card

Cons

Don't use it often enough to really find something i don't like

Easiest, quickest way to accept credit cards

Pros

Fantastically fast - we've integrated many different systems and iZettle wins hands down in terms of how quickly we can roll it out. It has an attractive discount rate too, and hardware options are beautiful.

Cons

Can't think of any faults for its purpose - but of course if you need enterprise-grade features and integrations, you may be better served elsewhere.

Good and affordable payment system

Pros

It is eEasy to be deployed. User friendly. The retail assistants need 5 minutes course and the are ready to go.

Cons

There is an approved list of wireless printers and it is very short. Sometimes iZettle loses conections to the printer and it the Bluetooth connection has to be restarted.

Simple payments for your small business

Pros

The integrated Pos app is very useful and akin to carrying a mobile register. Rates are competitive compared to other companies.

Cons

Customer support is slow, presumably this improves if you are willing to pay extra for the premium option.

Good product

Pros

Easy to work. Easy to collect my money from it.

Cons

Really I did not have any situations which I don’t like in this product