All categories

Join It

Membership management for growing organizations

Join It Reviews - Page 2

So easy to use, flexible to set up and the integrations work well

There really isn't anything bad you can say about this product. I did a fair bit of research and am glad I landed on this. All you need to do is change some of the "Americanisms" in the template emails etc but apart from that, this is ready to go for even the smallest databases. In fact we started with zero and are now in a health four figure range thanks to the way this works. Obviously this comes highly recommended.

Pros

Easy to use interface Integration with MailChimp Customer support

Cons

There is no integration with PayPal but understand that this is on its way

Great support and a killer product. JoinIt really helps our club and our members.

Pros

When our fledgling club was looking for a billing tool to help us sign up members quickly, I found JoinIt during a frantic Google search session. It has been very impressive to see how fast the JoinIt product has grown over the last 15 months that my club has been using their product. It was very easy to get my plans added to the system, connect to Stripe then start taking sign ups. In under 15 minutes we had a page online for folks to join our club.

Cons

It would be great if the domain integration was more robust. Ideally we could actually use JoinIt to actually be our website, it is just so close. There are a few bugs yet with the Stripe integration, I am very happy to report that the founders do get it sorted out very quickly.

Thank you for the kind words! And for being with us since the beginning! :)

Very impressed

We are still using the free trial, but our evaluation is almost complete. The team at Join IT has been super helpful whenever we had questions and helped us figure out how to handle some of our more complex situations.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, excellent customer support.

Cons

A few workarounds had to be made to accommodate our needs but the system is flexible enough that we were able to do what we needed to do.

Great program for Non-profit organization

Pros

We are a small nonprofit with limited budget and no in house computer person. I'm a retired doctor and volunteered to try the program. It is simple to set up, flexible enough for our needs, and it synchs with MailChimp, QuickBooks, EventBrite as well as our website. Most important, however, is the incredibly excellent customer service available via chat. I can ask dumb questions and they're answered promptly. There has been much hand holding (from a distance), but I've got it doing what we've wanted to do for several years - have a members' data in a full functioning database that allows us to keep track of memberships, automates renewals, automates accounting, and streamlines our volunteering activities.

Cons

Some features, like a hard coded link to our web page, can not be removed from standard templates.

Thanks for the kind words, Philip! It's a pleasure working with you!

Join it review

For the most part my experience with Join It has been positive but there are times I get a little frustrated by the little things that I am not able to do.

Pros

Pros for Joinit: Easily integrates with Mail Chimp; mass emailing; member information available to view; membership lists are downloadable

Cons

Cons for Joinit: Cannot include attachments in a general mass email; when viewing members, when you view members, using the sort it drop down to "members name -- A-Z or Z-A" it alphabetizes by first name, not last name; when you view a member's personal information page and then back out, it takes you back to the beginning not where you left off

Perfect Membership Management Software for Novices and Experts Alike

We were exploring various membership management software systems and Join It met all of our needs at a price that was reasonable. The site was easy to become familiar with and was laid out in a clean and visually streamlined manner. There are enough options to customize things but not so many that it is overwhelming for people who do not have experience with membership management systems. I highly recommend this for all types of companies, whether you are a non-profit or a for-profit business.

Pros

Visually clean page that is easy to use for members of all ages Ease of use and navigation Layout of tools Very responsive customer service department Reasonably priced Streamlined with other services such as Survey Monkey, Constant Contact, etc.

Cons

I have no cons at this point and would recommend this product.

Thank you so much for your kind words! It's been a pleasure working with you so far, and we look forward to collaborating even more!

Membership Made Easy

It was so exciting to see the first renewal payment come in, from a reminder notice, and the person even upgraded their membership! Reminders are something I didn’t have time for and the software has made this automatic. I also have to say that the customer service is incredible, even on the free version. The tech support staff get back to you quickly with thoughtful and detailed advice for whatever problem you’re experiencing, and tailor it to your situation. This is really surprising for a free product.

Pros

I’m volunteering for a tiny nonprofit, and love how easy Joinit is to learn and use, even with the very limited time I have for volunteering. I also really like the attractive layout. Both differentiated it from the other programs I looked at, which were clunky/unattractive and seemed complicated to onboard. I love that I can set up a varied membership structure (ours is pretty complex) that allows our members lots of options.

Cons

I think the address should be an available field in the free version. (You can import/export addresses, but not edit them on screen.) It’s a standard field all membership organizations use, and collected at the point of sale. However, the pricing is reasonable enough that I am optimistic that new memberships will soon make the paid version pay for itself.

Thanks for the kind words, Mary! It's a pleasure serving your organization!

Great Membership Management Software

Provides an easy solution for managing Membership and handling all of our events using Eventbrite

Pros

Easy to use. Eventbrite Integration is very well done and allows us to set up multiple membership discounts for our Events.

Cons

The product seems to do everything we need very easily. Can not think of any shortcomings.

Thanks so much for the kind words, William! We look forward to working with you! :)

Awesome membership integration for Eventbrite

Makes my life easier by recurring charges to customers adding discount codes and making it easy to do so.

Pros

It takes out the double work of adding discount codes to all of my events when a person subscribes to multiple events. Perfect for someone who hosts multiple events where a season subscriber is paying a recurring membership fee outside of eventbrite and needs access to multiple shows.

Cons

There are some potential options that seem very close to happening. Like an integration to analyze how many times a customer is using the code? Customer activity.

Non Profit Membership fundraising

Pros

we were looking for product that we can fundraise for our non-profit with a membership based donation! it does exactly what we need, emails, digital cards, create a membership base.

Cons

we are working on it as we speak, all good so far, customer service [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was wonderful and there for the help as needed :) and very courteous! 5 stars

Thanks so much for the kind words, Jeremy! I'll be sure to pass the kind words back on to our customer success team. :) We love supporting JSOR and we look forward to continuing to work together.

An online Membership database replaces an internal standalone one

I have no comments.

Pros

Join It online is really amazing and has a proper size; it's not huge and easy to try! It is comfortable to use instead of my internal old database at office. I'm trying to test it more than two months. Its so different between the old and this one! I would love to support you with any ideas. I hope you will develop and enhance the system even more. Its good that there are Arabic and English fonts. Of course thank you very much for supporting non-profits organization :-)

Cons

1. JOD currency is not available, I wish to add it as an option in order to support the processing of membership due in different currencies in the world. Because we are in Jordan and working at RSCN since 1966, and we are required to offer our membership online. 2. There is no an interface to allow us to design and edit the pages. we hope to develop it with your help.

JoinIt

Pros

It is easy to use and the support staff are great. The team are open to improvements and continuously look to improve the user experience, which is a positive sign.

Cons

There are some features that are missing but I am not sure if JoinIt is wishing to have those features in the programme. Perhaps it is too much of an investment for them.

Wonderful Product, Exactly What We Have Been Looking For

Jumped OUT of DonorPerfect. It was complicated and did more than we needed. Join It meets our needs exactly and offers wonderful integrations for future growth and use.

Pros

This is the most user friendly membership management program I have ever seen.

Cons

Nothing thus far. Everything seems to be user friendly.

Thanks for the kind words, Danielle! It's a pleasure working with you and the Cuyahoga Valley Art Center!

Basic functionality for a reasonable price

An easy way to manage a Neighborhood Association. They were doing paperwork manually, handling paper check payments, and sending emails from personal accounts. JoinIt allowed us to wrap that all up into one solution.

Pros

Very simple user experience for the general public that don't want a complex platform.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more complexity between linking users as part of organizations - but perhaps that available in a higher-level package than we're using.

Great Customer service

Pros

user friendly for internal use; customer service was responsive to issues

Cons

less user friendly for members. adid have some initial glitches not anticipated but it all got ironed out quickly

Good Program

Great experience with the trial program and very responsive support!

Pros

Easy to set up and good,prompt help from support

Cons

Could not customoze profile field to include a unique hyperlink. That's very important to us.

Thank you for the kind words, Gil!

Great customer service & Great software

We offer monthly memberships at our car wash but before we didn't have full control because the company in charge was handling everything. Now we can control and monitor all members easily using this software.

Pros

Ease of use, great value of money, several features and integrity with other companies

Cons

The idea of the software is made to be general and not specific to one industry, so at one point you might be limited but my issues were solved in other creative ways

Thanks for the very kind words, Mahmoud!

Just started and already love it

We've been tracking our members in spreadsheets, notebooks, homemade access databases for years. Such a pain! We recently revamped our website and started using Eventbrite, which integrates with Join It. SUCH a difference in member management. The automation and renewal features are amazing! Certainly making my life easier.

Pros

Automation features and renewal reminders

Cons

Had to open a Stripe account instead oof using paypal

Thanks for the kind words, Kate! It's a pleasure working with you and the Brightside Up community! We look forward to supporting you!

Happy Newcomer

Pros

I really appreciate the accessibility of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] when I have questions. I'm new to this role and to working with systems like JoinIt and it's really been fun to figure it out, and to know that there's friendly help available when I need it!

Cons

I joined the organization after JoinIt was chosen so I don't have a lot of perspective on this but I'm enjoying the process of figuring it out.

Super helpful and friendly

Pros

So far this product has proved to be very efficient, the team behind the software, very accommodating and friendly, and fast to help when needed.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software.

Glad we could help, Jos! :)

Excellent program

Easy to set up a membership site!

Pros

Cost, ease of use, functionality, accessibility.

Cons

Sorry, it has been great, thanks to their help.

It's been a pleasure working with you, Carl! Welcome aboard! :)

Excellent membership management choice

Particularly noteworthy is Join It's superb customer support, including on-line articles, and especially prompt individual support.

Pros

Join It is easy and intuitive to use, with essential features to manage membership for a smallish community organization.

Cons

In our experience, no essential function is missing.

Thanks for the kind words, Maygene! We love to hear that our customers appreciate our support because we love working with you as well! :)

Great Tool to Manage our Young Professional Membership Group

Amazing support has kept our group with Join.it!

Pros

Great support Deep set of integrations/automations In depth customizations for each feature/function/automation

Cons

Software could use some more advanced reporting.

Much appreciated, John! It's a pleasure supporting you. :)

After evaluating many other solutions, we're happy with the simplicity and functionality of Join It!

Helped me track my members and automate processes (like sending expiration notices and renewal reminders)

Pros

We appreciate Join It for it's ease-of-user and intuitive user interface. Also, because we're only a medium-sized non-profit we like how affordable their options are.

Cons

Currently, Join It doesn't provide a Content Management Solution as a part of their service, so we have to use WordPress instead.

Thank you, Camilla! It's a pleasure working with you!

Simple and intuitive, we can now easily manage our membership and stay in touch with ours members.

We once used Spreadsheets that needed to be continuously updated and checked to look for renewal dates. This was laborious and we often forgot to remind our members to renew their membership. In the end, we lost many members. With Join It, all this is now automated and everything from membership management to payment is done in the same tool.

Pros

- Programmable automatic renewal reminder emails; - Integrations with MailChimp and EventBrite; - Nice admin dashboard that quickly shows last actions (new member, reminder sent, payment received);

Cons

Potential improvements could be in making more advanced features/actions a bit more visible while still keeping the general product simple and intuitive.

Thanks, Jean-Philippe! It's been a pleasure working with you and supporting Génération d'idées!