Jumbula Logo

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.01/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Whenever there were technical issues, or I had any question at all, the customer support was amazing. They are kind, knowledgeable, extremely helpful and always respond in a timely manner.
In the past, trying to manage registration for our classes and camps was a headache. As our programs grew, we worried roster management would take too much time.
When we went live, something on Jumbala's end was not set up properly with Stripe. Customers tried to register and got an error message.
No user manual or FAQs; only a handful of tutorial videos available. Counterintuitive navigation.

NA

Nick A.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

A swiss army knife for school ancillary registrations

Jumbula has been our go to fee collecting registration program for a few years now and we continue to expand on it. It is very flexible and has met nearly all our wants and needs supporting PreK-12th grade supplemental education programs.

Pros

Jumbula's enterprise features allows us to process registrations for all different sorts of programs while allowing each business unit the control they wanted. It's very easy to use for both administrators and the customers. Each subdomains can link to different bank accounts through a number of different payment gateways but despite being separate sites, jumbula customer logins and accounts persist across them all.

Cons

Notification emails can only come from one address per subdomain, requiring more subdomain sites to route relevant transaction communications.

LS

Lyndsay S.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Registration Made Easy!

I am using Jumbula for my preschool registration. We are a private preschool that registers approximately 200 familes in 12 different classes. I was able to easily set up all of my class offerings in a user-friendly manner. I did not have one issue with my registration launch. Not one family had to ask me how to use the software. I am SO impressed. I cannot recommend this software enough!

Pros

This software was intuitive and user-friendly. As a first time user with limited computer proficiency, I was able to navigate the system and set up my registration. The parents loved the simplicity and ease of use. It was easy to add promo codes, pull reports, and monitor capacities. The drop and drag for the home site was awesome!

Cons

There are a few words here and there that I would not have known what they are without my original demo.

NW

Nicoshia W.

Good basic registration system

My overall experience with Jumbula has been okay. Since, July, I stopped contacting customer service because they were non-responsive for customer service help (I think I asked for help two times before giving up this was not the case when I first started working with Jumbula). I managed and figured it out on my own afterwhile. My summer camp is almost over and I'm willing to give them another try next summer. Hopefully, the aforementioned items will be taken care of.

Pros

I love that this software is affordable and has the opportunity to be great. In the beginning, the customer service representative was very helpful in helping me setup the system. The software has some great functionality like the check-in/check-out tool and personal website page. The registration form once setup is easy to follow and use.

Cons

The functionality for managing volunteers is missing. I couldn't schedule or manage volunteers on this platform nor staff really. The interface with WIX doesn't work well, and activating payment via customer service. The Jumbula website page they provide is great but the registration information for families to register would not save by grade appearing out of sorts once published on the website. There was no fix for this.

TP

Teresa P.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees

Time saving and easy to use

Jumbula has provided us with a number of different solutions for our business. Their website/software is easy to use and solves a number of problems for businesses that provide classes, camps and other services to parents and children. It does the job of at least one employee with the click of a few buttons. Customer service has been incredibly responsive. As a parent, I would love it if more businesses used Jumbula - being able to register for multiple classes online, fill out paperwork efficiently, and communicate with teachers and coaches easily makes life so much easier.

Pros

Easy to use, efficient, simplifies processes.

Cons

The idea of switching to a system like Jumbula can seem overwhelming, but it is quite easy and customer service was very helpful. On the consumer side, I wish more local businesses used Jumbula - especially because I much prefer to be able to do all registrations and forms online at my own convenience and not have to do it in person and/or every single time one of my children takes a new class from the same person or organization.

RB

Rachel B.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Meets our needs perfectly

Overall, I would highly recommend this product as simple to set up, easy to use and well priced. By far the most outstanding aspect is their customer service. Every inquiry has been answered promptly by a real person, sometimes within minutes, and gave solutions specific to our situation, not a cut and paste response. Also during set up we were able to have a live walk-through and address questions that are unique to our situation. At this (or any) price point, the level of service is wonderful. A great experience so far.

Pros

This is our 4th registration software in 10 years for our Acting/Performing Arts school and so far it is one of the best. It is easy to use and set up and has a lot of features for the money without offering a whole bunch of things we don't need (ex. grading, transcripts etc). While it is marketed as a product for children's activities our students are mostly adults and it was easy to adapt for that purpose. The dashboard is comprehensive and provides a great overview, classes are easy to set up and I love that there is a video option.

Cons

On the admin side, there are a lot of different menu/steps to go through to get information. Payment options need to be activated through customer service and there is little flexibility in the options. We wanted to set up payment categories for internal use only and this was not possible.

JF

Jordan F.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

We are very happy with the Jumbula software; it has made camp registration much easier!

Jumbula has made our lives much easier during the summer camp registration process. On the back end, there is very little effort once your account is set up. It has provided nearly every feature we wanted in our registration software. It has made the post registration process much easier as well. Running reports has been very helpful as well. We are very happy with our choice to go with Jumbula.

Pros

Jumbula has nearly every feature necessary for registration administration. It allows easy tracking of registration transactions and participants. It provides easy reporting. It also provides many custom features to meet the needs of the administration staff. The functionality of the software is near seamless. I will also add that the customer support team has been incredible. They have been very patient with me while learning to use the software and always find a solution to any issue that arises.

Cons

We have only run into a few limitations of the software that do not fit our needs. We would like to be able to link this software to our organization's database to transfer report information. There are a few reports that we were unable to customize to fit our needs, however being able to copy and paste info into our database is helpful. There are some aspects that could be improved, but overall this has been a great fit for us!

KA

Kay A.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Outstanding!

The people running this company are amazing!

Pros

Fantastic customer service, genuinely helpful product!. Jumbula wants us to succeed as much as they want to deliver an outstanding product. They’ve succeeded on all fronts.

Cons

These wonderful tools offer lots of instruction and help along the initial set up process. Some of the language was seemingly advanced for a novice entrepreneur. So deciphering that Took a bit longer than I would’ve liked. However once I looked up some of the terms and got some clarity I was able to fly through the set up / user on boarding process. I will add that I stubbornly ignored the complementary setup assistance. A very kind customer service agent or technician l reached out to me to help me set up. But I just thought I could figure it out on my own LOL. So all of that service and help was free. I just kinda wanted to click around and figure things out on my own so that’s probably why I took me longer to set up.

Hello Kay, thank you for this wonderful review and your kind words. We wish you a successful season! -- Jumbula Client Success Team

JS

Judit S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Chess tournament

Pros

Great features for families, convenient to use if you are a customer for the same company for an extended period of time

Cons

integration with outside site is not without bugs.

ST

Sadhna T.

Responsive Customer Service & Reasonable Price Makes Me a Loyal Customer

Jumbula is a relatively new player in the market and they haven't yet perfected their product. The good news is that they know that and are very responsive to feedback from their customers. When I have made suggestions for making the software more user-friendly or correcting an error, they have acted on my suggestions. In addition, when I email technical questions, I receive a response, usually within...

Pros

Features Ease of use Cost Customer service

Cons

Registration process could be streamlined, particularly when the customer is registering for multiple classes Some customers encounter problems with log-in or with registration that we are unable to resolve

MH

Mary H.

Closing account

Great! Customer service was exceptional and the service was very easy to use.

Pros

It was very easy to integrate Jumbula into our website so customers could register for events.

Cons

I wish I could see a breakdown of participants per year.

MB

Marcia B.

Outstanding Platform & Partner

Jumbula has provided an outstanding, customized solution for our registration and information management needs. They have been an invaluable, responsive partner throughout the design, development and deployment of our system. Their multi-layer software enables organizations of all sizes and with diverse needs to find exactly the right fit for their business. The Jumbula staff are undeniably responsive to and genuinely interested in our feedback and requests. We highly recommend them.

Pros

Flexibility to customize to meet our specific needs.

Cons

Not immediately user-intuitive, but the capabilities it provides require a small learning curve on the part of the user.

LS

Liz S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Best classroom registration software!

We transitioned to Jumbula this past June after two unsuccessful attempts at customizing our own software. We were looking for an out-of-the-box solution for our families to register for classes and Jumbula was it!

Pros

Jumbula is easy to use on both the front and back ends. Their customer support is personalized and quick to answer questions and make adjustments. Our families have responded very well to the system - it is extremely intuitive and easy to use. We have received very few calls with questions about how to enroll. It meets our program management and accounting needs and they have been very generous in creating several customized reports and functions for us! Also, you can't beat the price.

Cons

Donations are treated the same as any other product and therefore there is no automated tax deductible letter. This said, they are EXTREMELY responsive to customer needs so I wouldn't be surprised if this is included in a release down the road.

DH

David H.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Great Product

Great product that allowed us to manage multiple remote location programs where the local school staff can take attendance and manage a large district wide program for over 1600 students in over 100 schools.

Pros

I really like the ease of use of the product and the company's willingness to update its product to serve our needs. Most of my requests to have something changed with the program was done in less than a month.

Cons

Minor glitches, but it has never hindered what we are doing.

JL

Joshua L.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Jumbula Is An Excellent Product

I am the Executive Director for a nonprofit organization in Austin, TX that conducts fine arts sessions, workshops, and camps for children with special needs. Using the Jumbula platform as our registration site and as our email distribution platform is a great experience. We pay a low monthly fee for an easy to use platform on our end, and a user-friendly experience for the parents who register their...

Pros

The software is generally easy for me to use. Once I learned how it works, it does not take me long to complete my tasks.

Jumbula is the answer!

Fantastic customer service! Love the app as well and love how our instructors can access all their registrations, etc. simply and easily.

Pros

The team at Jumbula have thought of everything! Every time I think something can't be done, I discover that Jumbula has already anticipated it and incorporated it into the program. It's obvious they've done their research and learned from actual people who rely on the program. This is the first program I've used for registration purposes that is simple, intuitive and user-friendly. So happy I stumbled upon it when searching for a new platform to use for this exact purpose. Can't recommend highly enough.

Cons

I needed a bit of hand holding to get started and I still wish there was an option to sell licensed merchandise on the site.

Chris P.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Saved my business

I chose Jumbula from a field of products To run my afterschool program. I liked the way the system will automatically bill my customers on a pre-set schedule. Really helped take my business to the next level.

Pros

Automated payments Tracking of payments Family information database

Cons

Ease of setup Changes can be difficult Would like more customization options

KG

Kris G.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Jumbula Software

Easy way to do registrations. Monthly calendar is a huge help and add-on!

Pros

Very easy to set schedules, great follow up emails with attached documents

Cons

campaign usage could be altered, can not group my campaigns when they are outdated, can't re-send

CB

Claudia B.

Jumbula Review

I manage enrollment for multiple programs offered at a non-profit arts center and Jumbula makes it very easy to run.

Pros

Jumbula is very easy to use, as I don't consider myself a tech person. The customer service is fantastic if I ever need anything.

Cons

The functionality can be a bit tricky at times with certain things I'm trying to change within a program, but as stated before, if I have an issue I just email support and am promptly emailed back with a correction.

Ashley R.

The best program EVER!

This eliminated all paperwork. And made everything so convenient. We are non profit so this was very affordable.

Pros

It included an app for attendance and eliminated paper work.

Cons

The questions I added I could not get data from. And it was hard to take the kids that had registered and just enroll them in for a full summer without enrolling them offline.

DH

Diane H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Jumbula for your camp registration management is a great option!

Pros

The product is pretty user friendly and intuitive for setting up.

Cons

Where I see improvement is customer service timeliness. Everyone is super friendly and helpful when we do finally hear back, it just takes awhile. Sometimes it's a few days to hear back or schedule a tech call.

jC

jIM C.

Great product!

Customers and staff love how easy it is to use.

Pros

Ease of use. Simple to use on the back end.

Cons

Still learning the system, but nothing yet.

dt

diana t.

201-500 employees

ICA review of jumbula

I was trying to get all my 'products' (tournaments, semesters, camps) on line and Jumbula made this for me! I am very happy with everything that was done

Pros

clarity, the report features, the ability to get all data in one place and etc

Cons

so far everything is great!

RC

Rajesh C.

Online portal to register for various classes, camps with ease and strong security.

Ever since we started Falcon Learning, I also envisioned a parent portal that allows a parent to quickly register for any upcoming classes, camps or our after-school services. Jumbula could provide that in a very modular fashion and we are excited to use it to full potential to reduce our headaches with finding the right paperwork to track down a child's enrollment. More than that, any time I encounter any problem, I get a very fast response and that makes me very loyal to Jumbula's offerings.

BF

Beth F.

Great registration system!

Jumbula has been great for our organization so far! The support staff is very attentive and open to suggestions and feedback. The system itself is very user friendly and custom. It fits all of our needs and much more. The member sites are easy to make and can be very personalized. Registration is very quick and easy to use. We would recommend Jumbula to everyone!

AB

Abbe B.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

A great value

Pros

Nothing in the marketplace seems to compare to Jumbula in terms of functionality for the cost. We're still in the early stages of deployment, but have been pleased by the features offered and the relative ease of use.

Cons

There are so many features, sometimes it's a challenge to remember where you found something -- once I got my registration forms set-up it took me a while to find them again to edit them! It would also be helpful to have a dedicated contact person and phone support during the initial set-up and launch phases... there can be so many questions that sometimes it's a challenge to wait on an email response before being able to move forward.