All categories

Lightspeed POS Reviews

Reviews Summary

Santie M.

Read the full review
Customers love the set up and are amazed when they see such a system on the vans. With regular updates and good customer support Kounta is now an important tool in my business.

Mark K.

Read the full review
Customer service is good with the integration of the live chat but it doesn't feel like and app it feels like a link to their website.

Daniel F.

Read the full review

Cons

There is an instability in the system ie the seeming loss of functions such as printing, and the delay in synchronising between tablets.

Ari V.

Read the full review
We had double prints of orders resulting in wasting and also missing prints of kitchen orders resulting in angry customers and damage to our reputation.

Jun C.

Glen P.

Great Product

Pros

Being a Hospitality professional for 20 years I have dealt with numerous POS systems. Kounta is relatively straight forward and has the functionality and flexibility to run your business with ease. The support offered by Kounta day and night has been at an exceptional standard. The understanding and support during setup, implementation and to now has been a suprise in this all to modern world. This holistic approach will keep Kounta ahead of the pack for quite some time.

Cons

Some of the language with respect to Hospitality is not not necessarily how we refer to how things are done in my experience however it is only a minor issue.

Highly adaptable and intuitive POS

Kounta as a POS system has been able to grow with us, providing flexibility and ease of use that is a massive relief when you have the pressures of an expanding business to contend with. The ability to simply add or subtract registers, combined with the functionality of a internet based system makes change relatively pain free. Wireless waiter stations, Albert pay terminals, Bluetooth printers (which I don't have but am excited about and will probably get), its all so easy to use. Why pay thousands of dollars in cabling, installation costs and labour in setting up your system? Good question - i'm not sure! Just research what you want - call Kounta, put it in and download the software... add your products, tailor it the way you want, and go for it!

Pros

Ease of alteration and basic use for staff

Cons

The back end of product input is a little cumbersome - a simply category/sub-category/sub-sub category system works best. Sometimes this is represented by Department/category/sub-category either way, it is far more flexible for product input, button organisation and more granular for reporting.

Horrendous POS System.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS!!! MOVE ON TO THE NEXT!

Pros

Nothing to say here. There is nothing good about this system except for the promptness of my customer service, who usually has bad news. But as I now understand my customer service rep doesn't ACTUALLY work for Kounta, she works for the company that sold it to me. I wish they would have sold me one of their other POS options.

Cons

Server level order control is an upgrade, they don't tell you that when purchasing, even though that is one of the most basic things. Check splitting is the most laborious I have ever experienced, if you have a table that needs multiple splits get them a refill of their coffee because it will take a while. No over all system close out, no way to re-open a check. In lieu of that simple option they have...

Not worthed as the expensive price

I know amount that i calculate manual in every type of payment are balance or not because kounta showing it amount minus or over, so we can double check before we accept to close cashier or shift.

Pros

Display of the pos is look modern and kounta can create recipen and inventory and back office. Pso system complet with back office.

Cons

Actually they have good features in back office for reporting. But not as good as inventory system by itself. First, POS system not completly all transaction is automaticly show in the report when want to do closing cashier (shift), like we need to do manual calculated some other transaction except cash like card and gofood payment as i used to. Because you have to submit all your type of payment on...

Great system

Pros

Great easy system to use. Easy to change payment methods and products and downloading and updating on excel also possible. Just starting to sync with Xero so that’s good too. Customer support really has improved massively since we started using it 2 years ago. I would recommend as a good all rounder.

Cons

Reporting in close detail has been a tricky one but with Kounta insights it seems to be improving although I think it’s still work in progress.

Absolutely fantastic product, team, and set up.

While originally using a completely outdated and problematic POS system, we were put in touch with the team at Kounta. They were explained as being the most genuine team in the business, but always on hand to help and with a system which really spoke for itself. Not only was the recommendation totally correct, I am now the one spreading the word of just how simple the transition was, and how happy...

Pros

The ease of use, and the simplicity of the screens.

Cons

Nothing.

Kounta for Cafe Use

We have found Kounta to be excellent for our cafe. Staff need no maths skills to operate it easily. the addition of photos makes product selection fast and accurate. The only thing to watch is disgruntled staff that have been removed from rosters........they can sabotage the system by changing or deleting things. My advice, once they have been given notice immediately remove their access to Kounta and give them other duties until their time has been completed.

Pros

Overcomes the issue of staff not being able to read or do any math. Provides multiple copies of invoices so that service can easily be tracked. Allows lots of options to modify products which gives each client an individual experience.

Cons

Takes ages to set up if you have hundreds of products and options......but it is worth doing.

Awsome POS system! Easy for staff, easy for management. Outstanding customer service!

Pros

Can manage from anywhere. Easy to update products on prices on the spot. Great reporting and crm. Love that you only have to use functions that you require.

Cons

I would like to be able to view only POS from device which is not assigned as register. Also, not sure if already available, but we would like to be able to process gift certificates through the till easily.

POS

Overall a great product that we continue to use at our cafe.

Pros

When I was tasked with setting up a Point of Sale system in 48 hours I thought it was impossible but when I found Kounta it was easy to set up and integrate into our credit card machine in a matter of hours.

Cons

The most challenging thing that I found was I could not email the monthly receipts to my accounting team and would need to give them the main control to the platform if I wanted them to be able to access that directly.

AWESOME CLOUD BASED APPLICATION FOR THE INEXPERIENCED

Pros

This is a very easy POS to use, all cloud based so access at any time is a cinch! for a newby in hospitality without any experience setting up a point of sale its been a relatively simple task. The access to support staff is very good however expended communication hours would be a benefit for the busy people who work on this stuff at night time.

Cons

Haven't come across any yet! if there is one thing so for it's integrating add on's, seems to be a little confusing! but i'm sure that is largely due to my inexperience.

Kounta review from a "cloud integrator" perspective

I am a cloud integrator and have implemented a number of Xero + POS add-ons. I select Kounta for my customers purely on its hospitality focus and it's table management add-on. I have been really impressed with how it handles the concept of modifiers and how smooth the integration is with Tyro electronic payments. However, I feel that there is a lot of navigating around the 'back office' to get what...

Cons

It is the only cloud based pos for hospitality I think we could use and run our business

It allows us to easily manage customer transaction and to report on total sales and products in a really efficient way. We've grown in our understanding of our business enormously just reusing kounta

Pros

The sales transaction from start to checkout is great. The printing of customer orders in multiple locations plus the kitchen. Modifier are also the best in the market.

Cons

Scales and scanner integration for use with a retail store. Scales can't be and scanner with Windows is clunky

Great Customer support

Immediate customer support is a huge plus

Pros

Ideal for hospitality..providing hospitality POS solutions that were once considerably more expensive. Understands the Australian market. Great customer support. Was having a problem at 7:30 am on a Saturday morning and got an immediate response from a real human. Big ticks for that! Easy to update and maintain.

Cons

a little bit steep for a new business. But overall a great piece of software..the retail capacity is limited but works well for a cafe with a few retail items.

Count on Kounta

Kounta is the best point of sale. I have set up five different POS systems since 2000 and Kounta is by far the best and most flexible. Our business could not have grown as quickly, successfully or efficiently without it. Absolutely love the production printing set up. Nothing compares. Team this with Tyro EFTPOS and it's a total winner for fast bar service.

Pros

Production printing and cloud operation

Cons

Needs a cash-out facility

Works well and very simple to use.

Ease of use. Good reporting.

Pros

It's ease of use is the most compelling feature. The reports are reasonably comprehensive too. Great for a hospitality start-up.

Cons

There are occassional troubles with printing, where the software somehow loses the fixed IP address of a printer. This is usually temporary, however. It's need to be connected to the Internet is also a con. Whilst it works a little offline, it does become unusable quickly.

Kouta is pretty good

Kouta is a smart point of system sale, Kounta has the most amazing customer services

Pros

Kounta system is very smart and easy to follow.

Cons

* It seems a little pricy, we are in NZ and it's in AUS dollars excl GST. * it needs wifi connections to run all the time. (perhaps it's the trend of our world now :) One questions in the meanwhile: is there a function to retrieve how many dishes of an item we have sold in a period of time? many thanks!

The best customer service and support I have experienced!

I am new to the hospitality industry and there is so much to learn and I need to learn fast. Kounta's excellent customer service and support has helped me tremendously to streamline my sales and to look professional. With so much to learn in the beginning, it was comforting to have a friendly voice always on the other side of the phone to assist me , and all the staff at Kounta have always been very...

Pros

The support and customer service. It is no use to have an excellent product and the user don't know how to use it. Kounta matches their excellent product with excellent support.

Cons

I have not anything negative to say about this product.

Great product

Pros

Easy to use Easy layout to navigate Colour coafing Can add photos of products Lots of addon options

Cons

Cost for multiple registers No learning platform for new staff Addons can be costly Account customer function could be better

We love kounta!

Running a sweet shop can be very busy with lots of products. We love kounta - it works for us and we find the reports and sales by information invaluable!

Pros

It's capacity to review a day's sales or last week/ year!

Cons

Stock management Grouping of goods No integrated weighing scales!

Kounta helped solve our need for a simple POS that integrated with CBA's Albert.

I am able to better analyse my business performance and make real time decisions.

Pros

It interfaced with our existing Albert and IT setup at the Cafe. Our staff quickly adapted to new methods for operating and recording sales. The interface is reasonably intuitive and the videos help with any learning gaps.

Cons

Some of issues that irked me. 1. There is no way to test workflow (options, etc) in a test mode. So you do everything in a live environment (and constantly have to swap to POS and back to test). So you can end up with 'false' sales figures, and incorrectly recorded refunds, or deleted sales. From the back office it would be good to 'test' new products setup before making them active. 2. There is no way to adjust a reconciliation if it is incorrectly entered. 3. The next price points are not attractive for small businesses to step up.

Hombre Franchising

Always have great support and easy system with great plans for working with franchises to improve platform

Pros

Works with us to improve

Cons

Reporting needs improving

This is my first experience with a could based system. Very happy so far.

Pros

Cost effective , easy to train new staff, easy integration with our accounting system. We are looking to now add rosters and stocktake to streamline our business.

Cons

Service can be effected when the system goes offline. This can also effect cash up as when the system is offline you are unable to process accounts.

Kounta customer review

Product is good but not all encompassing. We need to be able to amend previously finalised takings if changes or errors are made. This has been communicated to Kounta and apparently will be looked at and hopefully rectified in a further release?? The price schedules are limited and not really applicable for my size organisation. I would like to have 2 x POS devices however paying more than $50 per...

Cons

Hi Lloyd The honesty is appreciated and good to get feedback on how our pricing scales for small business, we'll have our team get in touch to discuss how you and your client can get more value from Kounta to help balance out the equation.

Kounta Online POS

Looking for a POS system for our new business we looked into quite a few. Kounta has been one of the easiest to use. Simple product additions. Great customer interface and fool proof back office. Syncs perfectly with our accounting software. Makes doing business so much easier

Pros

Its simplicity.

Cons

Needs to have addable categories for individual business needs

Great POS system for all to use

As our venue is a social enterprise employing people with a disability and or mental health issue, we require a user-friendly POS that can assist with Literacy and numeracy while being an overall easy to use system. Kounta is perfect for what we required. Thanks Kounta

Pros

visual aid

Cons

freezing at times

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.