All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

MessageKite Reviews

Pros

Overall, we've been very happy with this software and are grateful for it.

Lindsey D.

Read the full review
I love that I am able to use a text message service straight from my business phone. It helps to keep in touch with my client base.

Josh R.

Read the full review
Still a good experience overall but I think they would benefit greatly from a mobile app and an update to their UI.

Josh R.

Read the full review

Cons

The alert for the notifications is the most annoying sound ever. There is no way to choose a different tone/sound or to adjust the volume.

jessica b.

Alex J.

Read the full review
Some emojis or images that client's send me show up as weird characters or just blank texts. I never know what i'm missing as it could be important.

jessica b.

4.2

Excellent option for inexpensive SMS marketing software

We had wanted to implement a text messaging service so that we could reach out customers in that way too, but had always found it to be cost-prohibitive. With MessageKite, we get everything we need at a very reasonable rate.

Pros

After extensive research into our options for SMS marketing, I was very discouraged by the lack of affordable options. We are a small retail boutique and didn't have the budget for some of the more robust options available. We decided to give MessageKite a try with their free trial option, and fell in love! It's super simple to use, very user-friendly, with customizable templates you can build that allow you to easily respond to your business' FAQs. They also have automated messaging options for appointment reminders, and you can group your contacts into specific categories so that you can send one kind of text to one group, without having to choose each contact you want to include individually. Overall, we've been very happy with this software and are grateful for it.

Cons

My only complaint with the software is that there's no way for a fully automated response to take place other than an appointment reminder, so when a customer opts in to your texts with a set phrase, for instance, there's no way for the software to trigger an automated response, such as "Please confirm your opt-in" etc. That makes the process a little more labor-intensive, but overall, it's a very minor issue when you consider that the templates make responding super easy, and the value of the software for the price is amazing.

Dear Lindsey, thank you so much for your feedback and support. We're working hard on our SMS marketing solution that will allow your customers to opt-in and keyword campaigns. Stay tuned!

Message Kite for a Lesson Centre

As our first text management program, it was a game-changer for our Lesson Centre and has been an indispensable tool, but we've seen little or no refinement in the almost 3 years since.

Pros

Ability to schedule messages is invaluable to relationships with new students, schedule changes, students returning after summer holiday, etc. Consistent functionality with few issues where customer service is needed.

Cons

Templates and calendar functions are not intuitive, need extra attention to avoid errors. "Inbox" management needs improvement. Customer service has been provided when needed, but feels disconnected and impersonal.

Works as expected but would like more features

would love more options, features and controls. i'm managing with what we have merely due to not having time to find a replacement. if more feature/options are in the works i think sending out a newsletter or announcement of what's to come would be helpful, i can't be the only with this these issues.

Pros

the fact that we can easily add an option to text our business phone number

Cons

1-the "robot" that tries to help problem solve does so during business hours & while i'm already texting back/forth with someone. it makes it very confusing for our clients as to why "i'm" sending them odd texts. (would love a manual switch to where i can turn off the autobot feature when needed) 2-the feature that sends me an email letting me know i've missed texts doesn't always get sent to me....

It is great software for messaging

We are using messageKite more than 3 years and it is working great. As transportation company our dispatch team communicate with drivers easily by message kite. Sending route info, photos, schadule, etc. And messages reach to the phones momentarily.

Pros

You can use from different computers and mobiles at the same time, software has message history and has great search option. Mass or group message is also available. Photo sending is good option, too.

Cons

Search command in message history will be better to be done a little faster.

The ONLY One of its kind

Pros

I’ve done my research for companies who offer web based text services. message kite is the only one of its kind and at the price is a STEAL! I’m so glad I found their platform. It is VERY easy to operate and built to function as you’d think. I was up and running And have not turned back.

Cons

I once needed to get a hold of the company for billing updates and it could have been smoother

Dear Masa, thank you so much for your feedback. It helps us improve and grow with you. We apologize for the billing issues you had with us. We will work hard to deliver spectacular customer service for you in the future. Thank you so much for being with MessageKite and your support.

You need an app!

Overall, great. Handy and super easy to organize clients and get information out to them. Most businesses run - at least partially - from the road/on mobile, so improving the mobile site and adding an app would be amazing.

Pros

I like the browser interface. At times messages come in much later, or are don't get sent and disappear from the text box, but clean and easy to use.

Cons

The mobile website is not great. An app with notifications, similar to receiving a text message, would be a huge upgrade and would make the experience a lot better for business owners.

Works great

Pros

Having the ability to text our existing business phone number has made our business all the easier to reach and all the more approachable. The email alerts are super helpful, and being able to categorize my contacts within Messagekite is also very useful. The software is simple, easy to look at, and easy to use.

Cons

The alert sound is horrendous. I use a lot of other audio features on my work computer throughout the day, and I've had to mute the Messagekite browser tab to escape the sound. If I could reduce the volume from within the software settings, the sound would be a useful feature, but in its current form it's too much.

Great Program but Missing Much

Pros

Cons

The UI is very poor, especially on mobile. I'd like to be able to adjust the notification sound volume as well as have a mobile app so that I don't have to go to their mobile site every time I want to use the service.

Simple, Effective Text Messaging Software

I’m happy!

Pros

Keeps my business text communication easy and effective. One of few companies that didn’t also try to sell me a bunch of SMS marketing features I didn’t need. Customer service is always super responsive which is huge my book.

Cons

The interface is a tad clunky, especially on mobile but it gets the job done and certainly affordable.

Business texting

Pros

Ability to use my existing land line phone number to send / receive texts. Ability to efficiently communicate with my customer base.

Cons

Web page times out, and refresh needed to log back in.

Not sure how to answer this

It has been fine. A few times I was unhappy with the answer given for a service issue but in general the service has been good.

Pros

It is easy to use and the option to text is extremely helpful in our business.

Cons

It was challenging to get it operational and there were a number of bugs that needed to be worked out for the first 6 months. There are still a few things that could be improved: There is nothing stopping the user from entering multiples of the same contact and telephone number. Sometimes when entering a parent it will not allow the user to add the student. What is the point of entering the student name (which is what we know most) when you can only look up the parent? I have a student who has a cell phone with an overseas number and software does not allow for any extra numbers. Some students live in multiple households, it would be helpful to have more than one number associated with the student and be able to look it up that way.

Easy to Use Texting Tool

Overall, the software has helped out business and works great for us!

Pros

Message Kite is easy to use and a great way to start texting with your clients. It allows for an ongoing dialogue you may not otherwise get to have given how busy people are. This makes it easy and adds a new way to generate sales even! Strongly recommend.

Cons

I wish it was a little easier to complete simple functions like attaching a photo or file, deleting texts, filing in groups, initiating a text or saving a text for later / archiving. Currently, when I archive a text I cannot find it.

Feedback

Pros

Easy to use, like to be able to send out appointment reminders.

Cons

Wish is was app-based. Would be nice to have it on my phone after hours and weekends as I don't always see the alerts come through in my email.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.