MoneyMinder Logo

MoneyMinder

Simple accounting software for volunteers.

MoneyMinder Reviews

User ratings

5.0

• Likelihood to recommend9.9/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I can't say enough about how patient, kind and with such good humor they helped me bring sanity out of chaos. Will be forever grateful for their help.
The ease of using this software is great for those with or without accounting experience. The initial and on-going customer support is terrific.
Love the ease of use of this software for our non-profit. It is set up perfectly for PTA financing and is easy to use by the least to the most experienced treasurer.
It can be a little confusing trying to figure out what reports to run.
The only minor negative I have is that I don't think you can customize what fields to bring across when you download your banking transactions.
The main downside to the software was the migration of prior year's data into it. Although I have to say that the MoneyMinder team helped me through it.

MoneyMinder users...

QuickBooks Online Advanced-logocaret

QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise-logocaret

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

How would you rate MoneyMinder?

Outstanding Customer Service

Before, we were simply using a spreadsheet to track our budget and expenses. One wrong formula, and OOPS!! MoneyMinder makes it all easy, intuitive, and versatile. DON'T GO ANYWHERE ELSE!

Pros

Extremely helpful and personal customer service. It is always frightening starting out with new software. "Looks great, until you buy it. Then you are doomed to figure it all out on your own." NOT SO WITH MONEYMINDER!! Have a question? CALL THEM! They reply, walk you through, and make sure you understand. They will even work through errors caused by YOUR OWN MISTAKES! EASY TO USE, too!!

Cons

The ONLY feature I don't like is the graphic interface of the budget tool. I find the way the indentations of categories, subcategories, etc. to be really hard to read. I keep going back to try to figure out the hierarchy of the accounts.

Great Product, Easy to Use

It's easier to keep track of our PTA budget when our Income and Expenses are listed all in one line.

Pros

It's clear and straightforward. Easy to print different reports, depending on what information we are trying to compare. WAY easier to use than PTAvenue's financial tracking system.

Cons

Entries don't automatically save when moving from one entry to the previous or next one. You have to save it, go back to the register, and then scroll down to the next entry you might need to access or edit. Newer version doesn't have a way to import Square transactions. PDF reports printed under the new version don't have page numbers, even though the old one had page numbers in the top right corner.

Thanks for the valuable feedback! We've asked IT to bring back page numbers on the PDF exports in the new version. You're the first to report it. Thank you. Also great idea to add a Save and Next so you can make changes and then keep on moving through your existing entries. It's on our to-do list. Square import in the new version? So close. Look for this very soon.

MoneyMinder Saved the day!

Overall this has been extremity helpful in organizing our finances and keeping up with the homes that have been sold in our community.

Pros

I really like the fact that this is very easy to use. If you do not have an accounting background you can still operate within the software with limited knowledge.

Cons

The totally separate fiscal years is very limiting in some aspects. I would like to be able to print all details for the prior year for those contacts that have not paid their bill.

Great software for the PTA accounts that I have been working on the last few years

I really like the reports. They take all the information I put in and organize it easily for anyone who needs to know what is going on with all the finances. I would recommend this software to others.

Pros

The software is easy to use and is very intuitive. I like how the pages are organized. The pages are so easy to use that I rarely have needed to ask questions. I did need some help when I first started using the software and the customer service was great and responded to me very quickly.

Cons

I really have no problems with the software. I have been using it for 3 years now and am completely happy with it.

Great Program. This has vaulted our PTA into different universe of bookkeeping.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use and the ability to have multiple people able to log in with different permissions. Keeping our records straight, being able to upload supporting documents and an easy way to reconcile each month has helped our PTA become more efficient. What used to take one person a full day to do in excel, now only takes a few minutes, multiple times a month and reconciliation takes a fraction of the time.

Cons

When pulling the Treasurer Report it would be nice if it defaulted to the current month instead of the end of the year each time. One other thing that would have helped our PTA is having one more level on the budget. If we would be able to add a itemized level to the sub category, that would roll up on reports we would be able to show the main points to our general membership, but use the itemization for future budgeting purposes.

User Friendly Accounting/Budget Software Program

I love MoneyMinder. I love how easy it is to creat different type of reports (ex. Treasurer reports, budget reports, etc). I love how easy it makes it to create a brand new budget and also to keep track of your transactions in a register. I love how friendly the customer service people are at MoneyMinder. They are always willing to help me with any questions I may have.

Pros

This software program is very easy to use. It makes every aspect of accounting for a non-profit organization manageable.

Cons

I can not think of a single thing that I do not like about this product.

Money Minder staff are amazing to work with. Customer rep have helped me a lot.

Pros

It is super simple and easy to work with. There aren't a lot of screens to toggle thorough. Once you've built your first year the 2nd year is as simple as a copy. Its such a time saver.

Cons

I wish that if you decided to change coding that you didn't have to change all of the entries you have made to that code. I would be nice to enter the new GL code and then copy to everything entry made to the old GL code

Hi Carey, It sounds like you're wanting to move a category from one heading to another. Is that right? If so, we can help you do that. Would you like to reach out to us for instructions? support@moneyminder.com Thanks! Cyndi

Great solution for Lions clubs, in particular, and probably for many non-profits

****** out of a possible ***** rating!

Pros

Once I got the hang of its features and with a lot of excellent help from customer support, it is easy to manage and modify most mistakes.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to generate a budget and treasurer's report in spreadsheet form by month and with beginning and ending bank balances

Excellent program and support

Ease of documentation and knowing that your reports are correct each month.

Pros

The software allows you to capture a large amount of information in a very convenient way. You can customize how much or how little detail you want to include about your transactions. Overall the program is fairly intuitive to use and my favorite feature is the amazing support you receive when you call with questions.

Cons

There is no way to revert to previous budgets- so if you decide to do a budget revamp, and it doesn't pass at your meeting, you need to retype the entire thing back in. I wish there was a way to save favorited links so that I don't have to look through all the reports menus each time.

Outstanding Program for PTAs

Pros

This program is extremely easy to use. I recommend it to all PTA volunteers. It is easy to train our ladies to use it. The reports that are generated are excellent in showing our members where the money has come and gone.

Cons

So far, in the 10 years that I have been using this program, I have never had a complaint.

Best Non-Profit Software I could find

Tracking members and billing is as easy as it gets.

Pros

Ease of use and support. It really does everything I had hoped it would do.

Cons

Nothing so far. I did have a little trouble with formating the Quick Books download but once that was accomplished the transition was easy.

Easy to use for Non-profit PTO

Pros

Our PTO has been using Money Minder for several years now, and we find it very easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes we have to really pay attention to the totals depending on what report we are using to make sure that we are reading the accurate amount.

I Love Money Minder

It's a great company with great people who care about their customers .

Pros

It's a simple yet powerful program. MoneyMinder gets the job done effectively and efficiently. Very user friendly.

Cons

I've been using Money Minder for three years and I honestly can't think of a single thing that I don't like about the software.

Great tool for HOA/POAs

Totally blown away by the support after purchase. At this price, I expected self-guided setup and implementation. They have hosted Zoom meetings with me, Chat takes a few seconds to have a helpful knowledgeable person on the other end, and they imported nearly 600 members from a spreadsheet.

Pros

for a volunteer position, easy to set up and easy to use, were extremely important. MoneyMinder checks both those boxes.

Cons

Wish it calculated late charges and interest on unpaid balances automatically

PTA user

Money minder’s customer service is top notch! Whenever you call you get a live person. That is very rare these days. I enjoy the software and the programs and it has been very easy to keep track of our PTA expenses with this program.

Pros

Very user friendly. Since the new update it’s more efficient.

Cons

Nothing really. It’s a great tool for our PTA.

Very easy transition to this software from other PTA-type software.

Other than Quicken/QuickBooks or Excel, we had no other software options to our organization. This software is very easy to use and has all the tools needed for establishing and maintaining a non-profit budget.

Pros

I like that it's online, so I have access to our information from anywhere. It is also very easy to use, especially if you have any sort of prior experience with Quicken/QuickBooks/other PTA-type software.

Cons

I'm still getting used to the reports - they're not quite the same as the other PTA-type software (with which I was very familiar) would generate. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, though - it is just something I have to get used to.

I had an awesome experience.

Learned some great new tools

Pros

I enjoyed every thing about this software right down to the login screen and the time it took to install it.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was the cost. I wish they offered the program for free, then more people would use it.

Solid software for your non profit

Good - once you learn to use the software, it is easy to keep track of money. I also like that you can have several users at the same time so if someone needs to take over, they have access.

Pros

Money Minder has the best customer support I’ve ever experienced! While the software is t 100% intuitive, they have great staff who can walk you through your issues.

Cons

I wish payments integrated with contacts seamlessly instead of having to match them up.

School PTO

Mostly budgeting and bank reconciliation is our main functions, plus some reporting

Pros

Love the reports - easy to modify, to access and to share. This year we have discovered Cheddar Up and enjoyed it as well!

Cons

Might not be a huge name recognition yet.

MoneyMinder - The Perfect Choice for PTA Treasurers

Pros

When I became Treasurer of the PTA at my son's school I know I wanted to get a software program instead of relying on spreadsheets as previous treasurers had done. MoneyMinder was the perfect choice. First of all it is cloud based, which meant I could easily give access to other members of the PTA board. It is very easy to use but has many advanced features such as the ability to download banking transactions and transactions from Square. Those features alone have saved me an immense amount of time. The preloaded account structure for PTAs is also a great feature. The standard reporting features are easy to use but you can also do custom reports and exports. My one interaction with customer service was fantastic.

Cons

Worth its weight in gold

I have only been working with this program for a few months, but I have had a phenomenal experience. They are so helpful and easy to work with. Any time I have a question, they are ready to help. They make it easy for me to understand the answers to my questions and they make sure my problem is resolved every time. Amazing product, especially for small organizations like ours that are volunteer-based.

Pros

The customer service! MoneyMinder's representative are kind, responsive, and go above and beyond every time.

Cons

There are a few minor things that I would change, most of which are personal preference issues.

This software is easy for a non professional to work with ease.

I have had to call for support and had a great team member each time.

Pros

Besides the ease, I love the fact that all information is being save off site. I wish their would be a program for my home use.

Cons

Better way to print only for current month.

Thanks for the kind words. To get a print out for the current month, go to the Treasurer's Report. You can select a date range there! That might solve the problem.

Easy to use and very readable reports

Pros

MoneyMinder is really easy to use. It's also really easy to customize reports to fit your organization's needs

Cons

I can't really think of any negatives! Great program!

MoneyMinder - A Treasurer's Best Friend

MoneyMinder customer service is so friendly, knowledgeable and caring that you almost wish for a glitch to provide a reason to call. But glitches rarely happen because the software is well-designed and easy-to-use.

Pros

Easy to edit entries in check register.

Cons

Interface with Firefox not always good. Certainly the problem is with Firefox.

Great resource for non-profits

Pros

Cons

Every time I have had issues, I simply look up help in the menu or sometimes call customer support, I get the help I need right away.