NCR Silver Reviews

3.71/5 (70 reviews)

Veeka Tro

Reviewed 2018-07-20

Overall it has been a great experience - we went from writing paper slips for every transaction and entering each one manually into Quickbooks to just generating a couple of reports each day in the back office and entering those. It has been wonderful to have saved customer information in the system and not having to rewrite their address again. This is saving us a lot of time and our customers are impressed with our contemporary POS systems since we're a small family business and they don't expect us to be tech-savvy. We like that the software is intuitive and has clean design. We like being able to arrange our products in categories ourselves, ability to sell items by singles or by weight, being able to track products sold etc.

Gil Bagnell

Good compromise between cost and functionality, and great customer service

Reviewed 2018-07-23

This is a very affordable all-in-one system that lets us track sales, track employee hours and performance, and process credit cards. It does what it is supposed to do quite well. However, like any software, it takes some getting used to, and it is only after a few weeks that you really get comfortable with it. We live in an area where our internet keeps going down, and this system will continue to function even with the internet down. One important note for people in a similar situation is that you should not use the recommended configuration if your internet is shaky. (Their customer service helped us wit this.) They recommend a secure hard wire from the main printer to the internet modem. When the internet goes down, that interrupts communication back to the ipad, and the printer and cash drawer are not functional. Instead, as their person advised us, we use Bluetooth for that connection, and that way the iPad always is connected to the printer and the cash drawer. A minor hassle occurs sometimes when the internet goes down and devices pick up different floating IP addresses, in which case you have to delete existing connections and reconnect the new ones. I believe you can avoid this by using fixed IP addresses, but am not sure how to do that. These are pretty minor glitches once you get used to them.POS software is something that you use in real time so it is essential that you be able to fix problems quickly. Their customer service is very good - they almost always pick up at once and they are always able to tell you what to do.

Lynn Reichl

Big changes in Customer Service and they've lost me

Reviewed 2018-11-13

Overall I used to be very happy with NCR silver. The price has crept up over time. They raised the price once and said I now had "concierage" service, but no one seems to be able to explan to me what that meansand they are not nearly as responsive with customer service as they used to be. I have complex inventory questions and cannot get an answer. When I call in (which I rarely have to do now) my issue is complex and the reps that answer are inexperienced and just tell me what I already know. They don't understand what I am asking because they don't use the system themselves.I liked how easy it was to use. Easy to set up, user friendly. In the beginning when i needed help and had questions and suggetions the call center reps knew what they were doing and how to help.

Chris Bart

More than a cash register!

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Overall I've been very pleased. I think it's obvious that NCR has taken it's decades of experience working with registers and retailers, fulfilling their needs, and applied it to the Silver app. It isn't the cheapest option on the market but it's way more reliable than any windows PC based POS. I'm not worried about viruses and windows errors or even brief power outages disrupting my business. If I have a wifi connection, I'm in business. The back office, inventory management, and customer tracking is terrific. Any system can fulfill the basic need of helping you ring up a sale, but Silver offers features that I didn't know I needed until I had them. Computing sales tax for state filing, locating past customer purchases, super useful features.

Andrea Evans

Limitations in reporting and discounts

Reviewed 2018-07-23

I have't experienced any "problems" with NCR Silver. I would however like to know more about what the program is capable of because I don't believe I am utilizing all of the options to the best of their ability. I like that I can program in the specifics of the items that I sell. We carry several thousand sku's and I can program each barcode of each variation of each product. I also like that there are reports that are valuable to my business, such as sales reports and time clock reports.

Jessica Maclachlan

Satisfied

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Overall, I feel like you get a lot for your money and the ease of training new staff on the POS is greatly appreciated. The back office reports are great and help me keep track of sales and trends. I like that it's super easy to train new hires on the POS and as I a manager I love that I can access so much information in the back office so long as I have access to a computer/laptop.

Todd DiMillio

Great user friendly software

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Overall NCR has been great for our business. As I mentioned above there are just a few things I wish could be added and or corrected. Ease of use. Programming is simple with back office. POS is very user friendly.

John Henry

This is a publically traded company NCR No Way...

Reviewed 2017-04-26

They are an awful company. Their support system is a disaster. I don't know how many times I called NCR Silver for support and get a recording "hello we are experiencing an extremely high call volume. We will get back to you..." IF they get back to you it's hours later when customers have already left because we could not complete our transaction. When my system was first set up, it was set up improperly based upon their support set up. After it was up and running it caused many delays where we could not input customers information and finalize the sale. So often, we received an error message "that item already exists and must create a new ticket" We call NCR Silver and was advised to proceed in an incorrect manner where the issues were never resolved. AFTER 3 YEARS OF THIS NONSENSE, It took my representative to resolve the issue after numerous hours on the telephone. After all this, I asked for a partial credit to my account as they were responsible for the horrible software program. First, a manager would not even talk to me and flat out refused any credit. Then I asked for her manager. He did not even reply back to me. This company is supposed to be a publicly traded company. Their program is horrible and customer support is equal par. HORRIBLE!!!! Ger professional NCR and the managers need to start getting involved with a customer instead of acting like they are holier than thou.....We really did not like anything about the solftware. It was very difficlut to operate and there are many issues that NCR is not fixing. The multiple steps to complete a customer transaction is too long. They also do not have enough employees where I have wasted large amount of time waiting for their reps.

Terri Bennett

Great product Horrible customer sevice

Reviewed 2018-08-01

I like the product however anytime I have an issue i can get zero help i have been waiting on a supervisor call back for literally 2 motnhes every time i call i am told I need a supervisor and then I am told they will call me back and I STILL hve not got a call back and my systems are DOWN! Its INSANE! Also with regular tech support I am constantly training NCR employees because they dont know enough about the systems to help me!It is easy to learn to use and has all the features you need to run your business

Kathy Colledge

NCR

Reviewed 2018-07-20

The system and software itself is good. It does what I need it to do and it does it efficiently and easily. Their customer service, however, is not always so good. The software is easy to use for both employer (inputting information, printing reports, etc.) and employee (operating daily transactions).

Jara Palmer

NCR Silver with Scale Use

Reviewed 2018-07-21

My overally experience has improved once we got the right equipment for our store. I can always reach a customer service rep when needed. I think that the price for the equipment and monthly service is fair. It is very easy to use the menu at the POS. The back office is very user friendly as well and can be accessed from anywhere on any device.

Aaron Anderson

No Inventory Functionality

Reviewed 2018-07-19

POS, tracking of sales, cash reconciliation, and time clock. Would love an inventory feature for retailers. Transactions, and reporting, are very easy to use. Reporting is excellent.

Theresa Wiegman

NCR Silver is Awesome!

Reviewed 2018-07-26

The ease of use for employees is what I like best. It is easy to teach new employees to use this system and they all seem to learn it quickly which makes training them so much easier. The back office portion is easy to navigate and run reports. My inventory is always accurate due to this system.

Neryk Zavulunov

NCR Silver for Jack and Sons Barber Shop

Reviewed 2018-07-19

Not bad. Would love to have someone come out and fix the issues we are having. Pretty easy to use and great back office helps keep up with inventory and sales.

Shamus Gorsuch

Bent Wrench Roadhouse Review

Reviewed 2018-09-14

It used to be awesome, but we are experiencing lots of errors with our credit card processing lately. After contacting customer service, we have received ZERO follow ups.Ease of use. It is fairly easy to navigate through all of the back office items.

Jonna Romesburg

NCR Fan

Reviewed 2018-07-25

The ease of this software is great. You get a concierge to help you get started and then 24/7 customer service to answer any questions. The software is user friendly and simple to train new staff members.

Kristi Ellis

Unresolved issues and expensive

Reviewed 2018-07-20

It is handy with reachingnour customers and very user friendly for our staff. We have a really hard time with our retail product growing and needing a barcode scanner but we don’t want to pay NCR more money when we have other issues with them that are not being resolved. It is also expensive. Some other businesses like ours use square and have no issues and have no monthly cost for the service, just merchant fees, which we also have in addition to our fees with NCR. Very easy to use. Easy to retain customer contact info.

Roger Kim

Reports

Reviewed 2018-07-19

Straight forward use. Reliable log in...

Matt DBK

NCR Silver is here to stay

Reviewed 2018-07-19

We love it. Irreplaceable to our business.We love the reporting features and the robust nature of the Application. The setup is super easy and we loved how soon all the wait staff learnt the new system

Nick Altero

NCR Silver Review

Reviewed 2018-07-19

We had a terrible experience setting up the system. It’s over the phone instead of having someone come out to use to help set it up. Since we’ve had it up and running I have been pleased with what the system can doIt’s very user friendly, iPads are portable, easy to categorize items, ease of customer payment.

Alfred Georges

Over Promise and under deliver

Reviewed 2018-08-18
Review Source: Software Advice

Concierge service is highly touted but the Implementation process is poorly planned and communicated to the merchant. So it is a high risk process that demand a lot from the merchant to implement successfully. Having an experienced re-seller to support the delivery, set up and go live is critical. Even after raising the Good Basic dashboards and reports Remote Access to data and menus is a great feature Ability to download POS transactions to Excel is great for analysis (some fields missing from downloads)

Kirby Powell

Works well for most needs

Reviewed 2018-07-20

The software is fairly easy to setup. It uses iPads so you are not locked in to proprietary and expensive point of sale terminals.

Josh Ferguson

Software review

Reviewed 2018-07-19

There are improvements every year, but there are still issues that need to be resolved. 24/7 support. Email, text, online chat assistance.

nicholas mariano

The Best PoS System!

Reviewed 2018-07-26

Very smooth app! The POS system is amazing. Wish it was easiest to contact support!Its very easy to add and change menu items in seconds. Easy to fix hours for people who forget to clock-out. Easy to watch labor and look at sales!

Robert Pangilinan

Mostly positive

Reviewed 2018-07-21

My overall experience has been good. They have great support I like the ease of use and the different reports offered. They also have a lot of tools that come with the software, from POS to customer loyalty.