Pathable Reviews

Pros

It was a great tool to use for our Conference attendees. We especially liked the calendar features and the ability to have separate pages for our speakers and sponsors.

Cassie S.

Ease of use, ability to see history of members from previous conferences. Overall we had a positive experience and the mobile app fulfilled our needs at the time.

Sharron H.

It's so nice to be able to welcome new attendees; I think being able to interact on discussion boards before they arrive is a great way to make them feel connected and comfortable before they arrive.

Kim L.

Cons

I really disliked how every time I closed the app, I had to log back into the event. This was incredibly frustrating and a waste of time.

Because of our company's limitations we couldn't create a real app but instead this web-based app (let's face it, it was a simply webdite). I found it disappointing.

Ido K.

There was some difficulty learning some of the functions and some delay in updates getting made to pages.

Cassie S.

4.3

Smooth transition from in-person to virtual event

Pathable was the ideal solution for our size and scope of virtual event. From the sales process, to building it out, and executing during the event, the Pathable team delivered top notch customer service.

Pros

Pathable is a flexible and customizable platform that helped facilitate a smooth transition from our typical in-person event to virtual. Platform was super user friendly, and even with 3,000+ attendees, we received only minimal requests for assistance. The Zoom meeting integration was crucial for our organization because it allowed us to structure the event so our attendees could have organic connections. It was a daunting task to rebuild a completely new event during a very uncertain time, but having the right technology to make that happen made all of the difference. I also can't speak highly enough about how wonderful everyone on the Pathable team was through the entire process. We are signing on again for our 2021 event!

Cons

Documentation was a bit limited when we began using the platform (June 2020). I do think they were in the infancy stages of building it out more.

Excellent App for your next event

An amazing company to deal with from start to finish. Always there to help and guide you along the way with amazing customer service to both us and our attendees. Definitely the best we've ever dealt with.

Pros

It's easy to use. It can be used as a webpage and changes are made in real time. There are so many customizable features. Overall look and feel is easy and very user friendly.

Cons

We love everything so far! I have no complaints.

Great user interface but DIY on the backend

It might have been because of the pandemic with many folks switching to virtual, but there seems to have been a bandwidth issue. Support emails replies took hours, our CHM was often supporting a live event and responded the next morning. Plus, the platform went through updates so what worked yesterday changed the following day. It was great to have updates, but everyone on the Pathable side did not have the same info and the answer was different depending on who you spoke to. Our virtual conference was a success and did all of the things we wanted it to do, but it required a lot of painstaking work for the team to make it happen.

Pros

After close to 10 demos we chose Pathable because it had a better user friendly front end interface of other virtual platforms. The agenda display of sessions worked well with multiple concurrents, filtering on-demand and the tracks made it easy to navigate. The chat feature was really well received and allowed for a surprising amount of engagement. The platform itself felt modern v. other clunky ones out there. We were able to heavily customize their sponsor/exhibitor template to showcase a virtual poster hall that participants loved. Overall, once people "got into" the platform, they were able to get around it very easily.

Cons

While some things are intuitive within the default templates the platform feels very DIY. Particularly as there's no "live" helpdesk that you can phone. It took about 2 months of sitting in on numerous the Ask the Experts, exchanges with the Client Happiness Manager, emails to the general support line, and fighting with the dashboard to get things to work. It also does not have built in metrics. We have overall numbers for page visits, but have to go into google analytics to see the breakdown. The import feature was tricky as it easily overrides information and you have to be very careful and check your work if you update via import.

ENGAGE! 2020 APP

Excellent support, technology and App. Highly recommend to meeting and event planners.

Pros

Allowed up to provide our attendees an event app that provided all of the information they needed at their fingertips.

Cons

1:1 Meeting Scheduling was built for individuals to request to meet with each other (large tradeshow for example) - the solution we needed was for the selecting and scheduling of the meetings to be done on the back end and this created several challenges.

Solid solution for our conference

The best part about Pathable is the customer support. I feel that the folks are there via chat 24/7 to help me out, and our assigned project manager is an absolute pleasure to deal with, very patient, knowledgeable, and available anytime we need support. When I needed help with last minute tweaks before launch, the chat feature and turnaround time was beyond expectations.

Pros

Appreciate the ease of use for the participant, being able to select which sessions they want to attend, having access to their Agenda online via desktop or mobile device. Great way to get people engaged with each other prior to the event. Uploading content is streamlined with our ticketing platform, file uploads for schedule is straight forward.

Cons

We used Pathable for last couple of years in their previous version, and it's taken a bit of time to adjust to the new system. It is much more flexible & advanced in it's ability to custom design every section of the site, requiring more hunt & peck approach to setting things up. Now that we've launched, and that I've played with the site more extensively, I feel better equipped to deal with any issues that might pop up.

UROP Symposium Feedback

I was very appreciative of the hands on approach by the staff, but because of the difficulties with certain aspects as an administrator in the beta stage of the platform, I see its potential, and utility but because online trainings really hadn't been developed for the administrators the experience was fraught with difficulties.

Pros

The ability to have a filtered search, show maps of the location within each event participant.

Cons

Onboarding for individuals was not easy and the update to the entire platform occurred during our event. As an administrator it was not easy to make changes on the day.

A great conference app

We have used Pathable to develop an attendee app for our annual conference for three years. Pathable delivers an affordable, easy-to-administer app that gives us flexibility in building our program, adding speakers and allowing attendees to manage their own schedules. For any needs we can't handle ourselves, we have a dedicated customer service rep who is responsive to email and happy to get on the phone and walk through things or even take care of them himself. The app makes running the conference and communicating with attendees, speakers, media and anyone else much easier and more efficient.

Pros

Intuitive use of backend content management Helpful customer support Positive user experience for conference attendees

Cons

Online registration system run by a competing conference app developer wants to charge us additional $ to make itself compatible with Pathable, but that is the competing developer's fault, bit Pathable's.

Pathable

Good app and pretty good customer service support. Likely will use again in the future unless we find something with all the same features at a lower price.

Cons

Pathable for events and online community

They are the best customer service reps!!

Pros

Pathable is easy to use and offers exceptional customer support!

Cons

There are some features we wish were available but are not (or are in the works).

We are very happy with Pathable

Our conference has 80+ workshops over 4 days and many run concurrently. Participants obviously can't attend all of them but with Pathable they can access the handouts and PowerPoint presentations from all of the workshops.

Pros

Ease of use on the back-end and our conference participants find it very easy to use (and they aren't tech people). Allows us to promote our sponsors. The product is also very affordable.

Cons

I can't really think of anything that I don't like about the software.

Pathable's value for networking events

Pros

I've looked at just about every app in the market and think that Pathable is really superior, and uniquely so, on registrant interaction. The ability for registrants to create and manage detailed user profiles, search others' profiles, communicate securely with them, and even schedule meetings with each other against the calendar of conference events is incredibly robust for an off-the-shelf product.

Cons

I'm working on one of the last versions of the legacy (old) version of the software so anything I say here doesn't really pertain for going forward since the whole system is getting an overhaul. But on the legacy system, I think the biggest challenge for me is that users are all treated as individuals rather than as parts of groups. Meaning that if a company is sending 6 people, each individual user needs to manage their own schedule, sign on to particular sessions and events. What we often find is that one person wants to make choices for their whole group, or parts of their groups, but since they can't log in to the other person's account, they can't make those choices and need to email us for help.

Alabama Rural Water Association

We are new to the product, so I will defer for now until we've had more experience. "Get a few conferences under our belt." But, I intend to stay with this software for at least a few events, for sure. Thanks!

Pros

This software is very easy to use, especially to the tech-savvy. Extendable and user-friendly, I am happy that I decided to pursue this option to extend digital services to our conference attendees.

Cons

I have identified a few discrepancies with the fairly new REST API. Nothing to worry about. I can't wait for this service to mature. Also, I would like to see a more-consolidated or 'clear' set of documentation (path to finding solutions without having to interact with people). I seem to find myself running into multiple doc versions through web searches and wish there were a more clear path to solutions. But, I have always received a great link from my happiness manager when I have had questions, so it isn't a huge deal. I just personally don't like to bother others when I can figure it out myself through research.

Useful Conference App

We have a conference/ fly-in that includes over 400 attendees and over 300 meetings on a single day. Building the functionality to include information about Members of Congress, issues they support and basic information about them is key. They app handle most of it very well. I would love to talk to your company about tailoring an app to legislative conferences like ours that can account for the number of visitors. There is a dearth of conference apps available to groups visiting Washington, and I believe you all are the best.

Pros

I enjoyed the aesthetics and design of the app. There was a lot of customizations that allowed me to repurpose it for our capitol hill fly-in. Top notch app support from our rep Fred Miendle.

Cons

The backend functionality had a steep learning curve. I wish there was a more in-depth tutorial with videos and examples.

Outstanding App Development Tool!

Not only is the app great, but the customer service is exceptional. Any time I have an issue or question, Pathable's customer service team is readily available with the answer. This is very much appreciated!

Pros

This tool is being used at our national conference and will have approximately 2,000 users. We were able to setup the user interface, features and design very quickly and without issue. The app looks great and is very user friendly. Our users love the customization options for scheduling events and sessions.

Cons

The app sometimes reloads and freezes, though this is minimal and not a major issue.

Pathable Mobile App

We have had an great experience with pathable but unfortunately, our organization out-grew the software and has made the decision to go with a complete event registration company, which included a mobile app.

Pros

Cons

We upgraded to the new version of the software on advice of our client happiness manager, and as to be expected it had a few bugs. We lost at least one month only to find out the new features would not be available for our conference, (gamefication). We switched back to the previous version and customer services was quick to assist us.

Pathable review

Good customer care when you speak with them on the phone, otherwise, it can be difficult/slow to get things moving.

Pros

- it looks nice on the front end - good benefits from a user perspective - intuitive app for users

Cons

- is not user friendly to build - slow to get anything through development to create fixes-

Easy to Use and Learn

We use Pathable both as a conference app as well as an event website. It works surprisingly well for both. We don't use it for registration since that goes through our association management software but we are working on single sign-on, which will make things smoother for the users.

Pros

Pretty easy to learn, reliable. Nice flexibility with formatting. Not super fancy but accommodates almost everything I'd like to do. We are going to integrate it with our Salesforce-based association management software and it will be even better.

Cons

It would be great if you could edit photos within the software. Also, the ability to use tables is really limited. It would be nice to be able to upload, for example, a grid for registration or past attendees and have it keep the format. Right now, I upload any larger tables as images, which isn't optimal. Also would be nice if it supported slide shows. And finally, the cloning is extremely limited. I would like the ability to copy over a meeting and edit from there instead of having to do almost everything from scratch.

Good App for Events - but didn't work for us

The service was great, but the app wasn't what we needed. Lead Retrieval was a big part of our purpose in having an App and this did not deliver that.

Pros

There was very good customer service if you needed a live person. The look was nice For a basic agenda and networking between attendees it works fine

Cons

The price point was too high There is too much work to be done to make it have all details of the Convention It doesn't function for Lead Retrieval It was clunky for our attendees so most people didn't really use it. The first event everyone had to sign in to use it, which was frustrating

I've used Pathable for several conferences, and find that it's an excellent networking tool.

Pros

It is quite easy to find other attendees, whether searching by first or last name, company name, attendee type, keywords, etc. The appointment scheduling process also works fairly well, as does the communication function.

Cons

Some attendees choose not to complete their profiles, so only the most basic information is offered. This can hinder networking at times.

Heather Krejci of ACA

Pros

Pathable has really worked to be easier and easier for our attendees to use. The ability to communicate without sharing e-mail address, classifying attendees and assigning usability based on that, and the ability to easily set appointments are some of my favorite features. Plus the customer service cannot be beat.

Cons

I do find the messaging features not as clear as they could be.

Easy to set up and change between conferences.

Easily ran conference app.

Pros

Ease of use and straightforward customization, excellent customer support. The email messaging system is great in that the emails are fully customizable and can be sent on a schedule, or to targeted groups (grouped logically, by people who haven't set up a profile for example).

Cons

The app seems to experience slowdown during peak usage at conferences - cycling without opening etc. If the app price changes and increases, it will likely be too expensive for us per conference.

Good software, fantastic team.

Pros

Broad feature set. Great support team. Single administration platform for desktop and app views of user experience.

Cons

Administrative user interface and experience are outdated. Front end for desktop and app should be more flexible and easier to integrate with existing CMS products.

Mercer Pathable review

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing to work with, proactive and always extremely helpful. App is easy to use. backend software easy to navigate. features of the app are in line with other apps at this price point.

Cons

the app is a little slow to load, not as sleek as other apps. some features still need to be worked on.

I'm an event planner and I'm using Pathable for the event I'm working on

Pros

Being able to customize the event tool with our design. Having an app is really helpful too even if some point have to be improved

Cons

It's too slow. When you have to add people in a private meeting you have to add people one by one which is time consuming.

My experience with Pathable

The software did most of what we needed it to do, integrated with our registration system, provided a website that also enables networking and sharing of documents. The support service was also very excellent.

Pros

I liked that the back-end interphase of Pathable was very user-friendly. It was easy to set up, finding functions and applying them was also simple. I was also impressed by the number of software with which it seamlessly integrates with - I found this quite useful.

Cons

There are limited web templates and styles so one is stuck to what is available only. There is therefore not much room for customization in order to achieve one's desired 'look and feel'