PayPal Zettle Logo

PayPal Zettle

Mobile point of sale software to process online payments

PayPal Zettle Reviews - Page 79

1,981 reviews

christie m.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

PayPal Zettle is so easy to use

Pros

PayPal Zettle is so easy to use and great for the online gift shop our company has

Cons

Sometimes PayPal Zettle is late processing payments for orders

Enrique S.

Oil & Energy, 51-200 employees

A great sales point for your commerce

A good option for a known payment app

Pros

methods for payments, options, and reliability on the platform

Cons

Not the best interface on the app but makes easy tools

DN

David N.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Very disappointing

I really hate it. I'm still using the original PayPal app to take payments even though I stopped using the reader. I do not not like Zettle at all. If I knew the problems I would have with it, I would have used Apple Pay or something else in the very beginning.

Pros

The device is easy to charge and easy to use when taking payments.

Cons

No instant/automatic receipts sent to the user until days later. Also, cannot pair multiple devices to your phone.

Bruno A.

Industrial Automation, 1-10 employees

The best service to buy and sell safely and quickly.

Now we are providing services to our clients who are foreigners, they pay us through this platform safely, quickly and with low commissions. The benefits offered by Paypal Zettle are security, speed, trust, privacy. The important thing is that anyone who is starting their business can use this tool.

Pros

This tool is very good and above all safe, it allows you to pay for purchases abroad quickly and safely. It gives you all the benefits and charges you a small commission accessible to everyone. The tool is easy to use, as simple as creating an account and starting to manage your payments and expenses. The tool has been easy to integrate as we use it on a daily basis for our foreign clients who pay us for the service we provide.

Cons

Paypal Zettle is going excellent, so far I am satisfied with all the payments and purchases I have made. The tool is easy to use in all its aspects, the integration to our business processes has been very well accepted by our clients, since it is easier to process payments for both our clients and my company.

OC

Olga C.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Fácil pago

Pros

Me parece una forma de pago sencilla, rápida, cómoda (desde el dispositivo móvil), y que no requiere dar la tarjeta, número de cuenta y ni si quiera el número de teléfono. Es suficiente con el correo.

Cons

Muchas veces el pago con Paypal es complicado de realizar, no me parece accesible para todo el mundo

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Ludovic R.

Computer Hardware, self-employed

Mon avis

La simplicité d'aller partout avec le TPE pour le paiement direct du client.

Pros

Le point fort selon moi est de pouvoir relier Izettle a sont compte paypal pro.

Cons

Le point faible après pas mal d'utilisation est le sans contact qui bug pas mal il marche une fois sur cinq.

Showing original review in French. See translation

JA

Jesse A.

Security and Investigations, 1,001-5,000 employees

paypal start saving today

Pros

its ease of access and the ability to be able to save money quicker

Cons

linking bank details could be made simpler by just asking for the bank account number instead of a number on a cheque or bank statement

Arthuro O.

Trusted online payment method

I experience of this software very satiesfied its answer sufficienty

Pros

easy to use and i trust this software thats why i like it

Cons

I never experience difficult since I use this

LO

Laura O.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

The way of the future

Overall this is fast and easy and convenient. A safe and effective way to get the payment done.

Pros

This is so nice from a security and convenience standpoint. It is also fast, simple, and reliable.

Cons

Have had some issues with occasionally logging in.

Tiago O.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

It's better than old school system

Pros

With iZettle we are able to process payments fast and reliable

Cons

Nothing to say about this software, everything works like a charm

TG

Tama G.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Perfect for small to medium businesses

We are an animal rescue, and we hold adoption events both at our rescue and in other places (parking lots, pet stores, etc.). The biggest benefit of PayPal Here is the mobility - we can take payments anywhere, and can have multiple volunteers set up with the mobile app to do so. It's reasonably easy for new users to figure out, and also easy to correct mistakes that occur - refunding an incorrect amount...

Pros

The best thing about PayPal Here is that it is 100% portable. We can process donations or adoption fees from our rescue, a pet store, a street fair - as long as we have a bar or two of signal, we can accept any major credit card. It also has a QR code option, so if the customer has the PayPal app or would prefer a 100% touchless transaction, we can generate that code and they can pay from their own phones rather than having to physically hand over a card. The readers are small and easy to tuck into a pocket, and have proven remarkably sturdy in spite of some pretty rough handling. (Literally had a puppy chew on one, and it still worked just fine afterward!) (Welcome to life in a rescue, y'all, puppy is gonna chew ANYTHING that falls out of a pocket into their enclosure...)

Cons

The card readers can be a bit fiddly, especially for folks with older model phones. The newer Bluetooth readers in particular are unusable by several of our authorized users who stubbornly cling to their ancient Androids (not PayPal's fault). To be fair this can easily be overcome by manually entering the card number, but the fees are considerably higher than when we are able to swipe the card or insert the chip into the reader.

KA

Kevin A.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

PayPal Here App Exceeds Expectations

They offer peace of mind by maintaining up to the minute payment tracking and notifications. This is especially useful if PayPal is your primary form of payment used by your customers for online businesses. As I mentioned earlier, if there is ever an issue the matter is handled with an experienced live representative in a timely and efficient manner. I think anyone who shops online should definitely give PayPal Here App a try and I assure you that it will not disappoint.

Pros

I love the various options that PayPal offers to its users. Not only does it allow my personal business to receive payments from anywhere and at any time, it also makes purchasing products through PayPal extremely easy and efficient. I use it for both my online business and as my main form of payment when shopping on websites. Nowadays most stores like Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy accept PayPal and...

Cons

The customer service could be improved a little bit when it comes to trying to talk to someone about an issue you may be experiencing. I have only had to contact customer service once due to the delay I was experiencing concerning a refund that I was supposed to have received within 3 days. On the 4th day with no refund on sight I contacted their customer service department and was answered within an hour with their assurance that they would handle the refund within 24 hours. After verifying proof of the purchase I was awaiting a refund on, PayPal issued my refund less than 4 hours later with a truly sincere apology for the complication occurring in the first place.

Joshua K.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Quickest Way to Accept Payment with Cards

PayPal Here makes it super simple to accept payment from my customers. I like that it's linked directly to my PayPal account and that funds are available immediately. Before I started using PayPal Here, I would have customers ask to Cash.app me funds or send them via Venmo. The downside to this was that it wasn't necessarily professional and I had to wait for funds to be transferred to my bank account.

Pros

PayPal Here is by far the quickest way to accept payment from customers with credit/debit cards. I'm particularly referring to the speed in which funds are available for spending. It's very simple to swipe the customer's card or enter their payment information and then almost instantly have access to those funds. I the earlier days of PayPal Here, I was one of the fortunate people that received a free card reader. This came in handy as all I had to do was plug it into my iPad and simply swipe the customer's card. The app is somewhat customizable, too. For example, you can specify whether or not you want to require a customer's signature for certain purchase amounts. Also, the app integrates with PayPal Inventory Management as an added convenience if desired.

Cons

The only thing I really dislike about the app is the fact that I am charged a higher percentage on the fee if I manually input the customer's credit/debit card information as opposed to just swiping their card. Sometimes I feel that this is an unfair thing - especially in cases where the customer's card is not properly reading when swiped in the card reader. Lastly, PayPal no longer provides free card readers (unless you're a new user). So, if you need a new, updated card reader you'll have to pay for it.

MO

Mary O.

Retail, 1-10 employees

PayPal Here is a One Stop Payment Center

Witn the Paypal here app, I have found that people are more likely to buy items if I offer Paypal here. People seem to trust the app because they know the name. It also makes my bookkeeping easier since so many of my online payments already go through Paypal.

Pros

I have to admit that when I first heard of the app, I was a little skeptical. Ok, maybe more like scared. I have been using Paypal for Payments since it first came on line and it's one thing to have someone use Paypal with an online purchase, get paid and ship your package and another to have someone use an app to pay and walk off with their purchase. All sorts of things went through my mind. Mostly,...

Cons

There really isn't anything I dislike about this product. It is extremely easy to use. I can't think of anything that I would change. I even like the shape of the scanner.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

PayPal Here Review

My overall experience is great with PayPal Here, I like the software because it is very convenient and I can charge the customer credit card anywhere as long as I have a smartphone and the fee is decent because it is not too expensive but it is also not too cheap either.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and the device that is used with the software is also easy to use. What I love most about the software is it is available on any mobile device and I can easily take payment anywhere on the go.

Cons

The one thing I like least about the software is, there is no ability to upload pictures of a product you are selling to the software. The software only accepts a name for each product.

OS

Obrian S.

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

PayPal zettle I love it

My over experience with PayPal zettle is great it is simple one of the best out there which is great PayPal is always innovative I love it

Pros

What I love about mostly about PayPal zettle is that to me the revolutionized the point of sale business which I know others giant company are big man, I’m not new to using PayPal services over the many years I’ve been a PayPal user but what PayPal did with zettle is next level where I don’t necessarily have to have excellent internet connections to take payments I can do over simple mobile internet and the transactions are always a success, PayPal put in a lot of work into it and I love it…

Cons

What I don’t like with it which could be just a software issue is that something it just disconnect from my phone off its own which is a bit annoying but it takes seconds to reconnect so it can work around probably a software update can if it and sometimes the card payment fails like 1 or 2 but it never goes over the third retry so I think those can be fix with an update they are minor but if it happens in a rush it can be a big deal but some problems

Zuhairah A.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

Very convenient in making payment

PayPal is secure and i fully trusting their securities regarding my payment account and credit card information that are linked in the platform. All my transaction activities are displayed in the main dashboard so that i can monitor any activity within my account. There are no option for transferring funds to friend & family in my country, and i hoping it will introduced to us soon.

Pros

PayPal Here is an amazing payment processing platform that i can make payment for my shopping cart in foreign e-commerce website like Amazon or ebay. It can be install in my smartphone, and i don't have to log-in the platform from my computer, but its offer the same security for my payment account. There are thousand merchant that are accepting PayPal and that make it so convenient.

Cons

The exchange rates from my currency to foreign currency is quite high and so different from other common daily exchange rate that other payment processor are using. On top of that, there are processing fees for the payment transfer. If they can lowering the processing fees, i can see others will use it more often as their payment processor.

FV

Fabian V.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Get rid of ties and tortuous banking procedures, just use PayPal Zettle

The experience with PayPal Zettle SoftWare has been satisfactory, we have increased our sales and expanded our field of action, time, economic and human resources have been optimized, it has been a magnificent investment since with it many inconveniences that we had with it have been solved. the recession caused by the Covid19 pandemic, with this tool we have fulfilled our sales program without any problem.

Pros

It is worth the investment of this tool, it is an easy-to-use system, it allows you to have an inventory control with photographic history or barcode or as you best decide, in addition to having your income secure without counting on the cumbersome methods of the traditional financial systems to carry out your transactions, saving time and money, you can customize the processes in an orderly manner at the time of billing, the most important thing is that you have control all the time in each process, you have the support and technical backing of the service of attention to the client of the creators of this important SoftWare, that take care of all the needs and doubts of their clients. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT.

Cons

If we start to analyze this system in relation to others with similar characteristics and functionality, the PayPal Zettle SoftWare has certain things that do not even reach the point of disqualification, the inconveniences that arise are solved with a brief chat with the customer service and it is solved immediately, it is what we have verified in our company.

AA

Anthony A.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Payment processing pretty much anywhere

I have been PayPal as a payment processor for a long, long time, before the card reader accessories were branded "PayPal Here". First and foremost is funds accessibility; if you obtain the PayPal Debit card, you can access your funds way faster than many other processors. I've also found the fees to be in line with or better than the competitors. Furthermore, if you use the Debit card for purchases, you can "recover" some of the fees you were charged. Also, flat fees for all cards, whereas other either didn't accept certain cards or charged more for them). Lastly, PayPal has the best and easiest dispute resolution of any processor I've used, hands down. (For both sides)

Pros

Ease of use, speed of funds access, fees, well known and respected name, supported payment methods, and sometimes customer support, dispute resolution

Cons

Sometimes, customer support is lacking (roll the dice?), and the "rebate" program on the Debit card changing over the years (less reward)

ES

Elizabeth S.

Retail, 11-50 employees

A Fantastic Way To Start!

Overall, this was a great POS for our company to start with at mobile markets. It was simple and straightforward and I found the customer support to be great! If you need/want a simple POS to get you started, give it a try!

Pros

This was an easy way to get started with a POS. It was free and simple to setup. I found it very simple to change the products around, as well as prices. The app is simple to install across different devices and platforms and it works just as well on my android as it does on my staff's iPhone. Adding products to the shopping cart and checking out is a breeze. Also, it is simple to change tax rates...

Cons

There isn't much style to the app. This doesn't really matter, but once our company was established and we started using a different POS in our store, this was only used as a backup and my staff actually complained that there weren't pictures of the products.

Lorena Q.

My best friend since I've been freelancing

Currently, almost all my payments for freelance work come through this medium, so without Paypal, I would have no money, basically.

Pros

Paypal's reach and the ability to receive payments from anyone quickly and easily is definitely its greatest advantage. In addition, notifications are always fast both by email and by the app, payments can be processed at any time from the smartphone, and its portability is an advantage for any freelancer or business. And, of course, the fact that it is one of the most widely used online payment methods.

Cons

The first thing they should try to correct is the unnecessary blocking of accounts. They're not only annoying and unexpected (any small action can lead to being blocked, in my case, a trip), but they also take a long time to solve the problem, the verification is absurdly slow and they don't give much support so the account is unusable during that time. The other thing I would like them to take into account is the users outside the USA (there are so many of us). Getting the money out of Paypal is very difficult because we can't receive the card, and half of the balance it goes away in commissions to make the currency changes or withdraw the dollars. Not to mention that the commissions for payments are one of the highest of these platforms.

Ashley N.

Cosmetics, 51-200 employees

LOVE AT FIRST PAYMENT! LOL LITERALLY.

AS I STATED BEFORE, "I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FACT THAT THEY GIVE YOU YOUR CHIP/CARD READER FOR FREE!! I ALSO LOVE HOW YOU CAN EASILY CREATE YOUR MENU OF PRODUCTS AND PRICES TO MAKE CHECKOUT AND PAYMENT PROCESSING EASIER. (RIGHT FROM MY PHONE TOO)." IT MAKES OWNING A BUSINESS EASIER AND HELPS YOU FEEL LIKE A BOSS WITH CONFIDENCE.

Pros

EASY SIGN UP, PAYPAL IS WELL KNOWN AND USED BY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FACT THAT THEY GIVE YOU YOUR CHIP/CARD READER FOR FREE!! I ALSO LOVE HOW YOU CAN EASILY CREATE YOUR MENU OF PRODUCTS AND PRICES TO MAKE CHECKOUT AND PAYMENT PROCESSING EASIER. (RIGHT FROM MY PHONE TOO).

Cons

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. NO CONS! WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE?

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Easy to use and easy to set up

Really pleased with it. I'm still find cool things that I can do.

Pros

I needed to find a new card reader as my previous one had died. As I have a paypal business account I wanted one which will link direct with my account without having to set up a new payment system. The software and reader links straight to my shopify account so that I could use the card reader to link to my iPad and set up a POS at the mobile shows I attend. It brought in my entire inventory from shopify. The software is easy to use and allows easy data to be accessed from the software dashboard showing sales by timeperiods and even go into each transaction to granular levels. You can also refund card transactions from within the software. you can trigger your payments out to be daily, weekly or monthly to your designated account.

Cons

Note that the reader is really sensitive so do not put your phone close to the reader when entering in payment details or you can trigger apple pay ... yes, I accidentally paid for an order and had to refund it to myself (which was really easy in the software).

JG

Jennifer G.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great for POS

Pros

I like that it’s easy to use and has excellent reports

Cons

The only thing that I wish PayPal here would do is work with a PC computer

Coty T.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

Great option for inside business sales for small businesses!

The experience I have with PayPal is always amazing. They're safe, reliable, and I wouldn't choose any other software to manage my in store transactions.

Pros

PayPal here was always a tool I used before I grew my small business. It offered simple, easy to use and understand mechanics that some merchant transaction softwares didn't offer. I love how easy it is to use, and especially how quick it is. Most of all, I love how I can incorporate this into my already existing PayPal Business account to always manage receipts, invoices, and history.

Cons

I dislike the amount per swipe percentile. Each business has their fees, whilst there's others out there who are cheaper to use.