Picatic

Web-based event listing, ticketing and management platform

Picatic Reviews

Phil O.

Picatic events look great across a variety of platforms. It's easy to take those events and embed them in your own website for ticket sales (awesome).

Dave V.

Love the updates that come to my inbox and the ease of refunds and the customer support is AMAZING.

Jennifer S.

Cons

It's hard for me to think of any dislikes. You can't change a custom URL once a custom URL is selected but that's not much of a con.

Daniel D.

There are a few features missing. I understand that start-ups need to start somewhere and build up).

Amanda G.

We use this for webinar registrations, so in practice it means my customers get multiple emails and that is confusing.

Well-rounded event management tool for non-profits, small, and medium businesses

This software provides a single tool for our department of four to create, administer, and market events to our clients and prospective market.

Pros

I've used Picatic across a two post-secondary institutions and with multiple non-profit groups. Picatic provides flexible and easy-to-use tools to handle registrations, check-ins, payments, and communication for your event. The crux of the system is in the ability to quickly create an attractive and responsive basic event registration in very little time. The ability to collect robust, custom information from clients is very helpful. Recently-added capacities to work in teams/groups and to manage events with multiple dates are very welcome. Support staff are quick and helpful.

Cons

Some of what makes the software the simplest/friendliest also causes some restrictions - i.e. the survey tool is limited in its configuration options meaning you cannot structure/validate the data, or the multiple parties cannot register together (parent with child, spouse with spouse).

Easy to use ticketing product with a very reasonable price tag

Our company needed registration for two different types of events, a race/rally and a tour. Being completely new to the event space, we didn't realize how useful the management tools would be. The attendee lists, analytics, and email tools were crucial. In addition, Picatic's interface is really user-friendly. Our team had varying degrees of computer skill, and no one had a problem navigating the management tools. We required support to issue a complicated refund, their support team was prompt and friendly when dealing with our team and customer. Overall we've had a great experience with Picatic's product and team.

Pros

As mentioned, the management tools were a huge asset to our event. Now that we've used them we'd have a hard time living without downloadable entrance lists, attendee surveys, Google analytics, and Mailchimp integration. Picatic's interface is also really nice, it was user-friendly and intuitive.

Cons

There are a few features missing. (I understand that start-ups need to start somewhere and build up) We would love the ability to add time zones and close an even early. We would love to take advantage of their API for future events - a more seamless check-out that looks like part of our website will be really beneficial.

I've enjoyed some of the feature as the ticket designer, but our customers have had many issues.

Using this product helped me learn what features I truly need and am looking for in a ticketing service so that I could make an informed decision on the next company we choose.

Pros

I like the sleek, professional look of Picatic. I like that it easily integrates with our website. I've had helpful customer service.

Cons

I don't like that it makes me create the same survey every time I make a new ticket. I don't like that to pay with an invoice customers have to click "OFFLINE", which is very confusing and often unclear that this option will allow them to do an invoice. I don't like that I can't customize the email or the invoice that goes out to customers after they've bought a ticket. I don't like how much time I've spent manually putting in customer information because so many of them have had trouble using this product. :(

Picatic is Great!

I have used Picatic for 2 events now (one Halloween Fundraising Event and one to ticket an Independent Film screening), and I absolutely love the service. The main appeal for me is its user friendly interface and customizable nature. For both events, I have been able to set up very aesthetically pleasing pages with custom graphics, posters and videos. I also very much appreciate that all customer information is collected and a guest list is complied for you.

Pros

-There is always support available if you run into troubles. I personally have rarely needed to use the customer support because the set up process is very easy to follow. - Donation feature and customer survey features are great additions to the regular ticketing app. - Visual customization easily done.

Cons

- When loading a video onto your page, I noticed that it can only appear at the top of the page. It would be cool to be able to imbed this anywhere on the page, just like you can imbed photos.

I've used a variety of ticketing systems this is the most flexible while being easy to use.

I've sold a lot of tickets to events through this system. It is my go-to ticketing system these days.

Pros

I run a series of festivals and always need different ticket pricing tiers and discounts. This system makes that really easy to do.

Cons

Could be some better exporting of sales for accounting. The door reports are great, but I'd like to export out a summary of sales for reporting to stakeholders and export transactions to an accounting system.

Reliable platform for hosting events - looks great and gaining traction.

Easy to use for free and paid events, easy to manage RSVP list.

Pros

Easy to use and looks great. Great user interface for both event creators and for event attendees. Happy to use a made-in-Canada solution for my local events.

Cons

Doesn't have the same level of adoption in US and UK (where I have hosted events before). My audience/attendees in those geographies are still more familiar with registering for events via Eventbrite.

Easy to Get Up and Running Quickly

Pros

Picatic is very user-friendly and easy to set up quickly. Its fees are less than similar sites. The customer service is very responsive and they have a great help section for when you get stuck.

Cons

The only issue I have had is with the map feature pulling the wrong address even if the address is entered correctly. This has caused some confusion with event attendees but nothing major.

Easy to use ticket management software!

Pros

I love the easy to use features and the ability to customize each event to our branding. Customer Service response time is fast with excellent follow-up from our representative. Our issues were handled with high priority and quickly resolved.

Cons

I would love to have more editing capabilities and more diverse survey options. It would be beneficial to be able to assign more than one survey to a category. Right now, only one survey can be assigned to a group.

Great platform

Pros

The ability to add surveys to ticket types so that we can create the right attendee experience. We have used these surveys to provide the right type of swag bag for our conferences.

Cons

The functionality of the Android app could be improved so that its a more useful tool for my volunteers checking people in at the door

Picatic is easy to use and costs are lower for non profit organizations, which is a huge plus.

Easy and friendly to use.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and there are some fail safes in place in the event you make an error. I like the simple step by step process that you get walked through when you create an event. The analytics after an event goes live is also very valuable as it gives insight to the success of the event and how to improve it.

Cons

You cannot re-open a closed event. Even if the event was closed in error, you have to get Picatic's admins to re-open it.

Simple And effective

Pros

Super easy to use and doesn't have any glitches. It is super quick and easy to set up events update them and pull up reports at a glance

Cons

Wish that I could do T-shirt sizes and add-on items on the app when checking people in. Its a huge deal for a large event

Outstanding platform that handles my events like I have a team working with me!

Pros

I love that it is so easy to use. The structure is intuitive and it is easy for my clients to use as well. There are lots of features that allow me to host my event the way I want to - I can set it and forget it! Love the updates that come to my inbox and the ease of refunds and the customer support is AMAZING!

Cons

I love it all. There is nothing that I do not like about this software platform. I would love one spot to download reports in easy PDF format for my accountant :)

As an event planner, I am looking for ease of use for myself and my clients - Picatic does it all!

Pros

- Ease of use for setting up events - Donation options for fundraisers - Quick and easy to set up your account initially - Reports available to event organizers - Being able to mass email attendees - Comp tickets easily setup and distributed - The Picatic app for checking in patrons - Quick and friendly customer support - Up to date on trends and technology - Choice to pay or pass on the ticketing fee

Cons

I have yet to find a Con with Picatic. I have been pleased with my experience on the multiple events that I have setup.

The Picatic interface is very easy to use and we have always had great customer service.

Pros

I love how easy it is to manage our events through the website. We can gather all the information we need through the surveys and the Picatic collects everything into useful reports that we can download and save. This cuts down on the need to go back and forth by email with registrants.

Cons

In the past we have had some trouble with cutoff times between early-bird and regular ticket sales, but the Picatic team was very responsive and have made changes to address this. We found this aspect easier to navigate with recent events.

A classic site for ticketing.

The features are ample for a good ticketing site, and the customer service is really good.

Pros

It is easy to use this system. It is great it has different features available. A big pro is that Picatic is always innovating new features for a better customer experience.

Cons

The price has increased significantly over the past few years. This has been a challenge for our nonprofit organization that does not make as much money as a hospital foundation or foodbank so it is posing a challenge that could eventually direct us elsewhere.

Great Canadian Product for Events

It is awesome that a Canadian company has come up with a way to give events a free service. Setting up tickets & the ticket website was very easy. One does not need to know any coding language making this a very appealing system to volunteer/charitable groups. If you are in need of a simple system, this is an event ticket system for you. I would highly recommend it to volunteer/charitable groups running...

Cons

Was able to upload information quickly.

Pros

Takes credit card payments and easy to edit. Can pay for multiple "tickets" at one time. For the most part was user-friendly for the attendees when registering, although a few did have difficulties with payment.

Cons

Not as user-friendly as I hoped. Had to contact CS frequently because the process to make things active was not super self-explanatory. Event attendees did get confused as to if they had to bring their "tickets" to the event.

Easy to use platform, visually pleasing, more functionality than other ticketing sites

Pros

Easy to use, easy to integrate onto website; good flexibility in design; customer service team is quick to help

Cons

Some limitations in the functionality, but Picatic may already be working to remedy these - front of mind is that with promo codes, we can't limit the number of tickets that can be purchased with that code, we can only limit the number of tickets that can be purchased per ticket type... would like more flexibility with codes and ticket types. I'd also like to be able to view full lists, which promo code was applied, and reorder the lists online rather than having to download each time.

Great design and functionality for event management

Pros

I loved the easy interface and access to important information about the event and attendees. It took a few minutes to set up the event and start selling tickets. The layout looked great as well! Being able to link between our site and the event page was also very useful.

Cons

We had a few issues with attendees unable to process payment for tickets, that may have been on the bank's side but still made selling tickets a bit more complicated. Support replied to requests in a timely fashion to help us deal with any issues though.

Always dependable and easy to set up.

Ease of use and ability to track events and budget.

Pros

The ability to track attendance and payments and to download lists for use at events. Ability to create and upload our invitations

Cons

Hard to understand what was collected and then paid to us -v-s what comes from stripe. Would like to see the difference between what was stated to be the final amount to pay out and what goes to stripe to pay out.

A good ticket system that will be excellent with time

Go implementation for WordPress and one off events.

Pros

Integration into other website is good. Prefer the look and feel a lot more than Eventbrite. Also, it feels a lot more white label in its design.

Cons

Lack of customisation is very limiting. Colours, labels, buttons, etc. They really have room to improve in customisaton. Also, I find it very annoying that they don't have support 24/7/365

Utilizing Picatic as a non-event service

Robbie has been great in working with me to use the service for our business card ordering model. Overall it is great. Sometimes it gets confusing when you update things and without knowing, I have to figure out how to find the things I am looking for. Entrance list for example keeps getting re-organized so I have to search around to figure out where it is located etc. Would like to see a way to...

Cons

I absolutely love picatic. I've been using them for a few years and have absolutely no issues.

Pros

Their customer support is amazing. They are quick to respond and the software is easy to use for both the creator and purchaser. Thank you!

Cons

There are no cons. It's very informative and easy to use. The system is very clear and concise. The money gets transferred on time and I cannot say enough good things about the customer support.

I've used Picatic for Innovation Island's event registration platform for years.

Pros

I mostly like how user-friendly this software is. It is so simple to build a registration page for events. I also like the mobile app for registrations.

Cons

Hard to say...I think mobile capability could be improved. I remember not being able to add walk-in registrants to the mobile platform the last time I used the app for an event.

An excellent product for simple events.

Pros

Very easy to use and set-up. Visually attractive and delegates found it easy to navigate to make bookings

Cons

No option to provide partial refunds through Picatic in the case of a cancellation fee being deducted. A place is not reserved until the purchase is complete. This caused us problems with a fast-selling event in that delegates had the ticket but by the time they completed checkout, the ticket had gone to someone else who could type faster.