Pike13

A cloud-based client management and scheduling solution

visit website

Pike13 Reviews - Page 2

Good product. Great support team.

Pros

It allows our franchisees to schedule classes, take attendance in classes, accept payments, view data that helps them run their business, and perhaps most of all, their support team is very fast, helpful, and nice when when we have issues that require their help.

Cons

As others have mentioned, reporting can be a bit slow at times. It would be nice if there were addtional payment methods as well.

Hi Derek, Thank you so much for the review and the feedback. We value our partnership with all of you! We will continue working to add features and improve our product. Thanks again! Cindy Manager, Customer Success

Good experience: some growing pains, but worth it

My company has been using Front Desk for about 9 months. We selected it over Mind Body and others because of its flexibility matched our business model, it is rock-simple to use for staff and clients, and the pricing model is aligned with how much the system is used. Those are the pros. The cons are as follows - It's a young company, and constantly adding features which has at times left things...

Cons

Beautiful, easy to use interface for staff

I got on board with Front Desk pretty early on in their development. It was beautiful from the start and only gets better, day by day. The customer support team is such a joy to work with. They are so quick to help! I feel they have a genuine investment in my business as well as I do in theirs. Thanks, Front Desk, for helping my new, small business get off the ground and making us look so professional along the way :)

Pros

- Amazing support team - Beautiful, easy to use interface for staff - Even more beautiful and easier to use interface for clients - Beautiful website that can easily be woven into regular website (if you need proof, check out AerialCLT.com)

Cons

- That they are too far away from NC so I can't have the whole team over for dinner to say thanks for all their great work! (I hope this review is not too cheesy, negating the fact that Front Desk is truly a wonderful addition to any business!)

Software is Stagnant - No significant improvements in over a year

Pros

It has good uptime. It doesn't charge per-user or per-staff. That is a pleasant difference. Not much else.

Cons

Super slow. Reporting functionality is lousy. Doesn't integrate with other services, particularly Zapier. Waivers generated are flawed and have cost me hundreds of dollars in lost revenue.

Hi David, I am sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with our software. We appreciate your feedback and honesty. Your account manager reached out to you shortly after the review was left. I hope you have had a chance to connect with him and discuss things. Thank you, Cindy Schneider Manager, Customer Success

Front desk allows me to have my office anywhere!

Pros: Allows me to run my business where ever the job takes me - trailheads, cliffs, mountains, traveling to and from, and Friday night parties . I can schedule clients, schedule guides, create new programs, run payroll, run detailed reporting, as well as other needs. Cons: There's not many, but if I were to make a wish list- Have waivers expire after a program time so clients can re-sign when needed Have a way for minors to sign The waiver as well as their guardians Have a way to track locations within the notes or other method staff can add after the program has run The integration I heard about with Zen payroll A way to select clients out of the list and send a special email- from the front desk software A way to store PDF documents to each profile

Cons

Hey Marty thanks for the review! Love hearing that Front Desk lets you keep your social life while still running your business like a pro :)

Night mare

One of the worst experience of my life, I would never recommend anyone to waste their time. It's completely ways of time.

Pros

If you have any question you have to wait days to receive auto reply. Very old and complicated system.

Cons

Very complicated

Hi Sam, Thank you for taking time to review Front Desk. We're sorry you feel the way you do. Our Customer Care team has spent a considerable amount of time supporting your business and have been very responsive to your requests for help. Our goal is to empower you to run your business through Front Desk and we're always happy to coach you through things. Please email us at support@frontdeskhq.com and someone on our Customer Care team will assist you. Best, Kris and the Front Desk team

Very Disappointed in Front Desk

The product Front Desk had its problems and limitation but as a start-up business I had planned to use them and felt as I progressed, so would they. While they have a trial period like most, it was obvious that I was putting in a lot of time creating my site. Never having done something like this before I knew that the staff support would be a huge contributor to my success. Things started out great...

Cons

Hi there, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with our trial version. We pride ourselves in providing an intuitive, simple product backed up with a helpful and courteous support team. When you become a Front Desk customer, you will be paired with a New Client Consultant for training, as well as a Customer Success Manager to help you set your business up on Front Desk. Again, our sincere apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused. If you'll let us, we'd love to help rectify the situation and see if you'd be a good fit for the product. Please contact support@frontdeskhq.com. Thank you.

This is it.

Pros

As a freelancer, there's not many things that come close to managing my clientele. Pike13 is everything you need to make the next step in launching a successful freelance career.

Cons

I think the name actually doesn't help translate over to potential consumers that this is something for them.

Hello, Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a review and feedback on our name. We do appreciate it. Thank you, Cindy Schneider Manager, Customer Success

LOVE FRONTDESKHQ!

I had Mind/Body in the past and switch after poor service from them, My web designer suggested Frontdeskhq and I am so glad he did. I have contacted customer service many times (sorry) but have always felt like they truly wanted to help me, even if they didn't have the function I wanted, they made sure to tell me how to use what I had the best way. Its half the price of mind/body and twice as good! I feel like Frontdeskhq is a partner in my company not a software program I pay to use. They want me to succeed as much as I do. My company is www.thepolebarnstudio.com feel free to check it out.

Pros

The many applications available to quickly promote on Social Media and the many options to customize my page.

Cons

They are a newer company so not everything is in place, but they are working on it and take all suggestions seriously.

Not Happy With This Solution

This solution is not well suited for our music instruction business. While it does assist with the financial transactions through our gateway, it relies way too heavily on using strictly a digital model Major usability issues: Reporting engine is a bit cumbersome to use and often requires what would seem to be extra clicks to get at information. Online scheduling does not accomodate any offline/hard copy alternative for a work schedule; so when system is down or internet connectivy an issue, there is no practical way of seeing the schedule. Managing lessons is a bit of challenge when compared to a previous spreadsheet solution. Some challenges in the behind the scenes workflows that don't align with how we do business, and they are slow to fix/resolve requests.

Cons

Thank you for your review. User feedback is invaluable to us. As a mobile-first software, Front Desk is built so that you can manage your whole business from the palm of your hand. However, you can quickly print rosters and class schedules so that you always have a hard copy in front of you (Just navigate to File > Print in your browser to see it in action). And with a 99.99% uptime rate that means Front Desk is working nearly all the time, so software crashing will not be a blocker to your business. Regarding Reporting, we hear you. Behind the scenes, we¿ve been working on new reporting systems to help you get the numbers you want as quickly as possible¿so stay tuned.

Customer support is unsurpassed and the training I have been offered is beyond helpful!

Pros

The multitude of options to track our business and follow our franchisee's individual business so that we may carefully monitor them.

Cons

The same multitude of options can be overwhelming but STILL in a great way! The more I play around with the different functions, the more I learn!

Hi Laura, Thank you so much for your feedback and review. We are happy to help you and your business owners! Thank you, Cindy Schneider Manager, Customer Success

Overpromised and underdelivered, limited functionality

Pros

Pleasant sales and onboarding team. Nice branding. Nice team who clearly want to make good things happen.

Cons

It is unfortunate that the Pike 13 team overpromised and underdelivered. The software did not do what we were told it would do, after 'paying' and spending hours on set up... no refund was offered. This is not a very scalable solution and has very limited functionality. The main issue was the payment processing module and having to shoehorn our existing systems to fit the restrictive ways the software operates

Streamlining A Growing Box

We started using Front Desk in October 2013 and have seen improvements in both how the box is managed and how the clients interact with their memberships. It made daily processes such as new client intake or adjusting current memberships much easier. Also, tracking clients in every class and having the opportunity to follow up with them all within one program has been amazing for communication. While...

AMAZING!!!

I have worked with similar programs in the past and NOTHING compares!! Our clients love it, we find it extremely easy to use, and the Front Desk staff is so kind and helpful :)) would recommend Front Desk to everyone!!

Pros

Everything

Cons

None

Hi Macy, Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience using Front Desk. We're glad you're having a great experience so far. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if there is anything we can do to help. Best, Kris and the Front Desk team

Great software for fitness industry

So far so good!!! Anytime I need help I send in a question and get a great response promptly. Learning the ins and outs have been pretty easy though.

Cons

Hi Christin, Thanks for your review! I'm so glad to hear that you've been happy with Front Desk. We appreciate that you chose to give us a try! Our support team is here to help you as much as you need. Don't hesitate to continue reaching out with any questions you have. Sincerely, Katie and the Front Desk Team

Front Desk is a cool tool!

Pros

Front Desk is a really cool, new tool! We have used this product for just a little while, and its been really great. Great way to communicate with the team!

Cons

Overall the product is fairly easy. However, in the beginning it was a little tricky to get used to. I would say the only con, would be not the easiest to use. But you will get used to it!!

Tried it and walked away

The set up rep we were assigned seemed a bit frustrated with us at times as we educated him on our business and our needs and had to tell us they did not have what we needed for some aspects - we spent lots of time attempting to set it up but it was a waste.

Pros

Pike 13 claimed it had everything we needed when I originally described our company's goals to the sales rep. During the set up process, there were aspects that were the right fit - class creation and drop in sales - and our set up rep was working to understand the specifics of our needs.

Cons

The scheduling component only went for one year at which point you would have to recreate all events - we have many that will continue forever (potentially) and the hours it would take to rebuild annually was not worth it. Also, they could not figure out how we could offer some events in an easy to enroll format.

Hi Sarah, Thank you for taking the time to review Pike13. We appreciate the feedback and candor. We value our customers and I am sorry to hear about your experience with our team. Our schedule is never ending, but we only show one year.There is no need to recreate your schedule; events and the roster will continue to be built a year out. Thank you, Cindy Schneider Director of Customer Success

Front Desk HQ = Great Web-Based Software

We've used Front Desk HQ at our facilities for approximately 5 months. The mobile application and web-based platform make for an extremely useful product. It has improved our membership management efficiency from billing to scheduling and reporting. The ability to pull and modify our program and member information from any location on the go is a great tool! The best part of the software is their responsiveness and customer service. They constantly strive to improve their product and improve the user experience. I would recommend it to any company looking to improve their processes.

Pros

Customer Service, Mobile application, Ease of use

Cons

Reporting functionality (though it is being upgraded soon)

A great business management program for my studio

I use Front Desk to run the payment processing, client management and session scheduling for my small personal training studio. Though I would love a feature or two that aren't yet available, the program is really excellent in its simplicity of setup and the intuitive nature of how to use it. Also, the Front Desk team regularly is rolling out new features so, in time, I'm sure they'll have an even stronger offering. After trying'and becoming VERY frustrated with'another program put out by a competing company, I'm a very satisfied Front Desk customer on all fronts!

Cons

Hi, thanks so much for your review! Glad to hear that everything is going well¿simple and intuitive are our bread and butter :)

You are paying to beta test their horrible software

Frontdesk looks sleek and their marketing and sales team do a hell of a job getting you on board. Where Frontdesk fails is in nearly every aspect afterwards. Their reporting functionality to access your data in an easy-to-read format is a joke and extremely buggy. The frontdesk platform will spam your clients with alerts on a near constant basis THAT YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER. Furthermore their customer...

Cons

Hi Oscar, Thanks for the feedback. We're sorry you've had a bad experience using Front Desk and we would like to see if there is anything we can do to make things better. I reviewed your recent correspondence history with us and I'm having difficulty finding any open issues that you reported. We'll reach out to you directly to see if there is anything we can do to help. Sincerely, Kris Knowles Manager of Customer Support

Front Desk review from Chemical City CrossFit

Front desk is easy to set-up and get things started. It runs on many platforms, allowing it to be accessible nearly 24x7. It is vital to running our business. The weakest link for us so far is being able to enter quantities on merchandise purchases. For example, we sell FitAid at our gym. Rather than charge for each purchase we tally all the purchases for a month (e.g. 8) and then charge the client at the end of the month. In Front Desk we have to duplicate the purchase of a single can of FitAid 8 times.

Cons

Rich, thanks for your kind words. Sorry to hear about your troubles with inventory¿we're hoping to make that area of the product more robust soon!

Not user friendly on the management side. Then we got sold to transnational merch. Horrible!

Not capturing $ before clients are let into sight! I have over 100 members but only 30 paying! I am working on this product daily....too much time

Pros

nothing

Cons

not user friendly. no audit on account to see if you set up right. we needed merch services and were sold to transnational, who sold to data plus AND transnational and data plus want that $185. compliance fee....

Hi Kellie, Thank you for your review. We take feedback very seriously, and we're sorry that you are having trouble. I understand that you¿ve already been working with Kris to help resolve some of your issues, and we'd like to continue working with you to meet your business needs. Please feel free to call us or email us at support@frontdeskhq.com, and our support team would be happy to help. Again, we're sorry that your experience has not met your expectations. Sincerely, The Front Desk Team

Easy to Navigate - slight bugs

Pros

Signing in is seamless and it's easy to book classes. The software is mobile friendly and the calendar view is easy to look at.

Cons

It's not usable with privates or custom lessons, only the template classes.

Hello, Thank you very much for taking the time to review our software. We appreciate the feedback. Please reach out to help@pike13.com to discuss appointment service setup for your private lessons. This is a functionality of our software. Thank you, Cindy Schneider Director of Customer Success

Outstanding Job Front Desk HQ

Overall impression of the product is excellent. - Customer service is the best. Follow ups and contact are frequent, program updates are regular, and I have been personally contacted multiple times as a business owner. - Lay out is simple and easy to navigate - Payment plans are inexpensive for the services you get - Frequent webinars and tutorials to help you improve your business using FD software - So simple, even a caveman can use it ;) - If you are a gym owner or personal trainer, I would get on it

Cons

Thank you for the great review, Kris! Glad to hear you're happy with Front Desk.

I've used them all and I haven't looked since using Front Desk

I'm an independent trainer seeing about 18-25 clients a week at a shared studio and I've tried several platforms and since I switched to FD over a year ago, I have not looked back. Extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate. Love the client notifications/reminders, and integration with MailChimp and the access to a merchant account. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Cons

Hi Sirena! Thank you so much for your great review. We're glad to hear that you're happy with Front Desk and love to be able to work with awesome clients like you.