Purplepass Ticketing Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.69/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

I've been working with Purplepass for a few months now, and they are by far the best ticket company to partner with: their customer support is outstanding.
I love how easy it is to use and how helpful the staff is when I have have a question or need to find a solution.
Best and very reliable solution for ticketing. Easy to set up and very good integration.
Some of the features are a bit confusing to get a handle on.
Event day promotional ticket sales on tablet can be confusing.

Michael T.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Automate what you can.

Purplepass helps me get back to teaching instead of booking appointments for our student Massage clinics.

Pros

The software frees me up from busy work so I can focus on the important details of the event.

Cons

I would love purple pass to have feature that make it able to better book appointments and not just events.

Michael, Thanks for taking the time to leave your great feedback! We agree that although Purplepass works great for booking appointments for course registration or as in your case, booking massages with therapy students, it could always be made a little more straight forward. In your case, it's a bit unique as it's booking massages with students. We do have plans to further expand that side of the service to make it a bit more turn-key for unique applications like this. As usual, should you have any questions or need any help with the setup and management of your bookings, we are always here to help! Thanks Michael! - Purplepass Team

BN

Brittany N.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Purple Pass

Pros

The customer service has been so great! I like the fact that I have been able to talk to the same rep every time and call them directly. It makes for such an easier time to problem solve for get all of my questions answered.

Cons

I wish I would be able to pull more detailed reports for the clients. Especially from a marketing standpoint, I noticed a lot of people view the website from purple pass the most. Especially over facebook, instagram, and client advertisements. If I were able to pull the report that is shown on purple pass I would be able to upset the marketing packages you offer to our clients.

Hi Brittany, Thanks for the wonderful feedback! We wanted to respond to your comment about reporting. You can access your marketing analysis data by going to Stats page and viewing the "Marketing" and "Social Marketing" tabs. These show detailed breakdowns of all of your tracking IDs, referring pages (How people found you), and full sales data such as orders, tickets sold, revenue, and even how many refunds there were by marketing source. You can also run a marketing report by going to Tools -> Custom Reporting. This includes all of the data you are looking for. If you need any assistance with this, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone (800-316-8559), by email (support@purplepass.com), or by the live chat on your account after you login.

CB

Cantürk B.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Experiences.

It creates new connects and links groups.

Pros

Purplepass Ticketing is cheap and useful with new tools i suggest this.

Cons

Some tool of Purplepass Ticketing is broke.

Hi Canturk! We tried finding your Purplepass account to reach out to you directly but we could not find any account matching your information. Also, some of your comments seem to not pertain to Purplepass such as "it creates new connects and links groups". Are you an event organizer or venue using the Purplepass ticketing platform (www.Purplepass.com)? Perhaps this was a mistaken review. If you are a Purplepass client, then please give us a call at 800-316-8559 opt. 3 any time so we can help with any questions or issues you may be experiencing.

SG

Stephen G.

Stephens Purplepass Review

We're achieving sellouts at rapid rates as we're able to get events to the marketplace sooner!

Pros

Since I started using Purplepass, Ive seen growth in My Sales, the upgrades along the way have come along at the right times!

Cons

I don't have anything to complain about!

JK

Jennifer K.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Great for Small Organizations

Pros

Very user friendly, easy for anyone to scan tickets and there is less hassle with ticket taking

Cons

The app is still very basic, but I know it will get better with newer updates

Hi Jennifer, Thanks for your feedback. I wanted to respond about the common about the app still being very basic. Perhaps you are using an older version. Our latest Purplepass Pro is extremely robust allowing full ticket scanning and POS services. For ticket scanning, it allows offline operation, pro-gear attachments via Linea Pros, manual lookup, group checkin, filtered scanning, continuous...

LC

Linda C.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

We are so glad to have found Purplepass Ticketing!

We were overall very pleased with our experience and will continue to use and recommend them.

Pros

Flexible and super easy to set up the event, edit details as necessary, create discount codes, print beautifuly color tickets. Customer service is friendly and reliable; I did not receive a single complaint from any of the ticket-buyers!!! And the company even offers the option of phone support for some elderly customers who are not tech-savvy. Also quick payouts with digital checks.

Cons

We are using the beta version of the software and are able to try all the new offerings as they are released- but there have been occasional glitches. Our PurplePass rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been incredibly responsive, figuring out solutions and sharing our issues with the development team. Honestly, no complaints.

TP

Tony P.

Sports, 11-50 employees

PurplePass

PurplePass Ticketing has helped in taking my company from what I would consider my "dark ages" when I was comfortable with physical face to face deliverables to online sales of which I was super skeptical about. My company has grown leaps and bounds by taking advantage of the tools & guidance PurplePass has given us. I don't know how I would manage my business without them!

Pros

The "user friendly" aspect was and is a game changer for us.

Cons

I do not have any cons as of now as everything has either met or overdelivered in our expectations.

ML

Matt L.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Purplepass works great every time!

Works great for me and my company, so it’s my go too ticketing site.

Pros

It’s easy to use, easy to set up and everything works well.

Cons

The only thing I have trouble with is to fit my flyer design to the background, if it could adjust to the size uploaded that would be easier.

RH

Robin H.

Music, 51-200 employees

Best ticketing software ever! Great company!

From the day I was contacted as a possible customer, and they had to call me back in six months to make it happen, it has been exceptional. Great customer service in every possible way. Best experience I've ever had in my thirteen years of doing this job.

Pros

Super easy to learn and use. Lots of flexibility. Allows for moving of tickets to other dates easily.

Cons

As users, reserving seats for ourselves could have been better explained. The tutorials need a bit of updating, but overall, great program. Finding specific answers was a tiny bit of a problem, mostly knowing where to look, but the staff answered promptly and was always able to help.

PH

Pete H.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Professional and Organized

Purplepass was a great tool for the event, especially since the promoter had never sold tickets online for this community based event but the option of purchasing via Purplepass saved a lot of time from driving around town and opened up opportunities for clients further away (and some out of town) to secure locations before arriving for the event.

Pros

The convenience and professionalism that met users online was excellent. It made purchasing tickets easy and for an event that offered hard tickets, was a great tool in the event a customer could not meet the promoter in person for a purchase. The website looked great and the seating chart they made according to our map was a great feature.

Cons

From my limited time using Purplepass I have not run into any snags. In fact there are other features that is offered that I plan to implement for future events.

JK

Julia K.

Purplepass has been awesome and had enhanced our event to be alot more effecient!

Pros

The scanners were easy to use. Since most our staff have personal iphones it was easy to use. The reporting tools is awesome because it shows a breakdown of the sales and fees which is easy to read. I like there is an option to do a seating chart and assigned seating. Also being able to make our event personalized on purplepass.

Cons

The app felt limited. If we wanted to scan we could only be on the "scanning mode", if we had a walk-in attendee that needed to purchase a ticket we had to remember to change modes. I didnt like the fact that I could not see a list of all attendees admitted. Not being able to add notes on ticket holders so staff that are scanning attendees into the event are alerted when someone has a notation on their ticket

Hi Julia, Thanks for the great feedback! Happy to hear you enjoyed our service! I wanted to respond to your concerns regarding the app. Yes, you can scan and sell tickets on the same device but it does require you to change switch between Scan Mode and Sell Mode. The reason is when the device is in Scan mode, everything is focused around high-speed scanning. We recommend using our scanners...

AB

Andrew B.

the best, most consistent customer service and responsiveness of any business I've ever dealt with

I am co-founder of an event-related business launching in Feb 2017. We put on events across North America, with 40+ events planned for our launch, and growing. My business partner had been using Purplepass for years. Her opinion was that Purplepass offered the best dependability and customer service of any ticketing solution, and should be the first choice for our new venture. I had suggested possibly...

Cons

Thank you Andrew for your kind feedback. We are delighted that we've been able to help you streamline and automate Veg Speed Dating.

MS

Mike S.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Purple Pass is a Great Fit for Basic Event Ticketing!

We've been using Purple Pass since 2019 across 6 different events, and we fully intend to keep using them for our events in the future. Ticketing software is as varied as the wide array of ticketing needs out there, but for what we use Purple Pass for, it does the job perfectly. We love the customizable "look and feel" for the purchasers' end, and all of the "back-end" options for the sellers. For...

Pros

Ease of use, customization, reporting. All of these are excellent with Purple Pass.

Cons

I have other software that does this other stuff, so it's not a big deal, but Purple Pass doesn't have options to do things like add specific classes per ticket and such, and to log in and adjust your options after the fact. It doesn't claim to go "that deep" into it though. It's great for what it claims to do.

KD

Kevin D.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Great ticketing software

Overall, we love the Purplepass ticketing box office. We researched a LOT of other online ticketing platforms for our school theater and this one had the best rates, and as we came to find out, the absolute best customer service. I cannot recommend this software enough to use for your school theater ticketing!

Pros

The box office is very easy to use. We were able to train new people how to use it for a show in under 15 minutes. The customer service is absolutely excellent. They respond very quickly to any questions or issues.

Cons

I found the "promoter site" portion of the software to be very convoluted and confusing. It's not at all easy or intuitive to try to follow or to find things. I was always having to email my customer support rep to ask where to find things or how to do things. This part of the site needs to be streamlined and made about 100% easier to use. I'm good at following "how to" steps, but again always had to email my rep for him to send me the screen shots of the "how to's"....could not even find that myself on the site. I can't say enough about how bad the promoter site portion is, and how they need to fix this.

Kevin, Thank you for your wonderful review. We appreciate the candid feedback and we 100% agree with you on your comments. We are already knee deep in an updated management interface that has taken feedback from countless clients. When released, it should help address all of your concerns. We are always here for you if you need anything!

BB

Brian B.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Very User Friendly ticketing platform

Pros

Great behind the scenes support staff that is very quick to respond. Includes all the features needed to run a successful mid sized event

Cons

I do not have any issues or complaints with the Purplepass platform

JS

James S.

Used other for 1-2 years

Very easy to use. Excellent customer service too!

Ease of use. Multiple options conducive to our event needs. Fast check-in for attendees. And excellent customer service.

Pros

We've worked with three other ticketing vendors in the past six years, and Purple Pass is by far the best. For starters, their customer service level is amazing. They get back to you promptly, are super friendly, and work to resolve everything quickly. Their event setups are pretty detailed and customizable, and they will work with you to fine-tune things further per your event needs. Their check-in kiosks and POS check-in hand-helds are super easy to use at the gate or Registration. Events integrate great with our Word Press site and they work to customize things further if need be. Overall, just a fantastic experience.

Cons

We were very satisfied to know we were the only ticketing company you've ever worked with that was able to automatically calculate domestic and international shipping costs for the merchandise you shipped to your customers. Next year, make sure to put aside a few minutes during the event to say hi. We were sad we weren't able to find you at the event this year :( Thanks for being part of the Purplepass family!

JH

James H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Great

Pros

Ease of use and consistent updates of its features

Cons

Not the easiest when trying to determine your event's stats.

Hi James, Thanks for your feedback. For graphical stats and analytics, we suggest clicking the "Stats" button next to your event on the My Events page. This will show over a dozen graphical stats ranging from sales numbers, marketing performance, social media engagement, where tickets were sold (online, box office, phone, etc), your attendance info and even geographical heat map showing where...

DS

Daniel S.

Entertainment, 201-500 employees

Cloud Based Platform, But Anything New to Offer?

Simple setup, but no significantly different features.

Pros

If you've sold tickets to any large size gathering, you know what a pain it can be to manage changes and information not eh day of the actual event. Purple pass appears to be able to handle this well with a cloud-based environment that can sync all users instantly. It also has a relatively simple setup.

Cons

As a trial user, I can't say anything about using this software on a large scale. It appears that it would be useful, but honestly I'm just not willing to risk switching without a truly compelling reason. I did not see any such reason during setup, so I'll stick with my usual software.

HI Daniel! Thanks for your review - We greatly appreciate it. Purplepass is an exceptionally robust ticketing solution. Although our service works well for event organizers hosting events that do not necessarily need the advanced functionality we offer, I do agree that we really excel for the more complex events. Nevertheless, we've rarely come across a client that was not able to greatly...

RD

Regina D.

Fine Art, self-employed

Purplepass Ticketing review

Making it easier for my use as well as our ticket purchasers. The product we used in the past caused many problems. Since starting with purplepass we have no problems or complaints. I will continue to use them.

Pros

It was so easy to use, set up and edit. Our customers told us they found it easy to purchase tickets. I found it was easy to reassign seats if the customer made a mistake and refunding was simple. The customer service is outstanding. easy to talk to, easy to reach by phone or email. Knowledgeable staff and friendly, extremely helpful from day one. Our other schools are now signing up for their shows.

Cons

I honestly could not find one thing I do not like.

LC

Laura C.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Easy ticketing option

I am overall very satisfied with the product and the customer support.

Pros

I like that I can reserve or block seats from home and I can switch tickets easily and contact ticket buyers.

Cons

I can’t think of anything I don’t like about the software.

MB

Michael B.

Entertainment, self-employed

I only use Purplepass for my events

I've been using Purplepass for about 4 years now and love it. I would recommend them to anyone who's having an event.

Pros

Very easy to use, and the fees on tickets for buyers is very low.

Cons

I pretty much like everything, very easy to navigate.

PP

Patte P.

Music, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Why I use Purplepass

Excellent! I recommend it all the time!

Pros

I love it! Makes it easy for me to build a page and do my ticketing. I love that I can get a notice everytime I sell a ticket. It's like Christmas! I also like working with the rep and others who were so helpful in getting a seating chart on line for me, so I could sell individual seats. I also like being able to get my money via PayPal instead of having to wait until two days after the events. It really helps my cash flow.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches but the rep and others get them fixed.

RW

Rui W.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Greatest Ticketing Software For Mid Size Sports Event EVER!

Great in reducing service fee that PalPal charged on us.

Pros

Great customer support and easy navigation portal. The help from PurplePass for you is there 24/7, always answer my call and emails.

Cons

The finance report is not detailed enough. (Maybe it's just me not knowing how to correctly use is)

Rui, Thanks for the glowing review! It was a pleasure working with you. We will reach out to you directly to assist with the reporting. The financial report by default is relatively simple but there are a ton of options to generate a more robust and highly detailed financial audit report. We just don't always default straight to max-awesome as for many it could be information overload. We will reach out to walk you through the reporting so you can generate the exact report you need. Thanks and looking forward to 2020!

CB

Christa B.

Working with this company has been great. The customer service is fantastic.

Pros

I love the box office setting. It makes it very easy to sell tickets at the door in a timely fashion. Also, the customer service is unmatched. They answer emails quickly and resolve any issues in a timely fashion. They are willing to work around our time, even though we are three hours ahead in a different time zone.

Cons

I think customers have a hard time finding events. I get calls constantly that patrons cannot find the ticket sales online via the purplepass website.

Hi Christa, thanks for your great feedback! We are so happy you've decided to try out the box office and it worked so well for you. As usual, we are always happy to help and we look forward to working with you for years to come as you continue to grow!

SC

Sandra C.

Events Services, 201-500 employees

Features made for unique situations!

Very good! The staff has continued to work to better our relationship and customize their product to fit our unique situation.

Pros

The convenience and design capabilities are great to work with for events.

Cons

I wish the set-up side was a little more user friendly.