Redtail CRM Logo

Web-based CRM for financial professionals

Redtail CRM Reviews - Page 3

Daniel G.

Easy to Use

Easy of use and cross-platform capabilities.

Pros

This software is easy to use and it is also easy to train new team members on how to use it. Also the mobile app makes being offsite much easier.

Cons

Some of the functions are a bit basic. Most of them have to do with searching inside of the database.

Aman Preet S.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Pros and cons of Redtail CRM

If one wants to manage their workflow and have a nice and professional looking reporting then they can surely go with Redtail CRM and for content management stuff they can go for other alternatives.

Pros

The most critical features for us as a team was to handle the workflow management as well as reports and analytics of our financial data along with that Redtail CRM is affordable in long term

Cons

Content management and alerts and notification services of Redtail CRM is the one which they need to work on as for our perspective they are not up to the mark.

DG

Dan G.

Redtail Rules!

We have been using Redtail for almost five years now and it has really improved our functionality and minimizes errors. We have processes in place and Redtail allows for tracking to enhance customer service and minimize redundancy.

Pros

Ease of use. Simple to train others to use

Cons

To fully utilize some features take a bit of work

JB

Jennifer B.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Redtail CRM has been a love/hate relationship but we are still using it!

The system is a great value and isn't too heavy on functions we don't need like Salesforce.

Pros

Great customer service and support! Really awesome team that listens to feedbacks and makes changes and updates accordingly. I've voted on many ideas that have been added to Redtail so I feel valued as a customer and know the company is working to stay in front of client needs.

Cons

The software clones the home address and phone number to the spouse when entering contacts. However when using search functions, the spouse does not technically have information entered for their address or home phone number so searches do not include them. I think it is redundant to enter the information twice. They are working on the ability to use a spreadsheet to upload information by the user. Currently a spreadsheet can be emailed and their team will upload within 24 or 48 hours but our office does not have time for such.

SF

Seth F.

Great CRM for business.

Pros

Very robust for tracking clients. Can use it to track almost anything I want. Calendar is also very easy to use

Cons

Wish it did a little better on the life insurance side. Better integration with outlook would be nice

CM

Chris M.

Redtail Is great

A CRM tool to house all client information and appointments.

Pros

Redtail's ease of use. It is a great software and is easy to learn.

Cons

Lack of certain integrations, especially with Outlook.

JV

Jen V.

Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees

We love RedTail CRM

Fantastic! Highly Recommend!!!

Pros

This software allows us to track all of our customer information. It quickly and easily allows our office staff to get customer information on the fly. Love that it is web based and SO easy to use!

Cons

Some of the functionality is not pertinent to us and it would be helpful if we could turn off or hide some fields.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Seems to do everything we need it to do so far

Pros

Their customer service is definitely the best feature. Very helpful! A close second is the workflows and how to implement those into our practice.

Cons

I don't like the lack of customization options within the different dashboards and views. I find that clunky and difficult to get used to.

LB

Lance B.

CRM Software

Redtail is becoming widely used in my workplace and is helpful for a growing business.

Pros

Redtail helps integrate all aspects of my business. The client contact, marketing, and prospecting parts of my business.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve. Hard to learn all that it can do in a short period of time

CD

Chris D.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Not a bad CRM, but I ultimately took my business elsewhere

Overall, I was displeased enough with the software that within 6 months of joining Redtail I lobbied hard enough for the firm to switch to Wealthbox and spent nights and weekends figuring out the software and spearheading the move as I was very frustrated in the lack of customizations and user interface.

Pros

Redtail is a good software and has a lot of functionality for contact management (assets, liabilities, notes, etc.) I do like that Redtail is more encompassing than many other CRMs (ex outlook) that can track way more customizable information.

Cons

There was very little customization that made navigating the software difficult. Also i found the contact management interface difficult. In addition, tech support had very long wait times and ultimately required a bunch of email back and forth which is not helpful when your issue is complicated.

LA

Lisa A.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

All your client info in one place

Overall, I love it. It makes managing client relationships way smoother and efficient.

Pros

I love how many integrations Redtail has with other websites & applications (such as Clientworks). I also love the filtering system for getting a list of specific types of contacts in the system. The exports to csv files are also very easy to use.

Cons

The filtering system, in my opinion, could be more simplified so that it doesn't look like a classic coding input- maybe a drop down check-box method would ease the filtering process for contacts. Also, being able to edit the Notes for a contact would be great. If revisions are against some type of compliance/regulatory rule, then having a revision history there but still be able to edit a note would be great.

DN

Derek N.

Redtail for RIAs

I am using Redtail as my firm CRM to track all client data.

Pros

Redtail is a simple yet powerful CRM tool that made it easy for me to manage my clients.

Cons

Nothing, it is a great product that is intuitive.

Great Customizable Calendar

Pros

I love the customizable calendar where you can choose different colors for different kind of appointments/meetings. Also how you can automate meeting that happen at a certain time and day repeatedly.

Cons

It is challenging to figure out all the features that it holds, but it will just take time.

EH

Elena H.

Great Product for Organization

Organized client files, import of client info into other apps, information grouped to print only certain set of data you need to present to a client.

Pros

It keeps everything about a client and business partner organized and safe. There are plenty of options to use other apps with Redtail, such as LaserApp. This works great to import all client information easily into another app without having to type it all in over and over again. Another great feature is all the information topics you can add into one client. Everything in one spot!

Cons

It can be better organized to find certain features faster and easier. Being able to edit notes instead of delete and start over or just comment on them would be great.

LW

Louis W.

Poor customer service

Very poor customer service. Hire some more service techs over sales reps.

Pros

Its cheap but that comes with compromises!

Cons

Once again I needed technical advice and since I new I was going to be on hold FOREVER I thought I would let others now that the company puts very little emphases on customer service. Call the sales department--someone will be available very quickly; Call for customer service....Good luck! I am currently caller number 16 in line. I don't call very often, but when I do it is atrocious.

MS

Maree S.

RedTail is SOLID

Very positive, an excellent library of resources, specific to financial services

Pros

I like that it is cloud-based, easy to use, and functional for our office and client needs.

Cons

I wish it was able to have emailing capabilities.

JW

Jamie W.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Modern cloud-based CRM software that offers great features and is simple to learn and use.

A user friendly feature-rich easy to use CRM software

Pros

My company switched from GoldMine to Redtail and I was very hesitant to have to learn a whole new CRM. I was so surprised how simple Redtail was to learn and use. Although it has many sophisticated features more advanced users would want to delve into, the interface remains usable for those of us who are newbies to CRM software.

Cons

We did have some difficulty transferring our data from our old CRM to Redtail. All of the fields did not import correctly and we had to go in and manually enter data.

CC

Christopher C.

used for daily tasks and workflows between multiple users

Pros

super easy to use and the set up is amazing. very clean, neat, and organized. would recommend to anyone

Cons

It could maybe load a bit faster instead of needing to refresh pages once tasks are completed

YL

Yeshuwanth L.

Pros

This CRM allows us to produce reports that show when/where the client came in. This is an important process to understand how we should interact with clients to better serve them.

Cons

The workflow portion has not yet been to full use in our model. I would prefer a more Microsoft Project approach to this feature

Chadwick M.

Failure to keepUp

Decent however I will be leaving.

Pros

Robust, lots of options for maintaining information

Cons

The software has not kept up with technology, integrations or the ability to customize what so ever. This has been very disappointing and they are very slow to update and implement any changes.

Amber I.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Pros

It's a simple. Easy to use and navigate.

Cons

Certain features are not customizable. Other than that it's a good product for what you pay.

Alaina M.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Intuitive; wish there were better calendar reminders

We are able to track all meetings, notes, emails, deliverables, etc. for clients.

Pros

The CRM does it all for us with client information, tasks, and calendaring. It syncs with other technology apps.

Cons

As far as I know, there is no way to get reminders (a la Outlook) for appointments. I now need to constantly monitor my calendar.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Redtail was front line of FS CRM, but management apparently took revenue out of. Viking

Not positive overall. If I’d have any

Pros

It was tailored for FS Industry and was setup for to integrate with our back office of custodian.

Cons

How slow it is. Take it for a spin and wait for every screen

Ahmed A.

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

The most friendly CRM

My overall experience with redtail I love it, it let me and my team deal with new customers efficiently and no more time to set workflows and there's always record's for all processes and steps, documentation is secured and can be retrieved easily

Pros

Redtail provides special experiment with Customer Relationship Management solutions specially financial fields beside the ability to integrate with different apps ,Redtail provides me with organized documents Management

Cons

Redtail requires high internet connection speed and sometimes lagging but the customer support are always available which makes these issues easier

RW

Ronald W.

Average at best

It fulfills the requirement that I use a CRM application to manage my clients.

Pros

It integrates well with MoneyGuide Pro. I appreciate the ability to access each client's financial plan from within the RedTail application. This is a time saver!

Cons

It does not integrate well with my broker dealer's client information system. As a result, repetitive data entry is required which wastes staff time.