Revel Systems

The Best iPad Point-of-Sale System

Revel Systems Reviews - Page 2

Shopped around and finally found the best

As a franchise operation with 16 locations that have run 3 previous point-of-sale systems, I can confidently say Revel is the best. It isn't simply that their system is easy to learn, or that they have almost every capability that you can think of, but it's the fact that they keep making it better. Their software continues to change and evolve to fit my stores' needs. I've submitted several feature requests that have already been released in updates. When a franchisee has an issue, I can get a knowledgeable tech support agent on the line in minutes that can help resolve it quickly. We looked high and low for an enterprise solution that fit our model and I'm positive we made the right choice with Revel.

Pros

Easy to use front end with a robust, feature-packed browser-based back end that makes multi-unit support effortless.

Cons

It is a bit pricey compared to some other systems, but the quality and support you get is worth it in every way.

Hello Charley, Wow, thank you for the positive words! We're so glad that you are pleased with our product. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. Cheers, Sarah M., Community Manager at Revel Systems

confusing at first. much better now.

Pros

The analytics. Its great being able to look over past orders and watch trends

Cons

Tech support. The first year or so I spent a lot of time on the phone with tech support. Some of the problem was me just not understanding the system. Although a few of the problems were something I could not have known about. Tier 1 tech support was not helpful after a certain point. But it felt very difficult to get my problems looked at by someone with more knowledge. i was often told I would get...

Ben, thanks a lot for your review! We are working hard to expand our technical support team at the moment to deliver the best experience to our customers when they need help

Good - but has great mobile app partner in PepperHQ

Revel itself is a solid system, but it was not until we integrated it with a mobile app platform (one of their partners, who seem to only work with Revel) that we really started to get a return on investment from the Revel system. The two systems work brilliantly together and have transformed not only the customer experience, but also our operational efficiency. Revel itself is only part of the solution, Pepper HQ - check them out at http://pepperhq.com - is the key to unlocking the value and extending the features within Revel and I think Revel have been very clever getting these guys to partner with them - massive advantage over any other EPOS provider.

Pros

as I said the best thing out the solution is that it integrates so well with our mobile app from Pepper http://pepperhq.com

Cons

not the greatest support; people seem to leave the company all the time...

Great program!

We use Revel as our point of sales system at the restaurant I work in. After switching to revel from a previous program, I was immediately pleased with how easy and intuitive the program is. Splitting checks is extremely easy to do, no matter how many you have to split it into. This was not the case with our old program. It allows the ability to color code categories and even put an image on a button. Another excellent feature is that servers cannot swipe a card or cash out a bill that is not under their name. This eliminates report mix-ups and the hassle of having to calculate how much of another server's tips you ended up with and owe back to them because it can't happen. Overall, Revel was an excellent upgrade and continues to be an excellent program.

Pros

How intuitive and easy to use it is

Cons

Doesn't calculate tip percentages

Hello Claire, What awesome feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! I will contact you directly to learn more about your suggestions for how we can better handle tip percentages. Again, much appreciated. Cheers, Sarah, Community Manager at Revel Systems

de la mer experience with Revel

Pros

- Only iPad POS system on the market (as far as I know) that can deal with items priced by weight. - constant improvements on software being done (both UI and management consol) - enterprise management system that allows the management of multiple business units. - excellent 24hr/day technical support - a lot of flexibility in the system

Cons

- lack of stability with Moneris pin pad integration, ongoing issue of POS and pin pad not communicating at random. - difficult to find how to do certain functions in the management consol (not intuitive - for example searching for a subject through what seems like appropriate keys words will not allows bring up the items) - product costs not linked to inventory costs

Pretty, but Problematic

Lots of restaurants and retail stores I frequent use Revel. I would try Revel again if given the choice, but I would make sure to get my employees trained in troubleshooting themselves to avoid the potential of a customer service snafu.

Pros

I work for a small college bookstore that recently transitioned from an ancient, outdated POS system. We were all so excited about Revel. It's sleek, easy to use, and much simpler than many of its predecessors.

Cons

The biggest trouble we ran into is that Revel is hopelessly buggy, and I would sometimes be on the phone with customer service for an hour before getting my problem resolved. For a small business with only one cash register, this was often a nightmare.

Thanks very much for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that our system fell short of your expectations, but hope you give us another chance in the future. We're constantly working to improve the quality of our products and services.

Essential Foods Review of Revel

Many things need impprovment but overall a good system. Things to improve on... Inventory, Need a sperate app on Ipad to help take Phisicall inventory. Back side functuanilty needs improvement, too many steps to add products make availble that when you add a product you can do everyting in one step instead of saving and ving to next step and again and again! more tutorials on bulding recipies and...

Pros

Front End very user firendly

Cons

Backend lacking and functunallity needs imporvment

Hello Jeremiah, Thank you for the feedback and suggestions around inventory. To clarify, your "local installer" is just that - they install your system and get your business up and running. Our Support is available to you 24/7 and they are happy to walk you through building products and menus -- of course it's important to set aside time for that call. With any new system, it's important to give yourself time to discover how to get the most out of the platform. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. Regards, Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

One they get your money, you'll get neither a functional system nor customer service

The customer service is abysmal. Once the sale is made, you are chopped liver and the company really doesn't even seem to care if your system ever gets up and running after that point.

Pros

I can see exactly what we sold on a certain day. They look impressive so despite the fact that they have low functionality they look really pretty....but, lets be honest....that's mostly the ipad.

Cons

Notice how it's spelled rEVEL. (it's illiterate evil with an R). Things I though rEVEL would do but it doesn't, problems we have, and why you shouldn't purchase revel for your establishment. 1. When you set up a customer, they are not automatically set up to collect reward points. Your staff have to create a rewards card separately, then link it to the customer. We've had lots of input errors because...

WORST POS EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!

Not in mixed company

Pros

It looks nice and professional on our iPad. To look at the homepage, you'd (think) it was a sophisticated system.

Cons

Rather than crashing the site with my bitter, endless ranting about this POS, (and no, that does not stand for "Point Of Sale"), let me just say this: This is THE most unintuitive system we have EVER used. And no, that is not just my opinion. With 6 other employees who use this thing (and 2 of them are former IT professionals), every single one of us agree it is truly the worst. NOTHING is where you...

Hi Gary, I have reached out to you via email directly to collect your feedback. That invitation is still open and our product developers are always looking for customer input on functionality and UI. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Software Advice, regardless. I am sorry to hear you have experienced frustration with our platform and we are continually working to improve Revel. Regards, Sarah, Advocacy Manager at Revel

Customer since 2012: Easy to use, excellent features, poor customer service. Be careful...

Pros

This system is highly customizable and easy to use. Reports are excellent and Revel does a nice job of continuously updating the backend to be more useful. Keeping track of employee hours is easy and efficient.

Cons

We have been a customer since 2012 and Revel has changed the playing field: 1) Revel now charges more per terminal per month if you choose to not use their credit card processing service. This wasn't the case when we signed up. 2) We purchased 2 scales in 2012 and two more for a second location in 2014. Revel's updated system no longer supports these peripherals. Revel offered me a discount for...

Hi John, Thank you so much for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that there have been issues with your scales and our latest release. I am confident that the issue will be resolved and do apologize for the delay. I have escalated your case to our customer relations team and they will be sure to address any outstanding issues for you. You are always welcome to schedule a time to share your feedback with me at community@revelsystems.com. Happy to learn more about your experience. Regards, Sarah at Revel

Total Disappoinment

I'd stay away from this system and this company. I'm a small business owner and I've spent more time trying to get Revel to fix their POS (point of sale) than I have running my own business. I will soon cut my losses and find an alternative solution. I promise, this company will drive you to extreme frustration. Finally, I recommend paying a little extra for a better Poiny of Sale system, you will find it's cheaper in the long run than trying to use Revel.

Pros

Very Powerful Database for retail store once you have all your prices and inventory entered. The POS is easy to use after (only after) set up.

Cons

1. Despite previous positive reviews for customer service, they are terrible! They are great for explaining how to use the product, they are terrible for fixing their own product! 2. ALSO, DO NOT USE FOR E-COMMERCE! The web order feature (e-commerce) is useless and looks even worse. Prepare to explain your problem repeatedly when using support. You will be transferred from one tier of support...

Extremely overpriced fees and disappointing system!

Pros

It looks nice and sleek on the counter. The actual POS is pretty straight forward after training and most employees caught on quickly.

Cons

Where to start?? First, the monthly fees are insane considering the poor quality of the product and customer service. For two locations and three terminals, we paid fees to Revel each month. We've experienced a lot of equipment issues (tickets not printing to kitchen, card swipe goes down, mobile unit won't connect and allow orders to be taken, etc) oftentimes in the middle of a lunch rush. We...

Hi Meghan, I know we have already spoken over the phone about this, but I do apologize for your experience. It sounds like you encountered a known issue with the Online Ordering that has since been fixed. I apologize as I know how frustrating that can be when you are in the midst of service. We do appreciate your feedback and, again, apologize that we weren't able to work on a resolution for you sooner. Best regards, Sarah, Community Manager at Revel

100% Fail - Waste of Valuable Time and Money

Long and short, our experience with the Revel systems POS (our intent is to use it in Retail application) has been a nightmare. The problems started early on in being sold hardware components that were not designed to work in the way we needed to utilize them - despite us being very detailed in what we needed - and despite the Sales reps assurances they would (specifically the barcode scanners and...

Pros

Cons

Please see comments for a play by play and definitely look to other systems (the more I look into this, the more negative reviews I am finding that are sadly similar to our own).

No Customer Service Department only a Customer Retention Department!

Sorely disappointed in this millenial run company. No sense of understanding of customer loyalty. When I showed up in person at their offices in San Francisco, it was lunch time and the elevators were a turnstile of delivery people bringing in "take out" food to the office. I was treated very poorly when met by the Director of Sales who tried to just pawn off my issue "until Monday". Here were are...

Pros

Syncs for us seamlessly with Quickbooks online Can handle large inventory Lots of options for discounts and sales and alternative pricing and grouping Love putting the orders together on on iPad and closing it out at the register on another.

Cons

Terrible, horrible, god awful customer service. The tech people are great at helping do a lot of things by phone; however when we did an update after a big fiasco with trying to resync iPads to printers and iPads to swipers, etc, we find out that our scale that we purchased through Revel for more cost when it was only worth less, we were told is no longer supported...this only 2 years after purchase....

Revel Systems for Table Service Lacks VERY VERY VERY Basic Tip Report for Servers

Before you buy Revel ask the sales rep to try to print a basic tip report with a server log in prior to batching out at the end of the day. It's not currently possible unless you give your server full financial access.

Pros

Revel Systems syncs with Quickbooks better than any other system I'm aware of. They most often sell the equipment with higher-end networking and wireless access points such as Meraki or Ubiquiti whereas others use residential Netgear, Linksys, or TP Link which jeopardizes the stability of using a tablet as your POS.

Cons

This oversight by Revel is ridiculous. However, are you table service and do you need your servers or other employees to take credit card tips out of the cash drawer at the end of their shift? Or leave a receipt in the drawer of how much they took out? If so it's not currently possible with Revision 2.22.9-61 or below for a server to print a basic tip report (unless you give them full financial...

REVEL Systems Failed My Client

I am hoping to resolve the current issue between Revel and the organization Rethreaded. This nonprofit made a calculated move to switch to Revel with promises your sales team was unable to deliver. I hope, for the future of Rethreaded and Revel, that this matter can be resolved. I would truly like to turn this into a beautiful PR story and not PR nightmare. Back in August, after a meeting with Rethreaded...

Pros

There aren't any pros.

Cons

Misleading sales and lack of customer service.

Stay away this program

We are existing Revel System customer but I think our 2 year relationship is going to be an end. Changing a POS system is not simple but we still choose to leave must have our reasons. I just want to share my experiences with everyone who might consider marry to them. 1. We were told from their sale rep the QuickBooks integration will 100% work for Canadian customer because of this reason we signed...

Cons

Hi Column, Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that the experience has been a frustrating one. I will share your input with our leadership and product team. Regards, Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

Full of Glitches

We've been with Revel for about 8 months now. I am on the phone with customer support weekly, nearly daily. Our initial integration with Quickbooks was not well supported by their staff and eventually I had to just teach myself how to get the system set up and integrated. We have constantly had issues that when I contact customer service they tell me they don't know why it happened and it must be a...

Pros

-When it works it is more robust and better at speaking to Quickbooks than any other POS systems that we've used.

Cons

There are many, many issues that I can't explain because it works fine one day and not at all the next, with no reason. -Past POS companies have emailed me monthly updates about changes that are coming and information about updating the app or problems that have been discovered. Revel does no such thing.

Hi Emily, I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced frustration with the QuickBooks integration. I've looked into your support ticket history and it looks like support has resolved your most recent ticket. Additionally, in reviewing your QuickBooks support history with a QB Support Specialist, it appears that our sync has paused most frequently following deletion or removal of QuickBooks records,...

Not for salon use

Had trouble from the start wrong equipment and printer sent . Now the program does not like what I was told . Can even get my appointments when clients make them. I have dealt endless hours with support I probably have deleted and re added the software over 25 times . Called in over 75 times . Rebooted over 35 times . Spoke with customer support over 75 hours . Some seem like they know it's not functional for a salon but nothing they can do . It's sad . But I figure I'm gonna have to leave cause being a single operation an an people make appts online and I don't even know is the worst and then you got to refresh and then still the client is not on the calendar .

Pros

I just like apple products and customers like the seamless integration with checking out . So this has nothing to do with software.

Cons

Limited and useless for a salon. Clients make an appointment and can only add one service. So when they come in they are like I wanted to add other stuff but couldn't . I do not get a confirmation when a client has scheduled an appointment online . The system is set up for food service / dining . Calendar system is the worst .

Hello Krika, Thank you for your review and feedback. I am sorry to hear that you're having issues with your system and I ensured that one of our Client Relations team has reached out to you. I hope that we can get things working more smoothly for your salon. Regards, Sarah M., Community Manager, Revel Systems

A solid system that works for me....

Overall I'm very happy with the product.

Pros

Great customer service techs, they are knowledgable and someone is always available. Easy to update products, expandability, gift card applications a good feature, and the reporting is excellent. Probably the best feature. It really helps with budgeting and menu decisions.

Cons

I found the inventory system to be lacking. It is very hard to set up and very time consuming. It would be nice for new customers to have the option of Revel entering all of their products and not just trying to transfer from a spreadsheet. There were many mistakes and I wound up having to create the entire product page myself.

Poor billing practices after cancellation requested

I think it's overpriced and too time-consuming inputting modifiers and making changes to suit our business needs

Pros

I got to keep the really expensive iPad. My workers made a lot of money in overtime because of the time on the phone with customer support troubleshooting problems with the software.

Cons

As a business owner please do your due diligence and run from this company. After calling to stop the recurring billing from Revel and receiving a ticket 1245556, which stated it was being sent to billing department for cancellation. Revel continued to bill until i contacted them a second time. Their excuse of needing to speak to someone in client relations first before they would cancel the service....

Hi Timothy, I do apologize for the inconvenience and added frustration. Revel has a policy in place to protect our customers which requires our customers to cancel their account with our customer service team specifically. Unfortunately, if they are unable to reach you, it can prolong the process. I have shared your feedback with our leadership team as we do understand that the experience has been a frustrating one - not what we want for our customers. Regards, Sarah, Community Manager at Revel

Revel is a smart choice for small business owners looking to use the iPad as their POS

A POS system that is reliable most of the time.

Pros

There are many POS providers out there today but I think Revel does a great job for small business owners. They utilize a familiar hardware (iPad) and turn it into a POS system that's easy to navigate. Being in a rush or training new employees can be a disaster if you have the wrong POS system but Revel does a great job with their easy layout.

Cons

Customer service can be disastrous at times, especially if your POS system is down during a rush. It doesn't happen frequently but it does happen so you should be aware of that before making your choice.

Hi There, Thank you so much for the review and feedback! We are sorry to hear that you do experience the occasional outage -- if you have additional info regarding an issue of that nature, we would love to hear it to address it with our agents and engineers. Please feel free to contact me at community@revelsystems.com. Kind Regards, Sarah, Customer Advocacy Manager at Revel

Great customer service

Pros

Once you get the hang of it, everything is very easy to navigate. Also customer support is great every time.

Cons

It would be nice if you could actually go in and delete an item, class, etc. and reenter it rather than making it inactive

Hi Lindsay, Thank you so much for the 5-stars all around! Happy to hear that Revel is working well for your store. In terms of the inactive product issue, I am happy to share your feedback with our product developers. From a technical standpoint, our product engineers would not want to ever delete any data as it is historical -- doing that would impact your historical data and would have a negative impact on your reporting. That said, I know that our product team is working on a way to make the inactive products less in the way. Thank you again for sharing your feedback on Software Advice! Cheers, Sarah, Customer Advocacy Manager at Revel

Good idea, good realization on the hardware concept, but buggy software

Sales, inventory, predictions, CRM, marketing - all nicely done.

Pros

It is full wifi, full cloud, very versatile and very nice and sleek.

Cons

iOS only, apple only, comes out expensive, heavy toll on the pay as you go needs (licensing tied to number of terminals)

Their databases and analytics are good, but that is it

I liked the way I was able to manage the data with their system but just this is not worth the price I was paying for it

Pros

I was able yo create really successful marketing campaigns thanks to the databases that revel provides, they give you detailed information about the business operations.

Cons

their prices are extremely high compared to the other companies and their website and POS need to be renovated. if there was an issue it will require a call to customer service and it just makes it a long tedious process especially if you work in a fast-paced business like a restaurant.