Revel Systems

The Best iPad Point-of-Sale System

Revel Systems Reviews - Page 3

Average system with disastrous relationship management staff

Pros

I liked the idea that it worked in iPad with KDS, reporting and QSR menu building options. I though it was good until I tried the alternatives.

Cons

Poor and complicated customers database Too many dropped connections between POS and KDS Poor inventory management Complicated app update process After using the system for 5 years I decided to cancel my subscription, they lock my account and didn't respond on time and asked me to pay an additional month ( because of their late reply) to get access to export my old reports, so be cautioned if you are using it now or planning to use it.

Okay system

Had to downgrade 30+iPads once because a version released had to be taken off. Not a fun time.

Pros

Lots of things you can do with it. The modifier system is good, table options are fine, reporting system is fairly detailed.

Cons

Constant updates that aren’t fully optimized. Newer updates require newer iPads - we have about 50 older iPads from 4 years ago that need to be replaced. Clearly this system was designed for obselecense vs. Other POS systems. Updates always get confusing because the UI will change drastically and finding a certain function you’re used to by muscle memory will get frustrating.

Easy transition, easy to use, easy to modify.

Easier tracking of everything I need, easier to modify and easier to teach to the end user.

Pros

Everything I need all in one package, the back end reporting is spectacular and I can monitor and adjust from anywhere.

Cons

Sometimes the support is hard to understand. With a business open as many hours as I am, updating the system can be a chore, and require a over night shift to accomplish.

Hello Michael, Thank you for the high rating! Your feedback is much appreciated. I do understand that having to be closed for updating the POS can be challenging. You are able to remotely push changes to the POS. However, for updates to the Revel application, the iPads do need to power down and restart like most web-based applications. Ultimately, your POS is more secure because of it! Thank you again for the review! Cheers, Sarah, Community Manager at Revel

REVEL POS System: A Huge Mistake w/ Painful Ripple Effects

A Huge Mistake w/ Painful Ripple Effects. I want to convey concise specifics regarding where the decision to purchase the REVEL system went wrong without emotion but this process from start to finish coupled with the loss and major internal labor dollars, cuts deep! Before signing we did our due diligence, as best we knew how. Our team read the pro and con reviews. We took particular note of one...

Pros

IOS IPad functionality. Delivered product to store front quickly. If you have limited customization needs, the entry of products may prove easy.

Cons

On-boarding process. Inability to own product customization challenges. No provision in contract for when the product does not work with your business model as they initially advocated.

Hi Kendra, I am sorry to see that we were not able to meet your expectations. If you have specific requests during the sales process that were not rendered by the system we are happy to review them. However, in our director-level review of your inquiries of the system and needs during the sales process, we have delivered the product as stated. I have taken a look into your ticket history and...

They will keep taking your money after you have finished with the software

The tech support people are nice. The sales team don't care. The accounts will take your money and not give you the service.

Pros

Everything in one place like online ordering.

Cons

Complicated and were happy to charge for any addition or even when the service was cancelled they kept charging and would not refund. They said they can not refund even though no service was provided. Problems with accounts and over charging was a common occurance during our two years with Revel. I would highly recommend people look at other systems before going with Revel.

Complete POS in one small app with a lot of reporting options behind.

I would love to have custom reports ie; Between given dates how many green salad was sold?

Pros

Reporting functions. There is a lot of reports that we can check the data that has been processed.

Cons

Even though whenever i call i reach very knowledgable rep. If a person is not into tech stuff (like me ;) ) its very difficult to apply all those to the pos to fix something.

Murat, thanks so much for the kind feedback! We really appreciate it—we're always trying to find ways to improve our product, and the users like you who are pushing our platform to its limits are invaluable to that process. Best, Holden at Revel

Good POS Software

Revel is a much better POS system than previously used. It makes opening and closing very simple. Inventory is fairly simple. I like the look of the software. Definitely recommend it.

Pros

Nice clean look and fairly easy to find what you're looking for. Good POS software that can help you clean up your POS offerings. Provides fairly good POS protection and security for your business. Closing and opening is very simple. Saves a good amount of time from previous system used.

Cons

When you have two items and only one is discounted, the discount shows in the second item as well. This makes it hard to get the price right. Have had to do a manual discount, rather than percentage to work around this.

A Rare experiance worth sharing

Pros

The system has been well designed and while we are only scratching the surface of it's capabilities it's hard not to be impressed with the product. The vendor and more specifically the salesperson has been great, professional, timely and honest. The most difficult part of doing business with a larger company is the customer service these guys have it all figured out. I have been using restaurant POS systems for more that 20 years and have had many dismal experience, I'm well on track to believe that customer service is alive and well.

Cons

In the restaurant environment a tip share feature is very important and Revel is not there yet - I knew it going in but still made the move based on the trade offs(glad I did). The Revel operates on Apple we have the pro screens and could not be happier sleek, compact and powerful. While every vendor has it's issues I can honestly say it would not be fair for me to point out any one thing that I see as an issue - I have been very pleased with the experience and hope nothing changes.

Dont understand the others review

I finally found a system that i am not looking to change for a bit!!!!

Pros

Best customer service on the market!! Try touchbistro , (worst) ,Tryed Shopkeep (un par with revel) tried lightspeed(i would say below average!! t I had lots of weird request and lots of demand since my businesses go from table service to quick service to Grocery store! i Called then countless of time during setup and never waited more then 1 minute for service ! Also on all the wierd request i had they were able to make 90% of them work! , not ounce i had the system crashing on me ! not like that famous TB .. witch was almost a monthly thing !

Cons

Lots of add on that you have to pay extra monthly fee that actually should be ether cheap or sell as a package! After you sign ,and get you stuff! you Rep become almost unreachable ! and its get hard to get add on!

Great product if you have the time to put into it.

Pros

We like how you can really tailor it to your business. We run a bar and bottle shop, and can sell by using an ingredient or a product. The reporting is pretty extensive. The timekeeping and scheduling keep everything in one place.

Cons

The backend takes a bit of a learning curve. It will take some time to learn how to operate and get used to he format.

Thank you for your feedback, Scott. Let us know at community@revelsystems.com if there are any features you'd like to hear more about or if there are any other sticky spots on the learning curve we can help with.

Overall worth the sticker shock

Increased visibility of individual establishment performance through cloud-based control panel and reporting.

Pros

It is reliable. That is the name of the game in a retail and restaurant service environment. It just needs to work day in, day out. Revel has been a lot more reliable than the 2 other point-of-sales we have used in the past.

Cons

The price. The initial equipment is expensive and the subscription is expensive. Again, it's worth it though.

Hi Charley, Thank you so much for the great feedback! Glad to hear you are a happy customer :) Cheers, Sarah at Revel

Revel Systems are intuitive, easy to use, and supported by a relatively flexible customer service team.

Pros

I like the intuitive functionality and the breadth of options for a point-of-sale system. While it is not necessarily the most chain-friendly system, it is flexible enough and would probably be ideal for an independent company.

Cons

It is not as adaptable for very specific systems (like for a chain restaurant), and sometimes the customer service is contracted out to people who are not primary English speakers, which makes it more difficult to resolve problems (though their expertise is sufficient and oftentimes very good).

Can be far more better

The experience have been satisfactory. Felt it had lot of potential but not living up to it. If they become more customer focused and approach it might work for them.

Pros

Its functions at the time we bought were nice and feel we can do a lot of things if they approached it with more commitment. It was way ahead of competitors when it launched.

Cons

One of the biggest complaint is customer support and feel its a big let down. Also over period of time feel their product is not changing according to Industry Needs.

Revel Systems

We have had Revel Systems for one year .We went a head and tried demo from couple different POS systems and like Revel the best . Customer support has been great ,they always get back promptly if we need help . We have more data from reports than we ever had,witch helped with smarter buying and scheduling resulting in more sales and lowering hours used. In conclusion choosing Revel has been one of the best decisions we have made.

Pros

There is defiantly way more things i like about Revel than not. Once set up ringing sales is supper simple.Opening and closing are a breeze compared to other systems we have used. From the back end the reports are great and will help in any dissension you have to make on product and employees.

Cons

The only con has been scanning inventory in bulk against quantity on hand and having report on difference. I believe that is coming in an update.

Hi Ron, Thank you so much for the kind words and feedback. It is so great to hear that choosing Revel has been a great decision for Sotar. We are always working to improve our Inventory and I'd like to chat with you directly to learn more about your suggestions. Thank you again for sharing your experience! Cheers, Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

Revel, the Xero of POS; Beautiful software, outstanding customer support.

Our business has 8 locations under the Cobb & Co. brand name. We are TSR, multi location, and have future plans for up to 20-30stores in the next 4 years. Confident that we can grow with Revel.

Pros

Revel's use of real estate and easy-to-learn interface is second to none. Revel support structure, 24/7 with escalation to Tier 1>2>3.

Cons

Little bit spenny. They're just lucky it's so damn good. Would like to see some integrations with reservations software for restaurants. Other than that, Revel is choosing some good partners.

Hi Alex, Thank you so much for all of the stars! And the feedback. I would love to get your feedback in further detail. I will reach out to you directly via email. So glad to hear you will be growing with us! Cheers, Sarah at Revel

covers all my needs

i love the system overall, it would be nice for it to be tuned for my countrys laws a bit more as it is already being sold here ...

Pros

* Has most of the functionalities i need out of the box * Relatively short learning curve * Customer support in very attentive and readily available * Rich features

Cons

* local re-seller falls short * lacking the country and language localization * it was made with the U.S payment engine support in mind, it dose not cater for some of our local payment needs * there is no service catalog, every time i need a service i have to call a sales rep and see if i have it or not, and if i dont the costing structure is based on the re-seller * the reporting engine is also tuned...

Trust the Bad Reviews

For the sake of easy reading, I will simply say that at 49 years old, I have never had a worse experience in terms of product capability, professionalism within a company, accountability, and most of all, service. So bad was the product and service, that I willing gave up the initial expense, to allow myself to walk away from any contractual obligation. And this was after only months of use. There...

Pros

Few

Cons

Many

Hi Peter, I am sorry to hear you had such a poor experience and that we weren't able to turn it around for you. It is definitely not characteristic of our platform or current Customer Support structure. I took a look at your history and I see that you have not been a customer for some time now and that your primary issue stemmed from networking - if the networking is not functioning properly, of course, it can cause problems, and it can sometimes be environmental. We have definitely made a lot of advances since you were a customer and we now offer an Apple Ethernet Connect solution which solves trickier situations. I am just sorry we weren't able to offer this option to you formerly. Regardless, your feedback is appreciated. - Sarah, Community Manager at Revel

A Powerful POS

The Revel system is everything you need in an iPad POS. It is loaded with options and functionality for use in several industries (what else do you expect from the POS partner of Intuit's Quickbooks?). From restaurants to retail, Revel is completely customizable to handle all forms of sales tax, eat-in tables, retail categories, reporting, and even integrates with other software like Quickbooks Online. While...

Pros

The functionality and flexibility is great. I love that almost everything can be customized according to the preferences and needs of the business owner and his processes.

Cons

The way the integration works with QBO takes some getting used to, but it is not a deal breaker.

Hi Jake, This is great feedback to hear on our QuickBooks Integration. Thank you for taking the time to share on Capterra! Cheers, Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

Happy Early Adopter of Revel Systems

I was an ‘early adopter’ buying my Revel Systems POS in late 2012. My business has more than doubled and I credit Revel Systems as integral to that success. We started with one iPad, but within 6 months seamlessly added the second. I personally built the backend and found it intuitive and relatively easy once you commit to understanding the basics. I have felt some of Revels ‘growing pains’ over the...

Pros

Unlimited expand-ability Remote access to information Clean, simple iPad based POS

Cons

Rapid changes that ultimately benefit me, but sometimes I'm not ready for Managing Apple's updates with Revel's new builds

Revel is a really strong platform that does many things well, but is clearly designed for the fast/casual market

Revel is so close to being really great, I just wish it had a little more focus placed on the retail environment.

Pros

It is the only tablet-based POS system that has a robust inventory system. Lots of reporting options. clear desire for cost/expense tracking built in. For small issues, the support team is very responsive, particularly if you call on the phone.

Cons

The inventory functionality seems better for high quantity but low sku count businesses, we have a low quantity but high sku count business and its weaknesses show through in our environment. The App keeps taking simple tasks and when it is "upgraded" there just seem to be more button presses added.

Ok Product with very poor customer service

We run a small grocery store. This system came with no set up instructions, and when we called customer servoce they suggested we hire their tech guy. Absolutely unhelpful when we ran into trouble with both the software and hardware, and then the company ended up sending us parts that we didn’t order for our scanner/scale that we purchased from revel and that did not work from the get go, then refused to take the parts back, and then charged us for said parts 2 years later. Had very poor customer service and a team that was unwilling to support their system.

Pros

Fairly easy to operate if using for a very limited purpose. The main menu screen is clear enough. Like that it uses an IPAD.

Cons

BAD customer service. Software too limited for our needs, did not live up to its promises. Inventory and data hard to utilize from the dashboard.

Hi Lily, Thanks very much for your feedback—I'm sorry to hear you've been having difficulties with your Revel POS. We are looking into this matter and will be reaching out shortly. - Holden at Revel

The POS system needed for a critical upgrade.

Overall this upgrade in our POS has worked very well. A few design issues promised by sales but not backed by engineering were resolved. Have enjoyed the improved customer service response time.

Pros

Ease of use with our younger staff, they are familiar with the Apple platform. Customization for fit our unique environment. Cloud based, changes are fast and simple

Cons

Customer service spends more time creating and closing tickets than fixing issues. Switch the priority Communication has gotten better about upgrades, missed a couple and had to play catch up. Hardware issue sent me to fix an I-pad. I need a replacement not trouble shooting. Still not resolved

Hi Craig, Thank you for leaving your review on Software Advice and for high marks! Happy to hear that you are seeing the value in Revel and improvements in our platform! For software releases, be sure you are subscribed to our emails. We are happy to look into this for you and you are always welcome to share feedback about releases with community@revelsystems.com. In terms of your hardware exchange, it looks like the issue has been resolved. Thanks again for sharing your feedback! Cheers, Sarah at Revel

An affordable POS system

Our speed of checking out a customer has more than quadrupled over our old Quickbooks system. The customers are much happier.

Pros

Revel is responsive to our concerns, and has made changes based on our suggestions. Checkout of a customer is very rapid.

Cons

It was originally developed for the bar/restaurant industry. We are a garden center. Some of the features are not well suited to that. Reports could be easier to customize to our needs. The thing we like the least is the inability to see the open account customers open balance from the back office.

Hi Kim, What a nice review! Thank you for posting to Capterra and for sharing your feedback. I appreciate your input as a retail customer - we are working very hard on our retail capability this year so I am sure you will see some great features with our next software release. Thank you, again! Cheers, Sarah, Community Manager at Revel

Expensive, expensive, expensive

After using this system for a little over a year, I would recommend anyone shopping for POS services look for a solution that has dedicated hardware. An iPad may be great for personal use, but a solution with actual dedicated hardware would have eliminated a lot of headaches for us. The iPad's themselves have numerous features that we don't really need to operate our POS, so it's kind of a waste.

Pros

The user face is extremely sleek. Appearance wise it's a total 10. It was also very easy for our servers to learn how to use.

Cons

The cost is ridiculously high. Revel also likes to make changes that incur higher fees with the various vendors needed to process credit cards. A few months ago our payment gateway monthly fee raised high with absolutely no notice or real explanation as to why. When we called to ask about what changes were actually made, the reps could only seem to say that some security features had been upgraded....

Does the job mostly, but requesting features is easy and they get it done quick.

Pros

The design is great, it looks professional with a bit of fun. The support team is pretty great at responding in a timely manner, unfortunately the answer I receive most of the time is, that is not an option at this time. The submit a feature request is simple and they seem to actually use it, I have submitted many feature requests and about half are now features.

Cons

The reports seem to be lacking, you can pull lots of reports but there is almost always a few items that can't be added, which means that you need to pull more reports and combined them and hopefully you can get all of the information you need.